Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
King's Emotional Speech
Addresses Queen, Harry
Sep 9, 2022 1:59 PM CDT
King's Emotional Speech Addresses Queen, Harry
Charles III makes his first speech
- Britain's new king included Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, in an emotional inaugural address Friday while renewing the late Queen Elizabeth's long-ago promise of unfailing duty and service. "As the queen herself did with such unswerving devotion, I, too, now solemnly pledge myself throughout the...
Charles Is Already King
After Queen's Death
Sep 8, 2022 1:12 PM CDT
Charles Is Already King After Queen's Death
His ascension to the throne was automatic, the palace announced
- The man the world has always known as Prince Charles is King Charles III now. Under the rules of the British monarchy, “a new sovereign succeeds to the throne as soon as his or her predecessor dies," per the AP . Which means that Charles' ascension to the throne...
Aug 25, 2022 2:00 PM CDT
Meghan Markle Dethrones Joe Rogan Atop Spotify
Her new podcast is No. 1 on the platform's charts
- Joe Rogan has been king of the Spotify podcast charts for most of three years, but those charts now have a ruling queen instead. Meghan Markle was No. 1 on the platform's rankings Thursday, two days after the debut of her
podcast, reports The List .
The Joe Rogan
Serena Williams Appears on
Meghan's 'Archetypes' Podcast
Aug 23, 2022 5:15 PM CDT
Serena Williams Appears on Meghan's 'Archetypes' Podcast
Among other things, Williams discussed her upcoming retirement
- Serena Williams and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, recount challenges they've experienced as working mothers on Meghan’s first podcast, including stories of having to work soon after scary incidents involving their children. Williams, who said recently "the countdown has begun" to her retirement, recounted on Meghan’s debut...
Judge Gives Harry a Win
Over British Government
Jul 22, 2022 11:16 AM CDT
Judge Gives Harry a Win Over British Government
Ruling permits prince to take UK government to court over police security he wants for family
- Prince Harry can take the British government to court over his security arrangements in the UK, a judge in London ruled Friday. Harry and his wife, Meghan, lost publicly funded UK police protection when they stepped down as senior working royals and moved to North America in 2020. The prince...
Palace Keeping Outcome of
Meghan Markle Probe Private
Jun 30, 2022 5:54 AM CDT
Palace Keeping Outcome of Meghan Markle Probe Private
Probe into bullying allegations is complete, it confirms
- Last year, Buckingham Palace announced it was launching an investigation into claims that Meghan Markle had bullied members of her royal staff , leading two of them to quit. Now, the palace is being strangely silent on the findings of that investigation. The palace announced the probe had concluded, and said...
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on
Queen's Balcony for Celebration
May 6, 2022 12:55 PM CDT
Harry, Meghan Won't Be on Queen's Balcony for Celebration
Neither will Andrew at Platinum Jubilee, as all 3 no longer have royal duties
- In June, the United Kingdom will celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee , a commemoration of her status as the only British monarch ever to have put in 70 years on the throne. And there will be four very special guests in attendance: Prince Harry, his wife Meghan Markle, and their...
Meghan Markle Series
May 2, 2022 4:24 PM CDT
Netflix Cancels Meghan Markle Series
Animated show 'Pearl' is history as service starts cutting costs
- Netflix is in cost-cutting mode after a drop in subscribers, and one of the early casualties is
, an animated series created by Meghan Markle. The show about a 12-year-old girl inspired by extraordinary women from history was being executive-produced by Markle and David Furnish, Elton John's husband,
at Prince Harry
Apr 25, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Trump Takes Personal Shot at Prince Harry
Former president says the prince is 'whipped' by Meghan Markle and predicts a divorce
- New details of former President Trump's soon-to-air interview with Piers Morgan in the UK are out, and they show Trump taking some personal digs at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Trump says Harry is "being led around by the nose" by Markle and is "whipped like no...
Harry, Meghan Reunite
With Queen, Prince Charles
Apr 15, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Harry, Meghan Reunite With Queen, Prince Charles
It's been more than 2 years since Markle has set foot in the UK
- Earlier this year, Prince Harry, who now lives in California with Meghan Markle and their two children, noted that security concerns were keeping them from visiting the UK. Those fears appear to have been allayed, at least enough to allow him and Markle to make a pit stop outside of...
Meghan Markle Tries to
Trademark 500-Year-Old Word
Apr 6, 2022 6:43 AM CDT
Meghan Markle Tries to Trademark 500-Year-Old Word
'Archetypes' is the title of her new Spotify podcast, examining female stereotypes
- Meghan Markle is seeking to trademark "archetypes," which in addition to being a 500-year-old word is also the title of her upcoming Spotify-exclusive podcast. The Duchess of Sussex, acting through her Archewell Audio company, filed the application with the US Patent and Trademark Office in March, the same...
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince
Philip's Memorial Service
Mar 12, 2022 7:00 AM CST
Harry RSVPs a No to Prince Philip's Memorial Service
Prince slammed for 'snubbing' queen, whom rep says he hopes to visit soon
- Prince Harry said earlier this year he wouldn't be returning to the UK anytime soon, due to a lack of security detail for him and his family, and he apparently meant it—even if it means he'll miss his grandfather's memorial service. Per
, a spokesman for...
Dec 27, 2021 7:04 AM CST
Meghan Markle Gets Front-Page Statement From
British tabloid doesn't exactly apologize, though
- Meghan Markle won her lengthy legal battle against the
Mail on Sunday
earlier this month, and on Sunday, she got a front-page statement from the British tabloid. The
and its associated website were ordered by a judge to acknowledge the win, and, following the ruling in Markle's favor...
Harry and Meghan's
Holiday Card Has
Dec 23, 2021 2:08 PM CST
Harry and Meghan's Holiday Card Has Special Surprise
The world gets its first look at their daughter, Lilibet 'Lili' Diana
- Six months after the birth of Lilibet "Lili" Diana, the world is getting its first look at the British royal. The daughter of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, born June 4 , is included in a family photo on the couple's holiday card, shot by photographer Alexi Lubomirski over...
Markle Wins Another Round
in Battle Against Tabloid
Dec 2, 2021 11:53 AM CST
Markle Wins Another Round in Battle Against Tabloid
Duchess say it's time to reshape industry
- Meghan Markle has won another round in her yearslong legal battle against the
Mail on Sunday
—but publisher Associated Newspapers might take the case to Britain's top court before it agrees to pay the duchess damages and print a front-page apology. The Court of Appeal in London ruled in...
Book: Prince Charles
Wondered About Archie's Skin
Nov 29, 2021 3:09 AM CST
Book: Prince Charles Wondered About Archie's Skin
A rep for the prince denies the allegation
- When Meghan Markle told Oprah Winfrey there was some concern among the royal family about how dark the skin of her and Prince Harry's son Archie might be, she didn't say who exactly was concerned. According to a new book, it might have been Harry's own father,...
Meghan Markle Is a
Surprise Guest on
Nov 19, 2021 4:53 AM CST
Meghan Markle Is a Surprise Guest on
She talks about life in California, secret night out with Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle shared a lot of memories in a surprise appearance on
—including a story about the days when she used to drive a "very, very old Ford Explorer Sport" with a broken driver's side door to auditions at the Warner Bros. lot where the show is...
Former Aide Revealed
Nov 11, 2021 2:41 AM CST
Meghan Markle's Messages With Former Aide Revealed
Duchess of Sussex admits the couple gave aide OK to cooperate with unauthorized biography
- Meghan Markle admitted to the court that she and Prince Harry did indeed cooperate, via a former aide, with the authors of an unauthorized biography of the couple. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have long denied having anything to do with
, released last year , but after messages...
Oct 27, 2021 4:22 PM CDT
Hateful Tweets About Meghan Were Coordinated, Report Says
Analytics show most of the abuse came from relatively few Twitter accounts
- The Twitter attacks on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry aren't organic, a new analysis shows. An analytics provider has found that 83 accounts were the source of 70% of the nastiest tweets and misinformation posted about the couple, the
reports. Bot Sentinel issued a report saying 80% of...
Harry? Not on
Sep 15, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
Pettiness From Royals Toward Harry? Not on His Birthday
Upbeat greetings poured in from the queen, William and Kate, Charles and Camilla for prince's 37th
- Earlier this summer, things still seemed tense between Prince Harry and his family back home across the pond. But the UK royals have apparently put any lingering hostilities on the back burner, at least for the day: Harry's 37th birthday on Wednesday. First came a tweeted birthday greeting from...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Queen's 2-Word Cause of Death Is Released
Judge: Trump Doesn't Have to Declare FBI Planted Evidence
Ginni Thomas Tells Committee 2020 Election Was Stolen
Marjorie Taylor Greene's 27-Year Marriage Is Ending
So Which 4 Tom Hanks Movies Does He Like Himself?
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.