Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Takeaways From the 'Great
Red vs. Blue State Debate'
Dec 1, 2023 8:43 AM CST
Takeaways From the 'Great Red vs. Blue State Debate'
Florida governor was feistier against Democrat than he has been in Republican debates
- Two governors clashed Thursday night in what Fox News billed as "The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate." Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and California Gov. Gavin Newsom debated for 90 minutes in an empty studio in Georgia. Both governors hurled insults at each other in the debate, which...
in Fox Showdown
Nov 30, 2023 4:12 PM CST
Newsom, DeSantis in Fox Showdown
Democrat, Republican to debate for 90 minutes, then speak to reporters
- California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom and Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis will debate Thursday night on Fox News Channel in an event featuring two young, high-profile leaders with presidential aspirations who may have to wait a while to realize them. Newsom, 56, has talked about eventually running for president but...
Will Be Test
for Her, Too
Sep 25, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
GOP Debate Will Be Test for Her, Too
Dana Perino of Fox News is in the spotlight Wednesday night
- The second Republican debate takes place Wednesday night, and the
New York Times
sees it as a challenge not only for the candidates, but as perhaps the "biggest test" yet as a journalist for moderator Dana Perino. Coverage:
Nuts and bolts:
The debate begins at 9pm ET on Fox
Sep 25, 2023 9:02 AM CDT
One Notable Thing About Murdoch's 'Retirement'
He never actually uses the word, points out media writer Jack Shafer, and it matters
- In assessing the surprise news that Rupert Murdoch is giving up the reins at his media empire, Jack Shafer of Politico can't help but notice that Murdoch never actually uses the word "retirement" in his statement . In fact, the 92-year-old makes clear that he will continue to have...
One of the Most 'Influential
and Controversial Tycoons'
Sep 21, 2023 2:00 PM CDT
One of the Most 'Influential and Controversial Tycoons'
Rupert Murdoch at 92 will let son Lachlan lead Fox News and News Corp.
- The man described by the
Wall Street Journal
as "one of the world's most influential and controversial tycoons" is stepping back from his media career in a big way. At the age of 92, Rupert Murdoch is turning over leadership of Fox News and News Corp. to son...
Rupert Murdoch Retiring
as Chair of Fox, News Corp.
Sep 21, 2023 8:28 AM CDT
Rupert Murdoch Retiring as Chair of Fox, News Corp.
Son Lachlan will take over as chairman of both
- Media titan Rupert Murdoch is stepping down from his leadership roles at Fox News and News Corp, the
New York Times
reports. The 92-year-old will put son Lachlan in charge of his news empire and assume the title of "chairman emeritus," he wrote in a letter to colleagues,...
Fox News Bars Trump Team
From Post-Debate Coverage
Aug 22, 2023 12:41 PM CDT
Fox News Bars Trump Team From Post-Debate Coverage
Eight GOP candidates will be on the stage Wednesday night in Milwaukee
- Nine candidates may have the numbers to officially qualify for the first Republican debate Wednesday night, but only eight will be on the stage. Coverage:
Candidates on stage will Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Chris Christie, Vivek Ramaswamy, Doug Burgum, and Asa Hutchinson, reports the
Report: Trump Plans to Steal
Viewers From GOP Debate
Aug 18, 2023 11:02 AM CDT
Report: Trump Plans to Steal Viewers From GOP Debate
Will he talk to Tucker Carlson? Or will he surrender?
- It looks like former President Trump will not only skip the first Republican presidential primary debate, but also reportedly engage in "counterprogramming" of some form. Trump intends to draw audiences away from Wednesday's Fox News-hosted debate—which will feature his biggest Republican challenger, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis—perhaps...
I Know Why I Was Fired
Jul 26, 2023 2:22 PM CDT
Tucker Carlson: I Know Why I Was Fired
He says it was a condition of defamation settlement, despite Fox's denial
- Tucker Carlson says he "knows" his firing from Fox News was "a condition" of the $787.5 million settlement Fox agreed to pay to Dominion Voting Systems to resolve a defamation case. Fox and Dominion have denied the claim. Still, the former prime-time host says Fox "agreed...
Judge Keeps Conviction Intact,
Rips 'QAnon Shaman,' Carlson
Jul 20, 2023 6:15 PM CDT
Judge Keeps Conviction Intact, Rips 'QAnon Shaman,' Carlson
Video aired on Fox News fails to clear Capitol rioter
- A federal judge on Thursday made clear he doesn't view Jacob Chansley's behavior at the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the way Tucker Carlson does. The then-Fox News host showed video in March of the rioter known as the "QAnon Shaman" apparently walking through the building...
Tucker Carlson Plans
Company of His Own
Jul 14, 2023 2:28 PM CDT
Tucker Carlson Plans Company of His Own
Operation would begin with longer videos on Twitter to sign up subscribers
- As other people who lost their jobs have done, Tucker Carlson is planning to start his own company with his college roommate. The operation would use Twitter and be built around longer versions of the free videos Carlson already posts, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. Twitter and other sites would...
Figure in Conspiracy Theory
Sues Fox News, Carlson
Jul 12, 2023 5:20 PM CDT
Figure in Conspiracy Theory Sues Fox News, Carlson
Trump backer accuses network, host of suggesting he was working for FBI
- Fox News and Tucker Carlson now face another defamation lawsuit over their coverage of the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election. Ray Epps says a right-wing conspiracy theory was built around him, which Fox and Carlson, who no longer works for the network, repeatedly aired, NBC News reports. The conspiracy...
Jul 1, 2023 2:30 PM CDT
Ex-Producer Settles With Fox News for $12M
Abby Grossberg's lawsuit accused network of having a misogynistic workplace
- Fox News and a former producer have settled a lawsuit over allegations of an "overtly misogynistic" work environment, a move that will cost the network $12 million but avoid public testimony about its culture. Abby Grossberg had said she faced sexist and antisemitic remarks and sexual harassment at Fox,...
Geraldo Rivera Now
Says He's Out at Fox
Jun 29, 2023 6:40 PM CDT
Geraldo Rivera Now Says He's Out at Fox
He had hoped to stay on as a 'correspondent at large'
- Geraldo Rivera updated his status at Fox News on Thursday, possibly for the last time. After announcing last week that he had quit his gig on
, the 23-year employee posted a video on Twitter saying he was fired from that show, then decided to quit the network altogether,...
Renewed Threat From Trump:
'He Knows Fox Hates Him'
Jun 27, 2023 9:15 AM CDT
Renewed Threat From Trump: 'He Knows Fox Hates Him'
Former president doubles down on suggestion he won't take part in GOP debate hosted by network
- Last week, during an interview on Fox News, Donald Trump became increasingly agitated at the pushback he was getting from interviewer Bret Baier over his 2020 election loss—to the point where Trump called the network "hostile" and insinuated he might not take part in the first GOP primary...
Fox News Rejiggers
Jun 26, 2023 12:08 PM CDT
Fox News Rejiggers Prime-Time Lineup
Jesse Watters gets the 8pm slot and Greg Gutfeld moves from 11 to 10
- Fox News has revealed its new prime-time lineup in the wake of Tucker Carlson's departure , and the big winner is Jesse Watters. He will replace Carlson in the coveted 8pm slot, reports the Hill . The lineup, effective July 17:
Laura Ingraham's show moves here from 10pm.
Jun 20, 2023 6:34 AM CDT
Trump Offers New Defense on Classified Documents
He tells Fox he was too busy to sort them, and they contained personal items such as golf shirts
- Former President Trump gave his first interview since being indicted over classified documents , and it proved to be a contentious one at times with Fox News' Bret Baier. Trump reiterated that he had "zero" concern about the legal case, asserting again that he had the right under the Presidential...
Trans Activist Who Bared
Breasts at WH Has a Message
Jun 17, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
Trans Activist Who Bared Breasts at WH Has a Message
Rose Montoya says sorry for topless stunt at Pride Month event, blames it on 'overwhelming trans joy'
- A transgender activist who went topless during a White House Pride Month celebration last weekend, then showed it to the world via video, is now offering her mea culpa. "Today, I need to apologize," Rose Montoya said in a video posted Friday to Twitter , referencing the footage from...
Fox Producer Is Out Over
'Wannabe Dictator' Chyron
Jun 16, 2023 1:06 PM CDT
Fox Producer Is Out Over 'Wannabe Dictator' Chyron
Tucker Carlson announced his former staffer's exit from the network in a Twitter video
- Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson says a producer from his time at the network resigned this week after airing a chyron referring to President Biden as a "wannabe dictator," reports Deadline . The caption aired Tuesday night on a split screen featuring Biden and Donald Trump, who had...
Jun 8, 2023 5:00 PM CDT
Carlson's Show Brings a Letter From Fox
New Twitter program violates his contract, host's former employer says
- Tucker Carlson's new show on Twitter violates his contract with Fox News, his former employer informed him Wednesday. Carlson, who lost his longtime Fox job in April, debuted the new program, Tucker on Twitter , on Tuesday night. The letter delivered to his lawyers says Carlson is "in breach"...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Tuberville Makes Surprise Reversal on Military Holds
Hollywood Is Going After Lauren Boebert
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.