Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Donald Trump 2016
Stories 21 - 40 |
Be the 5th
Person to Ever
Lose Like This
Nov 9, 2016 7:11 AM CST
Clinton Could Be the 5th Person to Ever Lose Like This
There's a real chance she'll take the popular vote
- It may be deja vu all over again for Democrats, with the very real possibility emerging that Hillary Clinton will be the second candidate in 16 years to win the popular vote but lose the Electoral College. As of 8am ET, Clinton had pulled ahead of President-elect Donald Trump by...
It Will Be President Trump;
Nov 9, 2016 2:19 AM CST
It Will Be President Trump; Clinton Concedes
A stunning upset
- The AP declared Donald Trump the next president of the United States in the early morning hours Wednesday, and Hillary Clinton called him to concede. That concession came soon after aide John Podesta said not to expect one because some states remained too close to call. In fact, NBC News...
10 Big Names Predict
How This Is Going to End
Nov 8, 2016 7:33 AM CST
10 Big Names Predict How This Is Going to End
It remains good news for Hillary Clinton
- Either the poll-readers are way off or Hillary Clinton is going to be the next president of the United States instead of Donald Trump. Here's a look at some big-name predictions, expressed as either the candidate's odds of winning or their electoral votes:
Nate Silver , FiveThirtyEight: Clinton, 70%
in First Town
to Report Results
Nov 8, 2016 5:08 AM CST
Clinton Wins in First Town to Report Results
Romney, Johnson tied for 3rd in Dixville Notch, NH
- The election is over in tiny Dixville Notch—and it did not go well for Donald Trump. With all eight votes counted in the New Hampshire town, traditionally the first in the US to report election results, Hillary Clinton has four votes to two for Donald Trump. Gary Johnson and,...
Quote Is Actually
Nov 7, 2016 5:36 PM CST
This Crazy Donald Trump Quote Is Actually Fake
Trump never called Republicans 'dumbest group of voters'
- You've probably seen the meme being shared on social media: a photo of young Donald Trump, with maybe a little more hair but no less confidence, coupled with a supposed quote from a 1998 interview: "If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican. They’re...
a 'Sleeping Giant'
Nov 7, 2016 6:06 AM CST
Trump May Have Awoken a 'Sleeping Giant'
And that could spell trouble for him
- Donald Trump may have woken up what pollsters call a "sleeping giant"—and it's not planning on voting for him. As the campaigns enter their final day, the
reports that there are signs that the Latino voter turnout is set to break records, and much...
Trump Isn't Buying
FBI's Email Conclusion
Nov 7, 2016 2:08 AM CST
Trump Isn't Buying FBI's Email Conclusion
Clinton 'is guilty. She knows it,' he says
- Donald Trump is accusing the FBI of impropriety after its director lifted a cloud hanging over Trump rival Hillary Clinton. FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers Sunday that the bureau had found no evidence to warrant criminal charges against Clinton in a trove of newly discovered emails. Trump insisted at...
Trump May Be 'Misleading' US
Public on Russia: NATO Allies
Nov 4, 2016 2:10 PM CDT
Trump May Be 'Misleading' US Public on Russia: NATO Allies
Or, if not that, they fear he doesn't believe intelligence info or doesn't understand it
- Donald Trump has long pooh-poohed any ties between his campaign and the Kremlin that might be working to undermine the presidential election. But according to officials from two of America's European allies, some of the US' NATO partners have become "alarmed" at Trump's dismissive attitude toward Moscow,...
With 35M Votes
Some Good Signs
Nov 4, 2016 5:22 AM CDT
With 35M Votes Already Cast, Some Good Signs for Clinton
In NC, Trump tries to energize base as Clinton targets minority turnout
- With only a handful of days left until Election Day, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stepped up their efforts Thursday and made appeals to two very different groups of voters in the same swing state. The
New York Times
reports that Clinton, who is trying to boost minority turnout, painted...
Nov 4, 2016 2:40 AM CDT
Feds Investigating Fake Documents Targeting Clinton
Officials warn Russian meddling won't end with election
- Moscow is on a mission to meddle in the election, and it could continue even after Election Day, American officials warn. Officials tell the
that Russian intelligence services may try to create doubt about the legitimacy of the results, possibly faking evidence of vote-rigging if Donald Trump loses...
Think Trump Can't
Win? Think Again
Nov 3, 2016 1:03 AM CDT
Think Trump Can't Win? Think Again
FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver lays out the scenarios—and Trump's 'no longer really a long shot'
- A national poll showed Donald Trump slightly ahead of Hillary Clinton on Tuesday, though, as Nate Silver points out at FiveThirtyEight , cherry-picking polls isn't necessarily indicative of an overall trend: Per the FiveThirtyEight model that analyzed a whole slew of surveys, Clinton appears to still be in the lead...
Gets a Chance
Nov 2, 2016 11:50 AM CDT
Jon Stewart Gets a Chance to Skewer Trump
He performs at a charity show at Madison Square Garden
- Jon Stewart doesn't have a national forum anymore, but he got a chance to rip into Donald Trump at a charity event Tuesday night for Stand Up for Heroes, which benefits veterans. Here's a sampling, per
, CNN , and
"I thought when a guy
Trump Urges Early Voters
to Change Their Votes
Nov 2, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
Trump Urges Early Voters to Change Their Votes
Which you can do in 4 states
- With less than a week to go until Election Day, Hillary Clinton is spending her time on attack instead of defense. At a rally in Florida Tuesday night, she made no mention of her emails, but she slammed Donald Trump as "the poster boy for everything wrong with our...
and It Wasn't
Nov 1, 2016 7:21 AM CDT
John Kasich Has Voted, and It Wasn't for Trump
Ariz. Sen. John McCain got the Ohio governor's write-in vote
- John Kasich took some time out from rooting for the Cleveland Indians in the World Series to cast his vote Monday in the presidential election, and he kept a promise he had made some time ago: "Stop Trump." The Republican governor of Ohio, who Cleveland.com says voted...
Clinton Camp Says FBI Chief
Guilty of 'Double Standard'
Nov 1, 2016 6:52 AM CDT
Clinton Camp Says FBI Chief Guilty of 'Double Standard'
He'll talk about emails but not possible Russia connection, says spokesman
- The Clinton camp went after FBI chief James Comey on Monday over what campaign manager Robby Mook calls a "blatant double standard": Comey is willing to publicly disclose new information on Hillary Clinton's email troubles but not about possible Russian meddling into the election. "Director Comey owes...
Trump 'Used Dubious
Loophole to Avoid Tax'
Nov 1, 2016 6:42 AM CDT
Trump 'Used Dubious Loophole to Avoid Tax'
'NYT' says Trump's own lawyers warned him about it
- Donald Trump didn't merely use loopholes to avoid tens of millions of dollars in federal taxes—he stretched them beyond recognition when he was strapped for cash in the early 1990s, tax experts tell the
New York Times
, which says it has uncovered some dubious dealings amid paperwork from...
Trends on Twitter
Oct 31, 2016 7:08 PM CDT
#HillaryForPrision Trends on Twitter Amid Accusations of Censorship
No, that's not our typo
- Supporters of Donald Trump managed to get one of their favorite rallying calls, "Hillary for prison," trending on Twitter on Monday. Or rather, they got "#HillaryForPrision" to trend. Eagle-eyed readers (and elementary school teachers) will notice an extra "i" has snuck in behind the "s"...
Wasn't Trying to
Meddle in Election
Oct 31, 2016 4:11 PM CDT
White House: FBI Director Wasn't Trying to Meddle in Election
FBI Director Comey has faced withering criticism for publicly announcing probe into Clinton emails
- President Barack Obama declined to join in his party's criticism of FBI Director James Comey on Monday, The Hill reports. Director Comey has faced a barrage of attacks from Democrats, some of whom accuse him of trying to meddle in the election by announcing a probe into newly uncovered...
As Trump Blasts Clinton,
His Own Email Mess Emerges
Oct 31, 2016 11:03 AM CDT
As Trump Blasts Clinton, His Own Email Mess Emerges
Deep dive in 'Newsweek' reveals Trump, his companies purged documents in 'defiance of court orders'
- The commotion related to Hillary Clinton's emails has gone into overdrive just days before the election, and now Kurt Eichenwald is throwing some more email deletions into the mix for
—this time linked to Donald Trump. The article details Trump's own records purges, which included "...
Clinton Resurrects Famous Ad
in New Spot Against Trump
Oct 31, 2016 9:25 AM CDT
Clinton Resurrects Famous Ad in New Spot Against Trump
The 'Daisy' girl is all grown up now
- The Clinton campaign is going nuclear in a new ad against Donald Trump. The spot revisits the famous "Daisy" ad of 1964 in which a girl plucking a daisy is used to raise the specter of nuclear war, reports the
. (Here's the original .) Back then,...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Leaning Tower Shuttered Last Month Now on 'High Alert'
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Doritos Has Solved the Issue of Crunching
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.