Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Newspaper Is Victim of Hate
Campaign Over Bogus Reason
Sep 21, 2023 11:20 AM CDT
Newspaper Is Victim of Hate Campaign Over Bogus Reason
Online critics falsely accuse 'Las Vegas Review-Journal,' issue threats to reporter
- A Las Vegas newspaper is being viciously attacked online for its coverage of an alleged murder of a retired police chief, with critics guilty of either a misunderstanding or a deliberate attempt to mislead, per the AP . The "firehose of hatred" has led the
Las Vegas Review-Journal
Man Who Keeps Trying to 'Run'
Across the Ocean Is Arrested
Sep 6, 2023 1:00 PM CDT
Man Who Keeps Trying to 'Run' Across the Ocean Is Arrested
Is there nothing a Florida man won't do?
- The US Coast Guard has arrested a Florida man who was attempting to "run" across the Atlantic Ocean in a large hamster wheel. Marathon runner Reza Baluchi was found about 70 nautical miles east of Georgia's Tybee Island on Aug. 26 in what officials described as a "...
Influencer's Rant Over French
Wine Tour Costs Her
in case you missed it
Aug 20, 2023 7:30 AM CDT
Influencer's Rant Over French Wine Tour Costs Her
'I absolutely want her dead,' Tana Mongeau griped about international wine expert who led tour
- A YouTube influencer is finding out the hard way that publicly slamming a French wine tour, including by calling for a wine expert's death, isn't the way to hold onto sponsors. On her Aug. 6
podcast , Tana Mongeau got into the weeds on her recent visit to...
Fulton County Sheriff Steps In
Over Threats to Trump Jurors
Aug 18, 2023 11:53 AM CDT
Fulton County Sheriff Steps In Over Threats to Trump Jurors
Investigation is underway after threats directed toward members of grand jury popped up online
- Earlier this week, reports emerged that threats were being directed online toward members of the Georgia grand jury who opted to indict former President Donald Trump and 18 others over attempts to overturn the 2020 election. Now, the Fulton County Sheriff's Office is stepping in and launching an investigation...
Texas Woman Charged With
Threatening Trump Judge
Aug 17, 2023 5:03 AM CDT
Texas Woman Charged With Threatening Trump Judge
'If Trump doesn't get elected in 2024, we are coming to kill you,' she allegedly told Chutkan
- A Texas woman left a voicemail message threatening to kill the judge overseeing former President Trump's federal election interference case, prosecutors say. Abigail Jo Shry, 43, allegedly called the chambers of US District Judge Tanya Chutkan on August 5, two days after the former president was arraigned in the...
DeSantis' Threat to Slit
Throats Draws Response
Aug 3, 2023 6:10 PM CDT
DeSantis' Threat to Slit Throats Draws Response
Federal workers union calls statement in New Hampshire 'disgusting, disgraceful'
- New Hampshire has brought out the tough talker in Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis—or maybe it's his rapid decline in the polls . Since he began campaigning there this summer, the Republican presidential candidate's rhetoric has become more violent, New Hampshire Public Radio reports. He's told voters there...
SCOTUS Just Made It
Harder to Convict Someone
of Making a Threat
Jun 27, 2023 1:40 PM CDT
SCOTUS Just Made It Harder to Convict Someone of Making a Threat
Case involved man who sent threatening messages on Facebook
- The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday to make it more difficult to convict a person of making a violent threat, including against the president or other elected officials. The Biden administration had warned that the internet and social media have expanded the number and kinds of threats in recent years, including...
for US: Report
Jun 9, 2023 7:35 AM CDT
Crown Prince MBS Vowed 'Consequences' for US: Report
In classified doc seen by 'WaPo,' de facto Saudi leader spouted off after Biden's own threat last year
- Last fall, President Biden warned of "consequences" headed Saudi Arabia's way after the kingdom cut oil production, which in effect proved helpful to Russia as it continued its invasion into Ukraine. Biden later seemed to walk back his admonition in favor of trying to repair strained ties between...
FBI Releases Files on
Threat to Assassinate Queen
May 26, 2023 7:11 AM CDT
FBI Releases Files on Threat to Assassinate Queen
San Francisco man allegedly wanted revenge for daughter's death in Northern Ireland
- The FBI has released some of its files on Queen Elizabeth II's travels to the US—including details of an alleged assassination plot during her 1983 visit. The files state that the FBI received a call from a man who said someone he knew from an Irish club frequented...
Prosecutors: White House
Crash Suspect Not a US Citizen
May 25, 2023 10:39 AM CDT
Prosecutors: White House Crash Suspect Not a US Citizen
Missouri teen allegedly told investigators he wanted to seize power, admired Nazis
- The Missouri resident who allegedly crashed a U-Haul into barriers near the White House Monday night and said he wanted to overthrow the government isn't an American citizen, a prosecutor disclosed during an initial court appearance Wednesday. The prosecutor also said 19-year-old Sai Varshith Kandula isn't a lawful...
Suspect in White House
Truck Crash Is Missouri Teen
May 23, 2023 2:35 PM CDT
Suspect in White House Truck Crash Is Missouri Teen
Sources say Sai Varshith Kandula told officers he wanted to kill Biden, seize power
- The man charged with threatening to kill the president after crashing a U-Haul into barriers near the White House Monday night has been identified as a 19-year-old Missouri resident. Law enforcement sources tell ABC that Sai Varshith Kandula told officers that he planned to kill President Biden and seize control...
U-Haul With Nazi Flag Crashes
Into Barriers Near White House
May 23, 2023 7:31 AM CDT
U-Haul With Nazi Flag Crashes Into Barriers Near White House
Man is charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, threatening a president or VP
- A man has been charged with threatening the president after a U-Haul truck crashed into security barriers across the street from the White House late Monday. Investigators believe the driver intentionally struck the barriers on the north side of Lafayette Square just before 10pm. A witness tells NBC Washington that...
Man Who Threatened
Merriam-Webster Is Sentenced
Apr 15, 2023 9:10 AM CDT
Man Who Threatened Merriam-Webster Is Sentenced
Jeremy Hanson will likely spend an additional 4 months in prison
- A California man who pleaded guilty to sending repeated death threats to Merriam-Webster because he was upset with its definitions on gender identity has been sentenced to one year and one day in prison. The sentence handed down to Jeremy David Hanson by a federal court in Massachusetts on Thursday...
Trump on Threats.
Now Judge Is
Apr 6, 2023 6:25 AM CDT
Judge Warned Trump on Threats. Now Judge Is Getting 'Dozens'
Juan Merchan and his family, court have all been on the receiving end, per sources
- During his Tuesday arraignment, former President Trump was warned by acting New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan not to bring threats against anyone or say anything that could incite violence regarding the hush money case against him. Later that evening, during his speech at Mar-a-Lago in Florida, Trump ripped...
Apr 5, 2023 8:04 AM CDT
Trump Accused of Threatening Judge, Family
He called out 'Trump-hating judge,' while Trump Jr. posted photo of judge's daughter
- Given the opportunity to defend himself against 34 felony counts of falsifying business records, former President Trump delivered "a greatest hits of his witch-hunt grievances interwoven with his dark take on how the country is 'going to hell' without him," writes Michelle Cottle of the
Man Accused of Threatening
Sheriff Gets Surprise 'Welcome'
Mar 28, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Man Accused of Threatening Sheriff Gets Surprise 'Welcome'
'Welcome to Florida,' threatened Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood tells extradited suspect
- A New Jersey man extradited to Florida to face a charge of threatening a local sheriff was greeted Monday by that very man. As Richard Golden descended an escalator at Orlando Sanford International Airport in the company of officers, Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood stood at the bottom. "Hope...
'Death & Destruction'
Mar 24, 2023 12:29 PM CDT
Trump Predicts 'Death & Destruction' Over Possible Charges
Truth Social post early Friday raises possibility of violence should he be indicted
- As a possible indictment against Donald Trump continues to loom , the former president doesn't seem to be getting much sleep. The
New York Times
reports that Trump was up past midnight and into Friday morning, commenting on his Truth Social platform about the case against him in New York...
'He Has Removed
His Pants to Show the
Court His Backside'
Dec 7, 2022 11:24 AM CST
'He Has Removed His Pants to Show the Court His Backside'
Michigan man accused of antisemitic attack has 2 chaotic court appearances
- A Michigan man suspected of carrying out an antisemitic attack Friday made headlines this week for mooning a judge in an unrelated case—and causing other disruptions. WXYZ reports that 35-year-old Hassan Yehia Chokr of Dearborn has been charged with two counts of ethnic intimidation after police say he showed...
Pilot Who Threatened
to Crash Into Walmart Lands
Sep 3, 2022 12:09 PM CDT
Pilot Who Threatened to Crash Into Walmart Lands
Mississippi officials report no injuries and say suspect is in custody
This file has been updated with the plane landing.
A small airplane that circled over a Mississippi city for hours on Saturday morning while the pilot threatened to crash the aircraft into a Walmart store has landed safely in a field, the FAA reported. Gov. Tate Reeves tweeted that...
Says He Was
With a Gun
Aug 28, 2022 10:55 AM CDT
Utah Candidate Says He Was Threatened With a Gun
Man pleads not guilty to brandishing a gun at Evan McMullin
- A driver faces charges after he was accused by Evan McMullin of threatening the US Senate candidate along a southern Utah road after a campaign event in April. In a court filing, McMullin said the driver, Jack Aaron Whelchel, pulled alongside and forced the car in which McMullin and his...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Strange Case of Mom Accused in Husband's Death Gets Stranger
On Tuesday, an 'Absolutely Unprecedented' Move by Biden
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
Gunmen Open Fire on Teens, Killing 3, Over Old Grievance
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.