Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Drake Withdraws His
2 Grammy Nominations
Dec 6, 2021 5:50 PM CST
Drake Withdraws His 2 Grammy Nominations
Move appears to be unprecedented
: Drake has abruptly withdrawn his two nominations for the 2022 Grammy Awards. Sources tell
that the Canadian star and his management have asked for "Certified Lover Boy," nominated for best rap album, and song "Way 2 Sexy," nominated for best rap performance, to be...
Nov 24, 2021 3:09 AM CST
The Weeknd Dethrones Chubby Checker
'Blinding Lights' is new No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 song of all time
- After years as the No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 song of all time, Chubby Checker's "The Twist" has been dethroned. The Weeknd's "Blinding Lights" is now in the top spot, after Billboard updated its Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Songs recap. "The Twist,"...
BTS Wins Big at AMAs: 'This
Whole Thing Is a Miracle'
Nov 22, 2021 7:18 AM CST
BTS Wins Big at AMAs: 'This Whole Thing Is a Miracle'
Big night for South Korean boy band at American Music Awards, including first artist of the year win
- South Korean superstars BTS were crowned artist of the year at the American Music Awards on Sunday, brushing aside challenges from Taylor Swift, Drake, and The Weeknd as they took home a total of three awards, teamed up with Coldplay for a raucous " My Universe," and closed the...
Prof to Teach
Class on Drake,
Sep 27, 2021 8:13 AM CDT
Prof to Teach Class on Drake, the Weeknd: 'It's Time'
Canada's Ryerson University is offering deep-dive course on Toronto-born performers
- If you're an undergrad at the Creative School, part of Toronto's Ryerson University, there's a class on Aubrey Drake Graham and Abel Makkonen Tesfaye that may interest you. Don't recognize those names? You likely know them as Drake and the Weeknd, and if you want to...
The Weeknd on
Grammys Changes ... Meh
May 4, 2021 12:03 AM CDT
The Weeknd on Grammys Changes ... Meh
Singer still won't be submitting his music
- After this year's controversial Grammy Awards , from which The Weeknd was completely shut out , the Grammys are making some changes—but it's too little, too late for the singer. "I remain uninterested in being a part of the Grammys, especially with their own admission of corruption for...
Artist of 2020
Dec 1, 2020 7:38 AM CST
Here's Spotify's Most-Streamed Artist of 2020
Bad Bunny leads a list that includes Drake, J Balvin, Juice WRLD, and The Weeknd
- The year's most played artist on Spotify? Globally speaking: Bad Bunny. The Puerto Rican superstar is the music platform’s most-streamed artist of the year with 8.3 billion streams globally. The Latin Grammy winner and hitmaker, who released a new album last week, leads a top five list...
The Weeknd Shut Out of
'Corrupt' Grammy Awards
Nov 25, 2020 1:29 AM CST
The Weeknd Shut Out of 'Corrupt' Grammy Awards
He's not the only one
- The Weeknd is having what ABC News says might be "one of the best years in his career." The Canadian pop star's latest album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200; one of the singles from it spent a record-breaking 40 weeks in the top 10...
Nov 12, 2020 2:32 PM CST
Super Bowl Halftime Headliner Is Revealed
The Weeknd will do the honors in Tampa in February
- The NFL has announced this season's headliner for the Super Bowl halftime show: It's the Weeknd, reports ESPN . The game is scheduled to be played Feb. 7 in Tampa, Florida, though the stadium will likely be only 20% full because of the pandemic, notes
. No word yet...
One of These Men Nabs
'Most Influential' Cover
Sep 23, 2020 7:27 AM CDT
One of These Men Nabs
'Most Influential' Cover
Fauci. Time 100 list also features Trump, Megan Thee Stallion, and more
- President Trump will not like this : Dr. Anthony Fauci of the White House Coronavirus Task Force graces the cover of
magazine as one of the year's 100 most influential people . (There will be eight worldwide covers in all, per
.) President Trump also made the list,...
South African Party Protests
H&M 'Monkey' Sweatshirt
Jan 14, 2018 11:40 AM CST
South African Party Protests H&M 'Monkey' Sweatshirt
The sweatshirt has caused controversy around the world
- Members of a South African opposition party have stormed into some H&M stores to protest a promotional image of a black child wearing a sweatshirt with the words "Coolest monkey in the jungle," the AP reports. Local media reports say the Economic Freedom Fighters members urged local...
Spotify Has a Very
Different Artist of
Year Than Grammys
Dec 5, 2017 10:55 AM CST
Spotify Has a Very Different Artist of Year Than Grammys
Ed Sheeran, largely shut out of awards nominations, is most streamed artist of the year
- The Grammys may have dissed Ed Sheeran, but Spotify says he's the most streamed artist of the year. The streaming service announced Tuesday that Sheeran tops its 2017 list with 6.3 billion streams. He also has Spotify's biggest album of the year with
for the Honor
Jun 12, 2017 3:40 PM CDT
Highest-Paid Celeb Can Thank Vodka for the Honor
Diddy tops 'Forbes' annual list
- The highest-paid celebrity on
2017 list managed to beat out Beyonce for the top spot—and he has vodka to thank for it. Sean "Diddy" Combs tops this year's annual list, having raked in $130 million pre-tax between June 2016 and June 2017. That's partially due...
Dec 7, 2015 7:48 AM CST
Kendrick Lamar Dominates Grammy Noms
In an unsurprising development, Taylor Swift also received quite a few nods
- Kendrick Lamar is the king of the 2016 Grammys: The rapper is the leading nominee for the 2016 awards with 11, including album of the year for
To Pimp a Butterfly
and song of the year for "Alright."
To Pimp a Butterfly
goes up against Taylor Swift's...
Popular on Newser
Traveler Receives Interesting 'Meal' After Asking for Vegan
Fetterman Camp Strikes Gold With Dr. Oz's Crudite Video
Boy Paralyzed in Parade Shooting Is 'Hopeless'
College Students' Road Trip Ends in Deadly Shootout
Liz Cheney Loses Her Primary
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.