Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Police Make Arrest in Killing of Tupac Shakur in 1996
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Has Thoughts
on Iran Prisoner Swap
Sep 19, 2023 8:18 AM CDT
Trump Has Thoughts on Iran Prisoner Swap
Former president blasts 'absolutely ridiculous' deal as 5 freed Americans arrive home
- Americans detained for years in Iran arrived home Tuesday after being freed as part of a politically risky deal that saw President Biden agree to the release of nearly $6 billion in frozen Iranian assets, per the AP . The prisoners landed at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, with clapping and cheers heard...
NY AG: Judge Should Rule
Trump Committed Fraud Now
Aug 31, 2023 12:15 AM CDT
NY AG: Judge Should Rule Trump Committed Fraud Now
Letitia James is seeking a partial summary judgment in the case
- As he gears up for his criminal trials, former President Trump is set to first face a civil trial in New York on Oct. 2. But State Attorney General Letitia James on Wednesday argued in a court filing that Trump's fraud is so staggering a trial isn't even...
Federal Judge Sets
Trial Date for Trump
Aug 28, 2023 11:05 AM CDT
Federal Judge Sets Trial Date for Trump
March 4, 2024, the day before Super Tuesday
- A judge on Monday set a March 4, 2024, trial date for Donald Trump in the federal case in Washington charging the former president with trying to overturn the results of the 2020 election. The decision from US District Judge Tanya Chutkan denied a defense request to push the trial...
Judge Throws Out Trump Claim
That Carroll Defamed Him
Aug 7, 2023 3:38 PM CDT
Judge Throws Out Trump Claim That Carroll Defamed Him
Writer said on TV after trial that she was raped
- Donald Trump lost his latest challenge to a jury's $5 million verdict against him in a sexual battery and defamation case on Monday, when a judge rejected his claim that E. Jean Carroll defamed him after the trial ended. Trump's team argued that the writer defamed the former...
Trump Has a Trial Date
in Classified Documents Case
Jul 21, 2023 9:19 AM CDT
Trump Has a Trial Date in Classified Documents Case
Judge sets trial for May 2024
- A federal judge in Florida has scheduled a trial date for next May for former President Trump in a case charging him with illegally retaining hundreds of classified documents, reports the AP . The May 20, 2024, trial date, set Friday by US District Judge Aileen Cannon, is a compromise between...
Trump: Kids Not Coming
Back to DC With Me
Jun 20, 2023 11:32 AM CDT
Trump: Kids Not Coming Back to DC With Me
Says 'it's too painful for the family'
- If former President Trump takes the "former" out of his title next year, don't look for a Trump administration to be as much of a family affair as it was the first time around. In his interview with Fox News on Monday night, he addressed the subject of...
At Town Hall, Pence Slams
Trump's Putin Remarks
Jun 8, 2023 5:13 AM CDT
At Town Hall, Pence Slams Trump's Putin Remarks
'I know the difference between a genius and a war criminal'
- Mike Pence played up the achievements of what he calls the "Trump/Pence" administration at a CNN town hall on Wednesday night while also trying to draw a contrast between himself and his former boss. In what CNN describes as his "sharpest criticism" of Trump at the Iowa event,...
DeSantis Suggests Building
a Prison Next to Disney World
Apr 17, 2023 6:40 PM CDT
DeSantis Suggests Building a Prison Next to Disney World
Governor is stepping up feud with theme park
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, apparently hell-bent on showing Mickey Mouse who's boss, announced new measures Monday in his ongoing feud with Walt Disney World. The Republican governor said new legislation would block the company's attempt to circumvent control by a DeSantis-installed board. DeSantis said he also plans to...
Judge Denies Trump Request
to Delay Rape, Defamation Trial
Apr 14, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Judge Denies Trump Request to Delay Rape, Defamation Trial
Trial over E. Jean Carroll's allegations is slated to begin April 25
- So far, at least, former President Trump's rape and defamation civil trial is not being delayed. After lawyer Joe Tacopina requested a delay due to Trump's historic indictment, another Trump lawyer made a separate request for a delay—but a judge on Thursday rejected that one, CBS News...
En Route to Arraignment,
Trump Posts His Thoughts
Apr 4, 2023 12:50 PM CDT
En Route to Arraignment, Trump Posts His Thoughts
Former president's arraignment is scheduled for 2:15pm
- Former President Trump has surrendered ahead of his arraignment in court. He made a show of strength as he exited Trump Tower shortly after 1pm Tuesday to head to the Manhattan courthouse, pumping his fist and waving as he left the building, the AP reports. He entered the district...
Despite Promise, Biden Retains
Trump's Death Sentence Zeal
Mar 26, 2023 10:50 AM CDT
Despite Promise, Biden Retains Trump's Death Sentence Zeal
Defense lawyers say they see no change in direction from the Justice Department
- Rejon Taylor hoped the election of Joe Biden, the first US president to campaign on a pledge to end the death penalty, would mean a more sympathetic look at his claims that racial bias and other trial errors landed him on federal death row in Terre Haute, Indiana. But two...
Mar 12, 2023 7:50 AM CDT
Mike Pence Delivers Biggest Rebuke Yet to Trump
He calls Jan. 6 riot a 'disgrace' and says 'history will hold Donald Trump accountable'
- The annual Gridiron Dinner in DC is usually a lighthearted affair, with politicians testing their comedy chops in front of peers and journalists. Mike Pence did so on Saturday night, but he also turned serious and delivered what the AP and the
see as his strongest rebuke yet...
Mar 3, 2023 2:22 PM CST
Trump Hopes to Build 'Freedom Cities'
Politico reports he wants contestants to design futuristic locales to be built on federal land
- Former President Trump is about to roll out a new initiative with an on-theme slogan: "Freedom Cities." The idea is to stage a nationwide contest in which people design futuristic cities that would be built on federal land, reports Meredith McGraw of Politico . The outlet got an advance...
Trump Responds to
Rupert Murdoch's Testimony
Mar 1, 2023 4:26 AM CST
Trump Responds to Rupert Murdoch's Testimony
Not surprisingly, he isn't pleased about it
- Rupert Murdoch testified last month that some Fox News hosts endorsed former President Trump's false claims of fraud in the 2020 presidential election, and after the testimony was released Monday , you can bet Trump had something to say about it. In Truth Social posts cited by the BBC and...
Open to Trump
Jan 12, 2023 4:10 PM CST
McCarthy: I'm Open to Trump Expungements
New speaker says it's not a priority, but he'd consider clearing impeachment record
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who once said Donald Trump "bears responsibility" for the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, said Thursday he'd consider pursuing expungement of impeachment from the former president's record. Republican House members have introduced resolutions in the past calling for expungement—before the party...
Amid Brazil Riot, Bannon
Cheers 'Freedom Fighters'
Jan 9, 2023 6:32 AM CST
Amid Brazil Riot, Bannon Cheers 'Freedom Fighters'
Hundreds arrested after supporters of losing President Bolsonaro storm the capital
- Authorities in Brazil have reclaimed control of the nation's seat of power after supporters of former President Jair Bolsonaro rioted in the capital Brasilia on Sunday. Estimates of the number of arrested range between 200 and 400 in news coverage:
Thousands stormed the nation's Congress, its
Fauci: Trump's White House
Did Oppo Research on Me
Dec 16, 2022 7:21 AM CST
Fauci: Trump's White House Did Oppo Research on Me
Doctor tells David Axelrod he faced 'outright hostility' from that administration over COVID
- Dr. Anthony Fauci has become an unwilling headline-maker once again after being targeted earlier this week by Twitter owner Elon Musk, whom Fauci said he generally tries to ignore. "I don't respond to him," Fauci told CNN commentator David Axelrod in a snippet of a podcast aired...
Navy SEAL Who
Is Now Detransitioning
Dec 12, 2022 2:50 AM CST
Navy SEAL Who Famously Transitioned Is Now Detransitioning
Chris Beck says transitioning to female 'destroyed my life'
- Chris Beck, the former Navy SEAL who gained notoriety after coming out as transgender after leaving the military , is detransitioning. Beck, who was born Chris but lived as Kristin after coming out as trans, is now back to his birth name and tells conservative influencer Robby Starbuck that while he...
E. Jean Carroll Sues Trump
Minutes After New Law Kicks In
Nov 24, 2022 5:27 AM CST
E. Jean Carroll Sues Trump Minutes After New Law Kicks In
The Adult Survivor’s Act temporarily lifted the state's usual deadlines
- A writer who accused former President Trump of rape filed an upgraded lawsuit against him Thursday in New York, minutes after a new state law took effect allowing victims of sexual violence to sue over attacks that occurred decades ago. E. Jean Carroll’s lawyer filed the legal papers electronically...
3 Presidents Rally Pennsylvania
Nov 5, 2022 5:55 PM CDT
3 Presidents Rally Pennsylvania
Biden, Trump, Obama make push before Tuesday's elections
- One current and two former US presidents campaigned in Pennsylvania on Saturday, reflecting the importance both parties place on the election there Tuesday. President Biden and former President Barack Obama appeared together and separately at rallies for the Democratic slate, including Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the Senate nominee, and Attorney...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
Woman Has Struggled to Prove She's Not Dead for 16 Years
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.