Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Despite Threats, City Stands
Firm After Patriot Front Arrests
Jun 13, 2022 7:05 PM CDT
Despite Threats, City Stands Firm After Patriot Front Arrests
Coeur d'Alene won't go 'back to the days of the Aryan Nations,' mayor says
- At one point Monday, the police department in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, had received almost 150 calls from the public about the arrests of 31 men connected to a white supremacist group who were headed to an LGBTQ+ event in town. About half of the calls were congratulatory, NBC News...
31 Patriot Front
Near Pride Event
Jun 12, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
31 Patriot Front Members Arrested Near Pride Event
Members of white supremacist group intended to riot, authorities say
- Authorities arrested 31 members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front near an Idaho pride event Saturday after they were found packed into the back of a U-Haul truck with riot gear, the AP reports. The men were standing inside the truck wearing khakis, navy blue shirts and beige hats...
Key to White Supremacists'
Lingo: the Guise of Humor
Nov 19, 2021 9:12 AM CST
Key to White Supremacists' Lingo: the Guise of Humor
Charlottesville trial includes testimony about the strategy
- The Kyle Rittenhouse and Ahmaud Arbery trials aren't the only cases involving volatile race issues winding down at the moment. Jurors in Charlottesville, Virginia, begin deliberations Friday in a civil trial over the deadly violence that broke out at the Unite the Right rally in 2017, reports CNN . Details:...
Men Who Hoped
for US Civil War Get
Oct 29, 2021 11:40 AM CDT
Men Who Hoped for US Civil War Get 9-Year Sentences
American Brian Mark Lemley and Canadian Patrik Jordan Mathews are sentenced
: Two military veterans—American Brian Mark Lemley and Canadian Patrik Jordan Mathews—have each been sentenced to nine years in prison on gun charges with a "terrorist enhancement." The men were arrested before a pro-gun rally in Virginia last year, the BBC reports. Both are members of...
Oct 1, 2021 3:31 PM CDT
Calif. Synagogue Gunman Hears His Fate
John T. Earnest gets life without parole for killing one person, injuring 3 in 2019 Poway shooting
- Before John T. Earnest was sentenced Thursday for fatally gunning down one person and injuring three others, including a young girl, in a 2019 shooting at a Southern California synagogue, his lawyer asked if he could make a statement. The response of San Diego Superior Court Judge Peter Deddeh in...
Feds: Supremacist Group
Required Violence to Join
Jul 16, 2021 1:15 PM CDT
Feds: Supremacist Group Required Violence to Join
16 members of 'Unforgiven' in Florida swept up in racketeering indictment
- A white supremacist group rewarded members with tattoo "patches" for committing acts of violence, including assaulting peaceful demonstrators at a racial justice protest last summer, according to a federal racketeering indictment of 16 members in Florida. Members of the group, Unforgiven, also attempted to use corrupt law-enforcement officers and...
He Crashed Into Home,
Started Shooting. Now,
a Hate Crime Probe
Jun 28, 2021 10:04 AM CDT
He Crashed Into Home, Started Shooting. Now, a Hate Crime Probe
Mass. authorities investigating incident that left 2 Black bystanders dead in Winthrop
- A shooting over the weekend near Boston that left a retired Massachusetts State Police officer and an Air Force veteran dead is now being investigated as a hate crime, as the two Black victims were gunned down while other bystanders escaped without being targeted. Authorities say 28-year-old Nathan Allen stole...
Trump Is Now Facing a Lawsuit
Over the Capitol Attack
Feb 16, 2021 10:05 AM CST
Trump Is Now Facing a Lawsuit Over the Capitol Attack
Rep. Bennie Thompson and NAACP's suit also names Rudy Giuliani, white supremacist groups
- He was acquitted in his impeachment trial, but Donald Trump now faces threats from the courts in regard to the Capitol riot. On Tuesday, the first such threat from a member of Congress emerged in the form of a lawsuit by Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi, reports Politico . The...
Candidate Flew Across
US to Abduct Child
Dec 21, 2020 6:30 AM CST
Cops: Ex-Congressional Candidate Flew Across US to Abduct Child
Nathan Larson, who served time for threatening a president, runs site glorifying child rape: authorities
- In an "extremely disturbing" story out of Colorado, a man authorities say is a white supremacist and pedophile was arrested in Denver last week for allegedly abducting a 12-year-old California girl he'd met on social media. ABC News reports that Nathan Daniel Larson, 40, was detained at Denver...
#ProudBoys Gets Hijacked
in Name of Gay Pride
Oct 5, 2020 7:36 AM CDT
#ProudBoys Gets Hijacked in Name of Gay Pride
Gay community takes over #ProudBoys hashtag from far-right group
- If most of America didn't know who the Proud Boys were before last week, they know now. President Trump refused to clearly denounce the far-right organization, designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center , at Tuesday's debate, causing a commotion with his words to "stand...
Trump Backtracks on the
Proud Boys in a Big Way
Sep 30, 2020 5:55 PM CDT
Trump Backtracks on the Proud Boys in a Big Way
'I don't know who the proud boys are'
- President Trump drew a blank on the Proud Boys less than 24 hours after appearing to support them on national television, the
reports. "I don't know who the Proud Boys are. You'll have to give me a definition because I really don't know who they...
From Trump Is
Sep 30, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
One Phrase From Trump Is Picked Apart
He told Proud Boys to 'stand by'—a dangerous move, some argue
- Members of the far-right group Proud Boys celebrated its mention by President Trump during the first presidential debate on Tuesday, seeing it as an implicit endorsement and boasting of a jump in recruits, per the
New York Times
, which perused private social-media channels. Members of the "western chauvinist" group...
Off for Good
Jul 31, 2020 2:10 PM CDT
Twitter Kicks David Duke Off for Good
Ex-KKK leader kicked off social media platform for violating rules on 'hateful conduct'
- David Duke has lost one of his big communications platforms: The 70-year-old white supremacist and ex-Ku Klux Klan leader has been banned from Twitter for good, the AP reports. Duke was "permanently suspended for repeated violations of the Twitter rules on hateful conduct," the social media platform said...
Wanted to Attack
Apr 11, 2020 9:00 AM CDT
Cops: 13-Year-Old Wanted to Attack Vegas Synagogue, News Network
Estonian boy was allegedly 'Commander' of international neo-Nazi group Feuerkrieg Division
- He called himself "Commander” online. He was said to be the leader of an international neo-Nazi group linked to plots to attack a Las Vegas synagogue and detonate a car bomb at a major US news network. He was also just 13 years old. The boy who led Feuerkrieg...
Are Trying to
Infect 2 Groups
Mar 23, 2020 9:20 AM CDT
FBI: Extremists Are Trying to Infect 2 Groups With Virus
Alert says white supremacists, neo-Nazis are being encouraged to target Jews, cops
- While the world is hunkered down amid the coronavirus pandemic , the Jewish community and cops have an extra concern piled on: extremist groups out to do them harm by "trying to weaponize" the virus, as
puts it. Per an intelligence alert sent Thursday from the FBI's...
'Wants to Watch Us
Tear Ourselves Apart'
Mar 10, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
Official: Russia 'Wants to Watch Us Tear Ourselves Apart'
Kremlin is stoking racial tensions as part of bid to sow discord in election year
- Russia is urging violence by white supremacist and black extremist groups with the goal to sow discord in the US, multiple intelligence officials tell the
New York Times
. The effort to inflame racial tensions is part of a larger bid to influence the presidential election—and, some say, to promote...
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh'
Treatment, Does This to Protest
Feb 26, 2020 9:50 AM CST
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh' Treatment, Does This to Protest
Mass murderer went on hunger strike after he says he was 'targeted by staff' in Indiana federal prison
- In a Feb. 13 letter, mass murderer Dylann Roof told the AP he was "several days" into a hunger strike in protest of "harsh" treatment inside a federal prison in Indiana. The 25-year-old white supremacist said he'd been "targeted by staff," "verbally harassed and...
White Supremacists Are
Major Threat, Says One State
Feb 22, 2020 4:00 PM CST
White Supremacists Are Major Threat, Says One State
New Jersey officials issue a new terrorist-threat report
- Who's the biggest threat in New Jersey? Not al-Qaeda or ISIS. Not anarchists or black separatists. It's white supremacists, according to a terrorist-threat report released Friday by New Jersey Homeland Security officials. "The threat from white supremacist extremists increased from moderate to high in 2020 due to...
2 Died After
Trying to Stop
Now, a Verdict
Feb 22, 2020 5:30 AM CST
2 Died After Trying to Stop His Slurs. Now, a Verdict
Jeremy Christian convicted of murdering 2 men who tried to stop his 2017 tirade on an Ore. train
- A man accused of fatally stabbing two people who prosecutors say tried to stop his racist tirade against two young black women on a Portland, Ore., commuter train was convicted of murder Friday after an emotional trial that featured testimony from both women and the sole survivor of the attack...
'Crying Nazi' Accused of
Sending Threatening Text
Jan 24, 2020 11:33 AM CST
'Crying Nazi' Accused of Sending Threatening Text
White nationalist Christopher Cantwell is being held without bond in New Hampshire
- Christopher Cantwell made a name for himself by popping up in a Vice documentary shot at Charlottesville's violent 2017 Unite the Right rally, followed by getting blocked on Facebook, Instagram, and PayPal. Then things got worse for the white nationalist when he posted a tearful YouTube video in which...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Woman Dies After a Fall on Southwest Airlines' Jet Bridge
Dances With Wolves Actor Arrested in Sex Cult Case
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
Prosecutors: Baldwin Was on His Phone During Gun Training
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.