Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Judge Orders Meadows to
Testify in Georgia Election Case
Oct 26, 2022 1:06 PM CDT
Judge Orders Meadows to Testify in Georgia Election Case
Former WH chief of staff is a 'necessary and material witness,' court filing states
- A judge on Wednesday ordered former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to testify before a special grand jury that's investigating whether then-President Trump and his allies illegally tried to influence the state's 2020 election. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis opened the investigation early last year...
a Pardon in
Sep 17, 2022 2:55 PM CDT
Gaetz Wanted a Pardon in Sex Trafficking Case: Witness
Panel had heard testimony that pardon requests were over efforts to overturn election
- Rep. Matt Gaetz, who's under federal investigation on suspicion of sex trafficking, told former President Donald Trump's chief of staff that a preemptive pardon in the case "would be great," a witness told a House committee. Johnny McEntee, a White House aide during Trump's term,...
Ball With DOJ
Sep 15, 2022 8:50 AM CDT
Sources: Mark Meadows Played Ball With DOJ on Subpoena
Ex-chief of staff for Trump's WH reportedly complied with agency's writ regarding Jan. 6 riot
- In June, the Department of Justice announced it was declining to charge Mark Meadows, former President Trump's chief of staff in the White House, with contempt after Meadows stopped cooperating with the House select committee looking into the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol. Now, a new development:...
Allegations of Witness
Tampering Gain Traction
Jul 1, 2022 1:25 PM CDT
Allegations of Witness Tampering Gain Traction
Reports say Trump allies gave tacit warnings to Cassidy Hutchinson in particular
- Near the end of the last Jan. 6 hearing, Rep. Liz Cheney accused allies of former President Trump of attempting to intimidate witnesses, and she displayed two messages that she says make her case, per the Hill . Cheney didn't name any names, but reports now say that Cassidy Hutchinson—...
Jan. 6 Hearing: 'I Don't ...
Care That They Have Weapons'
Jun 28, 2022 1:10 PM CDT
Jan. 6 Hearing: 'I Don't ... Care That They Have Weapons'
Witness says Trump objected to metal detectors for his supporters on Jan. 6
- Witness Cassidy Hutchinson told the Jan. 6 panel Tuesday that former President Trump and chief of staff Mark Meadows—her boss—were informed that protesters gathering in DC on Jan. 6, 2021, were armed. However, both appeared to be unconcerned about it, she said. In fact, she said Trump was...
Witness: Meadows Told Me
Jan. 6 May 'Get Real, Real Bad'
Jun 28, 2022 12:27 PM CDT
Witness: Meadows Told Me Jan. 6 May 'Get Real, Real Bad'
Cassidy Hutchinson begins her testimony
- The Jan. 6 House panel has begun its surprise hearing—one that was abruptly scheduled only on Monday—with star witness Cassidy Hutchinson , who served as a top aide to Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows, per CNN . The 25-year-old had access to the former president's inner circle and...
Witness at Surprise
Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Jun 28, 2022 6:52 AM CDT
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to Mark Meadows, will testify
- A onetime top aide to former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows will testify in Tuesday's surprise Jan. 6 hearing , the sixth this month, multiple outlets are reporting. Cassidy Hutchinson, who attended meetings between Meadows and House Republicans who worked to overturn the 2020 election, will testify publicly...
DOJ: We Won't Be Prosecuting
Jun 4, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
DOJ: We Won't Be Prosecuting Meadows, Scavino
Justice Department declines contempt charges for Trump's former chief of staff, social media director
- On Friday, former Trump aide Peter Navarro was indicted on contempt charges for refusing to answer subpoenas by a House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack. Later that day, two others in Trump's circle avoided the same fate—two much more central figures regarding the former president. Politico...
In New Texts Between Hannity
and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Apr 30, 2022 8:15 AM CDT
In New Texts Between Hannity and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Fox host went from 'staunch supporter' of election lies to warning against 'fing lunatics,' per CNN
- CNN has more texts from Mark Meadows , this time dozens of them between the former White House chief of staff and Fox News host Sean Hannity. The two exchanged more than 80 messages between Election Day 2020 and President Biden's inauguration, which the news outlet says show "...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Panel Tells Judge It Has
New Evidence on Meadows
Apr 23, 2022 12:10 PM CDT
Panel Tells Judge It Has New Evidence on Meadows
Jan. 6 committee asks court to force testimony of Trump's chief of staff
- The House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol last year has asked a federal judge to compel the testimony of Mark Meadows, White House chief of staff at the time. The Jan. 6 panel already subpoenaed Meadows, and he turned over certain documents. But he's refused to do...
to Vote in Three
Apr 22, 2022 4:39 PM CDT
Mark Meadows Was Registered to Vote in Three States
'Washington Post' adds South Carolina to list of Virginia and North Carolina
- Former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows has made headlines in recent weeks after it was revealed he was registered to vote in two different states , Virginia and North Carolina. Glenn Kessler of the
's Fact Checker blog looked into all this and concluded the story isn't...
NC County Strikes
From Its Voter List
Apr 13, 2022 4:57 PM CDT
NC County Strikes Mark Meadows From Its Voter List
Records show Trump's former chief of staff was registered to vote in 2 states
- An elections board in a North Carolina county has removed Mark Meadows, former chief of staff to President Trump, from its list of registered voters after documents showed he lived in Virginia and voted in the 2021 election in that state. Questions arose about Meadows last month , when North Carolina...
to Fight Election
Mar 24, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Virginia Thomas Texted Meadows to Fight Election
Messages given to House panel show exchanges about overturning 2020 results
- "This is a fight of good versus evil," Virginia Thomas texted then-President Trump's chief of staff in pushing him to fight the 2020 election of President Biden. "Do not grow weary in well doing," she told Mark Meadows, assuring him Biden was "attempting the...
for Voter Fraud
Mar 18, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Mark Meadows Being Investigated for Voter Fraud
Criminal probe opened into former Trump aide in North Carolina
- Former Trump aide Mark Meadows is under criminal investigation. Following a
story earlier this month raising the question of why Meadows registered to vote in North Carolina in 2020 when he was not living there, the State Bureau of Investigation confirmed it has opened a probe into the...
Go the Route
of Steve Bannon
Feb 13, 2022 8:20 AM CST
Giuliani May Not Go the Route of Steve Bannon
'New York Times' reports he's in talks with House panel to testify about the Capitol riot
- Trump allies Steve Bannon and Mark Meadows have defied the House panel investigating the Capitol riot to the extent that they now face the possibility of criminal charges. Rudy Giuliani may go a different route. The
New York Times
reports that Trump's longtime attorney is in negotiations to testify...
'Need to End
This Call': More
Dec 15, 2021 12:28 AM CST
'Need to End This Call': More Mark Meadows Texts Revealed
As House votes to recommend DoJ charge him with criminal contempt
- The House of Representatives on Tuesday night voted 222-208 to recommend that Mark Meadows be held in contempt of Congress. Two Republicans, Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger (both of whom sit on the select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack) voted with Democrats, CNN reports. The charges will be...
Meadows: My Texts Were
Dec 14, 2021 2:02 PM CST
Meadows: My Texts Were 'Selectively Leaked'
He accuses House panel of 'weaponizing' them as fallout continues over Jan. 6 development
- The fallout continues over Monday night's surprise development in the investigation of the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. GOP Rep. Liz Cheney read texts that were sent by Donald Trump Jr. and three Fox News hosts to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows as the riot was...
Jan. 6 Text to
Is Hurting All of Us'
Dec 14, 2021 6:23 AM CST
Fox Host's Jan. 6 Text to Meadows: 'This Is Hurting All of Us'
Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmeade all frantically messaged Trump's then-chief of staff
- On Monday evening, a House panel probing what happened during the Capitol riot voted unanimously to recommend Mark Meadows, the chief of staff for former President Trump, be held in contempt of Congress. Among the evidence read aloud before the vote were a series of text messages sent to Meadows...
Dec 13, 2021 8:00 PM CST
Unanimous Vote Backs Contempt Charges for Mark Meadows
Texts show Trump's son was among those urging president to condemn Jan. 6 violence
- Voting unanimously, the House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol recommended Monday night that Mark Meadows face criminal contempt of Congress charges. The committee said in a new report that it has evidence that Meadows, who was chief of staff to former President Donald Trump at the time, promised...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
All Nantucket Beaches Are Now Topless Beaches
What Sleeping With a Weighted Blanket Does to Your Brain
Biden Signs NDA Limits Into Law
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.