Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sydney Flight Turns Back
Over Unruly Passenger
Aug 14, 2023 12:43 PM CDT
Sydney Flight Turns Back Over Unruly Passenger
Man, 45, arrested after threatening to 'blow the plane up'
- A commercial airline flight from Australia to Malaysia returned to Sydney on Monday after an emergency incident, reports the AP . Malaysia Airlines flight MH122 left Sydney Airport at 1:40pm for an eight-hour flight to Kuala Lumpur and landed back on the runway at 3:47pm, Nine News reported. Someone...
Comedian Says Reaction to
MH370 Joke Is 'Ridiculous'
Jun 14, 2023 5:31 PM CDT
Comedian Says Reaction to MH370 Joke Is 'Ridiculous'
Jocelyn Chia says 'edgy' humor was meant for American comedy club audience
- Joceyln Chia says it is "ridiculous" for Malaysian police to get Interpol involved in their investigation of a joke she made about missing flight MH370. The American comedian tells the BBC that she joked about the flight in a New York City comedy club and a clip posted on...
Company Teases New Evidence
of MH370's Location
Mar 10, 2023 4:15 PM CST
Company Teases New Evidence of MH370's Location
US-based Ocean Infinity wants Malaysia's approval to launch another search
- Nine years after Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 vanished over the Indian Ocean, leaving little evidence of its tragic fate, one of the biggest mysteries in aviation continues to baffle, as evidenced by Netflix's new documentary exploring what might have happened to the Boeing 777 along its route from Kuala...
MH370, 5 Years
Later: 'The Riddle
May Not Be Deep'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jun 23, 2019 7:50 AM CDT
MH370, 5 Years Later: 'The Riddle May Not Be Deep'
'Atlantic' follows detective work of 'beachcomber' Blaine Gibson, wonders what Malaysian cops know
- It's been more than five years since Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, and it doesn't seem we're much closer to knowing where it is now than we were immediately after the plane with 239 on board vanished on March 8,...
Aviation Chief Quits Over
Flight That Vanished in 2014
Jul 31, 2018 3:12 AM CDT
Aviation Chief Quits Over Flight That Vanished in 2014
Report on MH370 highlighted Malaysia air traffic control shortcomings
- Malaysia's civil aviation chief said Tuesday he has resigned to take responsibility after an independent investigative report highlighted shortcomings in the air traffic control center during Flight 370's disappearance four years ago. The report released Monday raised the possibility that the jet may have been hijacked even though...
Flight MH370 Probe Reveals
Someone Steered It Off Course
Jul 30, 2018 5:45 PM CDT
Flight MH370 Probe Reveals Someone Steered It Off Course
Four years after the plane vanished, a report offers new insight but few answers
- A newly released report on the mysterious 2014 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 concludes that someone aboard the doomed commercial jet intentionally steered it off course. Per CNN , investigator Kok Soo Chon announced the long-awaited findings at a news conference near Kuala Lumpur on Monday. He said the investigation...
Man Gets 12 Years for
Malaysia Airlines Hoax Bomb
Jun 7, 2018 12:33 AM CDT
Man Gets 12 Years for Malaysia Airlines Hoax Bomb
He forced flight to return to Australia
- An Australian judge sentenced a man to 12 years in prison Thursday for threatening to detonate a fake bomb on a Malaysia Airlines flight , terrifying more than 200 passengers and crew. Manodh Marks, 26, forced the plane to turn back soon after takeoff when he screamed that he had a...
Long Search for MH370
Is Going to End
May 29, 2018 7:19 AM CDT
Long Search for MH370 Is Going to End
Malaysia's new government wants 'closure'
- The question of what on Earth happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 may have to be answered by future generations, if anybody: The search being carried out by American company Ocean Infinity has ended after searching the Indian Ocean seabed for more than three months without a trace of the...
Investigators Link MH17
Disaster to Russian Military
May 24, 2018 6:11 AM CDT
Investigators Link MH17 Disaster to Russian Military
Missile came from Russian military, in military convoy: investigators
- The missile system used to shoot down MH17 over eastern Ukraine four years ago, killing 298 people, came from the Russian military, Dutch investigators revealed Thursday. Investigators previously concluded the Malaysia Airlines flight was shot down on July 17, 2014, by a missile launched by a Russian-made Buk missile system...
Final Report: Mystery of MH370
Oct 3, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
Final Report: Mystery of MH370 'Almost Inconceivable'
ATSB investigators say they 'deeply regret' the Malaysia Airlines plane was never found
- The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was officially nixed in January, and now Australian Transport Safety Bureau investigators have submitted their final report , per the BBC . In it, they say it's "almost inconceivable" that, three and a half years after the Boeing 777 plunged into the water...
Experts Say MH370
Could Be in 1 of 3 Spots
Aug 16, 2017 8:59 AM CDT
Experts Say MH370 Could Be in 1 of 3 Spots
New areas based on 2014 satellite images
- Scientists have potentially narrowed the search area for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 to three specific locations in the southern Indian Ocean through new satellite and drift analysis of the 2014 crash released Wednesday, reports the AP . But the Australian Transport Safety Bureau cautioned that the drift analysis by Australian science...
to Blow Up Plane,
Gets Tied Up
Jun 1, 2017 2:32 AM CDT
Man Threatens to Blow Up Plane, Gets Tied Up by Passengers
Cops say he had an 'amplifier-type' device
- A Malaysia Airlines plane returned to Australia after a mentally ill passenger threatened to detonate a bomb and attempted to enter the cockpit before he was tackled and tied up by passengers, police say. The 25-year-old Sri Lankan man bought a ticket on the late-night flight to Kuala Lumpur after...
'It Just Can't End Like This:'
Search for MH370 Is Over
Jan 17, 2017 6:31 AM CST
'It Just Can't End Like This:' Search for MH370 Is Over
Plane's fate may remain a mystery forever
- The fate of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and the 239 people on board may remain a mystery forever. Malaysian, Australian, and Chinese authorities announced Tuesday that the deep-sea search has ended without finding any trace of the missing plane, Reuters reports. The last vessel has left the search area and...
MH370 in Wrong
Dec 20, 2016 7:53 AM CST
We've Been Searching for MH370 in Wrong Place: Report
Experts believe plane lies north of the search area
- The only boat left searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 isn't likely to find it, experts say. A new report from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau says "there is a high degree of confidence" that the plane that disappeared from radar on March 8, 2014, isn't in...
Dec 13, 2016 9:46 AM CST
Last MH370 Search Boat Departs on Final Mission
It will scan trouble areas for the next month
- A Pennsylvania-sized patch of the Indian Ocean has been combed in a $150 million search effort for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370—and that search is now coming to a close with the mystery still unsolved. The last boat still looking for the plane left the Australian port of Fremantle on...
MH370 Wing Flap
Is Clue to Plane's
Nov 2, 2016 8:05 AM CDT
MH370 Wing Flap Is Clue to Plane's Last Moments
Wing flap likely hadn't been deployed: ATSB report
- A piece of debris holds a big potential clue, or so finds a new report on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau. Of the more than 20 pieces of aircraft debris that have been found since MH370 went down in March 2014, three have been verified...
MH370 Was Crashed
on Purpose: Expert
Aug 1, 2016 7:47 AM CDT
'Definite Evidence' MH370 Was Crashed on Purpose: Expert
Canadian air-crash ace says photos of wing section support 'rogue pilot' theory
- Last week, Australian officials said someone had plotted an Indian Ocean course on the flight simulator belonging to the pilot of missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370. This week, a renowned air-crash expert adds onto that, saying he believes the jet was deliberately brought down into the water, the BBC reports....
MH370 Decision Could
Leave Mystery Unsolved
Jul 22, 2016 4:49 AM CDT
MH370 Decision Could Leave Mystery Unsolved
Search will be suspended once the current search area is exhausted
- The hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 will be suspended once the current search area in the Indian Ocean has been completely scoured, the ministers of the three countries conducting the operation announced Friday, possibly ending all hopes of solving aviation's greatest mystery. In the absence of new evidence,...
2-Year Search for MH370 May Have Been in Wrong Place
Jul 21, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
2-Year Search for MH370 May Have Been in Wrong Place
If it was manned at the end, the search area is totally wrong
- Roughly 15 months ago, Malaysia, China, and Australia decided that if they couldn't find the wreckage of Flight MH370 in the designated search area—a portion of the southern Indian Ocean the size of Greece, reports Reuters —that that would basically be it: no expansion of the area...
Says MH370 May
Never Be Found
May 17, 2016 1:03 AM CDT
Search Chief Says MH370 May Never Be Found
Search is approaching its end with no sign of missing jet
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is one of the biggest mysteries in aviation history—and search authorities now admit there's a strong chance it will forever remain that way. Martin Dolan, head of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, tells the
that with more than 40,000 square miles of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
9-Year-Old's Parents Got Ransom Note After She Vanished
House Votes 216-210 to Oust McCarthy
Pope's Comments on Same-Sex Unions Make Waves
Break in Kidnapping Case: Suspect Dropped Off a Note
Webb Telescope Makes 'Baffling' Discovery
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.