Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Is in Crisis'
Sep 17, 2018 3:58 AM CDT
Hillary Clinton: 'Our Democracy Is in Crisis'
She says Trump is as bad as she feared
- After President Trump's election victory in 2016, "I hoped that my fears for our future were overblown," Hillary Clinton writes in a blistering essay in the
. "They were not." In the essay, Clinton slams the "unspeakable" and "monstrous" actions of Trump's...
Russian Trolls Apparently
Whipped Up Frenzy
Aug 24, 2018 11:40 AM CDT
Russian Trolls Apparently Whipped Up Frenzy Over Vaccines
Kremlin-linked accounts argued both sides to sow discord: study
- You might think twice about heading to Twitter or Facebook to read about vaccinations. "A significant portion of the online discourse about vaccines may be generated by malicious actors with a range of hidden agendas," says George Washington University's David Broniatowski, author of a new study calling...
What Trump's Voter-Fraud
Aug 4, 2018 11:29 AM CDT
What Trump's Voter-Fraud Commission Found
Not much, according to Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap
- The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration to investigate the 2016 presidential election uncovered no evidence to support the president's claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released, the AP reports. In a letter to Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas...
Trump Now Holds
Jul 18, 2018 6:15 PM CDT
Trump Now Holds Putin 'Responsible'
Trump continues to turn 'would' into 'wouldn't'
- Head on a swivel, people: President Trump now says he would hold Vladimir Putin personally responsible for Russian meddling in the 2016 election, CNN reports. Trump—who said two days ago that "I don't see any reason why it would be Russia" and then added a key contraction...
Investors Worry About
Scale of Twitter Purges
Jul 18, 2018 2:35 AM CDT
Investors Worry About Scale of Twitter Purges
58M accounts were suspended in 3 months
- Twitter suspended at least 58 million user accounts in the final three months of 2017, according to data obtained by the AP . The figure highlights the company's newly aggressive stance against malicious or suspicious accounts in the wake of Russian disinformation efforts during the 2016 US presidential campaign. Last...
Jul 17, 2018 1:44 AM CDT
Trump Slammed as 'Treasonous,' 'Disgraceful'
Even allies dismayed by Putin remarks
- President Trump is getting what could be the worst press of his presidency after a press conference with Vladimir Putin that is widely being described as disgraceful. Trump, standing alongside the Russian leader after their summit in Helsinki, rejected the finding of American intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the...
Russian Bots Poised to Target
US Midterm Elections
Jul 15, 2018 4:00 PM CDT
Russian Bots Poised to Target US Midterm Elections
A site linked to the 2016 meddling claims to provide 'objective and independent" information'
- An array of Russia-linked bots, trolls, and sites like one called USAReally appear to be testing the waters for pulling off meddling similar to that seen in the 2016 presidential election in the upcoming midterms, reports the AP . USAReally was launched in May by the Federal News Agency, part of...
$2M for Dirt
Jun 17, 2018 10:30 AM CDT
Roger Stone: Russian Wanted $2M for Dirt on Hillary
Trump confidant now recalls meeting with mysterious Russian
- Two associates of President Trump claim the whole thing was an FBI setup. Longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone admits he met a man with a thick Russian accent in Florida in 2016, and the man—who went by the name Henry Greenberg—wanted $2 million for political dirt on Hillary...
Mystery of Mitt Romney's
Presidential Vote Solved
May 31, 2018 9:55 AM CDT
Mystery of Mitt Romney's Presidential Vote Solved
He wrote in the name of his wife, Ann
- Mitt Romney said long before the November 2016 election he wouldn't be casting his ballot for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, but the person he did vote for has remained a mystery—until now. "I wrote in the name of a person who I admire deeply, who...
Demand of DOJ
May 21, 2018 3:34 AM CDT
Trump Makes 'Unprecedented' Demand of DOJ
He suggests campaign 'infiltration' was politically motivated, wants new investigation
- President Trump took another leap into uncharted territory Sunday with a demand for the Justice Department to investigate whether the FBI infiltrated his 2016 campaign. Trump tweeted that he would officially demand Monday that the department "look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign...
Russian Facebook Ads
May 10, 2018 4:50 PM CDT
Lawmakers Release Russian Facebook Ads
They took both sides on the issues
- Curious to see the Facebook ads bought by Russian agents? Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee just released about 3,500 of them on issues from gun control to Black Lives Matter to immigration—often taking multiple sides on the same issue, the
reports. "They sought to...
on Russia: 'No
Apr 27, 2018 10:09 AM CDT
House Panel on Russia: 'No Evidence' Trump Campaign Colluded
But Dems say probe into Russian election interference was sloppy, wrapped up too quickly
- House Intelligence Committee Republicans have released their final findings on Russian interference in the 2016 US election, ending a yearlong probe, per the
. The heavily redacted 253-page report puts President Trump and his cohorts generally in the clear, noting the panel found "no evidence that the Trump...
DNC Suit Alleges
Apr 20, 2018 12:30 PM CDT
DNC Suit Alleges 'Unprecedented Treachery' From Trump Campaign
Complaint says Trump associates 'gleefully' welcomed Russia's help in tilting election
- It was a "brazen attack on US soil" during the 2016 election, claims the Democratic National Committee—and now it's suing the Russian government, WikiLeaks, and Donald Trump's campaign for "unprecedented treachery." The
reports the DNC filed its complaint Friday in New York...
We Warned Clinton
Feb 22, 2018 5:10 AM CST
Bernie Sanders: We Warned Clinton About Russians
He says his supporters were targeted by bot campaign
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says that in some ways, Robert Mueller's report on Russian election meddling isn't news to him—because he knew before the 2016 election that his supporters were being targeted by people seeking to "sow division within the American people." Sanders tells the
Facebook Will Use Postcards
to Stop Russian Meddling
Feb 19, 2018 12:43 AM CST
Facebook Will Use Postcards to Stop Russian Meddling
New system will be rolled out for midterms
- Facebook will soon rely on centuries-old technology to try to prevent foreign meddling in US elections: the post office. Baffled in 2016 by Russian agents who bought ads to sway the presidential campaign, Katie Harbath, Facebook's global politics and government outreach director, told a meeting of the National Association...
George W. Bush Counters
Trump on Russian Meddling
Feb 8, 2018 10:10 AM CST
George W. Bush Counters Trump on Russian Meddling
Says 'there's pretty clear evidence'
- Former President George W. Bush said on Thursday that "there's pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled" in the 2016 American presidential election, forcefully rebutting fellow Republican Donald Trump's denials of Moscow trying to affect the vote, reports the AP . While never mentioning President Trump by name,...
Days After Leaving FBI,
More on Probe Into McCabe
Jan 31, 2018 9:00 AM CST
Days After Leaving FBI, More on Probe Into McCabe
Sources say DOJ is looking into possible Andrew McCabe stall on emails tied to Clinton
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe left the FBI earlier this week, but it looks like he'll still be on the DOJ's radar for a while. Sources tell the
the agency's former No. 2 has been the subject of a months-long probe by DOJ Inspector General...
Trump Scraps His Own
Jan 4, 2018 1:05 AM CST
Trump Scraps His Own Controversial Commission
Voter fraud panel had a short and troubled existence
- President Trump's controversial voter fraud commission is history after holding a grand total of two meetings. The White House says the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity—set up last year to investigate Trump's claims that millions of people illegally voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016—is being...
Sources: Russia 'Will Be
Back' for Next US Elections
Dec 26, 2017 7:33 AM CST
Sources: Russia 'Will Be Back' for Next US Elections
US has had warnings on Russian disinformation campaign, but a 'piecemeal' reaction to it
- As the debate about Russia's interference in the 2016 US election pushes into 2018, a look behind the scenes at American counterintelligence efforts reveals red flags have long been waving—but that the US formed what the
calls a "piecemeal response" rife with players who didn'...
Book on Trump Spills
Details of His Bad Habits
Dec 4, 2017 11:42 AM CST
Book on Trump Spills Details of His Bad Habits
Related to diet and language, at least while on the campaign trail
Let Trump Be Trump
is the title of a book on the president written by two men who advised his campaign, Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie. The
got an early look at the book, which will be released Tuesday, and cobbles together anecdotes on what "being Trump"...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.