Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Battle of 2 Lady As
Is Heating Up
Sep 16, 2020 1:20 PM CDT
Battle of 2 Lady As Is Heating Up
Lady A the singer countersues Lady A the band
- The legal battle between the Lady As is heating up. Lady A the singer is countersuing Lady A the band, which changed its name from Lady Antebellum earlier this year because of that name's association with slavery. The lawsuit from Anita White, a Black Seattle-based blues singer who has...
Lady A the Band Sues
Lady A the Singer
Jul 9, 2020 1:02 AM CDT
Lady A the Band Sues Lady A the Singer
Country group sues singer over their use of the name she's been using for decades
- It seemed like things were going to work out between Lady A (the country group previously known as Lady Antebellum) and Lady A (Anita White, the Seattle-based Black blues and soul singer who has been using the name for more than 20 years)—but alas, apparently not. The country group...
The Dixie Chicks
Change Their Name
Jun 25, 2020 12:35 PM CDT
The Dixie Chicks Change Their Name
From now on, they are The Chicks
- The Dixie Chicks are no more. But the band lives on as The Chicks. The famous trio changed its name to ditch the Confederate connotations of "Dixie," reports
. "We want to meet this moment," reads a message posted on their rebranded website, thechicks.com...
Settles on Its New Name
Jun 16, 2020 8:00 PM CDT
Lady Antebellum Settles on Its New Name
It's keeping Lady A after a heartfelt conversation with the original Lady A
- This is a time of upheaval—but at least there is peace between the Lady As. Country band Lady A, which recently changed its name from Lady Antebellum because of the association with slavery, says it had a very positive meeting with Anita White, the Seattle blues and gospel singer...
Country Group's Name
Change Has a Problem
Jun 12, 2020 4:00 PM CDT
Country Group's Name Change Has a Problem
Lady Antebellum is now Lady A, but Lady A already exists
- Once Lady Antebellum announced it would now be called Lady A, the work of it happened quickly. The country trio's website was rebranded, and Apple Music, Spotify, and social media soon changed to the new name,
reports. But apparently no one checked to see if "Lady...
Country Group Changes
Its Name, Apologizes
Jun 11, 2020 12:20 PM CDT
Country Group Changes Its Name, Apologizes
Lady Antebellum is now known as Lady A
- Fans of the country group Lady Antebellum must take note of a big change: The Grammy-winning trio has changed its name to Lady A, reports Pitchfork . The move is the result of the George Floyd unrest, the band explains in an online post . "When we set out together almost...
Apr 2, 2012 4:31 AM CDT
Taylor Swift Grabs Top ACM Award —Again
Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum also win big
- Blockbuster singer Taylor Swift hit all the right notes
to win the Academy of Country Music Awards' entertainer of the year nod for the second time running . "To my fellow nominees, I respect you so much and I love you," said the 22-year-old star, who was the...
at CMT Awards
Jun 9, 2011 8:37 AM CDT
Sheryl Crow Flashes Panties at CMT Awards
Sarah Evans: "At least you were wearing underwear"
- Ludacris made a surprise appearance—as did Sheryl Crow's underwear (click here for the video )—at the CMT Music Awards last night. Lady Antebellum laid down a funky beat with Charles Kelley doing a Don Henley impression. Fans audibly gasped as Shania Twain slipped and fell on her...
Who Will Win,
Feb 11, 2011 1:10 PM CST
Grammys: Who Will Win, Who
Eminem bound to score at Sunday's awards show
- The Grammys are Sunday, and it’s inevitable that you won’t agree with the winners in every category. In
, Leah Greenblatt and Simon Vozick-Levinson let us know who will win … versus who should win:
Album of the Year
: Eminem will win for
, but Arcade Fire’
10 Grammy Noms
Dec 2, 2010 6:19 AM CST
Eminem Snags 10 Grammy Noms
Lady Gaga also does well—but where's Song of the Year nod?
- Eminem raked in the Grammy nominations last night, leading the ranks with 10 nods including Album of the Year, Best Rap Album, Record of the Year, and Song of the Year. Next up were Bruno Mars with seven, and Lady Gaga , Lady Antebellum , and Jay-Z with six each. Of...
Wins Big at CMTs
Jun 10, 2010 12:01 AM CDT
Carrie Underwood Wins Big at CMTs
Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban also snag top prizes
- Once again, Carrie Underwood proved herself to be country music’s darling at last night’s CMT Awards. The former
won the top prize, video of the year, and was the only artist to win more than one prize—she also claimed CMT performance of the year. Keith...
entertainer of the year
Apr 19, 2010 6:55 AM CDT
Carrie Underwood Makes History at Country Awards
Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert lead the night
- A country music awards show where Taylor Swift didn’t take home a single trophy? Inconceivable! But it’s true: Carrie Underwood beat Swift to win the Academy of Country Music’s Entertainer of the Year award last night, making her the first woman in history to win the top...
Popular on Newser
China Has an Innocent Explanation for Its Balloon
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
Pedophile Former Pop Star Released After 8 Years
Funeral Home Staff Unzipped a Body Bag, Got Quite a Shock
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.