Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
This Is the
Apr 4, 2022 8:44 AM CDT
This Is the Healthiest City in America
San Francisco tops WalletHub's list; Brownsville, Texas, brings up the rear
- The pandemic made many reassess the importance of staying fit, so WalletHub looked at more than 180 of the most populated US cities to see which are helping residents live their best wellness lives in four main categories:
(including such factors as cost of basic medicine, quality of...
10 Healthiest, Most
Unhealthy Cities in America
Feb 10, 2020 9:30 AM CST
10 Healthiest, Most Unhealthy Cities in America
Head West for good health
- Staying in shape and in a general state of wellness is (and should be) a priority for most—and where you live can have an effect on how you maintain your health. WalletHub looked at more than 170 of the most populated US cities across more than three dozen metrics,...
Here Are the
Feb 11, 2019 9:19 AM CST
Here Are the 10 Healthiest, Least Healthy US Cities
Heading west for good health seems sound
- Staying healthy can be challenging these days, thanks to hectic lifestyles, conflicting advice, and rising health-care costs. WalletHub tries to at least narrow down the US cities where you might have the best chance for good health, looking at more than 170 of the most populated urban areas across more...
New Jimmy John's Sub Is
a 'Cardiologist's Nightmare'
Jun 7, 2018 10:20 AM CDT
New Jimmy John's Sub Is a 'Cardiologist's Nightmare'
The 2,190 calories in the Gargantuan exceeds the US government's recommended daily intake
- Construction workers and college students are apparently ravenous. Those are the ones, among others, being targeted by the Jimmy John's sandwich chain with its newest offering: the JJ Gargantuan , a 2,190-calorie beast that exceeds in caloric content what the US government recommends most people should eat in one...
These Are 5 of the Unhealthiest
Meals You Can Order
in case you missed it
Aug 5, 2017 5:36 PM CDT
These Are 5 of the Unhealthiest Meals You Can Order
Including a breakfast with 1,990 calories
- The Center for Science in the Public Interest is out with its annual list of chain restaurant "meals" that are so packed with calories they're more like a full day (or more) worth of food, the Consumerist reports. Highlights from CSPI's list of eight:
The highest number
This Is the World's
Apr 5, 2017 10:50 AM CDT
This Is the World's Healthiest Country
Iceland takes No. 1 spot; Lesotho is last
- Curious which nations are considered the healthiest in the world—and which ones may need a health overhaul? 24/7 Wall St. examined 170 countries with populations of 250,000 or more, using various gauges from World Bank data such as infant and maternal mortality rates, life expectancy, and tuberculosis incidence...
Jun 4, 2015 12:26 PM CDT
America's 3 Unhealthiest Meals
Check to see if your favorite chain restaurants are on this 'yummy' list
- Jayne Hurley and Bonnie Liebman of the Center for Science in the Public Interest note it's not easy to win top "honors" in the category of "Xtreme Eating." But never fear: The winners of their "Worst Chain Restaurant Meals of the Year" "have what...
11 Bad Habits
of the Stars
Jul 20, 2013 12:54 PM CDT
11 Bad Habits of the Stars
Rich, famous, but not always healthy
- Not all celebrities are like Gwyneth Paltrow, existing on air, kale, and good vibes alone. No, quite a few of them indulge in some distinctly unhealthy habits, from smoking to chowing down on junk food to spending too much time in the sun. The Stir rounds up 11 of the...
Jan 16, 2013 12:38 PM CST
Most Caloric Restaurant Dishes 'Honored'
That IHOP platter has about as many calories as you should eat in a day
- The average person should ingest around 2,000 calories per day ... which is what makes it so incredible that the Cheesecake Factory's Bistro Shrimp Pasta contains 3,120 calories. It's the top "winner" of this year's Xtreme Eating Awards, which highlight the highest-calorie meals you can...
Nutella Maker Settles
$3M 'Candy Bar' Lawsuit
Apr 29, 2012 3:30 PM CDT
Nutella Maker Settles $3M 'Candy Bar' Lawsuit
Athena Hohenberg's class-action suit worth $4 per jar
- Bought Nutella over the past four years? You're in luck: Fererro USA, which makes the creamy spread, has set aside $3 million to settle a class-action lawsuit from a California mom. Athena Hohenberg filed the suit in reaction to Nutella's advertising claim that the product is "an...
Woman Eats Only Pizza
for 31 Years
in case you missed it
Feb 18, 2012 7:52 AM CST
Woman Eats Only Pizza for 31 Years
Selective Eating Disorder puts Londoner's health at risk
- Turns out eating cheese-and-tomato pizzas for 31 years isn't very good for you—who knew. But a British woman says she can't face anything else on her plate without getting the shakes, ANI reports. “I’m actually scared of fruit and veg," says London resident Claire...
Unhealthy? Then Shut Up
About Health Reform: Maher
Sep 18, 2009 8:00 PM CDT
Unhealthy? Then Shut Up About Health Reform: Maher
- Fat? Out of shape? Otherwise unhealthy? Then shut your trap about health-care reform until you do something about your own well-being, comedian Bill Maher writes for the Huffington Post. “Unlike most liberals, I’m glad all those teabaggers marched on Washington last week,” he snickers. “Because judging...
Popular on Newser
US Population on Track for 'Historic' Swerve
Trump Weighs In on Tyre Nichols Beating
They Make a Living Scamming Scammers
Priscilla Presley Fights Trust Document
It's the Most Imaginative Technical Foul of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.