Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Report: Suspect Planned
to Behead Pamela Geller
Jun 3, 2015 7:24 PM CDT
Report: Suspect Planned to Behead Pamela Geller
CNN says Boston man then switched target to police
- The man shot to death yesterday in Boston with a military-style knife originally planned to go after activist Pamela Geller, reports CNN . (She was the organizer of the Muhammad cartoon contest in Texas that drew an attack claimed by ISIS .) CNN quotes law enforcement sources who say that Usaama...
May 9, 2015 12:31 PM CDT
Let's Not Glorify Pamela Geller
Kathleen Parker: She isn't celebrating free speech, she's abusing it
- Pamela Geller, the provocateur who organized the Muhammad cartoon contest that led to claims of the first ISIS attack on US soil, would have us believe that she's a stout defender of free speech. How sad the Founding Fathers must be, writes Kathleen Parker at the
I Didn't Provoke
May 6, 2015 1:27 PM CDT
Pamela Geller to Critics: I Didn't Provoke This 'War'
Organizer of Texas event thinks it's dangerous to fear jihadists
- Pamela Geller, whose group staged the Texas event that drew two shooters with alleged links to ISIS, is defiantly dismissing critics who accuse her of provoking the attack. The event featured cartoons lampooning Muhammad, and Geller, president of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, sees it as a matter of free...
Its First Attack
on US Soil
May 5, 2015 6:41 AM CDT
ISIS Claims Its First Attack on US Soil
Garland, Texas, shooters 'soldiers of the caliphate'
- ISIS is claiming responsibility for an attack at a center near Dallas that was exhibiting cartoon depictions of the Prophet Muhammad. An audio statement on the extremist group's al-Bayan radio station says that "two soldiers of the caliphate" carried out the Sunday night attack; both men, identified yesterday...
2 Shot Dead Outside Texas
'Draw Muhammad' Event
May 4, 2015 6:49 AM CDT
2 Shot Dead Outside Texas 'Draw Muhammad' Event
Suspects opened fire in parking lot, were killed by police
- Police shot two suspects dead after they allegedly opened fire outside a Muhammad cartoon contest in Garland, Texas, yesterday evening. The suspects were shot in the parking lot of the Curtis Culwell Center after getting out of their vehicle around the time that the controversial event inside was scheduled to...
Buses Must Run
'Killing Jews' Ads
Apr 22, 2015 11:44 AM CDT
Judge: NYC Buses Must Run 'Killing Jews' Ads
Pamela Geller's controversial group wins in court
- Soon, you could see MTA buses in New York with the words "Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah" on the side. That's because a controversial pro-Israel group wants to run the ads—they show a man with a Palestinian
covering his face alongside...
Person:' Back So Soon?
Nov 18, 2010 8:12 AM CST
Olbermann's 'Worst Person:' Back So Soon?
Segment, suspended in the name of sanity, returns
- Well, that didn't take long: Not even three weeks after suspending his Worst Person in the World segment in the wake of Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity, Keith Olbermann brought it back. Olbermann announced the segment's return Tuesday, noting that 73% of polled viewers wanted it restored, according to...
Ads Turn Up on Chicago Cabs
Aug 21, 2010 9:29 AM CDT
Anti-Islamic Ads Turn Up on Chicago Cabs
Pamela Geller says they're against honor killings, not religion
- Coming soon to a cab near you: Anti-Islamic ads that suggest it's dangerous for women to leave the religion. They've been showing up on taxis in Chicago this summer, part of a movement called Stop the Islamization of America, reports the
. Leader Pamela Geller—she's emerged as one...
Top Mosque Critic's Motivation? South Park
Aug 19, 2010 9:41 AM CDT
Top Mosque Critic's Motivation? South Park
Pamela Geller explains her reasoning
- Pamela Geller, who effectively founded the campaign against the Ground Zero mosque, discusses her reasoning with Talking Points Memo …and South Park has a lot to do with it. Her “most prominent examples” for why she has a problem with the Islamic faith were the death threats leveled...
Aug 14, 2010 10:44 AM CDT
Mosque Speech Brilliant or Misguided?
Bloggers on the left see it as one of Obama's best moments
- President Obama's decision to support an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero (summary here , full transcript from the
here ) is today's hot topic among bloggers. A few takes from the left and right:
"This is one of the most impressive and commendable
Plane Flies Into Burning
WTC on Anti-Mosque Bus Ad
good taste dept
Aug 11, 2010 11:13 AM CDT
Plane Flies Into Burning WTC on Anti-Mosque Bus Ad
MTA OKs ad after Pamela Geller files lawsuit
- Hitting NYC's buses next week: An ad in which a plane is about to hit the World Trade Center, with an image of the planned Ground Zero mosque opposite it, and a really big "Why There?" in the middle. The MTA initially rejected the anti-mosque ad, created by Pamela...
Bus Ad Attack on Islam
May 27, 2010 9:36 AM CDT
Blogger Launches Bus Ad Attack on Islam
It's a crusade against the 'Islamization of America'
- A New York City blogger is launching a crusade against "the Islamization of America" —using the sides of 40 NYC buses. "Fatwa on your head? Is your community or family threatening you? Leaving Islam?" read the ads pasted on the buses. "Got questions? Get Answers" it...
Popular on Newser
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Evert Reveals 'Diagnosis I Never Wanted to Hear'
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.