Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Cohen's Tell-All Foreword
Is Out, and It's Provocative
Aug 14, 2020 1:31 AM CDT
Cohen's Tell-All Foreword Is Out, and It's Provocative
There's a reference to 'golden showers' in it
- The foreword to Michael Cohen's Trump tell-all is out, and it's a doozy. "Trump has no true friends," Cohen writes in the opening to the book due out Sept. 8. (Read the foreword in full here ; a White House rep calls it "fan fiction" the...
Jul 24, 2020 2:45 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Heads Home
Bureau of Prisons argues with judge's ruling
- Michael Cohen is out of prison again. President Trump's former personal lawyer was released Friday, a day after a judge ruled that he had been sent back to prison from home confinement as retaliation for his plan to release a book critical of Trump. The AP reports that Cohen...
Judge Frees Michael Cohen,
Says He Was Treated Unfairly
Jul 23, 2020 11:22 AM CDT
Judge Frees Michael Cohen, Says He Was Treated Unfairly
Trump's former attorney must be released by Friday afternoon
- Michael Cohen is getting out of prison early—again. A federal judge ordered President Trump's former attorney released by 2pm Friday and accused the government of retaliating against him, reports CNBC . Cohen had been furloughed in May over concerns about the coronavirus and ordered to serve out his sentence...
Wants Out of Jail Again
Jul 21, 2020 1:27 AM CDT
Michael Cohen Wants Out of Jail Again
Trump's former personal lawyer sues AG William Barr to be released, again, from prison
- President Trump’s former personal lawyer sued Attorney General William Barr and the Bureau of Prisons director Monday, saying he’s being unjustly held behind bars to stop him from finishing a book that criticizes Trump, the AP reports. The lawsuit on behalf of Michael Cohen was filed late Monday...
Cohen 'Had Rug
Pulled Out From
Under Him' in
Jul 10, 2020 6:00 AM CDT
Cohen 'Had Rug Pulled Out From Under Him' in Prison Stunner
Lawyer says the problem has to do with a document officers wanted Cohen to sign
- Michael Cohen "had the rug pulled out from under him" Thursday when he was abruptly sent back to prison , one of his lawyers says. According to the
New York Times
, President Trump's longtime personal lawyer and fixer was "in good spirits" as he arrived to the courthouse,...
Is Back in Prison
Jul 9, 2020 1:38 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Is Back in Prison
Former Trump attorney was serving remainder of sentence at home
- Michael Cohen is back in federal custody less than two months after being released, reports ABC News . In May, the former Trump attorney was allowed to leave federal prison and return to New York City to finish his sentence at home because of coronavirus fears. The reason he's back...
a Year in Prison
May 21, 2020 3:41 PM CDT
Former Trump Lawyer Goes Home After a Year in Prison
Michael Cohen is released to home confinement because of the pandemic
- After serving just over a year in a federal prison, Michael Cohen was released Thursday and returned to his home in New York City. After winning his release because of concern he'd contract the coronavirus in prison, President Trump's former lawyer will serve the rest of his three-year...
May 21, 2020 12:53 AM CDT
Michael Cohen Getting Out Thursday: Source
Ex-Trump lawyer will reportedly be moved to home confinement amid pandemic
- President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison Thursday and is expected to serve the remainder of his sentence at home, a person familiar with the matter told the AP . Cohen has been serving a federal prison sentence at FCI Otisville in...
Michael Cohen on
May 11, 2020 1:53 PM CDT
Rosie Advising Michael Cohen on Anti-Trump Book
O'Connell wrote to him in prison, then visited him in person
- Michael Cohen is working on a book critical of President Trump from prison , and he's getting a little help putting it together from another Trump nemesis, Rosie O'Donnell . It seems that O'Donnell first wrote a letter to the president's former attorney and struck up a friendship,...
Bad News on 2 Fronts
for Michael Cohen
May 2, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
Bad News on 2 Fronts for Michael Cohen
Trump's ex-lawyer wasn't released from prison, though it's murky; plus, pushback on his tell-all
- Friday was supposed to be the day when Michael Cohen, the former personal attorney to President Trump, was to be released early from prison, allowed to spend the rest of his sentence in home confinement instead of remaining behind bars until November 2021. Now, sources tell ABC News that Cohen...
to Be Released
Apr 17, 2020 2:30 AM CDT
Michael Cohen to Be Released Thanks to Coronavirus
He'll be released to home confinement, his attorney says
- Michael Cohen, currently serving a three-year sentence related to "hush money" payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, among other things, was scheduled to be released in November of next year. Instead, he'll be released any day now, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. Cohen's lawyer and multiple...
Apr 11, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Gets Moved to Solitary
President Trump's former lawyer is removed from a minimum-security facility
- Looks like Michael Cohen is going to have some alone time. President Trump's former lawyer was moved Wednesday to solitary confinement amid his three-year sentence for breaking campaign finance laws, Reuters reports. Officials relocated him from a minimum-security camp in Otisville, about 70 miles from New York City, to...
We're Good, Stormy Daniels'
Attorney Said After Payment
Jul 18, 2019 4:20 PM CDT
We're Good, Stormy Daniels' Attorney Said After Payment
Court records show Trump knew of efforts to keep women quiet
- Court records released Thursday show Donald Trump was aware of efforts to keep a porn star and a Playboy centerfold silent in the days leading up to the 2016 election. But despite Trump's knowledge of those efforts—and the involvement of several others in his orbit— federal prosecutors in...
2 Big Decisions
Don't Go Trump's Way
May 22, 2019 5:34 PM CDT
2 Big Decisions Don't Go Trump's Way
His tax returns, financial records may be closer to the light of day
- New York lawmakers gave final passage to legislation Wednesday that would allow President Donald Trump's state tax returns to be released to congressional committees that have, so far, been barred from getting the president's federal filings, the AP reports. The Democrat-led Senate and Assembly both approved the measures...
Trump Jr. Reaches Deal
to Testify: Sources
May 14, 2019 4:40 PM CDT
Trump Jr. Reaches Deal to Testify: Sources
Senate Intelligence Committee, president's son reach deal after controversial subpoena
- Donald Trump Jr. will testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee behind closed doors in mid-June, a source tells CNN . The committee reached the deal with President Trump's eldest son after it subpoenaed him to appear before the committee, a decision that proved controversial for the committee's Republican chairman...
In Secret Recording, Cohen
Makes Explosive Falwell Claim
May 8, 2019 6:56 AM CDT
In Secret Recording, Cohen Makes Explosive Falwell Claim
He says he helped evangelical leader deal with leak of racy photos
- Michael Cohen says he helped Jerry Falwell Jr. with a highly personal matter months before the evangelical leader endorsed President Trump in 2015, according to a conversation taped by Tom Arnold. Arnold says he was waiting for his friend Cohen to go to prison before he released the recording of...
Here's What Michael Cohen's
Prison Life Will Be Like
May 6, 2019 9:30 AM CDT
Here's What Michael Cohen's Prison Life Will Be Like
He begins 3-year sentence at a white-collar facility in Otisville, NY
- Michael Cohen begins a new, unwanted phase of his life on Monday: prisoner. President Trump's former attorney reports to the federal correctional institute in Otisville, NY, about 90 miles north of New York City, to start serving his three-year sentence for misdeeds including tax evasion and lying to Congress....
Michael Cohen Sounds Ticked
on Eve of Prison Sentence
Apr 29, 2019 12:53 PM CDT
Michael Cohen Sounds Ticked on Eve of Prison Sentence
'How come I’m the one that’s going to prison?' he asks in 'New Yorker' profile
- Michael Cohen reports to federal prison next week to begin his three-year sentence , and Jeffrey Toobin of the
caught up with him beforehand. One thing that's clear: The former fixer for Donald Trump is miffed that he ended up being the one in prosecutor's crosshairs. “...
Cohen Changes His Story
Apr 24, 2019 5:20 PM CDT
Cohen Changes His Story
Trump's former lawyer chats with actor Tom Arnold
- Michael Cohen is changing his tune. Chatting on the phone with actor Tom Arnold—who gave the
Wall Street Journal
a recording of the call—President Trump's ex-lawyer repudiated two of his guilty pleas, said he's lost "everything," and complained about getting little in return for...
Cohen Says He Has
New Evidence for Democrats
Apr 5, 2019 5:48 AM CDT
Cohen Says He Has New Evidence for Democrats
He asks them to help him stay out of prison
- Michael Cohen says he has information that could help House Democrats with their investigations of President Trump—but he needs their help to stay out of prison. Attorneys for Trump's former lawyer, who is due to report to federal prison May 6, said in a letter to Democratic lawmakers...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.