Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Open to Trump
Jan 12, 2023 4:10 PM CST
McCarthy: I'm Open to Trump Expungements
New speaker says it's not a priority, but he'd consider clearing impeachment record
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who once said Donald Trump "bears responsibility" for the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, said Thursday he'd consider pursuing expungement of impeachment from the former president's record. Republican House members have introduced resolutions in the past calling for expungement—before the party...
Amid Brazil Riot, Bannon
Cheers 'Freedom Fighters'
Jan 9, 2023 6:32 AM CST
Amid Brazil Riot, Bannon Cheers 'Freedom Fighters'
Hundreds arrested after supporters of losing President Bolsonaro storm the capital
- Authorities in Brazil have reclaimed control of the nation's seat of power after supporters of former President Jair Bolsonaro rioted in the capital Brasilia on Sunday. Estimates of the number of arrested range between 200 and 400 in news coverage:
Thousands stormed the nation's Congress, its
Fauci: Trump's White House
Did Oppo Research on Me
Dec 16, 2022 7:21 AM CST
Fauci: Trump's White House Did Oppo Research on Me
Doctor tells David Axelrod he faced 'outright hostility' from that administration over COVID
- Dr. Anthony Fauci has become an unwilling headline-maker once again after being targeted earlier this week by Twitter owner Elon Musk, whom Fauci said he generally tries to ignore. "I don't respond to him," Fauci told CNN commentator David Axelrod in a snippet of a podcast aired...
Navy SEAL Who
Is Now Detransitioning
Dec 12, 2022 2:50 AM CST
Navy SEAL Who Famously Transitioned Is Now Detransitioning
Chris Beck says transitioning to female 'destroyed my life'
- Chris Beck, the former Navy SEAL who gained notoriety after coming out as transgender after leaving the military , is detransitioning. Beck, who was born Chris but lived as Kristin after coming out as trans, is now back to his birth name and tells conservative influencer Robby Starbuck that while he...
E. Jean Carroll Sues Trump
Minutes After New Law Kicks In
Nov 24, 2022 5:27 AM CST
E. Jean Carroll Sues Trump Minutes After New Law Kicks In
The Adult Survivor’s Act temporarily lifted the state's usual deadlines
- A writer who accused former President Trump of rape filed an upgraded lawsuit against him Thursday in New York, minutes after a new state law took effect allowing victims of sexual violence to sue over attacks that occurred decades ago. E. Jean Carroll’s lawyer filed the legal papers electronically...
3 Presidents Rally Pennsylvania
Nov 5, 2022 5:55 PM CDT
3 Presidents Rally Pennsylvania
Biden, Trump, Obama make push before Tuesday's elections
- One current and two former US presidents campaigned in Pennsylvania on Saturday, reflecting the importance both parties place on the election there Tuesday. President Biden and former President Barack Obama appeared together and separately at rallies for the Democratic slate, including Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the Senate nominee, and Attorney...
Lawyer: Trump Was 'Pleased
to Set Record Straight'
Oct 20, 2022 12:46 AM CDT
Lawyer: Trump Was 'Pleased to Set Record Straight'
He answered questions under oath in deposition lawsuit
: Former President Trump sat for a deposition Wednesday in the defamation lawsuit brought by writer E. Jean Carroll. The deposition was taken at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, CNN reports. Lawyers representing Carroll, who accuses Trump of raping her in a New York City department store in the...
Biden Returns to Trump Policy
to Deny Venezuelans Asylum
Oct 16, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Biden Returns to Trump Policy to Deny Venezuelans Asylum
Administration has been critical of GOP treatment of arrivals
- Two years ago, candidate Joe Biden loudly denounced President Donald Trump for immigration policies that inflicted "cruelty and exclusion at every turn," including toward those fleeing the "brutal" government of socialist Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela. Now, with increasing numbers of Venezuelans arriving at the US-Mexico border as...
What Could Be the
Last Jan. 6 Hearing
Oct 14, 2022 8:03 AM CDT
Takeaways From What Could Be the Last Jan. 6 Hearing
Question of criminal referral was left unresolved
- The ninth and probably last public hearing from the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack ended Thursday with a vote to subpoena former President Trump. Earlier, the panel presented more evidence that advisers had urged Trump to declare victory on Election Day in 2020 whether he had won or...
Trump, Kim Jong Un
Might Still Be in Touch
Sep 28, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Trump, Kim Jong Un Might Still Be in Touch
Book reveals Trump's casual racism, apparently ongoing relationship with North Korean leader
- We already know Maggie Haberman's upcoming book on President Trump claims he vowed not to leave the White House and clogged toilets trying to flush away papers . Now new revelations are flooding out ahead of Tuesday's release of
Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking
NY Attorney General Sues
Trump, His Kids, His Company
Sep 21, 2022 10:49 AM CDT
NY Attorney General Sues Trump, His Kids, His Company
Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit is culmination of 3-year civil investigation
- New York's attorney general sued former President Trump and his company on Wednesday, alleging business fraud involving some of their most prized assets, including properties in Manhattan, Chicago, and Washington, DC. Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit , filed in state court in New York, is the culmination of the Democrat'...
Not to Leave
Sep 12, 2022 12:03 PM CDT
Haberman: Trump Vowed Not to Leave White House
Her book quotes him as saying, 'How can you leave when you won an election?'
New York Times
reporter and frequent Trump foil Maggie Haberman has a book coming out about the former president next month, and CNN has revealed some new details. Haberman writes that while Trump seemed to accept his loss to Joe Biden in the immediate aftermath of the election, his tone...
Sources: Some Papers
Seized at Mar-a-Lago
Were Beyond Top Secret
Sep 7, 2022 6:55 AM CDT
Sources: Some Papers Seized at Mar-a-Lago Were Beyond Top Secret
Sources say at least one describes nuclear capabilities of a foreign government
- The FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago last month recovered a document describing the military defenses—including nuclear capabilities—of a foreign government, according to sources who spoke to the
. The sources did not name the government. The
previously reported that agents were specifically looking for documents related to...
US Ambassador Is Out of Russia
Sep 4, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
US Ambassador Is Out of Russia
John Sullivan plans to retire, embassy announces, though there'd been no hint of that
- The US needs a new ambassador to Russia. John Sullivan left Moscow on Sunday and plans to retire, the US Embassy announced, saying he has "concluded his tenure as US envoy." Appointed by former President Donald Trump, Sullivan held the job for nearly three years. During his tenure,...
No Punches in
First Rally Since
Sep 4, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Trump Pulls No Punches in First Rally Since FBI Raid
He calls President Biden an 'enemy of the state'
- On Saturday former President Trump appeared at a rally for the first time since FBI agents descended on Mar-a-Lago, and the
New York Times
reports he gave an "aggrieved and combative speech." He was in Wilkes-Barre Township, Pennsylvania, and spoke two days after President Biden called him out...
After Surprise Trump Search,
Many Questions, Few Answers
Aug 9, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
After Surprise Trump Search, Many Questions, Few Answers
It's called 'one of the most significant, sensitive, and politically explosive actions' by FBI and DOJ
- The word "bombshell" is being thrown around a lot in coverage to describe the FBI search on former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on Monday. Son Eric Trump confirmed to Sean Hannity on Fox Monday night that agents were looking for confidential documents his father might still...
Trump: FBI Has Raided
'My Beautiful Home'
Aug 8, 2022 7:30 PM CDT
Trump: FBI Has Raided 'My Beautiful Home'
Agents apparently are looking for classified documents that weren't supposed to be taken there
- Former President Trump said Monday that the FBI was searching his estate in Florida. Trump, who dismissed the raid as "political persecution," was not in Florida at the time. "My beautiful home Mar A Lago in Palm Beach, Florida is currently under siege, raided and occupied by...
Top US General Vowed
to Fight Trump 'From the Inside'
Aug 8, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Top US General Vowed to Fight Trump 'From the Inside'
Book excerpt reveals displeasure of Mark Milley, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff
- The books about the presidency of Donald Trump continue to roll out, and an excerpt from an upcoming one details the tension between Trump and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Milley got so fed up with Trump that he wrote a letter of resignation before...
Orban Tells CPAC:
'We Must Take Back'
US, EU Institutions
Aug 4, 2022 7:35 PM CDT
Orban Tells CPAC: 'We Must Take Back' US, EU Institutions
Midterms and 2024 election are battles for civilization, Hungarian leader says
- The prime minister of Hungary, an authoritarian ruler who has echoed Nazi rhetoric in trying to bring down liberal democracy, issued a call to like-minded Americans on Thursday to join his fight. In a speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas, Viktor Orbán said, "We must...
Report: DOJ Prosecutors
Now Asking About Trump
Jul 27, 2022 10:02 AM CDT
Report: DOJ Prosecutors Now Asking About Trump
'Washington Post' sources say witnesses before grand jury fielding questions on Trump's moves
- The Justice Department's ongoing criminal probe into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election has a new apparent line of focus, at least according to four
sources: former President Trump. Some of those sources tell the
that while questioning witnesses before a federal grand...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Five Fired Memphis Cops Are Charged With Murder
The Suspects in Calif. Shootings Are 'Particularly Stunning'
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Lawsuit: Woman, 97, Froze to Death in View of Facility's Security Cameras
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.