Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Before Arrest, Canada Suspect
Broke Into Woman's Home
Sep 8, 2022 6:19 AM CDT
Before Arrest, Canada Suspect Broke Into Woman's Home
Police sources say Myles Sanderson died from self-inflicted wounds
- Four days of fear in Saskatchewan ended Wednesday with the arrest of the only surviving suspect in Sunday's stabbing rampage—but Myles Sanderson died soon afterward , meaning authorities may never know his motive. Police sources tell the
that the 32-year-old died from self-inflicted wounds and a knife was...
Mounties Say Possible Sighting
of Suspect Was False Alarm
Sep 6, 2022 6:54 PM CDT
Mounties Say Possible Sighting of Suspect Was False Alarm
Officers searching for Myles Sanderson had surrounded home on Saskatchewan reserve
This story has been updated with new developments
. The Mounties said Tuesday that Myles Sanderson , the surviving suspect in Sunday's stabbing rampage, was not on the James Smith Cree Nation, the Indigenous reserve in Saskatchewan where many of the 10 dead and 18 injured were found. Hours earlier, people...
10 Killed, 15 Wounded
in Canada Stabbing Rampage
Sep 4, 2022 7:25 PM CDT
10 Killed, 15 Wounded in Canada Stabbing Rampage
Police in Saskatchewan are searching for 2 suspects after apparently random attacks
- A series of stabbings at an Indigenous community and at another town nearby in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan left 10 people dead and 15 wounded, Canadian police said Sunday as they searched for two suspects. The stabbings took place in multiple locations on the James Smith Cree Nation and...
Utah Teen Pleads Guilty to
Killing Mother, 3 Siblings
Jul 19, 2022 8:49 PM CDT
Utah Teen Pleads Guilty to Killing Mother, 3 Siblings
Colin Jeffery Haynie was 16 years old when he tried to kill his entire family
: A Utah man pleaded guilty Tuesday to fatally shooting his mother and three siblings in early 2020, when he was 16 years old. Colin Jeffery Haynie, now 19, killed his mother and one of his sisters as they returned from her school pickup, then waited for two more siblings...
2008 'Lane Bryant' Murders
Receive New Interest
Feb 2, 2022 3:29 PM CST
2008 'Lane Bryant' Murders Receive New Interest
2 new detectives have been put on the case
- A mass murder that took place at a Chicago-area Lane Bryant 14 years ago remains unsolved, but authorities hope a new pair of detectives will change that, FOX 32 reports. Four customers and two employees—all women—were shot at close range during what was likely an attempted robbery at...
Cops Seek Suspect
After 4 'Gruesome' Killings
Jun 2, 2021 3:16 PM CDT
Cops Seek Suspect After 4 'Gruesome' Killings
Police say Cohen Bennet Hancz-Barron should be considered 'extremely dangerous'
- Three children and a woman were found slain Wednesday morning in a Fort Wayne home, and police asked for the public’s help finding a man they called the suspect in the killings. Police said Cohen Bennet Hancz-Barron, 21, was last seen driving a stolen pickup truck and is "...
Cops: Maryland Man's Killing
Rampage Started With Parents
Mar 29, 2021 6:08 PM CDT
Cops: Maryland Man's Killing Rampage Started With Parents
Police have 'no idea' why Joshua Green killed 4 before setting his apartment on fire
- Police in Maryland say they have "no idea" why a 27-year-old man killed four people, including his parents, before taking his own life Sunday. Investigators say Joshua Green's rampage started at his parents' home in Baldwin, where the bodies of 58-year-old Douglas Green and 62-year-old Olivia Green were...
Cops: Spa Shootings Suspect
Blamed 'Sexual Addiction'
Mar 17, 2021 12:22 PM CDT
Cops: Spa Shootings Suspect Blamed 'Sexual Addiction'
They say Robert Aaron Long denied racism was the motive for 8 Atlanta-area killings
- The 21-year-old man accused of killing eight people Tuesday at three Atlanta-area massage parlors, most of them women of Asian descent, claims racism wasn't the motive, police say. Cherokee County Sheriff Frank Reynolds says Robert Aaron Long indicated he has issues, "potentially sexual addiction," and "may...
'Twitter Killer' Hears His Fate
Dec 15, 2020 6:40 AM CST
'Twitter Killer' Hears His Fate
Takahiro Shiraishi gets death after pleading guilty to murdering, dismembering 9 in Japan
- The "Twitter Killer" of Japan has heard his fate, and he didn't react. Takahiro Shiraishi received the death penalty Tuesday after pleading guilty in September for the murder and dismemberment of nine people, and the judge who handed down the sentence had to ask if the "stone-faced"...
7 Shot Dead at
Marijuana Grow House
Sep 8, 2020 6:13 PM CDT
7 Shot Dead at Marijuana Grow House
No arrests made after California slayings
- A possible robbery attempt turned into mass murder at a California grow house on Labor Day. Police say seven people were shot dead early Monday at the apparently illegal operation in Aguanga, Riverside County, NBC Los Angeles reports. Police say that after deputies responded to a reported assault with a...
Man Who Killed 8
Gets 4 Death Sentences
Feb 28, 2020 12:34 AM CST
Man Who Killed 8 Gets 4 Death Sentences
Willie Godbolt blamed devil for Mississippi murders
- A Mississippi man was given four death sentences by a jury on Thursday, hours after he spoke in court and blamed the devil for his actions the night eight people were shot to death . Willie Cory Godbolt, 37, was convicted Tuesday of the May 2017 slayings of eight people, reports...
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh'
Treatment, Does This to Protest
Feb 26, 2020 9:50 AM CST
Dylann Roof Gripes on 'Harsh' Treatment, Does This to Protest
Mass murderer went on hunger strike after he says he was 'targeted by staff' in Indiana federal prison
- In a Feb. 13 letter, mass murderer Dylann Roof told the AP he was "several days" into a hunger strike in protest of "harsh" treatment inside a federal prison in Indiana. The 25-year-old white supremacist said he'd been "targeted by staff," "verbally harassed and...
Juvenile Utah Boy Held
in Murder of His Family
Jan 19, 2020 7:21 AM CST
Juvenile Utah Boy Held in Murder of His Family
4 dead, 1 injured in Friday night shooting
- A Utah family is shattered after a Friday night shooting that left four members dead, one injured, and a teenage boy charged with firing the weapon that inflicted the carnage, reports the
Salt Lake Tribune
. Police haven't made identifications or clarified relationships, but say all involved lived at the...
2019 Was a Bad Year
for One Kind of Killing
Dec 14, 2019 11:30 AM CST
2019 Was a Bad Year for One Kind of Killing
From Burkina Faso to California, houses of worship came under deadly fire
- On Dec. 1, a band of assailants opened fire on worshippers at a small-town Protestant church in Burkina Faso, an impoverished West African country where the Christian minority is increasingly a target of attacks. The victims included the pastor and several teenage boys; regional authorities attributed the attack to “...
White Girl Accused of
Plotting 'Horrific' Attack
Nov 19, 2019 4:25 PM CST
White Girl Accused of Plotting 'Horrific' Attack
But Georgia police say they arrested her in time
- Georgia police have arrested a 16-year-old girl for allegedly planning to attack and murder people in a mostly black church—with knives, no less, ABC News reports. The girl, who is white and remains unidentified, has been charged with criminal attempt to commit murder. Her alleged target: Bethel African Methodist...
Toronto Van Attack Suspect:
'I Accomplished My Mission'
Sep 27, 2019 12:34 AM CDT
Toronto Van Attack Suspect: 'I Accomplished My Mission'
He said he was in contact with Elliot Rodger
- A newly released video shows a man who allegedly used a van to kill 10 pedestrians in Toronto telling police that he's part of an online group of sexually frustrated men who plot attacks against people who have sex. Alek Minassian, 26, is accused of driving a rental van...
44 Bodies Found in Well
Sep 15, 2019 11:55 AM CDT
44 Bodies Found in Well
Yet another mass grave discovered in Mexico
- Mexican authorities responding to complaints of a nasty smell have found dozens of bodies buried in a well, the BBC reports. Uncovered earlier this month in the western state of Jalisco, the remains were mostly cut up and distributed between 119 black bags. Authorities have managed to identify 44 of...
Alleged Japan Arsonist:
'They Ripped Me Off'
Jul 18, 2019 11:16 AM CDT
Alleged Japan Arsonist: 'They Ripped Me Off'
Witness overhears his complaint to police as death toll rises to 33
- It's "too appalling even for words," says Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. He was referring to the alleged arson at an anime studio in Kyoto that has taken the lives of at least 33 people so far. More than 30 others were injured, some critically. Here is...
Bartender Who Served
Mass Shooter Is Charged
May 6, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
Bartender Who Served Mass Shooter Is Charged
Lindsey Glass arrested for serving Spencer Hight, who left the bar and killed 8
- In 2017, a drunk Spencer Hight drove to his estranged wife's home and fatally shot her and seven others at a party. Police then killed the 32-year-old Hight. Nearly two years later, authorities in Plano, Texas, have filed new charges in the mass killing—against the bartender who served...
Death Toll Hits 7
in Tennessee Slayings
Apr 29, 2019 7:23 AM CDT
Death Toll Hits 7 in Tennessee Slayings
Cops found 2 more bodies while processing crime scene
- Police investigating five murders in Tennessee on Saturday made an additional horrific find: Two more bodies in one of the two homes that were searched in rural Sumner County. Michael Cummins, the 25-year-old suspect in all seven slayings, was taken into custody after a massive manhunt Saturday night. Police say...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Here's What People Are Saying After Biden's State of the Union
Elian Gonzalez Is Making Headlines Again
Romney Had It Out With George Santos at SOTU
After Tyre Nichols' Beating, a Pic Began Making the Rounds
As Quake Toll Surges, More Questions About 1999 Tax
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.