Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Quickly Disses
Panel's New Star Witness
Jun 28, 2022 2:19 PM CDT
Trump Quickly Disses Panel's New Star Witness
Former president calls Cassidy Hutchinson 'bad news'
- Former President Trump fired back at Tuesday's main witness in the Jan. 6 hearings even before Cassidy Hutchinson had finished her testimony. In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump criticized the former aide to chief of staff Mark Meadows, reports CNBC .
"I hardly know who this
Trump Reportedly Lunged
for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
Jun 28, 2022 1:46 PM CDT
Trump Reportedly Lunged for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
Cassidy Hutchinson says then-president was angry he was prevented from going to Capitol
- Former President Trump didn't go to the Capitol on Jan. 6 with his supporters, and Cassidy Hutchinson testified she was told Trump was so angry about being prevented from doing so that he lunged for the steering wheel of his limousine, reports the
New York Times
. Hutchinson, a top...
Jan. 6 Hearing: 'I Don't ...
Care That They Have Weapons'
Jun 28, 2022 1:10 PM CDT
Jan. 6 Hearing: 'I Don't ... Care That They Have Weapons'
Witness says Trump objected to metal detectors for his supporters on Jan. 6
- Witness Cassidy Hutchinson told the Jan. 6 panel Tuesday that former President Trump and chief of staff Mark Meadows—her boss—were informed that protesters gathering in DC on Jan. 6, 2021, were armed. However, both appeared to be unconcerned about it, she said. In fact, she said Trump was...
Jun 24, 2022 2:16 PM CDT
Biden Responds to Court's 'Tragic Error'
The fight over abortion rights isn't over yet, president says
- "It's a sad day for the court and for the country," President Biden told the nation Friday after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. With about half of the states moving toward nearly complete bans on abortions, "the health and life of women in this...
DOJ Officials Threatened
Mass Resignations: Testimony
Jun 23, 2022 7:30 PM CDT
DOJ Officials Threatened Mass Resignations: Testimony
Trump wanted to install an acting attorney general who'd investigate election
- Justice Department officials told the Jan. 6 committee Thursday of President Trump's efforts to enlist them in overthrowing the results of the 2020 presidential election in his last weeks in office, including a plan to install an election denier atop the agency and pressure them to declare the vote...
Ahead of Jan. 6 Hearing,
a Raid on Official's Home
Jun 23, 2022 1:58 PM CDT
Ahead of Jan. 6 Hearing, a Raid on Official's Home
Agents search residence of Trump-era DOJ attorney Jeffrey Clark
- The Jan. 6 panel has another hearing Thursday afternoon, this time focusing on how former President Trump implored his Justice Department to declare the 2020 election results invalid. However, the most dramatic related development might have already occurred: Federal agents searched the Virginia home of Trump-era Justice official Jeffrey Clark...
Cheney Lays Blame
Directly on Trump
Jun 21, 2022 12:47 PM CDT
Cheney Lays Blame Directly on Trump
Vice chair of Jan. 6 panel says he had 'personal role' in exerting pressure on state election officials
- The focus of Tuesday's Jan. 6 hearing is on the pressure applied by the White House on various state officials to reject the 2020 election results. But in her opening statements, vice chair Liz Cheney made clear the panel places much of the blame for that pressure on the...
of Jan. 6 Panel
Jun 21, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Little-Known Film Project Gets Attention of Jan. 6 Panel
House committee subpoenas filmmaker who had inner-circle access to Trump, shot footage of riot
- The House Jan. 6 panel gavels back into session on Tuesday afternoon, with the focus expected to be on efforts by former President Trump and his allies to pressure state officials to reject election results, reports NBC News . But Politico is reporting an intriguing new wrinkle expected to be sussed...
New Theme Emerges in Jan. 6
Hearings: 'Team Normal'
Jun 14, 2022 6:40 AM CDT
New Theme Emerges in Jan. 6 Hearings: 'Team Normal'
Campaign manager Bill Stepien says this team counseled Trump to avoid the fraud strategy
- Day Two of the Jan. 6 hearings is in the books, and former President Trump considers the proceedings a "Kangaroo Court." Here's a look at other assessments and takeaways the morning after:
The House panel on Tuesday brought forth witness after witness who said they
Former Fox Editor Defends
Controversial Call for Biden
Jun 13, 2022 12:04 PM CDT
Former Fox Editor Defends Controversial Call for Biden
Chris Stirewalt led team that called pivotal Arizona for Biden, angering Trump
- His is not a household name, but Chris Stirewalt made big waves on election night in 2020 in his role as a political editor for Fox News. On Day Two of a House panel's Jan. 6 hearings, Stirewalt testified Monday about his team's decision to call Arizona for...
'Apparently Inebriated' Giuliani
Gave Election-Night Advice
Jun 13, 2022 10:49 AM CDT
'Apparently Inebriated' Giuliani Gave Election-Night Advice
And Trump accepted it, alleges Liz Cheney as Jan. 6 hearings resume
(Updated: This summary has been updated to include the comments of Jason Miller.)
As Day Two of the Jan. 6 hearings began, Vice Chair Liz Cheney made a surprising statement about Rudy Giuliani that caught the attention of many on social media, as in this tweet from Steve Inskeep...
Day's Main Witness
Pulls Out of Jan. 6 Hearing
Jun 13, 2022 9:12 AM CDT
Day's Main Witness Pulls Out of Jan. 6 Hearing
Former Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien cites a family emergency
- The second in a series of public hearings by a House panel into the Capitol riot begins Monday morning, but there's been an expected wrinkle. The day's star witness—Bill Stepien, the final Trump campaign manager of 2020—is a no-show. Stepien pulled out at the last minute,...
What to Expect as
Jan. 6 Hearings Resume
Jun 13, 2022 6:35 AM CDT
What to Expect as Jan. 6 Hearings Resume
House panel to question Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien about fraud claims
- The House's Jan. 6 panel opens day 2 of its hearings on Monday, and the focus will be on former President Trump's claims of widespread election fraud, or what he calls the Big Lie. The committee will try to make the case that Trump's Big Lie is...
of Voter Fraud
Jun 11, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
Pence's Legal Team Rebuffed Trump's Claims of Voter Fraud
According to Jan. 1, 2021, memo from former VP's legal team obtained by Politico
- Relations have seemed, well, strained between former President Donald Trump and Mike Pence, who served as his vice president, ever since Pence refused to go along with Trump's plan to block the certification of the 2020 election results on Jan. 6, 2021. Now, perhaps some more context behind that...
Air Force One Won't Have
Trump's Color Scheme
Jun 10, 2022 1:50 PM CDT
Air Force One Won't Have Trump's Color Scheme
Replacement aircraft to stick with past design
- President Biden's administration has scrapped former President Trump's red, white and blue design for the new generation of presidential aircraft after an Air Force review suggested it would raise costs and delay the delivery of the new jets. Boeing is currently modifying two Boeing 747-800 aircraft that will...
Jared Kushner on Election
Night: 'We're Moving to Miami'
Jun 8, 2022 3:29 PM CDT
Jared Kushner on Election Night: 'We're Moving to Miami'
Neither he nor Ivanka believed claims of stolen election, reports the 'New York Times'
- Books offering new details about the actions of the Trump family in the wake of the 2020 election keep coming, and the latest nugget focuses on Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. In the
New York Times
, Peter Baker reports that neither believed Donald Trump's claims about a stolen election,...
Conway Spills on George,
Kushner, Trump in New Book
May 23, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
Conway Spills on George, Kushner, Trump in New Book
'America will survive. George and I may not,' ex-WH counsel writes in 'Here's the Deal,' out Tuesday
- Kellyanne Conway has a new book coming out this week, and one of the people she goes after most is the one she lives with. "I had two men in my life," Conway writes in
Here's the Deal
, due out from Simon and Schuster on Tuesday, per...
Was on Call on
How to Contest
May 21, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
Sean Hannity, Lindsey Graham also said to be on call with ex-Oracle CEO Larry Ellison
- Larry Ellison recently popped up on
"10 Richest People in the World" list, but that's not why he's making headlines this week. The
is reporting on a "previously unknown dimension" of the efforts to contest former President Trump's loss in the 2020...
Report Blames Afghan Collapse
on Trump, Biden Decisions
May 18, 2022 4:40 PM CDT
Report Blames Afghan Collapse on Trump, Biden Decisions
US plans to withdraw damaged local forces' morale, report contends
- A government watchdog says decisions by Presidents Trump and Biden to pull all US troops out of Afghanistan were the key factors in the collapse of that nation's military. The new report by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction mirrors assertions made by senior Pentagon and military leaders...
Esper Writes of
May 2, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Ex-DOD Chief Esper Writes of 'Surreal' Incident With Trump
Former defense secretary writes in memoir that Trump wanted to shoot George Floyd protesters
- Mark Esper was fired as defense secretary by then-President Trump shortly after the 2020 election. But while Esper's stint heading up the Pentagon was short—he'd been sworn in during the summer of 2019—he was still witness to some notable events in his time under No. 45,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
46 Found Dead in 18-Wheeler in San Antonio
Trump Reportedly Lunged for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
After Going Dark in 2020, 'Q' of QAnon Is Back
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.