Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
ISS About to
Open Doors to
a Rare Guest
Dec 8, 2021 6:21 AM CST
ISS About to Open Doors to a Rare Guest
Expect to hear from billionaire space tourist Yusaku Maezawa on YouTube, Twitter
- Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa has been launched into space on what CNN calls “the first self-funded tourism mission to the International Space Station in a decade." "In total, seven self-funded individuals have visited the space station and Mr. Maezawa plans to be the 8th and the first...
Ends Quest for
Moon Trip Partner
Jan 30, 2020 8:04 AM CST
Billionaire Ends Quest for Moon Trip Partner
Yusaku Maezawa had 'mixed feelings,' is 'extremely remorseful'
- Cancel the box of chocolates, which likely wouldn't have impressed a billionaire anyway. Japan's Yusaku Maezawa, founder of fashion retailer Zozo, says he's pulled out of a search for his "life partner" who was to accompany him on a SpaceX flight around the moon in 2023....
Seeks Nice Girl
for Long Walks,
Trip Around Moon
Jan 12, 2020 8:53 AM CST
Billionaire Seeks Nice Girl for Long Walks, Trip Around Moon
Maezawa is on the prowl for a girlfriend to take on first private space tourism flight in 2023
- When last we saw Yusaku Maezawa, he was giving away $9 million in a "serious social experiment," and making record-setting tweets . Now, he's just a simple Japanese billionaire looking for a love that he wants to take literally out of this world. As Reuters reports, the man...
Billionaire to Dole Out $9M in
'Serious Social Experiment'
Jan 8, 2020 9:15 AM CST
Billionaire to Dole Out $9M in 'Serious Social Experiment'
Japanese entrepreneur Yusaku Maezawa wants to see if $9K will make 1K lucky winners happier
- Money supposedly doesn't buy happiness, but a Japanese billionaire thinks it might at least cheer some people up. Just a couple of weeks after Zozo founder Yusaku Maezawa donated more than $18 million to a Japanese city hit hard by a typhoon, the fashion-minded entrepreneur is back in the...
Easy to See Why Billionaire's
Tweet Is Now Most Retweeted
in case you missed it
Jan 12, 2019 3:00 PM CST
Easy to See Why Billionaire's Tweet Is Now Most Retweeted
Yusaku Maezawa promises some cash to 100 people
- A Japanese billionaire has now claimed the honor of having penned the most retweeted tweet ever. But once you hear what he wrote, it's not that surprising. Yusaku Maezawa's Jan. 5 tweet offered to split 100 million yen (that's about $925,000) among 100 people, reports the...
Elon Musk Names Tycoon
Set to Fly Around the Moon
Sep 18, 2018 2:13 AM CDT
Elon Musk Names Tycoon Set to Fly Around the Moon
'I choose to go to the moon,' says Yusaka Maezawa
- "I choose to go to the moon," Japanese fashion tycoon Yusaku Maezawa declared at an event at SpaceX's California headquarters Monday night. SpaceX founder Elon Musk revealed Maezawa as the company's first paying passenger on a voyage around the moon scheduled for 2023, reports Reuters . Maezawa,...
Painting Made by 21-Year-Old
in 1982 Sells for $110.5M
May 19, 2017 1:20 AM CDT
Painting Made by 21-Year-Old in 1982 Sells for $110.5M
Jean-Michel Basquiat masterpiece busts auction records
- An artwork created by a 21-year-old American in 1982 broke several records at an auction in New York City Thursday night—including most expensive work by a US artist. Jean-Michel Basquiat's untitled painting of a skull sold for $110.5 million to Japanese fashion tycoon Yusaku Maezawa, who set...
Popular on Newser
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Dr Pepper's Tuition Toss Was a Lot More Exciting Than Usual
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
'Unapproved' Schools Illustrate an Education Trend
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.