Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump, Kim Jong Un
Might Still Be in Touch
Sep 28, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Trump, Kim Jong Un Might Still Be in Touch
Book reveals Trump's casual racism, apparently ongoing relationship with North Korean leader
- We already know Maggie Haberman's upcoming book on President Trump claims he vowed not to leave the White House and clogged toilets trying to flush away papers . Now new revelations are flooding out ahead of Tuesday's release of
Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking
NY Attorney General Sues
Trump, His Kids, His Company
Sep 21, 2022 10:49 AM CDT
NY Attorney General Sues Trump, His Kids, His Company
Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit is culmination of 3-year civil investigation
- New York's attorney general sued former President Trump and his company on Wednesday, alleging business fraud involving some of their most prized assets, including properties in Manhattan, Chicago, and Washington, DC. Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit , filed in state court in New York, is the culmination of the Democrat'...
Not to Leave
Sep 12, 2022 12:03 PM CDT
Haberman: Trump Vowed Not to Leave White House
Her book quotes him as saying, 'How can you leave when you won an election?'
New York Times
reporter and frequent Trump foil Maggie Haberman has a book coming out about the former president next month, and CNN has revealed some new details. Haberman writes that while Trump seemed to accept his loss to Joe Biden in the immediate aftermath of the election, his tone...
Sources: Some Papers
Seized at Mar-a-Lago
Were Beyond Top Secret
Sep 7, 2022 6:55 AM CDT
Sources: Some Papers Seized at Mar-a-Lago Were Beyond Top Secret
Sources say at least one describes nuclear capabilities of a foreign government
- The FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago last month recovered a document describing the military defenses—including nuclear capabilities—of a foreign government, according to sources who spoke to the
. The sources did not name the government. The
previously reported that agents were specifically looking for documents related to...
US Ambassador Is Out of Russia
Sep 4, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
US Ambassador Is Out of Russia
John Sullivan plans to retire, embassy announces, though there'd been no hint of that
- The US needs a new ambassador to Russia. John Sullivan left Moscow on Sunday and plans to retire, the US Embassy announced, saying he has "concluded his tenure as US envoy." Appointed by former President Donald Trump, Sullivan held the job for nearly three years. During his tenure,...
No Punches in
First Rally Since
Sep 4, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Trump Pulls No Punches in First Rally Since FBI Raid
He calls President Biden an 'enemy of the state'
- On Saturday former President Trump appeared at a rally for the first time since FBI agents descended on Mar-a-Lago, and the
New York Times
reports he gave an "aggrieved and combative speech." He was in Wilkes-Barre Township, Pennsylvania, and spoke two days after President Biden called him out...
After Surprise Trump Search,
Many Questions, Few Answers
Aug 9, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
After Surprise Trump Search, Many Questions, Few Answers
It's called 'one of the most significant, sensitive, and politically explosive actions' by FBI and DOJ
- The word "bombshell" is being thrown around a lot in coverage to describe the FBI search on former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on Monday. Son Eric Trump confirmed to Sean Hannity on Fox Monday night that agents were looking for confidential documents his father might still...
Trump: FBI Has Raided
'My Beautiful Home'
Aug 8, 2022 7:30 PM CDT
Trump: FBI Has Raided 'My Beautiful Home'
Agents apparently are looking for classified documents that weren't supposed to be taken there
- Former President Trump said Monday that the FBI was searching his estate in Florida. Trump, who dismissed the raid as "political persecution," was not in Florida at the time. "My beautiful home Mar A Lago in Palm Beach, Florida is currently under siege, raided and occupied by...
Top US General Vowed
to Fight Trump 'From the Inside'
Aug 8, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Top US General Vowed to Fight Trump 'From the Inside'
Book excerpt reveals displeasure of Mark Milley, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff
- The books about the presidency of Donald Trump continue to roll out, and an excerpt from an upcoming one details the tension between Trump and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Milley got so fed up with Trump that he wrote a letter of resignation before...
Orban Tells CPAC:
'We Must Take Back'
US, EU Institutions
Aug 4, 2022 7:35 PM CDT
Orban Tells CPAC: 'We Must Take Back' US, EU Institutions
Midterms and 2024 election are battles for civilization, Hungarian leader says
- The prime minister of Hungary, an authoritarian ruler who has echoed Nazi rhetoric in trying to bring down liberal democracy, issued a call to like-minded Americans on Thursday to join his fight. In a speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas, Viktor Orbán said, "We must...
Report: DOJ Prosecutors
Now Asking About Trump
Jul 27, 2022 10:02 AM CDT
Report: DOJ Prosecutors Now Asking About Trump
'Washington Post' sources say witnesses before grand jury fielding questions on Trump's moves
- The Justice Department's ongoing criminal probe into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election has a new apparent line of focus, at least according to four
sources: former President Trump. Some of those sources tell the
that while questioning witnesses before a federal grand...
Bannon Warns Jan. 6 Panel
Jul 23, 2022 1:25 PM CDT
Bannon Warns Jan. 6 Panel
Convicted Trump ally says Republicans will investigate the Democratic investigators
- After being found guilty of contempt of Congress on Friday, Steve Bannon went on Fox News to put Democratic lawmakers on notice of future retaliation. "We have to have a real Jan. 6 committee," Bannon told host Tucker Carlson, speaking of a Republican return to control of Congress....
Steve Bannon Guilty
of Contempt of Congress
Jul 22, 2022 2:27 PM CDT
Steve Bannon Guilty of Contempt of Congress
He defied a subpoena from the Jan. 6 House committee
- A federal jury convicted longtime Donald Trump ally Steve Bannon of contempt of Congress on Friday, reports the AP . The jury deliberated for just under three hours in finding Bannon guilty of defying a subpoena last fall from the Jan. 6 House panel. He was found guilty of two counts—...
Trump's White House Counsel:
My Pleas Went Unheeded
Jul 21, 2022 8:16 PM CDT
Trump's White House Counsel: My Pleas Went Unheeded
Pat Cipollone says he pushed on Jan. 6 for the president to address rioters early
- In making the case that then-President Trump ignored the pleas of top aides to intervene in the riot, the Jan. 6 panel played testimony from former White House counsel Pat Cipollone, notes the Hill .
“I think I was pretty clear there needed to be an immediate and forceful response,
Kinzinger: Trump Didn't 'Fail'
to Act, He 'Chose' Not to Do So
Jul 21, 2022 7:48 PM CDT
Kinzinger: Trump Didn't 'Fail' to Act, He 'Chose' Not to Do So
Jan. 6 House panel begins prime-time hearing
- In her introduction to Thursday's prime-time hearing of the Jan. 6 House panel, Democratic Rep. Elaine Luria of Virginia laid out the main theme: Former President Trump, she said, sat in the White House and watched the riot unfold on television while ignoring the pleas of aides and family...
'This Will Not
Jul 20, 2022 2:36 PM CDT
Trump Attends Ivana's Funeral: 'This Will Not Be Easy!!!'
Former president took to Truth Social before joining his eldest kids in NYC
- Former President Donald Trump paid respects to his first wife, Ivana Trump, joining their three children Wednesday at a funeral Mass for the 1980s style icon and businesswoman who helped him build an empire that launched him to the presidency. "A very sad day, but at the same time...
2 Trump Aides
After Jan. 6
Jul 19, 2022 7:46 AM CDT
2 Trump Aides Who Resigned After Jan. 6 Expected at Next Hearing
Sources: Ex-NSC official Matthew Pottinger, ex-deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews to testify
- An ex-National Security Council official and former White House comms official who served under former President Trump—both of whom resigned shortly after the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol—are said to be on the docket for Thursday's hearing on the matter. Sources tell CNN that Matthew...
It's a Big Day
for Steve Bannon
Jul 18, 2022 7:52 AM CDT
It's a Big Day for Steve Bannon
Jury selection is scheduled to begin in his rare contempt of Congress case
- Steve Bannon's big day in court is still on track to begin Monday, though the possibility of a last-minute plea remains very much on the table. Coverage:
Bannon faces rare contempt of Congress charges for failing to appear before the Jan. 6 House panel last fall despite being
Jul 16, 2022 2:50 PM CDT
Rapper Trump Spared Faces New Charges
Kodak Black, whose prison sentence was commuted, arrested on drug trafficking, possession counts
- Kodak Black, a rapper whose prison sentence was commuted by former President Donald Trump, has been arrested in Florida on drug possession and trafficking charges. The Highway Patrol said the artist, whose legal name is Bill Kapri, was pulled over Friday in Fort Lauderdale on suspicion of having windows tinted...
Is Made Up
Jul 14, 2022 1:02 PM CDT
Trump: My Mind Is Made Up About 2024
Former president says his 'big decision' is whether to announce before or after midterms
- So will Donald Trump run for president in 2024? Two stories out Thursday suggest it's a
safe bet that he will. The one getting the most attention is in
, in which Trump talks to Olivia Nuzzi about the contest.
Initially, Trump couches his words, saying,
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
A $1.2B Ship Was Destroyed. Now, a Sailor Hears His Fate
A Daughter Changes Her Mind About Zodiac Killer's Identity
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.