Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jul 11, 2023 10:50 AM CDT
Apolitical Guy Fieri Is Suddenly Political
Although it's unintentional, as a photo of him with Donald Trump creates a ruckus online
- Generally speaking, celebrity chef Guy Fieri has never been one to mix politics with his food. As Matt Schimkowitz wrote for the AV Club in a 2021 profile, "the vagueness in Fieri's political beliefs has allowed fans to project whatever they want onto him." Which is part...
Rogan, Musk, RFK Jr. Zero In
on One Vaccine Scientist
Jun 19, 2023 11:11 AM CDT
Rogan, Musk, RFK Jr. Zero In on One Vaccine Scientist
Dr. Peter Hotez of Houston says he's being 'stalked'
- Anthony Fauci has long been public enemy No. 1 in the eyes of vaccine opponents. With Fauci retired, it appears that a vaccine scientist in Houston might be assuming the unwanted role. The scientist is Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of...
Claim on Joe Rogan Podcast
Sparks a 'Bone Rush' in NYC
Jan 17, 2023 11:39 AM CST
Claim on Joe Rogan Podcast Sparks a 'Bone Rush' in NYC
Gold miner John Reeves says mammoth bones were dumped in East River in the 1940s
- Ask people what you might find buried in the muck at the bottom of New York City's East River and they'd likely say "mob boss" before thinking of mammoth bones. But several groups of treasure hunters have taken to the waterway in recent weeks after hearing a...
Jan 6, 2023 6:33 AM CST
Doctor Harassed After Rogan Promotes Fake Tweet
Podcaster has since apologized for his part over post that spread misinformation on COVID vaccine
- Earlier this year, amid backlash on his conversations about COVID and climate change, Joe Rogan insisted he was "not trying to promote misinformation" on his popular Spotify podcast. This week, however, he found himself apologizing for doing just that, after he promoted a fake tweet that brought harassment upon...
Aug 25, 2022 2:00 PM CDT
Meghan Markle Dethrones Joe Rogan Atop Spotify
Her new podcast is No. 1 on the platform's charts
- Joe Rogan has been king of the Spotify podcast charts for most of three years, but those charts now have a ruling queen instead. Meghan Markle was No. 1 on the platform's rankings Thursday, two days after the debut of her
podcast, reports The List .
The Joe Rogan
Jul 7, 2022 5:45 PM CDT
Joe Rogan Distances Himself From Trump
Podcaster says he's not interested in helping the 'polarizing' former president
- There's wide overlap among supporters of controversial podcaster Joe Rogan and former President Trump, notes the
New York Times
. Which is why comments Rogan made this week as a guest on the Lex Fridman podcast are generating headlines.
"I'm not a Trump supporter in any way, shape
Report: Spotify's Rogan Deal
Worth Far More Than $100M
Feb 18, 2022 4:58 AM CST
Report: Spotify's Rogan Deal Worth Far More Than $100M
Sources say it was worth at least $200M
- When Joe Rogan signed a multiyear deal with Spotify in 2020, industry insiders estimated it was worth around $100 million—a record for the podcasting industry and a pay rise for a man who was already the world's highest-earning podcaster. Sources tell the
New York Times
and Pitchfork that...
Feb 9, 2022 1:16 AM CST
Joe Rogan Addresses Spotify Drama on Podcast
Calls the controversy a 'political hit job'
- Joe Rogan addressed the Spotify controversy he remains embroiled in ... on his Spotify podcast Tuesday. "This is a political hit job," he said while discussing the video of him using the n-word multiple times in the past with his guest, comic Akaash Singh. "They’re taking all...
Joe Rogan Offered
$100M to Quit Spotify
Feb 7, 2022 4:43 PM CST
Joe Rogan Offered $100M to Quit Spotify
'We are ready to fight alongside you,' Rumble CEO Chris Pavlovski tells podcaster
- If Joe Rogan is getting tired of apologizing for the contents of his podcasts, he might be tempted by an offer from video-sharing platform Rumble. The right-wing Canadian site is trying to lure Rogan away from Spotify with a $100 million deal, per the
Joe Rogan Experience
After N-Word Controversy,
Spotify Still Backing Joe Rogan
Feb 7, 2022 2:11 AM CST
After N-Word Controversy, Spotify Still Backing Joe Rogan
Podcaster had already apologized
Following the latest Joe Rogan controversy, Spotify is still standing by the podcaster. The streaming company's CEO said in a letter to employees released Sunday that he "strongly condemn[s]" Rogan's use of the n-word, but that "silencing Joe is not the answer." He said...
Spotify, Joe Rogan
Is a 'Mistake'
Feb 4, 2022 12:01 AM CST
Jon Stewart: Drama Over Spotify, Joe Rogan Is a 'Mistake'
Don't 'censor' him, 'engage,' Stewart advises
- Don't count Jon Stewart among those deleting Spotify over its continued hosting of Joe Rogan's podcast. The former
host defended Rogan on Thursday on his own podcast,
The Problem With Jon Stewart
, Mediaite reports. Rather than attempting to "censor" Rogan, Stewart advised critics of his...
Amid Joe Rogan Drama, 'Delete
Spotify' Shows Up on Spotify
Feb 1, 2022 1:28 AM CST
Amid Joe Rogan Drama, 'Delete Spotify' Shows Up on Spotify
The band Belly puts image on its homepage
- Listen to Belly on Spotify, and you'll be met with an interesting message (at least, if you're listening via the desktop app): "Delete Spotify." That's what the image associated with the '90s alt-rock band's Spotify page reads, and the band's members confirm...
Joe Rogan, Spotify Respond
to Misinfo Protests
Jan 31, 2022 6:55 AM CST
Joe Rogan, Spotify Respond to Misinfo Protests
Podcaster says he doesn't think he's spreading bad info but agrees on new Spotify COVID advisories
- Scientists , doctors , and famous performers have come out in full force to slam the Spotify podcast of Joe Rogan, accusing him of spreading misinformation on COVID and climate change. Finally, Rogan is now publicly responding, as is the streaming platform. In a lengthy video posted to Instagram late Sunday,...
Jan 29, 2022 8:45 AM CST
Spotify Loses Another Big Name Over 'Irresponsible People'
Singer Joni Mitchell joins Neil Young in pushing back against Joe Rogan podcast, COVID misinfo
- Spotify has agreed to remove Neil Young's songs from its music-streaming platform—at Young's request, in protest of Joe Rogan's podcast and other COVID misinformation—and now it's got another famous name following suit. On Friday, singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell announced she, too, would be yanking her...
Scientists Take Issue With
Joe Rogan Podcast Discussion
Jan 28, 2022 8:00 AM CST
Scientists Take Issue With Joe Rogan Podcast Discussion
Experts label climate comments by guest Jordan Peterson as dangerous nonsense
- More critics are accusing the Spotify-exclusive Joe Rogan Experience podcast of sharing dangerous misinformation after Tuesday's episode in which a guest spouted what one scientist calls a "word salad of nonsense" about climate science. Just days after 270 members of the US scientific and medical communities demanded Spotify...
Spotify Says It's
Taking Down All
Neil Young's Music
Jan 26, 2022 5:57 PM CST
Spotify Says It's Taking Down All Neil Young's Music
Rocker wanted it pulled to protest Joe Rogan's COVID misinformation
: Spotify says it is removing Neil Young's music from its platform as per his request. The rocker said Monday that he wanted his music pulled to protest Joe Rogan's podcast and other COVID misinformation on Spotify. "We regret Neil’s decision to remove his music from...
Doctors Want Spotify to Do
Something About Joe Rogan
in case you missed it
Jan 16, 2022 2:15 PM CST
Doctors Want Spotify to Do Something About Joe Rogan
Open letter urges platform to bring in policy on medical misinformation
- Hundreds of medical professionals are asking Spotify to deal with medical misinformation on its platform—including problematic content on the show of its most popular podcaster. An open letter from 270 doctors, scientists, and other professionals says that throughout the pandemic, "Joe Rogan has repeatedly spread misleading and false...
for Postponed Show
Dec 29, 2021 12:42 PM CST
Joe Rogan Blames Canada for Postponed Show
'I don't think I can even get into the country. I'm not vaccinated'
- Podcaster Joe Rogan's sold-out April 20 show in Vancouver, BC, has been rescheduled, as predicted. In an episode that came out Dec. 24, Rogan told guest Tim Dillon that the show might be called off because of COVID restrictions in Canada, the Hill reports. "My 4/20 show that'...
Nov 7, 2021 6:30 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers Loses Sponsorship Over Vaccine Views
Wisconsin's Prevea Health cuts ties
Aaron Rodgers has lost a major sponsorship over his vaccination controversy . Prevea Health, a health care provider in Wisconsin, is cutting ties with the Green Bay QB, reports
. Rogers tested positive for COVID after going unvaccinated, and in an interview Friday, he challenged the efficacy of the...
Joe Rogan Posts
Negative COVID Test
Sep 4, 2021 8:00 AM CDT
Joe Rogan Posts Negative COVID Test
Podcaster only just revealed diagnosis Wednesday
- Days after revealing he'd tested positive for COVID-19, Joe Rogan posted a negative test result to his Instagram Friday. "Tested negative today! Thanks for all the kind wishes!" the podcaster wrote along with a photo of a digital readout. Just the previous Wednesday, the Joe Rogan Experience...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Ecologists Want People to 'Adopt' These 'Water Monsters'
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.