Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Baby's First Appearance:
in Freeway's Carpool Lane
Nov 11, 2022 11:03 AM CST
Baby's First Appearance: in Freeway's Carpool Lane
It all went relatively smoothly, to Ally and Jeffrey Kiyomura's relief
- Ally Kiyomura's contractions were four minutes apart when husband Jeffrey began driving her to a California hospital for the birth of their baby girl. He was sure they had time to get there. Ally soon realized they did not. As KNBC reports, the baby was born in the carpool...
Suit: She Gave Birth on
Jail Cell Floor as Staff Laughed
Sep 28, 2022 12:46 PM CDT
Suit: She Gave Birth on Jail Cell Floor as Staff Laughed
Jazmin Valentine alleges she was ignored during her 6-hour labor
- A woman who said she was left to give birth to her baby alone on the dirty, concrete floor of her jail cell in Maryland filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday alleging that jail nurses ignored her screams and pleas for help for six hours. Jazmin Valentine alleges some nurses working...
Median Age for
in US Hits
May 9, 2022 8:03 AM CDT
Median Age for Giving Birth in US Hits Record High
It's now 30, according to US Census Bureau
- For Allyson Jacobs, life in her 20s and 30s was about focusing on her career in health care and enjoying the social scene in New York City. It wasn't until she turned 40 that she and her husband started trying to have children. They had a son when she...
Racism at LA Hospital
Killed Black Mom: Suit
May 5, 2022 8:42 AM CDT
Racism at LA Hospital Killed Black Mom: Suit
Charles Johnson files civil rights suit over death of wife Kira, who died hours after c-section
- A Black couple walked into Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on April 12, 2016 for what they thought would be "the happiest day of our lives." Instead, just 12 hours after giving birth to the couple's second son during a remarkably fast Cesarean section, Kira Dixon...
Ronaldo, Partner Share
Apr 18, 2022 5:01 PM CDT
Ronaldo, Partner Share Devastating News
Soccer star says newborn twin died
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez revealed publicly in December that the twins they were expecting were a boy and a girl. On Monday, they announced that the newborn boy has passed away, calling their loss "the greatest pain that any parents can feel," Page Six reports. "...
Serena Asked for
Was Told She Was
Apr 8, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Serena Asked for Lifesaving Help, Was Told She Was Talking 'Crazy'
Tennis star describes advocating for herself in 'Elle'
- Serena Williams has previously opened up about almost dying following the 2017 birth of her daughter, but never before like this. The tennis star describes the horror of four surgeries in a week in a nearly 2,500-word essay in the April edition of
magazine. An emergency C-section , triggered...
15 Months After
His Daughter Is Born
Oct 29, 2021 12:34 PM CDT
15 Months After Olympian's Death, His Daughter Is Born
Alex Pullin's widow gave birth to Minnie Alex in Australia through IVF procedure
- Fifteen months after the sudden death of Olympic gold medalist Alex "Chumpy" Pullin, his newborn daughter has arrived. The Australian snowboarder's widow, Ellidy Pullin, on Thursday announced the birth of Minnie Alex, conceived through in vitro fertilization. "Your Dad and I have been dreaming of you for...
Hilary Duff Shares Photos of
Home Birth, Puppy Pads and All
Jul 14, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Hilary Duff Shares Photos of Home Birth, Puppy Pads and All
Singer-actor welcomed third child, daughter Mae, in March
star Hilary Duff welcomed her third child in March and is now sharing with fans how it happened, with a co-star along for the ride. In a Tuesday post on Instagram , Duff shared intimate photos of the home birth of daughter Mae James Bair in Los Angeles, showing the...
Reversing Childbirth Policies
Jun 18, 2021 3:35 PM CDT
China Considers Reversing Childbirth Policies
Leaders may go from limiting family size to encouraging population growth
- After being told by their government for more than 40 years how many children they can have, the people of China are close to regaining the freedom to decide themselves. The trends in population and birth rate are so worrisome to the nation's rulers that they're working on...
This Might Be the World's
First Birth of Decuplets
Jun 10, 2021 2:30 PM CDT
This Might Be the World's First Birth of Decuplets
Guinness investigating claim of 10-baby birth in South Africa
- You know it's been an eventful day in the delivery room when Guinness World Records tells the BBC it is investigating. The reason? Just one month after a woman from Mali gave birth to nonuplets , or nine children at once, a South African woman claims to have one-upped her....
Woman Gives Birth to
9 Babies. At One Time
May 5, 2021 11:05 AM CDT
Woman Gives Birth to 9 Babies. At One Time
Malian woman gives birth to nonuplets in Morocco
- If all goes well, Halima Cisse should be able to field an entire baseball team with all nine children she gave birth to on Tuesday. The 25-year-old Malian woman had expected to deliver seven babies, based on an ultrasound. In a surprise, she instead gave birth to nonuplets in Morocco,...
It Was a 'Miracle' Birth. The
Mother Knew Nothing of It
Nov 19, 2020 11:10 AM CST
It Was a 'Miracle' Birth. The Mother Knew Nothing of It
Perpetual Uke praises medical science for delivery of twins while in coma
- Perpetual Uke was 26 weeks pregnant when her twins were delivered by cesarean section at a hospital in Birmingham, England. She didn't meet them for a month. Diagnosed with COVID-19, the rheumatology consultant had been taken to the hospital, placed on a ventilator in the ICU, and then put...
After 14 Boys,
It's a Girl
Nov 6, 2020 2:14 PM CST
After 14 Boys, It's a Girl
Michigan couple welcomes 15th child, who broke their streak
- A Michigan couple whose large family attracted attention by growing to include 14 sons has welcomed their first daughter nearly three decades after the birth of their first child. Kateri Schwandt gave birth Thursday to Maggie Jayne, who weighed in at 7 pounds, 8 ounces, the AP reports, and entered...
This Pit Stop Wasn't in
Pregnant Woman's Birth Plan
Oct 30, 2020 2:48 PM CDT
This Pit Stop Wasn't in Pregnant Woman's Birth Plan
Florida woman in labor made husband stop so she could vote on their way to hospital
- "Florida Woman" definitely trumps "Florida Man"—at least in the case of a pregnant woman in Orange County who wasn't about to miss her chance to vote in this election. While some people have flown hundreds of miles to exercise their right to vote, this unidentified...
Woman Starts Bar Exam,
Has Baby, Finishes Bar Exam
Oct 11, 2020 10:30 AM CDT
Woman Starts Bar Exam, Has Baby, Finishes Bar Exam
Brianna Hill was 30 minutes into test when labor began
- Brianna Hill said being in the middle of her bar exam kept her mind off being in labor, though it could just as easily have worked the other way around. The recent law school grad, 38 weeks pregnant, was taking the first part of the Illinois State Bar exam at...
Jul 14, 2020 12:40 PM CDT
Newborn Infected With COVID in Womb
It's the first confirmed case, but baby is OK
- French doctors have recorded what they say is the first known case of a baby contracting the novel coronavirus in the womb. The child, born to a mother who'd tested positive for COVID-19, had brain inflammation linked to the virus, which passed into the infant's bloodstream through placenta,...
May 15, 2020 11:36 AM CDT
Mask Does Unusual Double Duty at Birth
Very new father used it to tie off umbilical cord
- A mask came in handy as a woman gave birth outside a hospital in Louisville, Kentucky, over the weekend. The mother wasn't wearing it, though. Rather, the baby's father used it to bind the umbilical cord, reports the
. Sarah and David Patrick had rushed to Baptist Health...
She's 68, He's 77.
Meet Their New Twins
Apr 23, 2020 9:45 AM CDT
She's 68, He's 77. Meet Their New Twins
Nigeria's Margaret and Noah Adenuga have babies via IVF, nearly 50 years after they started trying
- A Nigerian woman has become a first-time mother at age 68. Margaret Adenuga—perhaps the oldest first-time mother in Africa, per the
—underwent three in vitro fertilization procedures before finding success with her fourth. She and husband Noah Adenuga, 77, then welcomed twins at the Lagos University Teaching...
From a Woman's
Coma, a Birth
Apr 14, 2020 8:48 AM CDT
From a Woman's Coronavirus Coma, a Birth
'All of a sudden I didn't have my belly anymore'
- A woman in Washington state awoke from a medically induced coma to learn that not only had she survived COVID-19—she'd also given birth. Angela Primachenko, a 27-year-old respiratory therapist from Vancouver, was 33 weeks pregnant, with a fever and other symptoms, when she was tested for the novel...
Moms-to-Be React to Virus
Ban: 'So Much Anxiety Now'
Mar 24, 2020 3:33 PM CDT
Moms-to-Be React to Virus Ban: 'So Much Anxiety Now'
2 major NYC health care systems ban partners, other support people in hospital delivery rooms
- An outcry has emerged after two major hospital systems in the New York City area have enacted strict policies on who can accompany a mom-to-be into the delivery room during the coronavirus outbreak—notably, no one except medical staff. In a move that Dr. Dena Goffman, chief of obstetrics at...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Someone Is Hiding Razor Blades in Gas Pump Handles
Tyre Nichols Video Is Released
'Best for Everyone That They Move On'
He's 45, Spending Millions to Have an 18-Year-Old's Organs
3 Dead, 4 Hurt After Another California Mass Shooting
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.