Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Screenshots Live Forever, as
Santos Is Now Finding Out
Jan 27, 2023 6:09 AM CST
Screenshots Live Forever, as Santos Is Now Finding Out
Patch.com unearths old social media posts, comments, including one that jokes about Hitler
- George Santos has identified as a "Latino Jew," "clearly Catholic," and, famously, "Jew-ish," but whatever he actually is wouldn't excuse what the Anti-Defamation League is calling "deeply offensive" social media remarks he apparently made that have recently been unearthed. Former friends and...
Ye Just Keeps on
Talking About Hitler
Dec 6, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Ye Just Keeps on Talking About Hitler
'Jewish people, forgive Hitler,' rapper says in interview with Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes
- Kanye West's "unhinged" tour continues. After bringing white supremacist Nick Fuentes to meet with former President= Trump , followed by an appearance on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' show in which West proclaimed "I like Hitler" and "I love Nazis," the 45-year-old rapper showed up in an...
Children's Museum Worker
Fired for Halloween Costume
Nov 2, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Children's Museum Worker Fired for Halloween Costume
Man who wandered downtown Madison, Wis., in Hitler outfit is said to have cognitive disabilities
- A Wisconsin man has lost his job at the Madison Children's Museum over his choice of Halloween costume. Per a Monday statement from the museum, the unidentified employee was spotted Saturday night wandering around the city's downtown "dressed and otherwise [portraying] himself as Hitler." Madison.com...
Hitler Feared Getting Sick,
per Newly Revealed Letters
Jun 6, 2022 8:20 AM CDT
Hitler Feared Getting Sick, per Newly Revealed Letters
'If there is something bad, I absolutely have to know,' Nazi dictator said to doctor
- Screaming at Nazi rallies apparently does a number on your voice, and it seems to have spurred Adolf Hitler to see an ear, throat, and nose specialist for at least a decade. Now, details on letters written by that doctor about the World War II-era dictator have been released. Per...
May 5, 2022 1:40 PM CDT
Israel: Putin Apologized Over Hitler Comment
Russia's foreign minister said Hitler had 'Jewish blood'
Israel says Vladimir Putin has apologized for his foreign minister's controversial remarks about Hitler, reports the BBC . Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Putin apologized during a phone call for the comments made by Sergey Lavrov that Hitler had "Jewish blood," like Ukraine's leader. Bennett...
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan
Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Apr 25, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Video tweeted out by Ukraine government account showed Hirohito's photo next to Hitler, Mussolini
- Ukraine has a brand-new word —"ruscism," roughly translated as "Russian fascism"—to describe what's happening now within its war-torn borders. But its thoughts on defeating fascism went a little awry over the weekend, after a government account tweeted a video that compared Japan's...
Hitler's Birthplace to Get
'Downright Most Suitable Use'
Jun 2, 2020 11:10 AM CDT
Hitler's Birthplace to Get 'Downright Most Suitable Use'
Austrian cops to move in after $5.6M refurbishment
- Austrian authorities have presented the winning plan to redesign the house where Adolf Hitler was born in 1889: They will turn it into a police station and try to make it unattractive as a pilgrimage site for people who glorify the Nazi dictator. A design by Austrian architects Marte.Marte...
Historians Finally Get Chance
to Settle a Holocaust Question
in case you missed it
Mar 7, 2020 7:00 AM CST
Historians Finally Get Chance to Settle a Holocaust Question
Did the pope turn a blind eye to German atrocities?
- The worst critics of the pope who reigned during World War II say he remained silent even though he knew the Holocaust was unfolding. Hence, the nickname "Hitler's pope." The defenders of Pope Pius XII, on the other hand, say he helped Jews quietly , fearing that speaking...
Town Finds New Use
for Hitler's Birth House
Nov 20, 2019 2:49 AM CST
Town Finds New Use for Hitler's Birth House
Austrian building will become police station
- The building where Adolf Hitler came into this world will not become a shrine to Nazism, authorities in Austria have vowed. Officials say the 500-year-old house in Braunau am Inn, which the government expropriated after a lengthy legal battle , is going to become a police station, the BBC reports. The...
One of Third Reich's Most
Famous Children Is Dead
Mar 14, 2019 6:53 AM CDT
One of Third Reich's Most Famous Children Is Dead
Edda Goering, 80, was the daughter of Hermann Goering
- How to describe Edda Goering? She "was a sort of Shirley Temple of Nazi Germany," writes the
, while the
New York Times
calls her "practically a princess of the Third Reich." Both provide a sense of the media attention the daughter of Hitler henchman Hermann...
Trudeau: Hitler Tested Us.
Canada 'Failed Miserably'
Nov 8, 2018 10:50 AM CST
Trudeau: Hitler Tested Us. Canada 'Failed Miserably'
PM apologizes for Canada's 1939 decision to turn away German Jews
- In June 1939, more than 900 German Jews fleeing persecution by the Nazis were forced to return to Europe, including 254 who'd later die in concentration camps. Traveling aboard the MS St. Louis, they'd been turned away by the US and Cuba before a group of Canadians urged...
'Curse of the Worst
Family Name' Lives On
Oct 9, 2018 10:00 AM CDT
'Curse of the Worst Family Name' Lives On
Hitler's great-nephew describes broken engagement in interview
- Hitler became Hiller, then Stuart-Houston. The name changes allowed Adolf Hitler's last living descendants on his father's side to keep a quiet life in New York, the
New York Post
reports via German newspaper
, which recently visited Hitler's three great-nephews on Long Island. Sons of Hitler'...
Mo. GOP Denounces 'Vile'
Remarks of Primary Winner
Aug 10, 2018 10:31 AM CDT
Mo. GOP Denounces 'Vile' Remarks of Primary Winner
Steve West, known for bigotry and conspiracy theories, won nomination for state House seat
- He calls himself Jack Justice, has a YouTube channel in which he puts on a wig and fake beard and spouts conspiracy theories, and said last year on a radio show: "Hitler was right about what was taking place in Germany. And who was behind it." Steve West...
Study of 'Hitler's
May 20, 2018 9:50 AM CDT
Study of 'Hitler's Teeth' Slams Conspiracy Theorists
'We can stop all the conspiracy theories about Hitler,' says study co-author
- Conspiracy theorists, take note: A new study of teeth and bone stored in Moscow concludes that Hitler really did die in 1945, AFP reports. "The teeth are authentic, there is no possible doubt," says study co-author Philippe Charlier. "Our study proves that Hitler died in 1945. We...
Bell With Swastika, Hitler
Honors to Remain in Church
Feb 27, 2018 9:45 AM CST
Bell With Swastika, Hitler Honors to Remain in Church
German councilors say it will be a memorial against injustice; others aren't so sure
- A church bell marked with a swastika and a German phrase translating to "Everything for the Fatherland—Adolf Hitler" will remain hanging in the village in Germany, despite fears it could draw neo-Nazi groups. Councilors in Herxheim am Berg, some 60 miles southwest of Frankfurt, voted 10-3 Monday to...
Museum Defends 'Fun' Hitler
Exhibit, Says Teens Love It
Nov 10, 2017 10:14 AM CST
Museum Defends 'Fun' Hitler Exhibit, Says Teens Love It
Indonesia's Nazi display is causing outrage
- The teenagers smile as they take selfies with a heroically posed Hitler, apparently unaware that the giant backdrop to their happy moment is the Auschwitz-Birkenau extermination camp where more than a million people were exterminated by the Nazi dictator's regime. It's a scene that plays out every day...
for Hitler Gaffe
Apr 12, 2017 12:21 AM CDT
Spicer Apologizes for Hitler Gaffe
Democratic, Jewish groups want him to quit
- Sean Spicer has had another try at walking back his comments about Hitler not using chemical weapons —and this time, he didn't use the phrase "Holocaust centers." The White House press secretary told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Tuesday evening that he was "trying to make...
What Not to Put in a
Kids Coloring Book: Hitler
Apr 6, 2017 9:11 AM CDT
What Not to Put in a Kids Coloring Book: Hitler
Dutch chain has apologized for the 'inappropriate image'
- A chain of Dutch stores has apologized after inadvertently selling children's coloring books featuring an image of Adolf Hitler. The Kruidvat chain of drugstores posted a statement on its website saying the coloring books, which went on sale this week, were immediately pulled from shelves after the discovery of...
Found Was Hitler's
Mar 24, 2017 6:27 AM CDT
JFK Diary: No Complete Evidence Body Found Was Hitler's
He had in him the stuff of 'legends,' Kennedy wrote in his diary in 1945
- In the aftermath of World War II, a young John F. Kennedy toured Hitler's mountaintop retreat and recorded his thoughts about the German dictator. "Within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived,...
Hitler House Not Being
Torn Down After All
Dec 15, 2016 12:54 PM CST
Hitler House Not Being Torn Down After All
Home in Braunau am Inn, Austria, will be used by charity for the disabled
- Austrian government officials have decided to transform the home where Adolf Hitler was born into a base for a charity, not tear down the property as some had demanded. Thursday's decision comes a day after lawmakers overwhelmingly approved an Interior Ministry bill to dispossess the owner, who had refused...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Here's What People Are Saying After Biden's State of the Union
After Tyre Nichols' Beating, a Pic Began Making the Rounds
Elian Gonzalez Is Making Headlines Again
Finding Puts 'Extra Nail in the Coffin' on Neanderthal Theory
Newly Released Selfie Shows Gabby Petito 'Documenting' Injuries
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.