Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
I Don't Want
My Kids to See
Sep 10, 2023 3:05 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper: I Don't Want My Kids to See My Sadness
CNN host dives deep into his personal losses and grief in interview with 'New York Times'
- If anyone understands grief, it's Anderson Cooper. The 56-year-old CNN anchor lost his father, Wyatt, when he was 10 to a heart attack, then his older brother, Carter, to suicide when they were both in their 20s. His mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, died in 2019 at the age of 95....
CNN Has Landed on Its CEO
Aug 30, 2023 8:10 AM CDT
CNN Has Landed on Its CEO
Former 'New York Times' CEO Mark Thompson will join network in October
- CNN has landed on its turnaround solution: Mark Thompson has been selected as the new CEO of the network, which he'll officially join on Oct. 9. It's a position he held from 2012 to 2020 at the
New York Times
, having made major strides in building its robust...
CNN Makes a Big Overhaul
Aug 14, 2023 11:15 AM CDT
CNN Makes a Big Overhaul
Lineup changes mean weeknights are mostly run by women; Amanpour, Wallace head to weekends
- CNN is making dramatic changes to its lineup, announcing Monday that it's giving Abby Phillip and Laura Coates new weeknight shows and launching new weekend programs with Christiane Amanpour and Chris Wallace. Virtually no part of the day goes unchanged in the revamp, the AP reports, as the network...
Judge Tosses Trump's CNN Suit
Jul 29, 2023 4:30 PM CDT
Judge Tosses Trump's CNN Suit
$475 million defamation lawsuit against CNN, Ruling calls 'Big Lie' usage repugnant but not defamatory
- Donald Trump's lawsuit arguing that CNN likened the former president to Adolf Hitler in its coverage of false 2020 election fraud claims has come to an end. The defamation suit said that on-air use of the term "Big Lie" harmed Trump. US District Judge Raag Singhal dismissed the...
Former CNN Producer
Sentenced to Almost 20 Years
Jun 20, 2023 5:57 PM CDT
Former CNN Producer Sentenced to Almost 20 Years
John Griffin sexually assaulted 9-year-old girl
- A former CNN television producer who had pleaded guilty to luring a 9-year-old girl into illegal sexual acts was sentenced Tuesday to more than 19 years in prison and an additional 15 years of supervised release during a US District Court hearing in Vermont. John Griffin of Stamford, Connecticut, pleaded...
Christie Goes Hard on Trump at
Town Hall: 'Loser, Loser, Loser!'
Jun 13, 2023 7:56 AM CDT
Christie Goes Hard on Trump at Town Hall: 'Loser, Loser, Loser!'
On CNN, ex-NJ governor calls GOP presidential rival 'vengeful,' compares him to Voldemort
- The Chris Christie of 2016 (and even 2019 ) is much different than the Chris Christie of 2023 —at least when it comes to how he feels about former President Trump. "Loser, loser, loser!" is how the former New Jersey governor now depicts Trump, just one of...
CEO Chris Licht
Is Out at CNN
Jun 7, 2023 8:15 AM CDT
CEO Chris Licht Is Out at CNN
News exec was the subject of a devastating magazine profile
- Chris Licht could not survive his brutal week . The CEO of CNN has resigned from his post after 13 months, Axios reports. Licht himself confirmed the news to the outlet after it was first reported by Puck . Licht has been reeling from the fallout of a scathing profile of him...
Jun 5, 2023 10:35 AM CDT
His Job Security Shaky, CNN's Boss Apologizes
Network CEO's job appears to be in jeopardy after scathing profile in 'Atlantic'
- CNN chief Chris Licht had such a bad weekend that some thought he might tender his resignation when addressing the staff Monday morning. Instead, the 51-year-old offered an apology and vowed to earn back the trust of people he let down, reports CNBC . The controversy stems from an in-depth profile...
Jun 3, 2023 5:05 PM CDT
CNN Boss Chris Licht Is Under Siege
'Atlantic' profile provides deep look at network goings-on
- Already the talk of the industry—and not necessarily in a good way—CNN chief executive Chris Licht now has to share control of the organization. David Leavy has been named chief operating officer of the network, CNBC reports. Leavy is a longtime ally and confidant of David Zaslav, the...
Trump's Next Town Hall
Won't Go Out Live
May 26, 2023 10:08 AM CDT
Trump's Next Town Hall Won't Go Out Live
June 1 event in Iowa will be hosted by Fox's Sean Hannity
- Former President Trump is following up his CNN town hall event with one on another network he often maligns—Fox News. The network says the frontrunner for the 2024 GOP nomination will join host Sean Hannity for a town hall in Iowa on Thursday, the Hill reports. The network says...
May 15, 2023 8:28 AM CDT
Mid-Show Pep Talk May Have Helped Trump
Axios reports he was shown tweets from angry critics during CNN town hall commercial break
- Axios points out that former President Trump became increasingly aggressive as last week's town hall on CNN progressed, and the outlet thinks it knows why. Mike Allen reports that aide Jason Miller showed Trump real-time tweets from angry critics at the first commercial break, and it apparently inspired...
May 12, 2023 12:50 PM CDT
The Lesson for Journalists From Trump's Town Hall
Go with taped interviews, not live events, suggests media writer Jack Shafer at Politico
- CNN has taken lots and lots of criticism for its town hall with former President Trump, usually along the lines of, "That wasn't journalism, it was a Trump rally." In a Politico essay, media writer Jack Shafer would like everyone to calm down. "Enough with the...
2 Polar Opposites Defend
CNN's Town Hall With Trump
May 12, 2023 9:05 AM CDT
2 Polar Opposites Defend CNN's Town Hall With Trump
Trump himself says network 'did the right thing'; CNN's Anderson Cooper takes heat for his defense
- Criticism on CNN's contentious town hall with former President Trump continues to bubble up , including frustration from inside CNN and backlash against CEO Chris Licht, who has come out in defense of how Wednesday night's broadcast went. Trump himself is now praising the network, telling Fox News...
CNN Chief Defends
Trump's Town Hall
May 11, 2023 2:54 PM CDT
CNN Chief Defends Trump's Town Hall
The event was a ratings hit, with 3.1M viewers tuning in
- CNN was taking a lot of flak Thursday for its town hall with Donald Trump, but this much is clear: It was a ratings success. The prime-time forum drew 3.1 million viewers, enough to make it No. 1 among the cable news networks for the night, reports Axios . That...
Trump Played a
CNN Town Hall
May 11, 2023 6:03 AM CDT
Trump Played a 'Steamroller' at CNN Town Hall
CNN 'effectively gave America a primetime Trump rally'
- Supporters and detractors of former President Trump don't agree on much, but many on both sides believe the CNN town hall event Wednesday was a good night for him. During 70 minutes in front of a Trump-friendly audience in New Hampshire, Trump repeated his lies about the 2020 election...
a 'Nasty Person'
May 11, 2023 12:07 AM CDT
Trump Calls CNN Moderator Kaitlan Collins a 'Nasty Person'
Former POTUS lies about 2020 election, disparages E. Jean Carroll in town hall
- During a contentious CNN town hall Wednesday night, former President Trump dug in on his lies about the 2020 election, downplayed the violence of Jan. 6, 2021, and repeatedly insulted the woman whom a civil jury this week found him liable of sexually abusing and defaming, the AP reports. (He...
Trump's Town Hall Could Be
a Minefield for Him ... and CNN
May 10, 2023 8:13 AM CDT
Trump's Town Hall Could Be a Minefield for Him ... and CNN
Candidate will appear in a live town hall at 8pm ET Wednesday
- Former President Trump will appear in a live CNN town hall on Wednesday night—marking his first appearance in seven years on the network he has derided as "fake," and one that comes a day after he was found liable for sexual battery and defamation in the E....
In a Surprise,
Drop by CNN
May 2, 2023 7:46 AM CDT
In a Surprise, Trump Will Drop by CNN
Former president agrees to participate in a town hall next week
- A presidential candidate agreeing to participate in a network's town hall is not typically news. In this case, however, the candidate is former President Trump and the network is CNN, which he has regularly derided as "fake." Next week's appearance will be his first in seven...
Tucker Carlson's New Texting
Buddy? Don Lemon
Apr 30, 2023 8:20 AM CDT
Tucker Carlson's New Texting Buddy? Don Lemon
Brian Stelter reports on the aftermath of their firings for 'Vanity Fair'
- Tucker Carlson frequently trashed Don Lemon on his Fox show, and Lemon returned the favor at CNN. Now that both men have been fired , a strange thing has happened, reports Brian Stelter at
. The two have been texting each other for the first time. It's not exactly...
Newsmax Viewership Triples
in Carlson's Old Timeslot
Apr 28, 2023 9:18 AM CDT
Newsmax Viewership Triples in Carlson's Old Timeslot
MSNBC steals Fox's ratings title in 8pm ET hour
- Viewers who flocked to Fox News to watch Tucker Carlson in the 8pm ET hour appear to now be looking elsewhere.
Fox News Tonight
with Brian Kilmeade drew just 1.33 million viewers Wednesday night—down from 2.59 million on Monday and 1.7 million on Tuesday—topped by...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
Redwoods Surprise Scientists With a Survival Tactic
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Ukrainian Sniper Claims World Record
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.