Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Nobel Prize in Chemistry Winners Revealed in Rare Leak
House Panel OKs Subpoenas
for Big Names in Trump Probe
Jul 11, 2019 4:32 PM CDT
House Panel OKs Subpoenas for Big Names in Trump Probe
Including Jared Kushner, Jeff Sessions
- The House Judiciary Committee voted Thursday to authorize subpoenas for 12 people mentioned in special counsel Robert Mueller's report, including President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the AP reports. The panel also voted to authorize subpoenas for documents and testimony related to Trump'...
Disgraced Aide Re-Emerges,
and His Ex-Wife Is Troubled
Mar 21, 2019 7:27 PM CDT
Disgraced Aide Re-Emerges, and His Ex-Wife Is Troubled
Jenna Willoughby writes about Rob Porter's return to public eye, after abuse allegations
- Last week, the
Wall Street Journal
published an op-ed about President Trump's trade policy that was routine in everything but the byline: Robert Porter. That would be the same Rob Porter who lost his job as a White House official last year when allegations of physical abuse surfaced from...
Clears a Big
May 23, 2018 2:38 PM CDT
Jared Kushner Clears a Big FBI Milestone
Presidential son-in-law receives his permanent security clearance
- It took a while, but presidential son-in-law and top adviser Jared Kushner has received his permanent security clearance, reports the
New York Times
. Kushner had been stripped of his top-level clearance in February as the White House tightened policy in the wake of the Rob Porter scandal , notes CNN . But...
Trump's Personal Assistant
Is Escorted From White House
Mar 13, 2018 1:55 PM CDT
Trump's Personal Assistant Is Escorted From White House
John McEntee fired from White House post, then hired by the Trump campaign
- Another White House departure is making headlines Tuesday, and it's one that President Trump won't be happy about. The president's personal assistant, John McEntee, was abruptly fired and escorted out of the White House over some kind of security clearance issue, reports the
Wall Street Journal
Kushner's Security Clearance
Just Got More Complicated
Feb 24, 2018 5:57 AM CST
Kushner's Security Clearance Just Got More Complicated
Justice Department warns White House it needs more time to investigate
- Jared Kushner may be a top adviser to President Trump, but his authority to view classified information is looking dicier by the day. In fact, it may already have been revoked. As part of chief of staff John Kelly's newly tightened restrictions in the wake of the Rob Porter...
Report: Kushner Set to
Lose Access to Classified Info
Feb 21, 2018 4:36 AM CST
Report: Kushner Set to Lose Access to Classified Info
He's on the wrong side of Kelly's new rules
- White House chief of staff John Kelly's overhaul of White House clearance procedures in the wake of the Rob Porter scandal extends to all staff members—and insiders say the president's son-in-law isn't happy about it. The
New York Times
, citing "White House officials and others...
the Rob Porter Mess
Feb 14, 2018 11:36 AM CST
Congress Investigating the Rob Porter Mess
House panel looking into how he kept his White House job
- Having trouble keeping track of the Rob Porter story in regard to who knew what, when? Congress is, too. The House Oversight Committee has begun an investigation into how the ousted White House staff secretary kept his high-echelon post despite police and other records spelling out abuse allegations from his...
Rob Porter Problem
Feb 13, 2018 1:05 PM CST
FBI Chief Just Worsened White House's Rob Porter Problem
Christopher Wray's account differs with the White House version of events
- The Rob Porter saga re-emerged front and center in Washington on Tuesday, as FBI chief Christopher Wray testified before a Senate panel. The upshot is that Wray's account suggests the White House was warned about Porter's background months before it has previously acknowledged, reports
. Porter resigned...
Trump Called Me a
Liar, 'I Forgive' Him
Feb 12, 2018 6:49 AM CST
Porter's Ex-Wife: Trump Called Me a Liar, 'I Forgive' Him
'The truth exists whether the president accepts it or not'
- Jennie Willoughby wasn't surprised when President Trump implied she was lying about claims ex-husband Rob Porter abused her. Based on a Saturday tweet noting a "mere allegation" ruins the "falsely accused," Trump believes "abuse is something to be questioned and doubted" but "the truth...
Trump: Lives Being 'Shattered'
by Assault Allegations
Feb 11, 2018 6:10 AM CST
Trump: Lives Being 'Shattered' by Assault Allegations
'There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone'
- President Trump on Saturday seemed to frame the downfall of a pivotal aide accused of abusing his wives as a character assassination, adding to the tumult that has engulfed the White House, splintered staff, and imperiled chief of staff John Kelly. Trump vented in a tweet that appeared to take...
Popular on Newser
9-Year-Old's Parents Got Ransom Note After She Vanished
House Votes 216-210 to Oust McCarthy
Pope's Comments on Same-Sex Unions Make Waves
Break in Kidnapping Case: Suspect Dropped Off a Note
Webb Telescope Makes 'Baffling' Discovery
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.