Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Super Bowl commercials
11 of the Best
Super Bowl Ads
and One of the Worst
Feb 13, 2023 6:56 AM CST
11 of the Best Super Bowl Ads and One of the Worst
The commercials during the big game did not disappoint
- Super Bowl Sunday is about more than just the game , the halftime show , and the inevitable controversial call that will be debated for days: It's also about, of course, the commercials. The Athletic and the
New York Post
are among the many outlets running down the best and worst...
Fox Says There's Big Change
in Super Bowl Ads This Year
Feb 6, 2023 2:35 PM CST
Fox Says There's Big Change in Super Bowl Ads This Year
Exactly zero ads for crypto, while Anheuser-Busch no longer is sole alcohol advertiser
- The hottest advertising ticket in town is officially sold out. Fox said Monday that in-game ads for Super Bowl LVII have all been sold. The game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Philadelphia Eagles is Sunday, with advertisers jockeying to get their products in front of the more than...
Was Indeed a
Super Bowl Ad Stunt
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 4, 2023 12:10 PM CST
M&M's Brouhaha Was Indeed a Super Bowl Ad Stunt
No, the spokescandies are not actually being replaced because they're too 'woke'
- When M&Ms announced it would be replacing its "spokescandies" with Maya Rudolph because the candies had become too controversial, some bemoaned the fact that the candy company was apparently giving in to the likes of Tucker Carlson, who complained about the spokescandies being too "woke" after they...
Jan 24, 2023 12:21 AM CST
M&Ms Dropping 'Spokescandies,' Going With Maya Rudolph
Hmmm, could this all be a Super Bowl ad-related stunt? We wonder...
- A year ago, M&Ms sparked a bit of a controversy when it gave its "spokescandies" a makeover that Tucker Carlson complained was too woke . Among other things, for example, the green M&M's iconic high-heeled go-go boots were replaced with sneakers, a change that prompted much wailing...
Will Try to Kick
Field Goal in Live
Super Bowl Ad
Jan 9, 2023 2:03 PM CST
Gronkowski Will Try to Kick Field Goal in Live Super Bowl Ad
It's a stunt for the betting site FanDuel
- The Super Bowl commercial teasers have begun. A notable one on Monday from betting site FanDuel previews a unique stunt that will take place during the actual game: Retired star Rob Gronkowski will attempt to kick a field goal during a live ad that will run during the third quarter,...
7 Super Bowl Ads
Taking the Internet by Storm
Feb 14, 2022 6:14 AM CST
7 Super Bowl Ads Taking the Internet by Storm
Including reunions for both the Sopranos and the Dr. Evil crew
- Things people are talking about Sunday night: the winners of Super Bowl LVI, the halftime show performers (and surprise guests), the pre-game singers (and an awkward mix-up on NBC's part), and—of course—the ads. Here are seven getting particular attention, which you can also watch in our gallery:...
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad
After Springsteen DWI Charge
Feb 11, 2021 12:12 AM CST
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad After Springsteen DWI Charge
Ad is on pause until facts are established
- The Jeep ad featuring Bruce Springsteen that aired during the Super Bowl has now been pulled from the brand's social media following news of the rocker's November arrest on a DWI charge . While it "would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter...
24 of the Best Super Bowl Ads
Feb 8, 2021 5:01 AM CST
24 of the Best Super Bowl Ads
Including a 5-second spot from Reddit
- This year's Super Bowl may have been a little bit different thanks to the coronavirus pandemic (a lot of the "fans" in attendance were cardboard ), but one thing remained the same: the commercials were great. View some of the best in our gallery, or visit CNET and...
Is This the Worst
Feb 8, 2021 12:12 AM CST
Is This the Worst Super Bowl Commercial of 2021?
Or maybe Oatly actually ran the best one?
- There were some awesome Super Bowl commercials Sunday night, and then ... there was Oatly. Featuring the CEO of the oat milk company, Toni Petersson, in a field singing and playing along to a song he wrote about oat milk, BuzzFeed calls it "either the worst or best thing we'...
Most Talked About
Super Bowl Ads
Feb 3, 2020 6:23 AM CST
This Year's Most Talked About Super Bowl Ads
Mr. Peanut is apparently alive
- This year's Super Bowl featured dueling ads from President Trump and Michael Bloomberg—but there was a lot more buzz around Mr. Peanut. In a commercial that features in numerous lists of both the best and worst ads from the big game, mourners, including fellow mascots Mr. Clean and...
Dead at 104
Jan 22, 2020 2:08 PM CST
Planters' Mr. Peanut Dead at 104
His funeral will be held in the form of a Super Bowl ad
- "It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that Mr. Peanut has died at 104. In the ultimate selfless act, he sacrificed himself to save his friends when they needed him most. Please pay your respects with #RIPeanut." That's the official word from the Twitter account of...
CBS Refuses to Air Medical Pot
Ad During Super Bowl
Jan 22, 2019 1:48 PM CST
CBS Refuses to Air Medical Pot Ad During Super Bowl
Says current network broadcast standards do not allow it
- Even John Boehner's backing apparently wasn't enough to convince CBS to accept a medical marijuana ad during the Super Bowl. Acreage Holdings, the cannabis company for which the former House speaker is a board member , says it sent the network a rough outline of the proposed commercial and...
Hilarious Super Bowl
Feb 3, 2017 11:19 AM CST
Melissa McCarthy's Hilarious Super Bowl Ad Debuts
Kia ad features actress trying to save the world
- Melissa McCarthy's efforts to save the planet don't go over so well (for her, at least) in a new Super Bowl ad from Kia. The spot, which
reports is promoting Kia's eco-friendly 2017 Niro crossover, features McCarthy trying to save the whales, the trees, the...
on Samuel L.
Feb 11, 2014 8:40 AM CST
Anchor Goofs on Samuel L. Jackson's Identity
While interviewing Jackson. Awkward.
- Things got a bit uncomfortable yesterday when KTLA anchor Sam Rubin, interviewing Samuel L. Jackson, got the actor mixed up with Laurence Fishburne. "Did you get a lot of reaction from that Super Bowl commercial?" Rubin asked Jackson, apparently referring to a Fishburne-starring,
-themed Kia commercial. "What Super...
Erupt Over Coke's
Feb 3, 2014 1:41 PM CST
Conservatives Erupt Over Coke's Multicultural Ad
Responses to Super Bowl commercial ring out
- Hoo boy. Coca-Cola ran a Super Bowl commercial featuring "America the Beautiful" being sung in English, Arabic, Spanish, and other languages, and not everyone is pleased:
The song is "a deeply Christian patriotic anthem whose theme is unity," writes Michael Patrick Leahy for Breitbart , pointing out that
With Oxfam Over
Super Bowl Ad
Jan 30, 2014 9:20 AM CST
ScarJo Splits With Oxfam Over Super Bowl Ad
Humanitarian organization not cool with SodaStream commercial
- Oxfam International says Scarlett Johansson's support of an Israeli company operating in the West Bank was incompatible with her role as an Oxfam Global Ambassador. Oxfam's statement followed Johansson's announcement yesterday that she was resigning her Oxfam role, which she held for 8 years , because of a...
Happy 30th Birthday,
Apple's '1984' Commercial*
Jan 22, 2014 6:53 PM CST
Happy 30th Birthday, Apple's '1984' Commercial*
*Unless you count the airing in Idaho a few weeks earlier
- This time of year, it's not unusual for someone to bring up Apple's Super Bowl ad from 1984, usually with the word "iconic" attached. But this year—today, in fact—the attention is especially appropriate, because it's the 30th anniversary, notes the Huffington Post . Well, mostly,...
Farmer Ad Was a
Super Bowl Ad Stories
Feb 4, 2013 1:42 PM CST
Farmer Ad Was a YouTube Remake
And more fallout from last night's Super Bowl ads
- People are still talking about the ads that aired during last night's Super Bowl. Here are some of the stories that caught our eye:
Dodge's show-stopping "God Made a Farmer" looked awfully familiar to David Haglund at Slate : It's nearly identical to a Farms.com ad
GM Won't Buy Ads
in Next Super Bowl
May 18, 2012 5:06 PM CDT
GM Won't Buy Ads in Next Super Bowl
It's too expensive, says marketing chief
- Maybe Facebook shouldn't feel too bad that GM is dropping its paid ads from the site: The automaker isn't buying any Super Bowl spots next year, either, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. GM, usually a heavy presence in the big game, says the price of the ads—currently...
Popular on Newser
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
Liz Cheney Recounts 4 Words From Her Father
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.