Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Russia Tries to Join
Spy Poisoning Probe,
Apr 5, 2018 12:22 AM CDT
Russia Tries to Join Spy Poisoning Probe, Gets Rejected
Brits call proposal 'ludicrous'
- The international chemical weapons watchdog on Wednesday rejected Russia's call for a joint investigation with Britain of the nerve-agent poisonings of an ex-spy and his daughter in England. But Russia said the number of countries that abstained from the vote suggested many have doubts about Britain's allegations that...
Scientists Can't Confirm
Novichok Came From Russia
Apr 3, 2018 2:02 PM CDT
Scientists Can't Confirm Novichok Came From Russia
But the UK says their work is just one piece of the puzzle
- Countries have lined up behind the UK to enact consequences on Russia in the wake of the poisoning of ex-spy Sergei Skripal and daughter Yulia, but the scientists who have been analyzing the nerve agent on Tuesday clarified that they haven't been able to establish it was created in...
Russia Expelling Diplomats
in Quid Pro Quo Response
Mar 29, 2018 2:29 PM CDT
Russia Expelling Diplomats in Quid Pro Quo Response
That includes 60 diplomats from US
- Russia's foreign minister says Moscow will expel the same number of diplomats from the nations that have expelled Russian diplomats over the poisoning of an ex-Russian spy in Britain, the AP reports. Sergey Lavrov said US Ambassador Jon Huntsman has been summoned to the Foreign Ministry on Thursday, where...
No Longer in
Mar 29, 2018 12:24 PM CDT
Daughter of Poisoned Ex-Spy No Longer in Critical Condition
Yulia Skripal 'improving rapidly,' doctors say
- Doctors say Yulia Skripal, daughter of former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal, is "improving rapidly" and is no longer in critical condition after being poisoned with a nerve agent alongside her father, the BBC reports. "I’m pleased to be able to report an improvement in the condition...
Nerve Agent Found on
Front Door of Ex-Spy's Home
Mar 29, 2018 2:16 AM CDT
Nerve Agent Found on Front Door of Ex-Spy's Home
Boris Johnson praises allies for expelling Russian diplomats
- The military-grade nerve agent that left former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter near death appears to have been left on his front door in Salisbury, England, police say. Investigators say the Skripals first came into contact with the nerve agent at Skripal's home, and the highest...
Julian Assange Has
Lost His Internet Access
Mar 28, 2018 6:49 PM CDT
Julian Assange Has Lost His Internet Access
Ecuador is punishing WikiLeaks founder for tweets about ex-spy's poisoning
- Much like a child caught blowing off his math homework, Julian Assange has lost his internet privileges.
reports Ecuador announced Wednesday it had cut off the WikiLeaks founder's internet access. Assange has been living at the Ecuadorian embassy in London since 2012, avoiding alternately extradition to Sweden...
Niece: Skripal, Daughter
Probably Won't Live
Mar 28, 2018 6:03 AM CDT
Niece: Skripal, Daughter Probably Won't Live
Viktoria Skripal says she has just '1% of hope,' though she's hoping for 'miracle'
- Theresa May predicted that ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia may never fully recover after being poisoned with a nerve agent March 4 in Salisbury, England. Now a family member tells the BBC , via the
, that the outlook for the pair "really isn't good" and that...
Troubling Update on
Poisoned Ex-Spy, Daughter
Mar 26, 2018 1:59 PM CDT
Troubling Update on Poisoned Ex-Spy, Daughter
'They may never recover fully,' says Theresa May
- British prime minister Theresa May says former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter may never recover from a nerve-agent attack that left them in critical condition. May says "their condition is unlikely to change in the near future, and they may never recover fully." May also told lawmakers...
Condition of Poisoned
Ex-Spy, Daughter Revealed
Mar 23, 2018 8:04 AM CDT
Condition of Poisoned Ex-Spy, Daughter Revealed
Both may have suffered brain damage, documents reveal
- "'Normal' life for me will probably never be the same" but "I want people to focus on the investigation—not the police officer who was unfortunate enough to be caught up in it." Per the
that was the message from British police officer Nick Bailey...
UK: Trail to Spy's Poisoning
'Leads Inexorably to Kremlin'
Mar 18, 2018 7:34 AM CDT
UK: Trail to Spy's Poisoning 'Leads Inexorably to Kremlin'
Russian ambassador to UK says situation is 'escalating dangerously and out of proportion'
- Britain's foreign secretary said Sunday that the trail of blame for the poisoning of a former spy "leads inexorably to the Kremlin," reports the AP , after a Russian envoy suggested the nerve agent could have come from a UK lab. "We actually have evidence within the...
Russia Responds to
Britain's 'Unfriendly' Moves
Mar 17, 2018 7:42 AM CDT
Russia Responds to Britain's 'Unfriendly' Moves
Announced it will expel 23 British diplomats, among other measures
- Russia on Saturday announced it is expelling 23 British diplomats and threatened further measures in retaliation in a growing diplomatic dispute over a nerve agent attack on a former spy in Britain. The Russian Foreign Ministry also said in a statement that it is ordering the closure of the British...
Mar 16, 2018 1:05 PM CDT
UK's Johnson Pins Poisoning on Putin Himself
- How likely is it that Vladimir Putin was behind the poisoning of an ex-Russian spy in England? "Overwhelmingly likely" in the eyes of UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson. He made his claim Friday just two days after Prime Minister Theresa May kicked 23 Russians out of the country in...
Will Expand US
Mar 16, 2018 6:08 AM CDT
Russia Responds to Sanctions, Will Expand US 'Black List'
It'll add more Americans to its sanctions list: Sergei Ryabkov
- Hours after the Trump administration announced sanctions against 19 individuals and five entities in response to Russian meddling in the 2016 election, Russia vowed to respond in kind. Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov on Friday said Russia would be adding more Americans to its own sanctions list. "From the...
Expels 23 Diplomats
Mar 14, 2018 8:35 AM CDT
UK Blasts Russia's 'Sarcasm,' Expels 23 Diplomats
Theresa May announces measures against Moscow after it fails to address ex-spy's poisoning
- The United Kingdom is pointing 23 Russian diplomats identified as "undeclared intelligence officers" to the exit, reports the BBC , giving them a week to pack up and get out after Moscow failed to give an explanation for how the Russian-produced nerve agent Novichok came to be used to poison...
Nerve Agent That
More Toxic Than VX
Mar 13, 2018 10:40 AM CDT
Nerve Agent That Poisoned Ex-Spy More Toxic Than VX
Novichok agents developed in secret in Russia in the 1970s and '80s
- British Prime Minister Theresa May says the chemical used to poison Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his adult daughter in England was a Novichok nerve agent, tied to Russia not only through its name. Novichok—meaning "newcomer" in Russian—is a class of chemical agents developed in the Soviet...
Russian Nerve Agent
Mar 12, 2018 12:42 PM CDT
Spy Poisoned With Military-Grade Russian Nerve Agent
Theresa May tells lawmakers it is 'highly likely' Russia behind poisoning of Sergei Skripal
- The Russian ex-spy poisoned in England was exposed to a military-grade nerve agent of a type produced by Russia, says British Prime Minister Theresa May. May told lawmakers during an address in parliament on Monday it was "highly likely' Russia was responsible for poisoning Sergei Skripal, the former Russian...
UK Warns Public of
Nerve Agent Contamination
Mar 11, 2018 8:02 AM CDT
UK Warns Public of Nerve Agent Contamination
First official warning in wake of attack on former Russian spy, daughter
- British health authorities on Sunday urged people to wash their clothing and possessions as a precaution if they visited a restaurant and pub in Salisbury, where a Russian ex-spy and his daughter were poisoned with a nerve agent. The statement was the first time British officials urged the public to...
Mar 8, 2018 1:02 AM CST
Police Confirm Russian Spy Was Poisoned
They say a nerve agent was used against Sergei Skripal, but don't specify which one
- British authorities on Wednesday said they knew "more about the substance" that felled a former Russian double agent, and what they revealed later in the day isn't good. In a case that's now being treated as attempted murder, authorities say Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were...
UK 'Knows More
That May Have
Mar 7, 2018 6:03 AM CST
UK 'Knows More About' Substance That May Have Felled Spy
Sergei Skripal and daughter Yulia remain in critical condition
- As former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and daughter Yulia remain in critical condition after being found slumped unconscious on a bench in Salisbury on Sunday, UK authorities are issuing an appeal. "The weather was poor that day so there were not as many people out and about,"...
Woman Found Collapsed With
Former Spy Is His Daughter
Mar 6, 2018 6:21 AM CST
Woman Found Collapsed With Former Spy Is His Daughter
British media identifies her as Yulia Skripal, who was visiting from Russia
- A few more details have been released in the puzzling situation of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal, who was found slumped on a bench in the UK on Sunday. The BBC reports the woman who was unconscious beside him is his daughter, Yulia, and that two police officers who responded...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.