Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Pilot Who Threatened
to Crash Into Walmart Lands
Sep 3, 2022 12:09 PM CDT
Pilot Who Threatened to Crash Into Walmart Lands
Mississippi officials report no injuries and say suspect is in custody
This file has been updated with the plane landing.
A small airplane that circled over a Mississippi city for hours on Saturday morning while the pilot threatened to crash the aircraft into a Walmart store has landed safely in a field, the FAA reported. Gov. Tate Reeves tweeted that...
Says He Was
With a Gun
Aug 28, 2022 10:55 AM CDT
Utah Candidate Says He Was Threatened With a Gun
Man pleads not guilty to brandishing a gun at Evan McMullin
- A driver faces charges after he was accused by Evan McMullin of threatening the US Senate candidate along a southern Utah road after a campaign event in April. In a court filing, McMullin said the driver, Jack Aaron Whelchel, pulled alongside and forced the car in which McMullin and his...
This Nation Just Nixed a
Huge LGBTQ Event in Europe
Aug 27, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
This Nation Just Nixed a Huge LGBTQ Event in Europe
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic says his nation can't host EuroPride due to extremist threats
- Serbia won't allow a pan-European LGBTQ Pride event to take place in Belgrade next month, the president said Saturday, citing threats from right-wing extremists and fears of clashes. Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic announced the decision to cancel the Sept. 12-18 EuroPride celebration during a news conference, in which he...
GOP Tweet Saying
to Shoot US Agents
Brings Twitter Ban
Aug 20, 2022 12:35 PM CDT
GOP Tweet Saying to Shoot US Agents Brings Twitter Ban
Republican in Florida statehouse race suggests threat was taken out of context, though he stands by it
- US officials, including the FBI director, have decried an increase in threats to federal agents. There have been attempts to carry out such threats , as well. Another one was posted Thursday on Twitter, saying: "Under my plan, all Floridians will be able to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF, and all...
Guard Accused of
to Ditch Work
Aug 4, 2022 9:49 AM CDT
Lollapalooza Guard Accused of Ill-Chosen Attempt to Ditch Work
Janya Williams, 18, allegedly sent message to co-worker about a supposed shooting threat
- A teen security guard for the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago last week has been arrested after allegedly making a phony mass-shooting threat so she could try to clock out early. Per the
, Cook County prosecutors say Janya Williams, 18, was working the fest on...
Cheney Calls Trump 'Domestic
Threat' We've Never Dealt With
Jun 30, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Cheney Calls Trump 'Domestic Threat' We've Never Dealt With
Former president's actions were 'more threatening than we could have imagined'
- Donald Trump is "a domestic threat that we have never faced before," Rep. Liz Cheney, vice chair of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, said Wednesday, following damning testimony against the former president, who's reportedly eying a return to power. He's "gone...
In Brazil, a Troubling Clue
Emerges Over Missing Duo
Jun 10, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
In Brazil, a Troubling Clue Emerges Over Missing Duo
Blood is found on boat of fisherman who was one of the last to see journalist, guide alive
- Blood has been found in the search for a British journalist and his indigenous guide who vanished Sunday in Brazil's remote Amazon rainforest. The blood, to be tested to determine whether it is human or animal, was found on the boat of fisherman Amarildo da Costa, known locally as...
Armed Man Arrested Near
Brett Kavanaugh's Home
Jun 8, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Armed Man Arrested Near Brett Kavanaugh's Home
Authorities say he'd been making threats against the Supreme Court justice
- Police in Maryland arrested an armed man near the home of Brett Kavanaugh, and they say he told officers he wanted to kill the Supreme Court justice, reports the
. The suspect hasn't been identified and has been described only as a man in his 20s from California....
Police Took Shooting Suspect
for Evaluation Last Year
May 15, 2022 5:45 PM CDT
Police Took Shooting Suspect for Evaluation Last Year
Police say he made a threat about carrying out a shooting at his high school
- Police became aware of the suspect now being held in the mass shooting Saturday at a Buffalo supermarket last year, after they said he threatened an attack at his high school. State troopers were called to Susquehanna Valley High School in Conklin, New York, last June, the AP reports. They...
on Pompeo Spur
Paid Security Tab
Mar 12, 2022 10:30 AM CST
'Serious' Threats on Pompeo Spur Big Government- Paid Security Tab
State Dept. is reportedly paying more than $2M a month to protect ex-secretary of state, former aide
- The State Department says it's paying more than $2 million per month to provide 24-hour security to ex-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and a former top aide, both of whom face "serious and credible" threats from Iran. The department told Congress in a report that the cost of...
Butterfly Sanctuary Shuts Down
Over QAnon Conspiracy Theory
Feb 4, 2022 7:48 AM CST
Butterfly Sanctuary Shuts Down Over QAnon Conspiracy Theory
Harassment, threats at Texas' National Butterfly Center led to sanctuary's 'difficult decision'
- For most, the National Butterfly Center in Mission, Texas, is a gathering place for nature lovers. For a group of QAnon conspiracy theorists, it's a site rife with human trafficking—a debunked suspicion that has led to so much harassment and threats that the sanctuary has now announced it'...
Suspect Arrested After
UCLA Mass Shooting Threat
Feb 1, 2022 7:10 PM CST
Suspect Arrested After UCLA Mass Shooting Threat
Boulder police say Matthew Harris also threatened violence in that city
This story has been updated with news of Harris' arrest
. A former University of California, Los Angeles lecturer accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in custody. Police in Boulder, Colorado say Matthew Harris barricaded himself inside his home but was taken into custody peacefully after around three hours,...
Over Face Masks
Lead to Charges
Jan 22, 2022 8:15 AM CST
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Amelia King at Thursday school board meeting in Va.: 'I will bring every single gun loaded'
- A Virginia mom who insists she wasn't trying to threaten anyone with her remarks at a local school board meeting this week has been charged. CBS News reports that on Thursday, the board for Page County Schools convened a special meeting to vote on Gov. Glenn Youngkin's recent...
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH,
With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Dec 30, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH, With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Calif.'s Kuachua Brillion Xion, 25, told officials he was headed to DC to 'kill persons in power'
- Three days into his road trip from California to Washington, DC, a 25-year-old man was pulled over for driving aggressively by police in the Midwest, but it turned out to be not a typical traffic stop. NBC News reports Kuachua Brillion Xiong was pulled over Dec. 21 in Iowa's...
Middle School Teacher
Faces Felony Charge
Over Threatening Notes
Dec 22, 2021 9:10 AM CST
Middle School Teacher Faces Felony Charge Over Threatening Notes
Mich. art teacher Johnna Rhone denies she left threats insinuating future school violence
- A Michigan school district says a well-regarded middle school art teacher with two decades under her belt may have wanted to start her holiday break a little too early. Just weeks after a mass shooting at a Detroit-area high school that left four students dead, 59-year-old Johnna Rhone, an instructor...
Man Sentenced to Prison
After Threats to CNN Anchors
Dec 21, 2021 8:14 AM CST
Man Sentenced to Prison After Threats to CNN Anchors
Robert Lemke also threatened members of Congress, including on Jan. 6
- A California man is headed to prison for three years after threatening 50 people who stated that President Biden won the 2020 presidential election, including CNN anchors and members of Congress. "We have armed members near your home," 36-year-old Robert Lemke, who claimed to be part of a...
In Parkland, a New Threat:
'I Hope Y'all Aren't Snitches'
Dec 3, 2021 4:15 PM CST
In Parkland, a New Threat: 'I Hope Y'all Aren't Snitches'
17-year-old junior arrested after hinting at school shooting at Stoneman Douglas
- A South Florida teenager has been arrested after investigators learned he made a threat against Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the site of a mass shooting that killed 17 people on Valentine's Day in 2018. A caller reported seeing the threat late Wednesday night, according to the Broward Sheriff'...
In Secret Recording, One GOP
Candidate Threatened Another
Jun 17, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
In Secret Recording, One GOP Candidate Threatened Another
Fla.'s William Braddock warned of possible 'hit squad' for Anna Paulina Luna, per Politico
- Days after a Republican congressional candidate in Florida accused a rival of plotting to kill her , the tape is out. "I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America ... but if it needs to...
Top Cop Threatened
Man With Fake Arrest
Jun 1, 2021 7:23 AM CDT
Top Cop Threatened Man With Fake Arrest
Brian Buglio was apparently upset by critical Facebook comments
- A police chief in Pennsylvania is now out of a job and facing prison time after allegedly threatening to jail a man who insulted him on Facebook. In February 2020, East Stroudsburg resident Paul DeLorenzo had penned a Facebook post in which he accused West Hazleton Police Chief Brian Buglio...
Target to Stop Selling Pokemon
Cards in 'Abundance of Caution'
May 13, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
Target to Stop Selling Pokemon Cards in 'Abundance of Caution'
Trading cards are rising in value and spurring threats; store also won't sell MLB, NFL, NBA cards
- If you're looking to add to your stash of Pokemon trading cards, don't head to your local Target: The retail giant has decided to no longer sell them after a violent confrontation last week in a Target parking lot. Starting Friday, Target will no longer sell trading cards...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
A $1.2B Ship Was Destroyed. Now, a Sailor Hears His Fate
A Daughter Changes Her Mind About Zodiac Killer's Identity
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.