Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Oct 16, 2016 7:28 AM CDT
Riffs on 'Nightmare' Debate
Trump is not amused
- "Welcome to the second and worst ever presidential debate," intoned Cecily Strong's Martha Raddatz in
Saturday Night Live's
Cold Open, as the show wasted zero time in again trotting out Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon as Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to make hay out of...
Sep 2, 2016 12:05 PM CDT
Clinton-Trump Debate Moderators Are Chosen
Lester Holt, Martha Raddatz, Anderson Cooper, and Chris Wallace will handle them
- The Commission on Presidential Debates is tasked with finding the folks who will moderate the upcoming word wars between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, as well as between their respective VP picks. And the commission has spoken, per ABC News , naming
anchor Lester Holt as the first...
Shows How It's Done
Oct 12, 2012 4:52 AM CDT
Moderator Raddatz Shows How It's Done
ABC correspondent wins wide praise
- As with the Obama-Romney debate, a lot of the post- Biden-Ryan debate talk is focusing on the moderator—but this time they're saying nice things. Martha Raddatz, senior foreign affairs correspondent for ABC, "pursued each man with the vigor of a woman more accustomed to needling foreign leaders...
Watch for Biden to
Come Out Swinging
VP Debate Preview
Oct 11, 2012 7:59 AM CDT
Watch for Biden to Come Out Swinging
But controversy over moderator hangs over proceedings
- There's a whiff of desperation in the air over tonight's vice presidential debate—and a hint of controversy, too. The desperation, of course, comes from the blue team, which is desperate to halt the momentum Mitt Romney gained in the first debate, and expects Joe Biden to be...
Now in Crosshairs:
Oct 2, 2012 10:45 AM CDT
Now in Crosshairs: Debate Moderators
Social media, confrontational candidates turn up heat
- Jim Lehrer has been moderating presidential debates for decades, but lately, it's a lot tougher than it used to be. Candidates have started confronting not just their opponents but the moderators themselves, as Newt Gingrich showed us during the GOP primaries. And the general public can easily hammer chosen...
Popular on Newser
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
'Open Secret' at Chicken Slaughterhouses: Kids at Work
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
In an Unannounced Outing, Carters Attend Plains Festival
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.