Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lawsuit Aims to
'Decimate' Hate Group
Aug 8, 2023 2:35 PM CDT
Lawsuit Aims to 'Decimate' Hate Group
Black man says he was attacked by Patriot Front members in Boston last year
- A Black teacher and musician who says members of a white nationalist hate group punched, kicked, and beat him with metal shields during a march through Boston last year sued the organization on Tuesday. Charles Murrell III, of Boston, was in the area of the Boston Public Library to play...
6 Years Later, Charlottesville
Charges Tiki Torch Marchers
Apr 19, 2023 6:46 AM CDT
6 Years Later, Charlottesville Charges Tiki Torch Marchers
Previous official had declined to pursue charges, but new one did
- Almost six years after the white nationalist demonstration at the University of Virginia, which was followed the next day by the deadly "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, multiple attendees of the UVa demonstration have been charged. Robert Tracci, the former commonwealth attorney for Albemarle County, had declined to...
31 Patriot Front
Near Pride Event
Jun 12, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
31 Patriot Front Members Arrested Near Pride Event
Members of white supremacist group intended to riot, authorities say
- Authorities arrested 31 members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front near an Idaho pride event Saturday after they were found packed into the back of a U-Haul truck with riot gear, the AP reports. The men were standing inside the truck wearing khakis, navy blue shirts and beige hats...
Mar 1, 2022 7:28 AM CST
McCarthy, McConnell Slam Fellow GOPers Over America First Event
'Unacceptable,' McCarthy said of Gosar, Taylor Greene's appearances at white nationalist forum
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has already received a slap on the wrist from the chairwoman of the RNC for her appearance Friday at a white nationalist conference. Now, the Georgia congresswoman—and fellow GOPer Rep. Paul Gosar, of Arizona, who appeared virtually at the America First Political Action Conference—are on...
Greene Hears From McDaniel
About America First Speech
Feb 27, 2022 11:20 AM CST
Greene Hears From McDaniel About America First Speech
White nationalist group broke into chants of 'Putin,' whom Republican later denounced
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene received applause when she spoke Saturday to an organization of white nationalists in Florida—a group that also cheered Vladimir Putin. But others, including the head of the Republican National Committee, were less impressed with her appearance Friday night before the America First Political Action Conference,...
Recovering $25M From
Neo-Nazis Could Be a Problem
Nov 25, 2021 8:51 AM CST
Recovering $25M From Neo-Nazis Could Be a Problem
Those not in jail or in hiding say they're broke
- A jury awarded more than $25 million this week to people who sued white nationalists over 2017's deadly Unite the Right rally in Virginia—but it's not clear how much of it plaintiffs' lawyers will be able to recover. Three of the five far-right groups named as defendants...
White Nationalist Insignias
Deface Arthur Ashe Mural
Oct 21, 2021 7:35 PM CDT
White Nationalist Insignias Deface Arthur Ashe Mural
Richmond, whose racial atmosphere drove the tennis great away, plans to restore tribute
- Arthur Ashe moved away from his Virginia hometown as a teenager, weary of the racial segregation that extended to the city's tennis courts. "I left all that Richmond stood for at the time—its segregation, its conservatism, its parochial thinking, its slow progress toward equality, its lack of...
'Baked Alaska' Wants
GPS Monitor Removed
Mar 26, 2021 12:18 PM CDT
'Baked Alaska' Wants GPS Monitor Removed
Attorney for 'Baked Alaska' tells judge his client isn't a flight risk
- Anthime Gionet's apparent livestreaming of the Capitol attack on Jan. 6 may have helped authorities nab multiple other participants in the riot, and he himself was arrested on Jan. 15 and charged with knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, violent entry, and...
Off for Good
Jul 31, 2020 2:10 PM CDT
Twitter Kicks David Duke Off for Good
Ex-KKK leader kicked off social media platform for violating rules on 'hateful conduct'
- David Duke has lost one of his big communications platforms: The 70-year-old white supremacist and ex-Ku Klux Klan leader has been banned from Twitter for good, the AP reports. Duke was "permanently suspended for repeated violations of the Twitter rules on hateful conduct," the social media platform said...
Ominous Tweet Tied to White
Nationalists, Not Antifa
Jun 2, 2020 11:59 AM CDT
Ominous Tweet Tied to White Nationalists, Not Antifa
Twitter suspends account that posted message hinting of more violence to come
- As if tensions weren't high enough with the George Floyd protests taking place across America, an ominous message circulated Sunday night that seemed to hint at more violence to come—and it appeared to be linked to antifa . "Tonight's the night, Comrades," the @ANTIFA_US account said...
Had an Early
Feb 29, 2020 11:00 AM CST
The 'Anti-Greta' Had an Early Inspiration— Which Makes Him News
Naomi Seibt's support for Stefan Molyneux draws media attention
- Naomi Seibt is news again, and not for her campaign against climate science. The teenage German YouTuber, dubbed the "anti-Greta," expressed support Friday for an alt-right commentator who's drawn a searing critique from the Southern Poverty Law Center, the
reports. "I'm still a...
2 Died After
Trying to Stop
Now, a Verdict
Feb 22, 2020 5:30 AM CST
2 Died After Trying to Stop His Slurs. Now, a Verdict
Jeremy Christian convicted of murdering 2 men who tried to stop his 2017 tirade on an Ore. train
- A man accused of fatally stabbing two people who prosecutors say tried to stop his racist tirade against two young black women on a Portland, Ore., commuter train was convicted of murder Friday after an emotional trial that featured testimony from both women and the sole survivor of the attack...
'Crying Nazi' Accused of
Sending Threatening Text
Jan 24, 2020 11:33 AM CST
'Crying Nazi' Accused of Sending Threatening Text
White nationalist Christopher Cantwell is being held without bond in New Hampshire
- Christopher Cantwell made a name for himself by popping up in a Vice documentary shot at Charlottesville's violent 2017 Unite the Right rally, followed by getting blocked on Facebook, Instagram, and PayPal. Then things got worse for the white nationalist when he posted a tearful YouTube video in which...
Unite the Right
Jan 2, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Inspiration for Unite the Right Rally Charged With Kidnapping
Augustus Invictus also charged with domestic violence in SC
- A white nationalist who inspired the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., is facing numerous charges, including kidnapping. Augustus Invictus, 36, was arrested Monday at a mall in Florida, where Brevard County Sheriff's deputies had been surveilling him since Christmas Day, per CBS News . They'd initially...
Stephen Miller Under Fire
Over Leaked Emails
Nov 13, 2019 9:45 AM CST
Stephen Miller Under Fire Over Leaked Emails
Southern Poverty Law Center accuses him of pushing white nationalist narrative
- Stephen Miller is weathering the biggest controversy of his tenure as a top adviser to President Trump, thanks to a stash of leaked emails he sent to a reporter for Breitbart News in the runup to the 2016 election. Hatewatch , affiliated with the Southern Poverty Law Center, has begun a...
Nov 6, 2019 2:32 PM CST
He Took Control of Neo-Nazi Group, Died Months Later
Black activist James Stern was 55
- Earlier this year James Stern, a black California pastor and activist, "outsmarted" a neo-Nazi group, became its director and president , and ultimately planned to "destroy it." But Stern died before that happened, CNN reports. Stern's attorney and a friend say the 55-year-old died at home, where...
Scary Post Puts
Aug 18, 2019 5:00 PM CDT
Scary Post Puts White Nationalist Behind Bars
James Patrick Reardon was arrested Saturday in Ohio
- Police arrested a 20-year-old white man Saturday over an Instagram post suggesting he was about to shoot up a Jewish community center, CNN reports. James Patrick Reardon was booked in Ohio after weeks of worry over his plans. On July 11, he posted an Instagram video of a man shooting...
Tucker Carlson's Job Looks
Safe Amid New Controversy
Aug 9, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
Tucker Carlson's Job Looks Safe Amid New Controversy
Fox host made controversial comments on white supremacy before leaving for vacation
- Fox News' Tucker Carlson is once again in the hot seat over controversial comments, and Carlson is now on vacation until Aug. 19 as critics ramp up calls for an advertiser boycott. The latest flap is Carlson's assertion, in the wake of the El Paso mass shooting , that white...
Tucker Carlson Calls
White Supremacy a 'Hoax'
Aug 8, 2019 1:28 AM CDT
Tucker Carlson Calls White Supremacy a 'Hoax'
He's right, says former KKK leader
- Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson faced criticism Wednesday for declaring white supremacy "a hoax," the same day President Trump visited El Paso, Texas, after a white gunman who had written an anti-Hispanic rant killed 22 people. Carlson's remarks Tuesday came with the nation rubbed raw by...
White Nationalist Who Killed
Heather Heyer Sentenced
Jul 15, 2019 1:07 PM CDT
White Nationalist Who Killed Heather Heyer Sentenced
James Alex Fields gets life plus 419 years on state charges
- A man convicted of federal hate crime charges for deliberately slamming his car into a crowd of anti-racism protesters during a white nationalist rally in Virginia has been sentenced to life in prison on state charges, the AP reports. James Alex Fields Jr. , 22, was sentenced Monday to life plus...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Surfer Hit the Water, Heard 'Crunch, Crunch, Crunch'
'Like Living in a Horror Film' After Minks Escape From Farm
Fetterman Takes On Senate Dress-Code Fury With Boebert Jab
One Republican Comes to Garland's Defense in Hearing
Amazon Driver Dropped the Box. The Snake Struck
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.