Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
crisis pregnancy center
Google Got $10M for
'Deceptive' Abortion Ads
Jun 15, 2023 8:19 AM CDT
Google Got $10M for 'Deceptive' Abortion Ads
Ads directed searchers to centers that 'shame those seeking abortions,' per report
- People who use Google to search for "abortion pill" and "abortion clinic near me" are instead shown advertisements for crisis pregnancy centers whose goal is to dissuade individuals from accessing abortion. Over two years, Google accepted $10.2 million from anti-abortion groups to post such advertisements alongside legitimate...
Massachusetts Dem's 'Off the
Rails' Remarks Draw Backlash
Feb 24, 2023 2:20 PM CST
Massachusetts Dem's 'Off the Rails' Remarks Draw Backlash
At City Council meeting, Michael Hugo tied abortion to costs of services for special-needs kids
- A Massachusetts town official is making the apology rounds after comments he made that tied abortion and children with special needs. NBC Boston reports that during a Framingham City Council meeting on Feb. 7, the council voted unanimously to pass an ordinance that offered local protection for reproductive rights. In...
Centers': His Own
Apr 9, 2018 11:05 AM CDT
John Oliver's Weapon Against 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers': His Own
Late-night host says controversial CPCs 'mislead' vulnerable pregnant women, founds his own
- So-called crisis pregnancy centers have come under fire for years for allegedly using misinformation to talk vulnerable pregnant women out of having an abortion, and John Oliver took up the topic Sunday on
Last Week Tonight
. "What is happening with CPCs is that, way too often, women with unplanned...
GOP Rep: Let's Fund
Mar 28, 2011 3:27 PM CDT
GOP Rep: Let's Fund Anti-Abortion Activists
Cliff Stearns' bill would help crisis pregnancy centers
- Congressional Republicans have made it clear that they don't want to fund Planned Parenthood , but at least one thinks the federal government should be funding anti-abortion activists,
reports. Florida Rep. Cliff Stearns introduced a measure that would provide federal funds to crisis pregnancy centers, clinics—often run by...
The Truth About
Oct 12, 2010 12:45 PM CDT
The Truth About 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers'
Don't visit one expecting abortion counseling
- Crisis pregnancy center: Sounds like a place where a woman with an unplanned pregnancy could discuss her options—
her options. But it’s not. Despite ads touting “free abortion alternatives,” you won’t hear discussion of the morning after-pill at these centers. Rather, enter a crisis pregnancy...
Popular on Newser
9-Year-Old Who Vanished While Camping Is Found Safe
9-Year-Old's Parents Got Ransom Note After She Vanished
Crews Cleaning Storm Debris May Have Solved a Cold Case
Pope's Comments on Same-Sex Unions Make Waves
Woman on Lawn Mower Killed by Small Plane
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.