Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
After $75K in Fines,
Alex Jones Finally
Sits for Deposition
Apr 7, 2022 1:19 AM CDT
After $75K in Fines, Alex Jones Finally Sits for Deposition
He then immediately applied for the money to be returned to him
- Alex Jones was questioned Wednesday by lawyers for families of Sandy Hook victims in Connecticut, where a judge had ordered the Infowars host to face mounting fines until he appeared for a deposition, the AP reports. Relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012...
Nix Alex Jones'
Mar 30, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families Quickly Nix Alex Jones' Settlement Offer
Lawyers say Jones is just trying to 'escape a public reckoning'
- Infowars host Alex Jones offered to pay $120,000 per plaintiff to resolve a lawsuit by relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims who said he defamed them by asserting the massacre never happened, according to court filings Tuesday. The offer was quickly rejected by the families, the AP...
Judge Makes Rare Move in
Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Nov 15, 2021 12:06 PM CST
Judge Makes Rare Move in Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Infowars host is guilty by default in Connecticut defamation case, just as he was in Texas
- Alex Jones is now 0 for 4 in defamation cases brought by parents of victims in the Sandy Hook school shooting. On Monday, a judge in Connecticut took the rare step of finding Jones guilty by default because he repeatedly refused to hand over documents pertinent to the trial, reports...
Jones Loses Sandy Hook
Cases by Default
Oct 1, 2021 10:55 AM CDT
Jones Loses Sandy Hook Cases by Default
Conspiracy theorist repeatedly failed to comply with orders to provide documents
- Alex Jones has lost two more court cases and is going to have to pay more damages to the families of children killed in a mass shooting he claimed was a hoax. A Texas judge has issued two rare default judgments against Jones and his conspiracy theorist media outlet, Infowars,...
Descent of Alex Jones
Apr 19, 2021 5:48 PM CDT
Podcasters Track Descent of Alex Jones
As Infowars traffic falls, hosts who mock it wonder what they'll do next
- Dan Friesen and Jordan Holmes are following Alex Jones closely on his way down, but they aren't fans. They are growing concerned, though, about the Infowars host hitting bottom. "He just feels less and less in control of what he's doing. The presentation is reckless and absurd,...
Supreme Court Rejects
Alex Jones' Request
in Sandy Hook Case
Apr 6, 2021 2:04 AM CDT
Supreme Court Rejects Alex Jones' Request in Sandy Hook Case
High court offered no comment on its decision
- The US Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal by Infowars host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who was fighting a Connecticut court sanction in a defamation lawsuit brought by relatives of some of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the AP reports. Jones was...
Sue Alex Jones
Jan 23, 2021 1:45 PM CST
Court: Newtown Parents Can Sue Alex Jones
Defamation cases are pending over Infowars calling mass shooting a hoax
- Alex Jones has lost his attempt to have lawsuits by the parents of children shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary thrown out. The Texas Supreme Court made no comment in rejecting Jones' argument Friday, the
reports. The parents sued after Jones and his Infowars broadcasts called the...
FDA Has a Coronavirus
Warning for Alex Jones
Apr 10, 2020 2:14 AM CDT
FDA Has a Coronavirus Warning for Alex Jones
Tells Infowars host to stop hawking fake treatments for the virus
- Count Alex Jones among the people hawking fake coronavirus treatments . The FDA and the FTC warned the right-wing conspiracy theorist in a letter to stop promoting and selling silver-infused products including toothpaste and mouthwash that "are intended to mitigate, prevent, treat, diagnose, or cure COVID-19." Those products are...
Arrested in Florida
Jan 28, 2020 3:10 AM CST
Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theorist Arrested in Florida
Wolfgang Halbig harassed parents of slain children
- A Florida man obsessed with harassing the parents of murdered children has been arrested and charged with unlawful possession of the personal identification of another person. Authorities say Wolfgang Halbig—who has long claimed that the December 2012 massacre of 20 children and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School...
for $100K Over
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 AM CST
Alex Jones, Infowars Hit for $100K Over Sandy Hook
Judge orders conspiracy theorist to pay court costs, legal fees to family of slain Newtown boy Jesse Lewis
- Alex Jones and his Infowars website haven't even gone to trial yet regarding a lawsuit brought against him by a Sandy Hook family, but the case has already put him nearly $130,000 in the hole, not counting his own expenses. Per the Daily Beast , in addition to an...
Lawyers Say Alex Jones
Sent Them Child Porn
Jun 18, 2019 1:27 AM CDT
Lawyers Say Alex Jones Sent Them Child Porn
Conspiracy theorist says he's being framed
- A bizarre twist in the Sandy Hook lawsuit against Alex Jones: Lawyers for the families of school massacre victims say the Infowars host sent them child pornography in email files turned over as part of the defamation lawsuit, reports the
The lawyers say they reported the images to...
Pepe the Frog
Jun 11, 2019 4:14 PM CDT
It's Over Between Infowars, Pepe the Frog
Alex Jones pays $15K over use of cartoon image
- Conspiracy-promoting website Infowars will pay $15,000 to resolve a copyright infringement lawsuit over its sales of a poster featuring the image of Pepe the Frog , a cartoon character that was hijacked by far-right extremists and racist internet trolls. "Infowars" show host Alex Jones on Monday signed his companies'...
Alex Jones, Yiannopoulos
Respond to Facebook Ban
May 2, 2019 4:56 PM CDT
Alex Jones, Yiannopoulos Respond to Facebook Ban
Right-wing figures and Louis Farrakhan, known for anti-Semitic comments, permanently banned
- After years of pressure to crack down on extremist content, Facebook has banned Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and other extremists, saying they violated its ban against hate and violence, the AP reports. The company also banned right-wing leaders Paul Nehlen, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson, and Laura Loomer, along with...
Mar 5, 2019 7:32 AM CST
Conspiracy Theorist Retracts, Apologizes
Jerome Corsi pulls back his Infowars column about late DNC staffer Seth Rich
- The family of late Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich just notched a victory in their attempt to disentangle him from a conspiracy theory on the right. Conservative writer Jerome Corsi has a retracted a column he wrote alleging that Rich was involved in the hack of DNC emails that...
Alex Jones to
Be Deposed in
Sandy Hook Suit
Feb 14, 2019 10:00 AM CST
Alex Jones to Be Deposed in Sandy Hook Suit
Ruling celebrated by plaintiff Mark Barden
- Another loss for Alex Jones: The Infowars host must sit for a five-hour deposition by lawyers representing the families of Sandy Hook victims, who allege defamation over his claims that the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Conn., was a hoax. Bridgeport Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis issued the blow on...
Roger Stone Admits Using
InfoWars to Spread Lies
Dec 18, 2018 5:40 AM CST
Roger Stone Admits Using InfoWars to Spread Lies
He reaches settlement in $100M defamation case
- Roger Stone, the Trump confidant recently praised by the president for his truthfulness, has agreed to run ads in national newspapers apologizing for spreading lies. As part of a settlement in a $100 million defamation lawsuit brought by exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui, Stone has admitted using the conspiracy website...
Alex Jones Sues PayPal
Oct 2, 2018 2:02 PM CDT
Alex Jones Sues PayPal
Payment processing site banned Infowars last month
- Less than two weeks after PayPal banned Infowars, Infowars founder Alex Jones is suing the digital payment platform. PayPal said that the conspiracy-peddling website violated its policies by promoting "hate" and gave it 10 days to find an alternate payment processing platform. But Jones says PayPal is just biased...
PayPal Pulling Plug
on Alex Jones' InfoWars
Sep 21, 2018 4:46 PM CDT
PayPal Pulling Plug on Alex Jones' InfoWars
The site has 10 days to find an alternative payment platform
- Another day, another digital banishment for Alex Jones and InfoWars. This time, it's PayPal, which informed InfoWars of the ban on Thursday, saying the site violated "acceptable use policy" by promoting "hate," The Verge reports. Among other digital platforms that have recently banned Jones—infamous for...
Alex Jones, InfoWars Banned
From Twitter Permanently
Sep 6, 2018 5:08 PM CDT
Alex Jones, InfoWars Banned From Twitter Permanently
Due to abusive behavior, the company says
- Twitter has again suspended Alex Jones of InfoWars infamy. And this time it's permanent, CNN reports. "We took this action based on new reports of tweets and videos posted yesterday that violate our abusive behavior police, in addition to the accounts' past violations," Twitter tweeted on Thursday...
Alex Jones, Marco Rubio
Get Into It Outside Hearing
Sep 5, 2018 12:45 PM CDT
Alex Jones, Marco Rubio Get Into It Outside Hearing
InfoWars host approached Rubio as he spoke with reporters
- The biggest stars of Wednesday's Senate Intelligence Committee hearing seem to be an empty chair and Alex Jones of InfoWars. The former was reserved for Google's leadership, which unlike Twitter and Facebook was a no-show. The latter got into it with Sen. Marco Rubio outside the hearing, which...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
One of America's Best-Paid CEOs Abruptly Steps Down
Gross Details Air in Boston College Hazing Case
Missing Toddler Found in Woods With 2 Furry Protectors
Democratic Senator Indicted on Bribery Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.