Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sophia Loren, 89, Takes a
Fall at Her Swiss Home
Sep 25, 2023 11:07 AM CDT
Sophia Loren, 89, Takes a Fall at Her Swiss Home
Movie legend is now recuperating after surgery for a leg fracture 'went very well'
- Film legend Sophia Loren is recovering from successful surgery for a leg fracture after she fell in her Switzerland home, an agent for the 89-year-old Italian actor said Monday. Agent Andrea Giusti said in an email that Loren fell in a bathroom on Sunday and that the surgery was performed...
Crawford on '86
'I Was Like
Sep 21, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Crawford on '86 Oprah Interview: 'I Was Like the Chattel'
Supermodel looks back on uncomfortable talk-show appearance, offers thoughts on ex Richard Gere
- The Apple TV+ docuseries
The Super Models
debuted Wednesday, detailing the careers of Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, and, perhaps the most famous of them all, Cindy Crawford. The first episode brings Crawford to the screen, where she makes not only rare comments about her first marriage to actor...
Love Seems to Be
in the Air for Tom Brady
Jul 25, 2023 8:20 AM CDT
Love Seems to Be in the Air for Tom Brady
Ex-NFL quarterback has reportedly 'been in touch' with model Irina Shayk for a 'few weeks'
- Tom Brady is neighbors with his ex, Gisele Bundchen, but he may not be popping over to borrow eggs and sugar anytime soon. That's because his time has apparently been occupied of late with a rumored new romantic interest: Russian model Irina Shayk, who was previously linked with actor...
Wife Strike a
Deal on Divorce
Jun 21, 2023 10:25 AM CDT
Armie Hammer, Wife Strike a Deal on Divorce
Settlement reached nearly 3 years after Elizabeth Chambers filed
- Armie Hammer is almost a single man again. TMZ reports that legal documents show the 36-year-old
Call Me by Your Name
actor has reached a divorce settlement with estranged wife Elizabeth Chambers, nearly three years after she first filed to split. Details are scarce, other than that the arrangement centers...
Celebs: We Shouldn't Be
Liable for FTX Endorsements
Apr 19, 2023 2:20 PM CDT
Celebs: We Shouldn't Be Liable for FTX Endorsements
The idea is 'nonsense,' Tom Brady, Larry David, others claim in court docs
- After five months of trying, lawyers for a group of FTX investors who are suing celebrity endorsers say they've finally managed to serve the last of them: Shaquille O'Neal. "Plaintiffs in the billion $ FTX class action case just served @SHAQ outside his house," the Moskowitz...
UK Pop Group S Club 7
'Devastated' by Singer's Death
Apr 7, 2023 1:35 PM CDT
UK Pop Group S Club 7 'Devastated' by Singer's Death
Paul Cattermole, 46, died of so-far unknown causes, right before band's reunion tour in October
- Paul Cattermole, a member of early-2000s British pop group S Club 7, has died just weeks after the band announced a reunion tour. He was 46. The band and Cattermole's family said Friday that "it is with great sadness that we announce the unexpected passing of our beloved...
We Can't Stop
Mar 30, 2023 9:55 AM CDT
We Can't Stop Watching This 'Strange, Juicy' Paltrow Trial
Somehow, there's something utterly fascinating about the legal proceedings on Goop founder's ski crash
- Gwyneth Paltrow's ski crash trial has been in progress for more than a week, and inexplicably, America can't stop watching it. On one side of the case is 76-year-old Terry Sanderson, who's suing the 50-year-old actor and Goop founder, claiming she skied into him in February 2016...
Dick Van Dyke Offers
a Post-Crash Update
Mar 27, 2023 7:40 AM CDT
Dick Van Dyke Offers a Post-Crash Update
Actor, 97, tells paparazzi he's fine but 'sore all over' after March 15 accident in Malibu
- A spoonful of sugar may be helping the medicine go down after all, because Dick Van Dyke seems to be doing A-OK after his California car accident earlier this month. "[I'm] pretty good—I'm sore all over," the 97-year-old actor, known for classic '60s films...
Died, He Was
the Man Behind
Mar 20, 2023 8:32 AM CDT
When Celebrities Died, He Was the Man Behind the Scenes
Ed Winter, former Los Angeles County coroner, has died at 73
- When celebrities died in Los Angeles County, there was one man's name you could pretty much count on hearing: that of Ed Winter, the county's former deputy coroner, who handled investigations into the deaths of some of the most high-profile stars in Hollywood. Now, a goodbye to Winter...
The Oscars Got
Mar 13, 2023 6:53 AM CDT
The Oscars Got Pretty Emotional
Some of the night's best moments included a tribute from Travolta, reunion between Indiana Jones stars
Everything Everywhere All at Once
was the big winner at Sunday night's Academy Awards , but there were plenty of big moments to go around at the star-studded event:
Before the show even began, Hugh Grant made an appearance on the "red" carpet that had everyone buzzing,
Isn't Who You
Think She Is
Jan 27, 2023 11:38 AM CST
Pam Anderson Isn't Who You Think She Is
'LAT' op-ed says new memoir, documentary show a survivor who doesn't dwell on the past
- Prince Harry's memoir has been all the rage this month, but another one is about to drop that's already stealing away some of those headlines.
, penned by
star Pamela Anderson, is set for release on Tuesday, as is
Pamela: A Love Story
, a complementary documentary...
The Stars Came Out for the
Golden Globes. Then COVID Hit
Jan 16, 2023 6:15 AM CST
The Stars Came Out for the Golden Globes. Then COVID Hit
Jamie Lee Curtis, Colin Farrell, others drop out of Critics Choice Awards days after first awards show
- Celebrities came out in droves to celebrate the Golden Globes together on Tuesday, and many of the same stars were set to show up for the Critics Choice Awards on Sunday. Several, however, were forced to drop out of attending the second awards show after they discovered they'd contracted...
Toni Collette, Husband
Announce a 'Transition'
Dec 10, 2022 7:45 AM CST
Toni Collette, Husband Announce a 'Transition'
'Hereditary' star says decision to divorce after 20 years came after 'substantial period of separation'
- Toni Collette is heading into the new year with a fresh start, including in her relationship status: The
star has announced she and her husband of nearly 20 years, drummer Dave Galafassi, are officially ending their marriage,
reports. "After a substantial period of separation,...
Celebs Set Its
Sights on Mariah
Aug 30, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Prosecutors: Gang Targeting Celebs Set Its Sights on Mariah
26 are now facing charges related to the 'Drug Rich' gang
- A violent street gang has been targeting the homes of the wealthy and famous in Atlanta, including pop star Mariah Carey, prosecutors said Monday. They announced a 220-count indictment alleging attempted murders, shootings, kidnappings, home invasions, armed robberies, and carjackings by 26 members of the "Drug Rich" gang, some...
Kirsten Dunst Marries
Longtime Beau Plemons
Jul 9, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Kirsten Dunst Marries Longtime Beau Plemons
Couple weds after 6 years, 2 kids together
- They have two kids together and two Oscar nominations between them for their roles in
The Power of the Dog
. Now, after a six-year romance, Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons also have two weddings rings. Page Six reports the couple wed at the posh GoldenEye resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica,...
A High-Profile Couple
Calls It Quits
Jun 8, 2022 2:34 PM CDT
A High-Profile Couple Calls It Quits
Michael B. Jordan and Lori Harvey
- It's been reported that
actor Michael B. Jordan and Lori B. Harvey have called it quits after more than a year of dating, and they're both apparently taking it hard. A source tells
that they "are both completely heartbroken" and "still love each...
Cause of Death Revealed
Jan 19, 2022 12:37 AM CST
Sidney Poitier's Cause of Death Revealed
'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' star died earlier this month at 94
Sidney Poitier's death certificate reveals that the renowned actor died of heart failure. Alzheimer’s dementia and prostate cancer were also listed as underlying health issues, CNN reports.
Our original story from Jan. 7 follows:
George Clooney Has
a Big Ask of the Media
Nov 6, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
George Clooney Has a Big Ask of the Media
Star doesn't want pics of his kids' faces being published, especially by the UK's 'Daily Mail'
- George Clooney understands that, as one of the most famous actors in the world, he's going to occasionally be photographed while out in public. As for his two young kids, however, they should be off-limits, a plea he made Thursday in an open letter to the media. The BBC...
From Bob Odenkirk,
Aug 7, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
From Bob Odenkirk, Another Update
'Better Call Saul' star says he's 'doing great,' makes poignant movie reference
- If Bob Odenkirk's words of assurance last week that he was going to be OK after suffering a "small heart attack" weren't enough to calm your nerves, let his latest update offer even more of a salve. The 58-year-old
Better Call Saul
Lizzo Said She
With Star's Baby.
Aug 4, 2021 8:33 AM CDT
Lizzo Said She Was Pregnant With Star's Baby. He Responds
Singer, actor Chris Evans thrill fans with joke posts on obviously fake pregnancy
calls it "the best pregnancy news that never happened." We call it confirmation of how much we love Lizzo and Chris Evans. It started with a TikTok video posted last week by the 33-year-old "Good as Hell" singer, in which she said she wanted...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
First Trump Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty in Georgia
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
Mick Jagger: My Kids Don't Need $500M
Overturned Truck With Toxic Cargo Causes 'Multiple' Deaths
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.