Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Group Directed $100K
to Ginni Thomas
Before SCOTUS Brief
May 5, 2023 7:52 AM CDT
Group Directed $100K to Ginni Thomas Before SCOTUS Brief
Make 'no mention of Ginni, of course,' wrote Leonard Leo to Kellyanne Conway
- Friday brings another report of an ethics issue related to Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas, this time from the
. The newspaper uncovered a secret payment to Thomas' wife, directed by a conservative judicial activist who advised a nonprofit that would later file a brief to the Supreme Court...
I Regret Those
Dec 31, 2022 6:00 AM CST
Ginni Thomas: I Regret Those Post-Election Texts
Wife of Clarence Thomas told Jan. 6 panel the election aftermath was an 'emotional time'
- Ginni Thomas still thinks the 2020 election was stolen, but the wife of Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas says she regrets the many texts she sent in its aftermath seeking to have the results overturned. The details of Thomas' testimony before the House panel tasked with investigating the Capitol riot...
Jan. 6 Hearings to Resume
Oct 6, 2022 1:45 PM CDT
Jan. 6 Hearings to Resume
Chairman says Trump PAC will be a subject
- The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol has scheduled its next hearing for Oct. 13, pushing the investigation back into the limelight less than three weeks before the midterm election that will determine control of Congress. It will be the panel's first public session...
Ginni Thomas Tells Committee
2020 Election Was Stolen
Sep 29, 2022 7:05 PM CDT
Ginni Thomas Tells Committee 2020 Election Was Stolen
Clarence Thomas' wife won't say if the two discussed her belief on voting results
- The House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol interviewed Ginni Thomas on Thursday, and was told the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas maintains her belief that the 2020 presidential election was stolen. "She said that," Democratic Chairman Bennie Thompson told CNN afterward, despite a lack...
Ginni Thomas Reaches Deal
With House Jan. 6 Committee
Sep 22, 2022 12:19 AM CDT
Ginni Thomas Reaches Deal With House Jan. 6 Committee
Wife of Clarence Thomas agrees to be interviewed
- The House panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol is getting what it wants : Sources told outlets including CNN and NBC News that Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, had reached an agreement with the select committee and would sit down...
State on Election
Sep 1, 2022 3:56 PM CDT
Ginni Thomas Pressured Second State on Election
Emails show justice's wife called for rejecting Biden's victory and replacing electors in 2 states
- Emails show that the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas pressured legislators in Wisconsin to throw out President Biden's 2020 election victory there—just as she had Arizona lawmakers. Ginni Thomas' emails to Arizona on Nov. 9 were reported in June, but the Wisconsin lobbying wasn't known...
Jan. 6 Panel's Next Target:
Clarence Thomas' Wife
Jul 25, 2022 5:15 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Panel's Next Target: Clarence Thomas' Wife
If Virginia Thomas won't come willingly, committee will consider a subpoena, says Liz Cheney
- The House Jan. 6 committee wants to talk to Clarence Thomas' wife, and it's hoping she'll come voluntarily. If Virginia "Ginni" Thomas declines to do so, however, a subpoena could be coming her way. Liz Cheney, the panel's vice chair, said on CNN Sunday that following...
Jan. 6 Panel:
Jun 20, 2022 10:59 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Panel: Mike Pence Subpoena Is Possible
Committee resumes its hearings on Tuesday
- Members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot say they may subpoena former Vice President Mike Pence and are waiting to formally hear from Virginia "Ginni" Thomas about her efforts to overturn the 2020 election. "We're not taking anything off the table in terms of witnesses...
She 'Can't Wait'
Jun 17, 2022 6:50 AM CDT
Testimony From Ginni Thomas? She 'Can't Wait'
Wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas seems willing to talk to panel about election, Jan. 6
- It's not clear when the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol will be issuing its invitation to Ginni Thomas for her testimony, but she seems open to talking with them. Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, has been increaslngly linked to...
Jan. 6 Panel:
Jun 16, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Panel: We Want Ginny Thomas to Testify
Committee wants to question wife of Supreme Court justice about efforts to overturn election
The House Jan. 6 panel now wants to interview Ginni Thomas about her efforts to keep the 2020 election results from being certified. Chair Bennie Thompson said Thursday the committee will issue an invitation to the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, reports Axios . The development comes after...
Ginni Thomas Urged 29
Lawmakers to Override Vote
Jun 10, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Ginni Thomas Urged 29 Lawmakers to Override Vote
She asked Arizona legislature members to work to overturn Trump's defeat
- In the days and weeks after then-President Donald Trump's election loss in 2020, dozens of Arizona lawmakers received emails from the wife of a US Supreme Court justice urging them to help overturn the result. The
, which reported last month that Virginia "Ginni" Thomas had emailed...
May 20, 2022 1:46 PM CDT
Has More Ginni Thomas Election Emails
They show she implored Arizona lawmakers to disregard 2020 vote, name 'clean' electors
has obtained more messages from Virginia "Ginni" Thomas in regard to her efforts to keep former President Trump in office. Thomas—wife of the Supreme Court's Clarence Thomas—emailed two Arizona lawmakers in November 2020 and implored them to disregard vote results showing a victory...
Trump: I Regret Not
Marching to the Capitol
Apr 7, 2022 9:45 AM CDT
Trump: I Regret Not Marching to the Capitol
Former president blames Nancy Pelosi for not containing the day's violence
- Donald Trump tells the
he wanted to march to the Capitol with his supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, but Secret Service wouldn't allow it. "I would have gone there in a minute," he says in the interview. Trump criticized the violence that ensued and, as...
Report: Jan. 6 Panel Wants
to Interview Ginni Thomas
Mar 28, 2022 1:34 PM CDT
Report: Jan. 6 Panel Wants to Interview Ginni Thomas
Wife of SCOTUS justice urged Trump chief of staff to overturn election results
- Ginni Thomas should expect a call from the House committee investigating the Capitol attack, sources tell CNN and the
. Insiders say the conservative activist, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, is one of many people the panel has been looking at—and the news that she urged...
Mar 27, 2022 9:09 AM CDT
A Defense of Those Ginni Thomas Texts
'Wall Street Journal' editorial says they're embarrassing, but she's entitled to her views as a private citizen
- The conservative editorial page of the
Wall Street Journal
is coming to the defense of Ginni Thomas, wife of the Supreme Court's Clarence Thomas. This week, the
and others reported on newly revealed texts showing that Ginni Thomas urged Mark Meadows , then chief of staff to President...
Texts: Who Is
Mar 25, 2022 9:26 AM CDT
Question in Ginni Thomas Texts: Who Is 'Best Friend?'
Clarence's wife urged Trump aide to fight election results, but importance of that is disputed
- The buzzy story in DC Friday is the revelation that Virginia Thomas , wife of Clarence, urged then-President Trump's chief of staff in text messages to try to overturn the 2020 election results. At one point, she urged Mark Meadows to "release the Kraken and save us from the...
to Fight Election
Mar 24, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Virginia Thomas Texted Meadows to Fight Election
Messages given to House panel show exchanges about overturning 2020 results
- "This is a fight of good versus evil," Virginia Thomas texted then-President Trump's chief of staff in pushing him to fight the 2020 election of President Biden. "Do not grow weary in well doing," she told Mark Meadows, assuring him Biden was "attempting the...
Clarence Thomas' Wife: I Was
at Jan. 6 'Stop the Steal' Rally
Mar 15, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Clarence Thomas' Wife: I Was at Jan. 6 'Stop the Steal' Rally
But Ginni Thomas says she left before Capitol riot
- Clarence Thomas' wife, who has already come under scrutiny , reveals to the
Washington Free Beacon
that she attended the Jan. 6, 2021, "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the mob attack on the US Capitol. However, Virginia "Ginni" Thomas says she got cold and left before then-President Trump...
Mar 13, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
After Scrutiny of Wife, Thomas Blasts 'Cancel Culture'
In speech, he also worries about idea of 'packing' the Supreme Court with more justices
- Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas says he's concerned that efforts to politicize the court or add additional justices may erode the institution's credibility, per the AP . Speaking Friday in Utah at an event hosted by former Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch’s foundation, Thomas said he worries about the...
Wife the Focus
Jan 22, 2022 4:45 PM CST
Clarence Thomas' Wife the Focus of Critical New Profile
'New Yorker' piece wonders about justice's potential conflicts of interest with Ginni Thomas' politics
- It's no secret that Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, is a staunch conservative . But now a lengthy profile by Jane Mayer in the
raises the question of whether she's so deeply embedded in conservative causes that it raises conflicts of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
Bad News Part II for Trump on Legal Front
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
$100M Botticelli Found in Home
Prosecutors: Inmate Stabbed Chauvin 22 Times
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.