Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news stories about child kidnapping and abduction on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
DA: Kidnapping Suspects Made
3 Other Attempts on This Baby
May 13, 2022 5:11 AM CDT
DA: Kidnapping Suspects Made 3 Other Attempts on This Baby
One San Jose suspect allegedly posed as a CPS worker
- Investigators in San Jose say two suspects accused of kidnapping a 3-month-old boy from his home last month made at least three earlier attempts to snatch the boy. The Santa Clara County District Attorney's office said Thursday that suspect Jose Roman Portillo showed up at the family's home...
in case you missed it
Dec 11, 2021 5:25 PM CST
After Father's 14-Year Search, Abducted Boy Is Found
Chinese couple had been looking for Sun Zhuo since he was taken in 2007
- The story of their quest for their missing son inspired a hit 2014 movie. Now, seven years later, a cinematic ending. CNN reports that a couple who've searched the ends of China for their boy since 2007 were reunited with him on Monday. Sun Zhuo, now 18, was taken...
Doing Well, With
New Charges in Case
Nov 4, 2021 6:43 AM CDT
Rescued 4-Year-Old Doing Well, With New Charges in Case
Terence Kelly, 36, hit with charges in case of Cleo Smith, who went missing for 18 days in Australia
A 36-year-old man has been charged in the case of a 4-year-old Australian girl found safe Wednesday after vanishing 18 days earlier. Terence Darrell Kelly appeared Thursday in a Carnavon court, where he was charged with forcibly or fraudulently taking or enticing a child under 16, per the BBC...
Girl Taken in 2007
Is Reunited With Mother
Sep 14, 2021 10:40 AM CDT
Girl Taken in 2007 Is Reunited With Mother
Police say Jacqueline Hernandez was brought to Mexico by her father
- The police department in Clermont, Fla., has taken the unusual step of releasing a photo of a mother hugging her daughter. But this was no ordinary hug. It shows Angelica Vences-Salgado embracing 19-year-old Jacqueline Hernandez in Laredo, Texas, near the border with Mexico, reports CBS News . The two hadn't...
Cops: Mom Foils Kidnapping,
Man Arrested at Hospital
Jul 18, 2021 6:10 PM CDT
Cops: Mom Foils Kidnapping, Man Arrested at Hospital
Five-year-old boy scared but OK
- A brave New York mom saved her 5-year-old son from an alleged kidnapping Friday. Police say Dolores Diaz was walking with her three kids in Queens when James McGonagle, 24, jumped out of a parked car and snatched her son Jacob. Diaz and her other two kids ran after him....
Cops Rescue 6-Year-Old
Kidnapped by Stranger
Jul 9, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
Cops Rescue 6-Year-Old Kidnapped by Stranger
Girl was snatched off Louisville street
- A 6-year-old girl snatched from a Kentucky street by a stranger was rescued within 30 minutes thanks to police and an alert witness. Two Louisville Metro Police officers located the suspect's vehicle last Friday after a witness who started following the car gave them part of the license plate...
Girl Who Fought Off Kidnapping
Gets Big Surprise From Star
May 21, 2021 11:54 AM CDT
Girl Who Fought Off Kidnapping Gets Big Surprise From Star
Mariska Hargitay showed up for remote chat with Alyssa Bonal on 'Today': 'You're amazing'
- The awe-inspiring story of a Florida girl who fought off an attempted abduction just saw yet another happy ending. Alyssa Bonal, 11, who's been making the media rounds since a man tried to kidnap her Tuesday from her bus stop in Pensacola, has impressed the public with her quick...
Girl Who Fought Off Alleged
Kidnapper Had a Strategy
May 20, 2021 12:36 PM CDT
Girl Who Fought Off Alleged Kidnapper Had a Strategy
Florida girl deliberately marked him with blue 'slime' to help police catch him
- What it comes down to is that an 11-year-old girl was a lot smarter than the man police say tried to kidnap her. Dramatic video emerged this week of a girl identified only as Alyssa fighting off and escaping from a man police describe as a would-be kidnapper in Pensacola,...
Girl Reported Odd Encounter.
Weeks Later, Something Worse
May 19, 2021 8:17 AM CDT
Girl Reported Odd Encounter. Weeks Later, Something Worse
11-year-old being hailed for fighting off attempted bus-stop kidnapping
- That she escaped was incredible. That it was caught on video, ditto. An 11-year-old Florida girl is called a "hero" by law enforcement who say she fought off an attempted kidnapper while waiting for the bus on Tuesday morning. She was waiting at her Pensacola bus stop around 7am...
Newborn Taken, Woman Held
In Assault With Bear Spray
May 10, 2021 2:47 PM CDT
Newborn Taken, Woman Held In Assault With Bear Spray
Police say the attacker met the new mom on Facebook
- A Canadian woman is accused of kidnapping a newborn after overpowering a family with bear spray. Police say the accused met the new mom on Facebook and brought over a gift on Friday. She returned to her Ottawa home Sunday afternoon with bear spray, CTV News reports. According to police,...
Cops: Toddler Lured
From Church Found Safe
May 3, 2021 2:13 PM CDT
Cops: Toddler Lured From Church Found Safe
2-year-old boy was kidnapped in Virginia Sunday
- A 2-year-old boy kidnapped from a church in western Virginia has been found safe, authorities say. The Giles County Sheriff's Office said Monday afternoon Noah Gabriel Trout was found in Alleghany County and is now in the hands of FBI agents and Virginia State Police tactical team members, the...
42 Freed After Abduction,
With a President's Warning
Feb 27, 2021 5:30 AM CST
42 Freed After Abduction, With a President's Warning
Those released in Nigeria include 27 students seized from school in northern part of country
- An official says 42 people, including 27 students who were abducted two weeks ago from a school in northern Nigeria, have been freed. Mary Noel-Berje, chief press secretary for the Niger state governor, told the AP on Saturday that those released have arrived in the state capital, Minna. "We...
Feb 23, 2021 3:20 AM CST
Missing North Carolina Girl Found
Savannah Childress was abducted, found safe in Arkansas
- Savannah Grace Childress, 14, was abducted from her home in Denton, NC, on Feb. 11—but on Saturday night, she was found safe. She was with suspect William Ice, who had communicated with her via online platforms, in Arkansas when police spotted his SUV, which was linked to the abduction...
Candidate Flew Across
US to Abduct Child
Dec 21, 2020 6:30 AM CST
Cops: Ex-Congressional Candidate Flew Across US to Abduct Child
Nathan Larson, who served time for threatening a president, runs site glorifying child rape: authorities
- In an "extremely disturbing" story out of Colorado, a man authorities say is a white supremacist and pedophile was arrested in Denver last week for allegedly abducting a 12-year-old California girl he'd met on social media. ABC News reports that Nathan Daniel Larson, 40, was detained at Denver...
Complaint Details Backstory
of Case of Boy Left at Goodwill
Dec 18, 2020 9:14 AM CST
Complaint Details Backstory of Case of Boy Left at Goodwill
Jeremy Fitzgerald allegedly made ransom demand before taking boy across state lines
- Two people in Tennessee are facing federal charges of kidnapping a 2-year-old boy later found abandoned at a Goodwill store in Mississippi. Authorities say 34-year-old Jeremy Fitzgerald of Memphis told the boy's mother that his sister would watch the toddler while he took her to Nashville on Sunday. But...
Boko Haram Kidnaps
More Than 300 Students
Dec 15, 2020 10:35 AM CST
Boko Haram Kidnaps More Than 300 Students
This time, boys were abducted from a school in Nigeria
- Nigeria's Boko Haram jihadi rebels have claimed responsibility for the abduction of hundreds of students in one of the largest attacks in years on a boys school in northern Katsina state, per the AP . More than 330 students are missing from the Government Science Secondary School in Kankara after...
Reality Show Helps
Turn Up Missing 6-Year-Old
Sep 4, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Reality Show Helps Turn Up Missing 6-Year-Old
Viewer recognized 6-year-old Talia Jones, who vanished a year ago, from A&E's 'Live PD' program
- A now-canceled cable TV show has helped recover a young California girl missing for more than a year. In June, A&E announced it was cutting
, a reality-TV series that shadows cops on their patrols, from its lineup following weeks of demonstrations about the police killing of George...
Woman He Watched Plead for
Son's Return Is Actually Mom
May 19, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Woman He Watched Plead for Son's Return Is Actually Mom
Boy abducted in China reunited with biological parents after 32 years
- Li Jingzhi quit her job to search for her 2-year-old son after he was abducted from a hotel near their home in Xian, the capital of China's Shaanxi province, in 1988. She put up more than 100,000 flyers in 10 provinces and municipalities, and when that didn't...
Over '$4M Drug Debt'
Mar 7, 2020 9:30 AM CST
14-Year-Old Abducted Over '$4M Drug Debt'
Police managed to find him unharmed in a barn
- Toronto police have found a 14-year-old boy who apparently got abducted over his brother's staggering drug debt, the CBC reports. "He's now safe with his mom and dad," says Police Chief Mark Saunders. "I want less focus on this young man. He's been through...
Grandma Busted After Breaking
Girl Out of Hospital: Cops
Feb 16, 2020 6:11 AM CST
Grandma Busted After Breaking Girl Out of Hospital: Cops
Police say Evelyn Miller had a gun when she abducted 12-year-old granddaughter
- A 66-year-old woman was arrested Saturday evening at a hotel in Louisiana after a rather extraordinary day on the lam with her 12-year-old granddaughter, reports CNN . Police say that Evelyn Miller was carrying a pistol on Friday afternoon when she walked into a hospital in Jefferson Parish with the intention...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Video Emerges of Giuliani Incident at Grocery Store
Why Some Jews, Muslims, See Roe Reversal as an Attack
John Cornyn's Brown v. Board of Education Tweet Causes Uproar
As House Burned, Georgia Mother Allegedly Killed 3 of Her Kids
AP Sees a 'Political Shift' That Should Scare Democrats
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.