Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
17-Year-Old Caught After
Prison Break Does It Again
Nov 27, 2023 9:35 AM CST
17-Year-Old Caught After Prison Break Does It Again
David Atkins, 17, slipped out of Baton Rouge detention facility on Saturday with another teen
- Louisiana police have their hands full with a murder suspect, who has escaped youth jail there not once but twice this month. CBS News reports that two teens slipped out of the East Baton Rouge Juvenile Detention Center on Saturday night, though authorities aren't yet sure how. WAFB identifies...
Sep 27, 2023 4:09 PM CDT
Murder Suspect Recaptured in Minnesota
Kevin Mason was on the run for 2 weeks
- A murder suspect accidentally released from a detention center in Indiana has been recaptured in Minnesota, the state where there were three warrants out for his arrest. The Marion County Sheriff's Office in Indiana said Kevin Mason was recaptured in St. Paul on Wednesday after two weeks on the...
Key to Fugitive's Survival:
a Watermelon Farm
Sep 14, 2023 2:50 PM CDT
Key to Fugitive's Survival: a Watermelon Farm
Danelo Cavalcante eluded capture for two weeks in Pennsylvania, allegedly planned a carjacking
- So how did escaped prison inmate Danelo Cavalcante survive for two weeks in the woods of Pennsylvania? Authorities have revealed more details about Cavalcante's time on the lam—and his plans to stay free—before his capture on Wednesday .
Cavalcante lucked out by stumbling upon a watermelon farm
Photo of Cops With Recaptured
Killer Slammed as 'Inhumane'
Sep 14, 2023 6:31 AM CDT
Photo of Cops With Recaptured Killer Slammed as 'Inhumane'
Controversy arises over pic taken in Pennsylvania after Danelo Cavalcante was back in custody
- A group photo of about two dozen officers in tactical gear posing with escaped murderer Danelo Cavalcante minutes after his capture on Wednesday in southeastern Pennsylvania drew criticism from policing reform advocates and some members of the public. The moment of the photo was captured by a KYW-TV television news...
How Prison Escapee
Sep 13, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
How Prison Escapee Danelo Cavalcante Was Captured
Thermal heat technology, a US Border Patrol dog were key
- The hunt for escaped murderer Danelo Cavalcante in Pennsylvania came to a close on Wednesday morning, with Chester County authorities announcing his capture in a broadcast radio call made at 8:18am. "I'm proud to announce the subject is in custody. Repeating, subject is in custody," said...
'Training Was His
Suffering,' Says Mom
Sep 13, 2023 2:05 AM CDT
Escaped Murderer's 'Training Was His Suffering,' Says Mom
She insists her son is not a danger to the public
- As the manhunt for escaped murderer Danelo Cavalcante continues in Pennsylvania, his mother, in her first interview since he fled Chester County Prison on August 31, says the 34-year-old has been essentially training for survival his entire life. "His training was his suffering," Iracema Cavalcante tells the
Has Now Armed Himself
Sep 12, 2023 2:50 AM CDT
Escaped Murderer Has Now Armed Himself
As of early Tuesday, police said they were in active pursuit
- Convicted murderer Danelo Cavalcante escaped from Pennsylvania's Chester County Prison on August 31, and despite multiple sightings , he still has not been recaptured. On Monday afternoon, police said there was no longer a defined search area for the manhunt, though Cavalcante was still believed to be in the county,...
Went to the Homes
of His Former Co-Workers
Sep 11, 2023 1:40 AM CDT
Escaped Murderer Went to the Homes of His Former Co-Workers
And is now miles outside the original search area
- Escaped murderer Danelo Cavalcante showed up at the homes of two of his former colleagues Saturday night, police say. The convicted killer, who escaped from Pennsylvania's Chester County Prison on August 31, first went to the East Pikeland Township home of someone he worked with several years ago, the...
Prison Escapee Now Has
Sep 10, 2023 7:45 AM CDT
Prison Escapee Now Has 'Changed Appearance'
Pennsylvania police released updated photos of Danelo Cavalcante
- An escaped murderer on the run for more than a week in southeast Pennsylvania has been spotted with what police called "a changed appearance," per the AP . Pennsylvania State Police said in a statement on Sunday that Danelo Cavalcante was seen overnight near Phoenixville in northern Chester County....
Terror Suspect's 75-Hour
Jailbreak Has Ended
Sep 9, 2023 7:45 AM CDT
Terror Suspect's 75-Hour Jailbreak Has Ended
Daniel Khalife, who broke out of London prison on Wednesday, was nabbed in west end of city
- Daniel Abed Khalife has been found. Local police say the 21-year-old terror suspect, who'd escaped from London's Wandsworth prison on Wednesday by apparently strapping himself to the bottom of a food delivery van, was arrested in the Chiswick section of the city around 11am local time on Saturday,...
Witness Reports Seeing
Escaped UK Suspect
Sep 8, 2023 4:15 PM CDT
Witness Reports Seeing Escaped UK Suspect
Police search London park after report of man crawling out from under van
- Police are concentrating their search for an escaped terror suspect in southwest London, after receiving a report that Daniel Khalife was spotted in the area. One account of his prison escape had him getting away Wednesday by holding onto the bottom of a delivery van; a witness said a man...
With the Man
Who Killed Her
Sister on the Loose,
Sep 8, 2023 1:31 AM CDT
With the Man Who Killed Her Sister on the Loose, She's Terrified
Sister of prison escapee's victim speaks out
- It's been more than a week since Danelo Cavalcante escaped from a Pennsylvania prison , and the family of the woman he murdered is "terrified," says the Chester County district attorney. "They do have protection, and they are terrified. They haven't left their home," DA...
Murderer Used 'Crab Walk' to
Escape Pennsylvania Prison
Sep 7, 2023 1:28 AM CDT
Murderer Used 'Crab Walk' to Escape Pennsylvania Prison
Search for Danelo Cavalcante enters 8th day
- Thursday marks one week since convicted murderer Danelo Cavalcante escaped from a Pennsylvania prison, and the search continues in Chester County, about 25 miles west of Philadelphia. The reward for information leading to his capture has been increased to $20,000. On Wednesday, officials detailed how exactly the 34-year-old, who...
'Even While I Was in the House,
I Would Have My Doors Locked'
Sep 6, 2023 6:01 AM CDT
'Even While I Was in the House, I Would Have My Doors Locked'
Danelo Cavalcante still has not been found in Pennsylvania
- The search for escaped murderer Danelo Cavalcante entered its seventh day Wednesday, with the community around the Chester County Prison, from which he escaped Thursday, on high alert. A Pennsylvania State Police lieutenant said that if his home were around the search area, "even while I was in the...
From His Mom
Sep 5, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
Cops Hunting Escaped Killer Play Message From His Mom
Authorities are still searching for Danelo Cavalcante in Pennsylvania
- As authorities continue to search for escaped murderer Danelo Cavalcante in Pennsylvania, a message from his mom is being broadcast from helicopters and patrol cars. An officer with the US Marshals Office explains the message was recorded "in the hopes that perhaps, as desperate as he is, maybe he...
Killer Escapes Days
After Getting Life Sentence
Sep 1, 2023 5:29 AM CDT
Killer Escapes Days After Getting Life Sentence
Danelo Cavalcante is 'extremely dangerous,' Pennsylvania authorities say
- An inmate described as "extremely dangerous" escaped from a prison in Pennsylvania less than 10 days after he was sentenced to life without parole for the April 2021 murder of his ex-girlfriend. Authorities say Danelo Cavalcante, 34, escaped from the Chester County Prison in suburban Philadelphia Thursday morning, the...
'This Guy Is Very, Very
Good at Fooling People'
Aug 5, 2023 6:00 AM CDT
'This Guy Is Very, Very Good at Fooling People'
Allen Todd May, 58, who escaped from Colorado prison in late 2018, is captured in Fort Lauderdale
- A career fraudster who escaped from a federal prison in Colorado nearly five years ago was captured this week while moving into a $1.5 million house near the ocean on Florida's Gold Coast, federal officials said Friday. Federal marshals arrested Allen Todd May, 58, at the house in...
Cops: We Found Escaped
Inmate's Survival Cache
Jul 14, 2023 11:29 AM CDT
Cops: We Found Escaped Inmate's Survival Cache
Murder suspect and survivalist Michael Burham thought to still be in woods near Warren, Pa.
- Authorities believe they've found a hidden stash of supplies used by Michael Burham, a murder, kidnapping, burglary, and arson suspect who escaped from a Pennsylvania jail a week ago. A bag containing food, clothes, and "other materials that someone might need if they were trying to exist in...
Escaped Inmate, a Survivalist,
Remains on the Run
Jul 10, 2023 10:40 AM CDT
Escaped Inmate, a Survivalist, Remains on the Run
Michael Burham at large on East Coast, and there's a second escaped inmate on the West Coast
- Two manhunts for escaped prisoners were underway Monday on opposite sides of the country. Michael Burham, 34, escaped from the Warren County Jail in Pennsylvania on Thursday, while Eric Abril, 35, slipped away from a California hospital while under armed guard on Sunday. Both inmates have violent criminal records. Coverage:...
'Please Call 911
Immediately If He Is Spotted'
Jul 8, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
'Please Call 911 Immediately If He Is Spotted'
Authorities say 'dangerous' homicide suspect Michael Burham broke out of Pennsylvania prison
- Authorities were searching Saturday for an inmate described by police as "very dangerous" who escaped from a jail in northwestern Pennsylvania using bedsheets, officials said. Michael Burham was last seen wearing a blue denim coat from the Warren County Prison, white and orange pants, and orange shoes, Warren police...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Report: Israel Had Details of Hamas Attack for Over a Year
Bad News for Trump on Jan. 6 Civil Suits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.