Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump Budget Calls for
Big Changes to Student Aid
May 23, 2017 1:54 AM CDT
Trump Budget Calls for Big Changes to Student Aid
Document sets out plan to end subsidies
- The Trump administration is proposing to eliminate subsidized student loans and end student debt forgiveness for those who enter public service, according to a budget document released late Monday. The proposals are likely to face criticism amid calls to make college more affordable and as millions are struggling to pay...
Tougher 'Able-Bodied' Work
Rules Expected for Benefits
May 22, 2017 9:45 AM CDT
Tougher 'Able-Bodied' Work Rules Expected for Benefits
Trump budget calls for cuts in food stamps, Medicaid
- President Trump unveils his first detailed budget plan on Tuesday, and word leaking out in advance suggests he wants big cuts for Medicaid and food stamps. The
reports that Trump's budget slashes Medicaid by $800 billion over 10 years, meaning he's on board with the House...
Even GOP Lawmakers Say
Trump Budget Has No Chance
Mar 17, 2017 4:44 AM CDT
Even GOP Lawmakers Say Trump Budget Has No Chance
Cuts labeled 'draconian, careless'
- President Trump's first budget proposal appears to have little chance of getting past the people who actually control federal spending. The sweeping spending cutbacks were denounced as extreme Thursday even by Trump's Republican allies in Congress. The cuts to domestic programs are "draconian, careless, and counterproductive,"...
Trump Budget Gives His
Base Just What He Promised
Mar 16, 2017 6:46 AM CDT
Trump Budget Gives His Base Just What He Promised
EPA is hardest-hit agency
- President Trump's first budget proposal was officially unveiled Thursday morning—and it delivers exactly what he promised. The proposal—titled "America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again"—contains cuts that the
says could be the biggest reduction in federal programs since the...
Popular on Newser
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
Forecasters Warn of Generational Cold
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
As They Boated on Sept. 11, This Happened
Police: Actually, No Evidence We Headed Off Mass Shooting
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.