Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump: I'm an 'Island of One'
Oct 13, 2019 6:21 AM CDT
Trump: I'm an 'Island of One'
Says US cannot fight 'endless wars,' defends decision to get out of Syria
- President Trump said Saturday that he is an "island of one" for removing US forces from northeastern Syria. But the AP reports that he remained steadfast and defended a move that drew widespread bipartisan criticism that he has endangered stability in the Middle East and risked the lives of...
US Pastor Freed in Turkey
Amid Reports of Secret Deal
Oct 12, 2018 11:06 AM CDT
US Pastor Freed in Turkey Amid Reports of Secret Deal
Andrew Brunson bound for US after sentencing for espionage
- An American pastor detained for two years in Turkey on charges of espionage and aiding terrorist groups is heading home. A Turkish court on Friday allowed the release of evangelical pastor Andrew Brunson, who lived for more than 20 years in Turkey before he was jailed in the 2016 crackdown...
Official: US Has
Rejected Turkish Offer
on Pastor's Release
Aug 20, 2018 7:52 AM CDT
Official: US Has Rejected Turkish Offer on Pastor's Release
Dispute over Andrew Brunson appears set to drag on
- The disagreement with the US currently devastating the Turkish economy doesn't appear likely to end anytime soon. American pastor Andrew Brunson, who was jailed by Turkey for almost two years before a shift to house arrest last month, is at the center of the dispute and a senior White...
US Hits NATO Ally
Aug 2, 2018 4:58 AM CDT
US Hits NATO Ally With Sanctions
Trump had told Turkey to free jailed pastor
- President Trump has made good on his threat to hit Turkey with sanctions if American pastor Andrew Brunson wasn't freed. The country's justice minister and interior minister, Abdulhamit Gul and Suleyman Soylu, have been sanctioned over what White House press secretary Sarah Sanders describes as the "unfair...
Trump Threatens Turkey:
Let US Pastor Go Free
Jul 26, 2018 1:32 PM CDT
Trump Threatens Turkey: Let US Pastor Go Free
North Carolina's Andrew Brunson is out of jail but under house arrest, accused of espionage
- He is a 50-year-old American pastor who has been doing missionary work in Turkey for 23 years. Turkey, however, has a different description for Andrew Brunson: They say he's a spy and an abettor of terrorists who is working to overthrow the government. Brunson has been in custody for...
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
Missing Monkeys Found in Abandoned Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.