Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Double Down sandwich
Is a Dog
Jan 27, 2015 2:24 AM CST
KFC's New Double Down Is a Dog
Hot dog in fried chicken bun only sold in Philippines
- Almost half a decade after it gave the world the Double Down , KFC has unveiled another sandwich that could give health advocates coronaries. Take a hot dog, slather it with cheese, put it in a bun-sized piece of fried chicken, and you have the Double Down Dog—which has now...
French Chain to Sell
Foie Gras Burgers
Dec 1, 2010 5:41 PM CST
French Chain to Sell Foie Gras Burgers
A controversial bit of luxury, in a bun, for $6.50
- The Double Down it's not: A French fast-food chain will sell a cheap foie gras burger, mixing high and low cuisine for a brief holiday promotion, Reuters reports. Consumers will be able to get a bit of duck liver in a conventional hamburger for about $6.50—a steal for...
Denny's New Burger
Cheered by ... Vegans?
Sep 25, 2010 11:26 AM CDT
Denny's New Burger Cheered by ... Vegans?
They're mostly happy about getting a menu entry
- Surprise, surprise. In an age of KFC Double Downs and footlong cheeseburgers, Denny's has put a "bona fide vegan burger" on its menu, writes Jason Best at Slashfood . Granted, it also has a Bacon Slamburger, he notes, but his survey of vegan blogs finds that people seem genuinely excited...
KFC's Butt Ads
Slammed as Sexist
Sep 23, 2010 6:46 AM CDT
KFC's Butt Ads Slammed as Sexist
Double Down ad campaign on buns labeled 'obnoxious'
- Women's groups are crying foul over the location of KFC's latest ad campaign. The company is recruiting shapely college women to act as "human billboards" and hand out coupons for the Double Down sandwich while wearing sweatpants with the product's logo emblazoned on the rear. "It's so obnoxious...
6 Truly Gross
Aug 16, 2010 2:37 PM CDT
6 Truly Gross Restaurant Sandwiches
Massive amounts of cheese, anyone?
- KFC's Double Down was just the beginning. The Stir lists five more truly disgusting (not to mention unhealthy) sandwiches being served at restaurants near you:
Denny's Fried Cheese Melt
: The restaurant took the grilled cheese sandwich and added
cheese to it, in the form of four fried mozzarella sticks
Double Down Lives On
May 19, 2010 4:27 PM CDT
Congrats, America: Double Down Lives On
Sandwich will be sold as long as demand is high
- The Double Down was supposed to be a limited-run sandwich—but that was before it became a national sensation . With Americans buying the bun-less, meat-heavy sandwich in droves (about 10 million sold), KFC has decided to extend it indefinitely. Otherwise, the sandwich would've been gone this Sunday, NBC Philadelphia reports....
the Double Down
in case you missed
Apr 24, 2010 2:04 PM CDT
Than the Double Down
Nate Silver finds the KFC monstrosity is really only average
- So by now you've heard of—or God help you, sampled—the gluttonous monstrosity known as KFC's Double Down , but how does it stack up in the less-than-healthy world of fast food? Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight runs the numbers, creating an index of fat, cholesterol, and sodium in which the...
Touchscreens Don't Mix
in case you missed
Apr 17, 2010 6:00 PM CDT
Double Downs, Touchscreens Don't Mix
iPad disabled by the touch of KFC diners
- While foodies were debating the culinary merits of the Double Down yesterday, two selfless Gizmodo reporters sacrificed their guts and their gadgets to confirm the somewhat foregone conclusion that the sandwich might not pair so well with a touchscreen device. The pair were presumably unsurprised to find their iPad disabled...
KFC's Double Down
Is Double Blech
Apr 12, 2010 2:24 PM CDT
KFC's Double Down Is Double Blech
Reviewers not so fond of latest fast-food monstrosity
- Congratulations, KFC, your Double Down stunt has gotten more publicity than a Nazi-themed romp with Jesse James. So here's a little more, in the form of what the reviewers are saying:
The Double Down "arrives at a new low," writes Sam Sifton of the
New York Times
KFC's Double Down:
For God's Sake, Why?
in case you missed it
Apr 11, 2010 7:00 PM CDT
KFC's Double Down: For God's Sake, Why?
Sandwich with chicken in place of bread arrives Monday
- Given the national concern over obesity, Thomas Rogers wondered what in the world KFC could have been thinking when it created the grotesque new sandwich that slaps bacon and cheese, slathered in mayo, in between 2 pieces of fried chicken. Rogers, who writes for Salon , went to food industry expert...
Popular on Newser
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Another of Italy's 'Leaning' Towers May Be in Trouble
First a 7.6 Magnitude Quake, Now a Tsunami Warning
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
One Group of Creatives Has Stellar Mental Health
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.