Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 26, 2023 9:40 AM CDT
Hunter Biden Is Suing Rudy Giuliani
President's son says Giuliani broke the law by hacking computer data
- First, Hunter Biden sued the IRS for breaching his privacy. Now he's going after Rudy Giuliani with the same accusation. The president's son, embroiled in serious legal trouble of his own, has filed suit against Guiliani and his former attorney for what he calls the "total annihilation"...
Hunter Biden Plans
to Plead Not Guilty
Sep 19, 2023 5:42 PM CDT
Hunter Biden Plans to Plead Not Guilty
He asks to enter plea on federal firearms charges by video conference
- Hunter Biden will plead not guilty to federal firearms charges filed after the collapse of a plea deal in a long-running federal investigation, his lawyers said Tuesday in court documents. The president's son is accused of lying about his drug use when he bought a firearm in October 2018....
Hunter Biden Sues
the IRS Over Tax Reveals
Sep 18, 2023 8:19 AM CDT
Hunter Biden Sues the IRS Over Tax Reveals
Complaint by president's son alleges 2 whistleblower agents violated his privacy
- Just days after Hunter Biden was indicted on federal firearms charges, the president's son is pushing back on separate allegations about his taxes with a lawsuit against the IRS. The AP reports that Biden filed his complaint Monday, accusing two whistleblower IRS agents, Gary Shapley and Joseph Ziegler, of...
6 Takes on the Biden
Sep 13, 2023 2:11 PM CDT
6 Takes on the Biden Impeachment Inquiry
Opinions range from 'it's a no brainer' to 'nothing ... justifies the drastic step'
- The US faces a third possible impeachment of a president in less than four years. GOP House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said the impeachment inquiry into President Biden, launched Tuesday , comes in response to "allegations of abuse of power, obstruction and corruption." Some onlookers agree with the reasoning, claiming...
of Hunter Biden
Sep 6, 2023 7:05 PM CDT
Special Counsel Plans Indictment of Hunter Biden in September
New gun charge would follow collapse of plea agreement
- Special counsel David Weiss said in a court filing Wednesday that he intends to seek an indictment of Hunter Biden on gun charges this month, after a plea deal with the president's son involving tax charges fell apart this summer. The prosecution's filing cited the requirements of the...
Files Show Politics Permeated
Hunter Biden-Justice Talks
Aug 20, 2023 2:55 PM CDT
Files Show Politics Permeated Hunter Biden-Justice Talks
Lawyer warned president could take the stand in a trial
- As Hunter Biden's lawyers argued with the Justice Department to dissuade it from filing charges, one of them slipped a bombshell into a 32-page letter. Should Hunter Biden be charged, Chris Clark wrote, "President Biden now unquestionably would be a fact witness for the defense in any criminal...
Aug 16, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Hunter Biden's Attorney Quits
Because he'll likely end up testifying on Biden's behalf instead
- As discussions between Hunter Biden and the Justice Department continue to devolve , Biden's defense attorney in the case filed to withdraw from that role Tuesday, saying he could no longer act as Biden's lawyer because he may be called as a witness on Biden's behalf, the AP...
Aug 14, 2023 4:32 PM CDT
Prosecutors Are Breaking Deal, Hunter Biden Tells Judge
Disagreement involves a gun diversion program
- Federal prosecutors are trying to back out of a critical provision in his plea deal with them, Hunter Biden told a court. The agreement appeared to fall apart when a judge declined to approve it last month. In a filing Friday, prosecutors said that there is no deal anymore and...
Special Counsel Appointed
in Hunter Biden Case
Aug 11, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
Special Counsel Appointed in Hunter Biden Case
Attorney General Merrick Garland makes the move
- Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Friday he is appointing a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe, deepening the investigation of the president's son ahead of the 2024 election, per the AP . Garland said he is naming David Weiss, the US attorney in Delaware who has been investigating the...
Talks, Both Sides
Aug 1, 2023 1:26 AM CDT
Hunter Biden's Former Partner Talks, Both Sides Claim Victory
Devon Archer says Hunter Biden often put his father on speakerphone
- Hunter Biden's former business partner insisted in testimony to Congress on Monday that President Biden was never directly involved in their financial dealings, though Hunter would often put his famous father on speakerphone to impress clients and business associates, the AP reports. The Republican-led House Oversight Committee conducted a...
Biden: Yes, I Have
a 7th Grandchild
Jul 29, 2023 7:45 AM CDT
Biden: Yes, I Have a 7th Grandchild
President acknowledges Navy Joan Roberts, 4, the daughter of Hunter Biden and Lunden Roberts
- President Biden doesn't shy away from boasting about his family. "I have six grandchildren. And I'm crazy about them. And I speak to them every single day," he said at a Take Your Child to Work Day event in April. Now, we may start to hear...
Gives a Firm
'No' to Pardon
for Hunter Biden
Jul 27, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
White House Gives a Firm 'No' to Pardon for Hunter Biden
Case against president's son are back in play after plea deal was stalled
- The White House press secretary gave a direct answer when asked Thursday if President Biden would consider pardoning his son, Hunter, who has been charged with two misdemeanor tax offenses and a felony gun count. "No," Karine Jean-Pierre said. White House aides, as well as the Bidens, had...
Judge Puts Hunter Biden's
Plea Deal on Hold
Jul 26, 2023 12:53 PM CDT
Judge Puts Hunter Biden's Plea Deal on Hold
Two sides have a month to hammer things out
- A big surprise Wednesday in Hunter Biden's legal travails: A controversial plea deal derided by Republicans as too lenient is now on hold after the judge in the case raised questions about its scope, reports the
New York Times
. US District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika gave defense lawyers...
Hunter Biden's Attorney Files
Ethics Complaint on MTG
Jul 21, 2023 3:10 PM CDT
Hunter Biden's Attorney Files Ethics Complaint on MTG
GOP congresswoman showed explicit images of president's son during an official hearing
- Hunter Biden's attorney has filed an ethics complaint against Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene after she showed explicit photos of him during a congressional hearing, reports the Hill . Abbe David Lowell condemned Greene's "abhorrent behavior" in a letter to the Office of Congressional Ethics. The "House has...
Lawyer Has a
Jul 14, 2023 7:21 AM CDT
Hunter Biden's Lawyer Has a Cease-and-Desist for Trump
Attorney's letter tells former president to quit his attacks on Biden, noting they could incite violence
- Former President Trump continues to take online potshots at Hunter Biden, including most recently suggesting Biden should've received a "death sentence" instead of a plea deal on charges regarding federal tax offenses and illegally possessing a firearm. Now, the current president's son is signaling that he's...
Feds: GOP's Biden Witness Was
Engaged in 'Criminal Schemes'
Jul 11, 2023 5:41 PM CDT
Feds: GOP's Biden Witness Was Engaged in 'Criminal Schemes'
After indictment unsealed, Republicans accuse prosecutors of trying to silence Gal Luft
- The man that some Republicans in Congress have described as a witness with information on alleged Biden family corruption was "engaged in multiple, serious criminal schemes," prosecutors say. An eight-count indictment from November unsealed on Monday accuses Gal Luft of working as an illegal arms dealer and an...
Dowd to Biden:
Jul 9, 2023 8:30 AM CDT
Dowd to Biden: Show Some Heart, Accept Your Grandchild
Columnist says first family's refusal to embrace Hunter's 4-year-old daughter is horrible
- President Biden often talks about how much he loves his six grandchildren. In her latest
New York Times
column, Maureen Dowd reminds the president that he has
grandkids—and calls the first family's refusal to accept the seventh child as an awful decision. The 4-year-old girl is named...
Part of Child
for Hunter Biden
Jun 30, 2023 3:50 PM CDT
Paintings Are Part of Child Support Deal for Hunter Biden
Settlement includes turning over some artwork by the president's son to his daughter
- Hunter Biden has reached a settlement with Lunden Roberts, the mother of their 4-year-old daughter, on child support payments. The amount of the agreed-upon payments was redacted from an Arkansas court filing released on Thursday, Politico reports. But the filing said artwork painted by Biden will be included. The terms...
McCarthy Threatens to Open
Garland Impeachment Inquiry
Jun 26, 2023 6:40 PM CDT
McCarthy Threatens to Open Garland Impeachment Inquiry
White House official says GOP is trying to distract from tax cut plans
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has upped the ante in Republicans' allegations that the Justice Department is making prosecutorial decisions based on politics, suggesting that Attorney General Merrick Garland could face an impeachment inquiry. In a tweet , McCarthy tied the threat to IRS whistleblowers' contentions that a tax crime investigation included...
Orgy Club's 'Sex Jesus' Banned
Over Hunter Biden Claim
Jun 23, 2023 9:13 AM CDT
Orgy Club's 'Sex Jesus' Banned Over Hunter Biden Claim
SNCTM founder Damon Lawner made allegation on Instagram that president's son was a member
- SNCTM bills itself as "the world's most exclusive members-only club," designed for "personal exploration" (ie, high-end sex orgies) and strict on maintaining privacy for those who belong. Now, however, the
Los Angeles Times
reports that the group's founder, 52-year-old Damon Lawner, has been banned for...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.