Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Over 2020 Loss
Nov 11, 2021 8:37 AM CST
Chris Christie Zings Trump Over 2020 Loss
'When I ran for reelection in 2013, I got 60% of the vote'
- "I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with Donald Trump," Chris Christie told Axios this week—although taunting the former president for losing last year's election seems like a guaranteed way to get into a back-and-forth with Donald Trump. "What I will say is...
Christie Calls on GOP
to Stop the Lying
Sep 10, 2021 5:05 PM CDT
Christie Calls on GOP to Stop the Lying
At Reagan Library, former Trump adviser warns against 'blind faith and obedience'
- In an address delivered on hallowed ground for the GOP—the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California—former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told the Republican Party it needs to turn away from the direction Donald Trump has taken it and stop "this lying." Republicans should accept the...
Pardon Brings Fresh Attention
to Lurid Kushner Case
Dec 24, 2020 11:19 AM CST
Pardon Brings Fresh Attention to Lurid Kushner Case
Charles Kushner hired a prostitute in a sting against his own brother-in-law
- On the one hand, President Trump's latest batch of pardons was excellent news for the Kushner family. On the other hand, it has brought renewed attention to why Charles Kushner—the father of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner—needed a pardon in the first place. It's not a pretty...
Christie: I Might
Challenge Trump in '24
Dec 22, 2020 10:20 AM CST
Christie: I Might Challenge Trump in '24
'I would not rule it out'
- In President Trump's view, the 2020 election is still not settled. And yet, headlines about a potential 2024 contest already are surfacing. In a Monday interview with conservative radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt, Chris Christie said he's considering a run in the next presidential election—even if...
Chris Christie Has a
Message for Anti-Maskers
Dec 17, 2020 2:00 AM CST
Chris Christie Has a Message for Anti-Maskers
Don't be on the wrong side of history, he urges in new ad
- "This message isn't for everyone. It's for all those people who refuse to wear a mask." So says Chris Christie in a new national ad in which he says such people risk ending up on "the wrong side of history." Christie once again acknowledges...
sunday talk shows
Nov 22, 2020 4:00 PM CST
Chris Christie: It's Become a 'National Embarrassment'
And other quotes around the Sunday talk show dial
- Chris Christie didn't hold back Sunday in his assessment of President Trump's campaign to overturn the results of the 2020 election, Politico reports. "If you've got the evidence of fraud, present it," the former New Jersey governor said on
. "Quite frankly, the...
Trump Sons Demand
Republicans Step Up
Nov 6, 2020 11:02 AM CST
Trump Sons Demand Republicans Step Up
Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz among those defending president's claims
- On Thursday, President Trump's eldest sons complained that too few Republicans were backing their father and his claims of a stolen election. "The total lack of action from virtually all of the '2024 GOP hopefuls' is pretty amazing," tweeted Donald Trump Jr., per the Hill . "...
Speaks Out on
Oct 22, 2020 10:45 AM CDT
Chris Christie Speaks Out on His 'Serious Failure'
Former NJ governor regrets not wearing a mask at Rose Garden event, implores others to
- Chris Christie is pushing for people to wear face masks, and he has good reason to push for them: He caught COVID-19 himself after attending the Rose Garden event last month for Amy Coney Barrett's nomination, and now he's regretting how lax he was about safety protocols. "...
'Wear a Mask'
Oct 16, 2020 12:50 AM CDT
Chris Christie: 'Wear a Mask'
Former New Jersey governor talks about what he learned from COVID-19
- Chris Christie isn't hedging: He tells the
New York Times
outright that he should have worn a mask at the White House, where he is believed to have contracted COVID-19. He says the same in a statement: "I believed, when I entered the White House grounds, that I...
Oct 10, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Chris Christie Gives the Latest on His Health
The former New Jersey governor is out of the hospital
- Good news for Chris Christie: The hospital is behind him. The former New Jersey governor tweeted Saturday morning that he's no longer being treated for the coronavirus at Morristown Medical Center, CNN reports. "I want to thank the extraordinary doctors & nurses who cared for me for the...
An Update on Chris Christie
Oct 9, 2020 8:36 AM CDT
An Update on Chris Christie
He remains in hospital but is not on a ventilator, sources say
- Chris Christie remains hospitalized with coronavirus for a sixth day, meaning he's now beyond the average COVID-19 hospitalization period. An analysis published in
last month found coronavirus patients outside of China were hospitalized for an average of five days. There's been little word on how he'...
Doctor Indicates Trump
Had COVID-19 Much Earlier
Oct 3, 2020 2:30 PM CDT
Doctor Indicates Trump Had COVID-19 Much Earlier
Conley's portrayal of Trump's health differs from that of inside sources
- President Trump's doctor said Saturday that he's fever-free, not on oxygen, and doing "very well" at a military hospital where he's being treated for COVID-19, the AP reports. Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley added that Trump's symptoms, like nasal congestion and a cough, "are...
In Big 'Blow,'
to White House
Oct 3, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
In Big 'Blow,' Outbreak Tied to White House Continues
Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien is positive, as are 3 White House reporters
- On Friday afternoon, Trump campaign chief Bill Stepien put out a statement announcing, in response to the president being diagnosed with COVID-19, any near-future campaign events that would have involved Trump or members of the first family have been moved online, per Politico . Now, Stepien has his own announcement: He...
From Trump Is
Sep 30, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
One Phrase From Trump Is Picked Apart
He told Proud Boys to 'stand by'—a dangerous move, some argue
- Members of the far-right group Proud Boys celebrated its mention by President Trump during the first presidential debate on Tuesday, seeing it as an implicit endorsement and boasting of a jump in recruits, per the
New York Times
, which perused private social-media channels. Members of the "western chauvinist" group...
Supreme Court Tosses
May 7, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
Supreme Court Tosses 'Bridgegate' Convictions
Traffic jam concocted as political revenge in New Jersey wasn't a federal crime, say justices
- Remember " Bridgegate "? That was the New Jersey scandal back in 2013 in which allies of Gov. Chris Christie created an epic traffic jam as political revenge. It's back in the news Thursday because the Supreme Court unanimously tossed the convictions of two Christie aides behind the...
Chris Christie: We Must
Accept Deaths to Save America
May 5, 2020 11:45 AM CDT
Chris Christie: We Must Accept Deaths to Save America
And in California, a local official is ousted over post about need to cull the herd
- Two public figures—one on the national level, the other local—are in the news for their blunt talk about the need to accept more deaths in the pandemic:
In an interview with Dana Bash of CNN , the former New Jersey governor said "we're going to
He Recalled His Winter With No
Heat. Out Came His Wallet
Dec 19, 2019 10:19 AM CST
He Recalled His Winter With No Heat. Out Came His Wallet
Florida businessman ponies up $4.6K to pay off utility bills for 36 families
- When Michael Esmond saw the Dec. 26 due date on his utility bill, he had a flashback to 1983. "My gas was shut off, and we had no heating for the whole winter," one of the coldest ever in Florida, the 73-year-old father of three tells CNN . Indeed,...
Chris Christie Sticks It to
Jared Kushner and His Dad
Jan 30, 2019 8:23 AM CST
Chris Christie Sticks It to Jared Kushner and His Dad
He says Charles Kushner committed a 'loathsome' crime
- Chris Christie's memoir
Let Me Finish
was released this week, but news broke two weeks ago that it contained a big accusation against Jared Kushner: that Kushner got him fired as the chair of President Trump's transition team in retribution for the events of 2005, in which then-federal-prosecutor...
Christie: Kushner Got Rid
of Me in Political 'Hit Job'
Jan 15, 2019 2:08 PM CST
Christie: Kushner Got Rid of Me in Political 'Hit Job'
Ex-governor says Trump son-in-law wanted revenge for old prosecution of father
- Another book is coming out on Team Trump, this one from none other than Chris Christie. The
has an early copy of
Let Me Finish
, and it highlights a part in which the former New Jersey governor accuses Jared Kushner of getting him fired from the White House as...
Christie Takes His
Hat Out of the Ring
Dec 14, 2018 3:47 PM CST
Christie Takes His Hat Out of the Ring
The former New Jersey governor made the announcement after meeting with Trump
- Thanks, but no thanks. That’s Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s take on being considered as President Trump’s next chief of staff to replace the outgoing John Kelly . “It’s an honor,” Christie said in a statement, per Politico . “However, I've told the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
Pro-Russia Parties Trounced
It Was Worse Than the Titanic. You Likely Haven't Heard of It
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.