Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read the latest news stories about teenagers and the teenage brain on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
MLB Teams Sign a Bunch
of Players' Family Members
Jan 16, 2023 8:41 AM CST
MLB Teams Sign a Bunch of Players' Family Members
Among them: Padres sign Ethan Salas, younger bro of top Marlins prospect Jose Salas, for $5.6M
- The San Diego Padres signed 16-year-old catcher Ethan Salas of Caracas, Venezuela, to a $5.6 million bonus on Sunday, the first day of the international signing period. Salas is the consensus top overall prospect in this year's class. The left-handed hitter is the younger brother of Jose Salas,...
Cops Name Man Who
8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Jan 10, 2023 5:39 PM CST
Cops Name Man Who 8 Girls Allegedly Swarmed
Toronto residents charged with second-degree murder of man outside homeless shelter
- The man who was stabbed to death in December in what police have called a "swarming" attack was on Tuesday identified as Ken Lee; he had previously been described as a 59-year-old who was residing in Toronto's homeless shelters. The
reports Lee was attacked near the main...
Dec 17, 2022 12:47 PM CST
Teacher Who Gave Teen Vaccine Shot Avoids Prison
Laura Russo pleads guilty to lesser charge
- A high school teacher fired after being accused of injecting a teenager with a coronavirus vaccine without his parents knowing has avoided a prison sentence. Laura Russo pleaded guilty Friday to a misdemeanor count of attempting the unauthorized practice of medicine in court in Mineola, New York. She also entered...
Teen Who Vanished While
Working on Project Found Dead
Dec 10, 2022 10:45 AM CST
Teen Who Vanished While Working on Project Found Dead
Body of Dante de la Torre, 16, discovered in wooded area in Placer County, California
- Dante de la Torre set off early Wednesday afternoon to the Gold Run rest stop area off of California's Interstate 80, ready to gather soil samples for a high school science project he was working on. Just over a day later, the California 16-year-old was found dead in a...
Teen Who Killed Her Rapist
in Custody After Her Escape
Nov 9, 2022 1:15 PM CST
Teen Who Killed Her Rapist in Custody After Her Escape
Pieper Lewis, who fled from a Des Moines women's center, didn't go far
- Pieper Lewis is back in custody. The 18-year-old Iowa sex trafficking victim who on Friday fled a Des Moines women's center where she was serving five years of probation for the killing of her alleged rapist was found in Des Moines and booked into Polk County Jail on Tuesday....
5 Years Later, an Arrest
in Murder of 2 Girls
Oct 31, 2022 9:52 AM CDT
5 Years Later, an Arrest in Murder of 2 Girls
Libby German and Abigail Williams were killed while hiking in Indiana
- Police in Indiana have made an arrest in the high-profile slaying of two girls out for a hike in Indiana five years ago. Richard Allen, 50, faces two counts of murder in the deaths of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, reports FOX59 . Before the girls were killed near...
Muslim Student in NJ
Sues Over Teacher's Remark
Oct 25, 2022 6:53 PM CDT
Muslim Student in NJ Sues Over Teacher's Remark
He says he asked for more time to finish assignment and was told, 'We don't negotiate with terrorists'
: A Muslim student in New Jersey is suing a district and a teacher, saying he was "devastated and humiliated" last year at Ridgefield High School when he asked the teacher for more time to complete an assignment and was loudly told, "We don't negotiate with terrorists....
Teen's Final Act: Pushing
Sister Out of Harm's Way
Oct 21, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Teen's Final Act: Pushing Sister Out of Harm's Way
'He's my hero,' mom says of 13-year-old Tyler Phillips of Long Island, NY
- The family of a Long Island teen who was killed during a hit-and-run earlier this month is lauding his final act: saving his sister. NBC New York reports that on Oct. 12, the day after he turned 13, Tyler Phillips of Medford, NY, and his sister Krystal Randolph, also 13,...
Deputies: Boys' Theft of
Maserati Turned Deadly
Oct 3, 2022 8:59 AM CDT
Deputies: Boys' Theft of Maserati Turned Deadly
One teen has died, 2 others are badly injured after alleged car theft in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- One teen is dead and two others seriously hurt after an apparent high-speed joyride in Florida over the weekend. Gray News reports that deputies were responding to a call about a vehicle burglary in progress in St. Petersburg on Sunday around 3:20am, with the assistance of a flight unit,...
Inside the Push to
Sep 27, 2022 6:19 PM CDT
Inside the Push to Regulate 'Gooning'
It's the practice of taking kids against their will to a boarding school or treatment center
- Within what's known as the secure transport industry, it's called "gooning," and the AP takes a long look at the practice and burgeoning efforts to finally regulate it. What gooning consists of: Brawny men show up under the cover of darkness and force a teenager into...
Cyclist Charged After Teen
Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Sep 26, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
Cyclist Charged After Teen Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Mathieu van der Poel accused of physically assaulting girls who kept knocking on his door
- Top cyclist Mathieu van der Poel had been one of the favorites to win Sunday's world championship race in Wollongong, Australia. Instead of that, he ended up flying home to the Netherlands with a criminal conviction under his belt, reports the
. It seems that a group of kids...
Just One Teen
on the Planet
Aced This Test
Sep 26, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Just One Teen on the Planet Aced This Test
Felix Zhang of Indiana apparently knows his calculus
- On planet Earth, some 270,000 students took the AP Calculus AB exam in May 2022. About 20% of them scored a 5, which is the highest score possible. But Felix Zhang did something no one else did: The Indiana high schooler got a perfect score. Then a sophomore at...
Moments After Teen's Death,
the Alleged Cover-Up Began
Aug 11, 2022 10:50 AM CDT
Moments After Teen's Death, the Alleged Cover-Up Began
5 other teens charged following 2019 death of Jack Elliott in Texas
- For months, even his parents didn't know how Jack Elliott had died. Before and after his body was found 100 feet deep in Texas' Lake Travis near Austin, they heard multiple stories from the 11 teenagers who'd been boating with the 19-year-old Texas Christian University student after sunset:...
21 Teens Who Died in Bar
Ingested Toxic Form of Alcohol
Jul 19, 2022 11:13 AM CDT
21 Teens Who Died in Bar Ingested Toxic Form of Alcohol
Methanol investigated as possible cause of death in South African tragedy
- The toxic chemical methanol has been identified as a possible cause of the deaths of 21 teenagers at a bar in the South African city of East London last month, per the AP . Methanol was found in all of their bodies, and investigations are continuing to determine whether the levels...
This Teen Saw a Car Go Into
the River. He Didn't Hesitate
Jul 9, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
This Teen Saw a Car Go Into the River. He Didn't Hesitate
Corion Evans, 16, saves 3 young women, police officer from drowning in Mississippi
- When Corion Evans saw three people at a party, the 16-year-old never imagined he would save their lives a few hours later. But that's what happened early Sunday when a car drove off a boat launch into a river in southern Mississippi. The high school student jumped into the...
Arrested at 13, He Faced
Execution. Now He's Free
Jun 25, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Arrested at 13, He Faced Execution. Now He's Free
Murtaja Qureiris, said to be youngest Saudi prisoner for political protest, reportedly out of prison
Murtaja Qureiris is now a free man. Human rights activists say the 21-year-old, who was arrested in Saudi Arabia at age 13 after being accused of participating in Arab Spring protests three years earlier, has been released from prison, reports CNN . Qureiris, who once faced the death penalty for...
Canceled Teen's Story Reveals
Major Holes in Social Fabric
Jun 21, 2022 5:40 PM CDT
Canceled Teen's Story Reveals Major Holes in Social Fabric
It's a truly tough time to be a teen, and schools can't seem to help
- Whatever one thinks of the term "cancel culture" and how it may be used by various politicians and pundits, one thing is certain: it’s very real for many teenagers, and both the causes and effects seem both baffling and inevitable. Elizabeth Weil explores the topic for the Cut...
Teen Killed Himself 3 Hours
After 'Sextortion' Started
Jun 20, 2022 5:02 PM CDT
Teen Killed Himself 3 Hours After 'Sextortion' Started
It's a growing problem that can quickly spiral into tragedy
- A family in Manitoba, Canada has a message for parents everywhere: "Make sure your kids know they can come to you or another safe adult with any problem, and nothing is too wrong to fix." By itself, the message could apply to any number of troubles teenagers could...
May 27, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
'I'm not going to die today' a determined 16-year-old Dalton Bruton thought
- For 16-year-old Dalton Bruton, being around horses has always been a "calming experience." Not so much last week, when the Oklahoma teen got kicked so hard by one that he ended up having a heart attack. KFOR reports on the May 19 incident on the horse farm owned...
Maine Teen Dies While
Digging Hole at NJ Beach
May 18, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Maine Teen Dies While Digging Hole at NJ Beach
Levy Caverley, 18, died after hole he and sister were digging in Toms River collapsed
- A Maine teen died this week along the Jersey Shore after the hole he was digging with his sister collapsed. Police say 18-year-old Levy Caverley was at a beach in Toms River, NJ, on Tuesday afternoon, reportedly enjoying a day in the sun by carving out a 10-foot-deep hole in...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
2 Arrested After Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including Infant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.