Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Floats Ted Cruz
Jul 18, 2023 10:28 AM CDT
Candidate Ramaswamy Floats Ted Cruz for SCOTUS
Entrepreneur promises to make Supreme Court more conservative if elected
- Biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy has been inching up in the polls in the GOP 2024 race, and he's making headlines again with a list likely to endear him to conservative voters. The 37-year-old released the names of people he would consider for the Supreme Court if elected—including GOP...
After Shooting, Politicians
Argue Prayers vs. Laws
May 7, 2023 2:55 PM CDT
After Shooting, Politicians Argue Prayers vs. Laws
God's in charge, Texas lawmaker says, while advocate counters 'prayers without action are empty'
- A frequent response to mass shootings has been to urge prayers. After the shooting at a Texas mall on Saturday, politicians who repeated that call—including a couple of them who represent the people of Allen—faced a backlash. The area's congressman, Republican Rep. Keith Self called prayer powerful...
Strong Challenger Emerges
for Ted Cruz's Senate Seat
May 2, 2023 2:06 PM CDT
Strong Challenger Emerges for Ted Cruz's Senate Seat
Democratic Rep. Colin Allred will reportedly announce his candidacy soon
- It looks like Ted Cruz will have a serious Democratic challenger on his hands next year. Politico and the
Dallas Morning News
report that Rep. Colin Allred will announce as soon as this week that he intends to run for Cruz's Senate seat in Texas. The 40-year-old is probably...
Ted Cruz's Booze Chucker
Won't Face Charges
Jan 9, 2023 8:19 AM CST
Ted Cruz's Booze Chucker Won't Face Charges
Texas senator was nearly hit in the head by unopened White Claw can
- A guy who threw two unopened cans of alcohol at Ted Cruz won't face charges after all. A grand jury opted not to indict Joseph Halm Arcidiacono for chucking the cans at the senator during a victory parade for the Houston Astros last year, reports the
Trump Are Lying, Cruz Says
Sep 11, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Republicans Dismissing Trump Are Lying, Cruz Says
'The whole world will change' when former president announces whether he'll run, senator argues
- Sen. Ted Cruz is thinking about running for president in 2024 and already seems weary of tough talk from his potential rivals. "There are a lot of candidates out there feeling their oats and boasting, 'I'm running no matter what. I don't care what Donald Trump...
Ted Cruz on 2024: I'll
'Wait and See' if Trump Runs
Aug 7, 2022 6:35 AM CDT
Ted Cruz on 2024: I'll 'Wait and See' if Trump Runs
Texas GOP senator considering another run himself
- The man who finished second to Donald Trump in the GOP primary race of 2016 appears to be deferring to the former president in regard to 2024. "Everyone is going to wait and see what Donald Trump decides and make decisions from there," GOP Sen. Ted Cruz told...
Jul 18, 2022 12:46 PM CDT
Ted Cruz: Supreme Court Wrong on Gay Marriage
Texas senator says justices should have left decision up to the states
- Sen. Ted Cruz has grabbed headlines and sparked a backlash over his opinion about the Supreme Court’s 2015 decision legalizing same-sex marriage . “I think that decision was clearly wrong when it was decided," Cruz said on his “Verdict with Ted Cruz” podcast Sunday, per
Ted Cruz Has Issue With
a 2nd Vaccinated Muppet
Jun 29, 2022 11:33 AM CDT
Ted Cruz Has Issue With a 2nd Vaccinated Muppet
First Big Bird, now Elmo
- Ted Cruz is tangling with
for the second time since November, taking to Twitter to complain about a new video involving Elmo and his dad talking about the younger Muppet's COVID vaccine. In the minute-long video tweeted Tuesday morning by
, Elmo's dad Louie tells...
May 29, 2022 6:01 AM CDT
Ted Cruz Is Confronted at Restaurant
'That's on your hands!' man shouts in Houston eatery, after Cruz's speech to NRA
- Ted Cruz went ahead with his speech to the NRA convention on Friday, and he heard about it that night at a Houston restaurant. A man confronted Cruz at Uptown Sushi, where the senator arrived to eat with his family, reports BuzzFeed . “Why did you come here to the...
Ted Cruz Interview
on Uvalde Doesn't
Go Too Well
May 27, 2022 11:04 AM CDT
Ted Cruz Interview on Uvalde Doesn't Go Too Well
Texas senator storms off after UK reporter asks him why America has so many mass shootings
- Politicians are making the rounds to express their thoughts on Tuesday's mass shooting in Texas that left 21 dead, but Ted Cruz's most recent interview didn't go exactly as planned, at least not from his perspective. After a vigil for the victims on Wednesday, the GOP senator,...
Ted Cruz Scores a Victory
Before the Supreme Court
May 16, 2022 12:06 PM CDT
Ted Cruz Scores a Victory Before the Supreme Court
Case involves obscure part of campaign finance law
- The Supreme Court on Monday sided with Sen. Ted Cruz in his challenge to a provision of federal campaign finance law, per the AP . The justices, in a 6-3 decision that divided the court along ideological lines, declared that the somewhat obscure section of the law violates the Constitution. Chief...
Ted Cruz Inadvertently Boosts
Sales of Books He Opposes
Mar 25, 2022 8:07 AM CDT
Ted Cruz Inadvertently Boosts Sales of Books He Opposes
'End of Policing' rises to No. 1 in its Amazon category
- When Ted Cruz grilled Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson during her Senate confirmation hearing this week, he held up a few books as props. He displayed them as examples of what he views as far-left extremism, but the gesture appears to have had the unintended effect of boosting sales,...
Ted Cruz Enters the Fray
Over Supreme Court Pick
Feb 1, 2022 11:08 AM CST
Ted Cruz Enters the Fray Over Supreme Court Pick
Senator calls Biden's plan to limit candidates to Black females 'offensive,' an 'insult'
- The general consensus in DC is that President Biden will be able to get his nominee on the Supreme Court without the usual scorched-earth fight of recent confirmations. But even if that proves to be the case, some political fireworks are inevitable. The Hill , for example, expects Republican Sens. Ted...
to Cruz: 'I
Guess I Just Don't
Jan 7, 2022 12:34 PM CST
Tucker Carlson to Cruz: 'I Guess I Just Don't Believe You'
Senator walks back his 'terrorist' description of Jan. 6 riot, but Fox host doesn't buy it
- On the eve of the anniversary of the Capitol riot this week, Ted Cruz described it as "a violent terrorist attack." On Thursday night, the GOP senator tried to walk back his use of the word "terrorist" during a grilling by Tucker Carlson on Fox News. Carlson,...
After Mixing Up US,
Dec 31, 2021 8:00 AM CST
Cruz Rants Against 'Killjoys' After Mixing Up US, Australian States
He thought dancing ban was in Washington state, not Western Australia
- Sen. Ted Cruz deleted a tweet after mixing up Washington state and another WA—Western Australia. The Republican senator retweeted a screenshot in which a WA Government account confirmed that dancing was banned at all New Year's events, PerthNow reports. "Blue-state Dems are power-drunk authoritarian kill-joys," wrote...
Cruz Slams Library of Congress'
New Term for 'Illegal Aliens'
Nov 19, 2021 6:43 AM CST
Cruz Slams Library of Congress' New Term for 'Illegal Aliens'
Texas senator blasts LOC for 'politically motivated' swap of term for 'noncitizens'
- Ted Cruz has no problem with the term "illegal alien," and he's miffed that the Library of Congress is moving away from it. Per the Hill , the GOP senator from Texas, along with Republican Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana, penned a nearly five-page-long letter Wednesday to the...
The Right Is Outraged Over
Big Bird's Take on Vaccines
Nov 9, 2021 12:35 AM CST
The Right Is Outraged Over Big Bird's Take on Vaccines
'Sesame Street' characters get vaccinated against COVID-19
- It's conservatives vs.
: Some on the right are decidedly unhappy with the stance the children's television show has taken on the coronavirus vaccine. "I got the COVID-19 vaccine today!" tweeted the account for the character of Big Bird, who is depicted as a 6-year-old,...
Here Are the Big Cases
SCOTUS Will Hear This Term
Oct 4, 2021 11:31 AM CDT
Here Are the Big Cases SCOTUS Will Hear This Term
Abortion, gun rights, state secrets are on the docket
- The Supreme Court has begun a momentous new term, back in the courtroom after a nearly 19-month absence because of the coronavirus pandemic. Eight of the nine justices took the bench at 10am Monday for the first arguments of the new term. Justice Brett Kavanaugh is participating remotely from his...
Stays Out of
Jun 17, 2021 5:40 PM CDT
Cruz Hopes McConaughey Stays Out of Texas Race
A 'charming, affable movie star' can be a force in a race, senator concedes
- Matthew McConaughey would have plenty going for him in a Texas campaign for governor, Sen. Ted Cruz acknowledged Thursday. "He's a movie star," Cruz said, "and a good-looking, charming, affable movie star can be a really formidable candidate on the ballot." That doesn't mean...
Ted Cruz Courts Controversy
With Tweet About 'Woke' Army
May 21, 2021 1:45 PM CDT
Ted Cruz Courts Controversy With Tweet About 'Woke' Army
Senator criticized over his complaint about 'emasculated' US military
- Ted Cruz has stirred up controversy again, this time over an Army ad and his view that left-leaning advocates are turning soldiers into "pansies." But he's getting a lot of pushback about that. Coverage:
This all began when Cruz commented on a TikTok video that purports to
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Dianne Feinstein Is Dead at 90
House Approves Amendment to Make Defense Secretary's Salary $1
Woman Has Struggled to Prove She's Not Dead for 16 Years
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.