Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jun 26, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
Amber Heard's 'Comeback' Is Here
At least that's how TMZ is painting it
- In what TMZ is painting as a triumphant "comeback" a year after losing her defamation case against Johnny Depp, Amber Heard has a new movie coming out and was warmly received at the Italian film festival where it premiered. Heard and costar Luca Calvani appeared at the 69th Taormina...
Report: Depp Has His
$1M Settlement From Heard
Jun 13, 2023 5:10 PM CDT
Report: Depp Has His $1M Settlement From Heard
Insiders say he plans to split it between 5 charities
- Amber Heard has paid $1 million to Johnny Depp, bringing an end to a legal battle that lasted longer than their marriage. Sources tell TMZ that the payment to Depp from Heard's insurance company went through this month. But the money won't be with the actor for long....
'I Move On'
Jun 1, 2023 6:40 PM CDT
At Home in Spain, Heard Says, 'I Move On'
Actress reports she has film projects in the works
- Amber Heard not only assured reporters in a brief sidewalk interview in Madrid that she enjoys living there, she did it in perfect Spanish. The actress moved to Spain at some point after her legal battle with Johnny Depp, her ex-husband, ended last year, per
. A TikTok video uploaded...
Amber Heard Announces
Settlement With Johnny Depp
Dec 19, 2022 12:52 PM CST
Amber Heard Announces Settlement With Johnny Depp
She will reportedly pay him $1M to end defamation case
- When Amber Heard announced Monday that she had settled her defamation case against ex Johnny Depp, she didn't release details. However, TMZ and the Daily Beast are now reporting that she will pay Depp $1 million to end the case. TMZ adds that Heard's insurance company, not the...
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want
to Pay Amber Heard $2M
Nov 4, 2022 1:29 AM CDT
Johnny Depp Doesn't Want to Pay Amber Heard $2M
Files an appeal stating jury's verdict in her favor was 'erroneous'
- As promised , Johnny Depp has appealed the $2 million judgment Amber Heard was awarded in her countersuit to his defamation case. The jury found both Depp and Heard were defamed, ordering Heard to pay Depp $10.35 million and Depp to pay Heard $2 million, and now both are...
Amber Heard Loses
Bid for Retrial
Jul 13, 2022 4:49 PM CDT
Amber Heard Loses Bid for Retrial
$10M verdict still stands, though actress plans to appeal
- The Virginia judge who presided over the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation case on Wednesday denied the actress' request to throw out the jury's $10 million verdict and order a new trial. Heard had filed the motions last week, and Depp's team quickly opposed them. Judge Penney Azcarate also...
Depp's Lawyers Answer
Attempt to Toss Verdict
Jul 11, 2022 5:05 PM CDT
Depp's Lawyers Answer Attempt to Toss Verdict
They differ with Heard's argument that the $10M verdict wasn't supported by evidence
: It's understandable that Amber Heard would want Johnny Depp's defamation suit victory against her thrown out and a new trial ordered, his lawyers told a court Monday, but there's no legitimate reason to do that. "Virginia law is clear that a verdict is not to...
Jun 24, 2022 4:25 PM CDT
Judge Issues Order for Heard to Pay $10M
Johnny Depp owes actress $2M after trial
: The judge who presided over her defamation trial finalized the jury's award on Friday, issuing a written order for Amber Heard to pay Johnny Depp $10.35 million. After a hearing in Fairfax County, Virginia, Judge Penney Azcarate also ordered Depp to pay Heard $2 million, the AP...
Amber Heard: I'm
Not a 'Perfect Victim'
Jun 15, 2022 2:26 PM CDT
Amber Heard: I'm Not a 'Perfect Victim'
She says she's worried about more lawsuits from Depp
- Amber Heard says she has no bad feelings toward Johnny Depp—but she's worried he might try to sue her for defamation again. In the second part of her
interview with Savannah Guthrie, Heard said she "absolutely" stil has love for the actor, CNN reports. "I...
on Depp: 'He's a
Jun 13, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Amber Heard on Depp: 'He's a Fantastic Actor'
Says she understands why jurors believed him, and that she was unfairly represented on social media
- The trial may be over , but the conversation around Amber Heard and Johnny Depp isn't. While Depp, 59, marked the end of this particular legal battle with his ex-wife by joining TikTok last week, the 36-year-old Heard hasn't said much in the aftermath, other than her statement immediately...
Depp Lawyer: 'This
Was Never About Money'
Jun 8, 2022 1:20 PM CDT
Depp Lawyer: 'This Was Never About Money'
He suggests actor might not collect payout from ex-wife
- Johnny Depp's lawyers went on what Amber Heard's team slammed as a "victory lap" Wednesday to discuss the case on morning shows. One of them, Ben Chew, appeared to suggest that Depp might not collect the $10.35 million payout from Heard, whose attorneys say she can'...
Johnny Depp Joins TikTok
Jun 7, 2022 2:35 PM CDT
Johnny Depp Joins TikTok
He thanks fans in first video
- Johnny Depp is TikTok's newest star. The actor joined the site and quickly racked up more than 5 million followers as of Tuesday afternoon. So far, he has posted only one video , which includes clips of him arriving at the Amber Heard defamation trial and scenes from his recent...
Amber Heard's Sister
Offers Support After Verdict
Jun 6, 2022 2:02 PM CDT
Amber Heard's Sister Offers Support After Verdict
'I am so honored to testify for you, and I would do it a million times over'
- Amber Heard's sister is sticking by her after the verdict in the Johnny Depp defamation case. Whitney Henriquez, who testified in support of her sister during the six-week trial, issued a statement on Instagram Sunday, reports
. "I still stand with you, sissy. Yesterday, today and tomorrow I...
Dior Stood by Johnny Depp.
So Did His Fans, via Dior
Jun 3, 2022 8:17 AM CDT
Dior Stood by Johnny Depp. So Did His Fans, via Dior
Luxury brand's Sauvage cologne, which Depp promotes, is flying off shelves
- Since 2015, Johnny Depp has been the face representing Dior's Sauvage cologne, appearing in the luxury brand's ads and on its website and social media. Support for the actor from Dior hasn't faltered, even during the weeks he spent in court during his defamation trial against ex-wife...
There's So Much Wrong With
the Heard, Depp Verdicts
Jun 2, 2022 12:46 PM CDT
There's So Much Wrong With the Heard, Depp Verdicts
Both actors should have lost their cases, writes Danny Cevallos
- It's no wonder Amber Heard is "heartbroken" by the verdicts in her defamation trial with ex-husband Johnny Depp. "It means the jurors didn't believe [she] was ever abused"—physically, sexually, emotionally, psychologically, or financially—"not once," legal analyst Danny Cevallos writes at NBC...
4.4M Ask Warner Bros
to Cut Heard From
Jun 1, 2022 7:10 PM CDT
4.4M Ask Warner Bros to Cut Heard From
They accuse her of 'crusading' to ruin Johnny Depp
- Millions of people didn't wait for a verdict in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial before deciding that they don't want to see Heard in the upcoming
sequel. TMZ reports that a petition to have Heard removed from
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
is closing in on 4....
Heard 'Heartbroken' by Verdict
Jun 1, 2022 5:13 PM CDT
Heard 'Heartbroken' by Verdict
Depp thanks jury for 'giving him his life back'
- Amber Heard said she was "heartbroken" and disappointed "beyond words" Wednesday after a jury ruled in favor of Johnny Depp after a six-week defamation trial. "I'm heartbroken that the mountain of evidence still was not enough to stand up to the disproportionate power, influence, and sway...
Jury Awards Damages to Both
Johnny Depp, Amber Heard
Jun 1, 2022 2:41 PM CDT
Jury Awards Damages to Both Johnny Depp, Amber Heard
He asked for $50M, was awarded $15M
- Johnny Depp has won his libel lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard after one of the most closely watched celebrity trials in years. The AP reports that the jury awarded Depp $15 million in damages, well below the $50 million he had sought. The jury also awarded Heard $2 million in...
Johnny Depp Jury Returns
With Question for Judge
May 31, 2022 3:15 PM CDT
Johnny Depp Jury Returns With Question for Judge
They're in their first full day of deliberations
- Jurors in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation trial resumed deliberations Tuesday for the first full day since closing arguments were delivered Friday—and after around four hours, they had a question for the judge. Judge Penney Azcarate said the jury in the civil trial asked about the headline of the...
'There Appears to Be
an Amber Alert'
May 27, 2022 2:17 PM CDT
'There Appears to Be an Amber Alert'
Judge explains oddly coincidental interruption during Heard-Depp closing arguments
- It has been a particularly nasty public trial . But during closing arguments Friday in the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp defamation case, something that bordered on comic relief occurred. As Heard attorney Ben Rottenborn was making his case, alarms started going off on phones in the courtroom, reports Deadline . Amid the confusion,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
US Soldier Who Crossed Into North Korea Back in US Custody
Family Decries Cyclist's 'Sick' Murder by Laughing Teens
When a Bear Came, Mom Knew What to Do
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.