Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Rand Paul Saves Fellow
Senator With Heimlich
Nov 30, 2023 6:10 PM CST
Rand Paul Saves Fellow Senator With Heimlich
Joni Ernst was choking on her food until physician-senator intervened
- A Republican Senate luncheon turned dramatic on Thursday when Sen. Joni Ernst began choking on her food. Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a physician, came to the rescue, using the Heimlich maneuver to save his Iowa colleague,
reports. The luncheon took place behind closed doors, but senators announced the...
Attacked' in DC
Mar 28, 2023 1:03 AM CDT
Rand Paul Staffer 'Brutally Attacked' in DC
Unnamed staffer suffered life-threatening injuries in stabbing attack outside a restaurant
- One of Rand Paul's congressional staffers was left with life-threatening injuries after being stabbed in Washington, DC, on Saturday as he left a restaurant. The Metropolitan Police Department responded to the incident in the 1300 block of H Street at 5:17pm, the department says in a statement cited...
Aug 16, 2022 7:44 AM CDT
Rand Paul Brings New Attention to Espionage Act
Senator wants the law mentioned in Trump search to be repealed
- A Rand Paul tweet has focused new attention on the nation's Espionage Act, and a number of outlets are exploring his call to repeal it as well as the history of the WWI-era legislation. Coverage:
"The espionage act was abused from the beginning to jail
Rand Paul Get
Into a Rumble
Jul 19, 2022 6:18 AM CDT
Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul Get Into a Rumble
The 2 Kentuckians butt heads over anti-abortion lawyer's judicial nomination getting pulled
- Sen. Rand Paul on Monday accused Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of cutting “a secret deal with the White House that fell apart,” blaming a lack of communication by his fellow Kentuckian for the failure of a federal judicial nomination, the AP reports. Further exposing long-simmering tensions between...
Rival Has Most
Ad of 2022
Jun 3, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Rand Paul Rival Has Most Controversial Ad of 2022
Charles Booker wears a noose to criticize Kentucky Senate incumbent
- It's a political ad that begins with a content warning. And the reason soon becomes clear in the controversial spot unveiled this week by Rand Paul challenger Charles Booker in Kentucky. Booker, who is Black, wears a noose and describes Paul as "the person who singlehandedly blocked an...
Senate Clears Ukraine Aid
After Rand Paul's Block
May 19, 2022 12:32 PM CDT
Senate Clears Ukraine Aid After Rand Paul's Block
$40B package on its way to president's desk
- The Senate overwhelmingly approved a $40 billion infusion of military and economic aid for Ukraine and its allies on Thursday as both parties rallied behind America’s latest, and quite possibly not last, financial salvo against Russia’s invasion, per the AP . The 86-11 vote gave final congressional approval to...
Rand Paul Stalls Passage
on $40B Ukraine Aid Package
May 13, 2022 7:27 AM CDT
Rand Paul Stalls Passage on $40B Ukraine Aid Package
Military, humanitarian aid bill has been delayed until next week at the earliest
- A $40 billion package of military, economic, and humanitarian aid for Ukraine has strong bipartisan support—but it was delayed in the Senate Thursday because it does not have the support of Republican Sen. Rand Paul. The senator from Kentucky single-handedly delayed the aid package by calling for a last-minute...
Warning at Fauci
on Possible GOP
Feb 4, 2022 1:31 PM CST
Senator Hurls Warning at Fauci on Possible GOP Midterm Win
Senator says if Republicans take back Senate, he hopes to lead investigation into NIAID director
- Longtime tensions over the coronavirus between Rand Paul and chief White House medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci are quite well-documented , but the Republican senator from Kentucky just took things up a notch, with a threat on what might happen if the GOP flips the Senate in the midterms later this...
Fauci Unloads on
Rand Paul at Hearing
Jan 11, 2022 12:07 PM CST
Fauci Unloads on Rand Paul at Hearing
After fiery back-and-forth, he accuses senator of trying to profit from the pandemic
- There's no love lost between Dr. Anthony Fauci and Sen. Rand Paul, and that became abundantly clear as Fauci testified Tuesday before a Senate panel on the COVID crisis. During the Senate health committee hearing, Paul accused Fauci of mishandling the US epidemic in general and working to "...
New Filing by Rand Paul Raises
Securities Experts' Eyebrows
Aug 12, 2021 6:44 AM CDT
New Filing by Rand Paul Raises Securities Experts' Eyebrows
Discloses wife's COVID-related stock buy 16 months late, prompting whispers of insider trading
- Rand Paul's headline-making week isn't over yet. First the Republican senator from Kentucky was booted from YouTube for a week for spreading misinformation on face masks. Now Paul, one of the most vocal lawmakers to break with federal health officials on how to handle COVID, has made a...
YouTube Dumps Rand Paul
for a Week Over Mask Misinfo
Aug 11, 2021 8:19 AM CDT
YouTube Dumps Rand Paul for a Week Over Mask Misinfo
GOP senator calls his weeklong booting a 'badge of honor'
- Marjorie Taylor Greene isn't the only Republican lawmaker who's temporarily lost social media privileges . On Tuesday, the same day that Twitter placed the Georgia congresswoman on a seven-day break for posting misinformation on the COVID vaccine, GOP Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky received his own weeklong suspension from...
Fauci to Paul: 'You Do Not Know
What You're Talking About'
Jul 20, 2021 2:10 PM CDT
Fauci to Paul: 'You Do Not Know What You're Talking About'
Both accuse the other of lying in Senate hearing
- A recurring clash between the government's top infectious disease doctor and a senator has erupted again on Capitol Hill, with each accusing the other of lying. Dr. Anthony Fauci angrily confronted Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky in testimony before a Senate committee on Tuesday. Fauci rejected Paul's...
Sent to Rand Paul
May 25, 2021 3:01 AM CDT
After 'Threats,' Suspicious Package Sent to Rand Paul
White powder is being investigated
- A suspicious package sent to Rand Paul's Kentucky home is being investigated by authorities,
reports. The FBI is providing forensic and technical support to the Warren County Sheriff's Office, and the Capitol Police are also involved in the probe, Politico reports. The package allegedly contained white...
May 24, 2021 7:18 AM CDT
Rand Paul Rejects CDC Advice on Vaccine
Senator says he doesn't need shot because he had COVID, though agency disagrees
- Rand Paul was the first senator to contract COVID , and he's skipping the vaccine because of that diagnosis. In an interview with conservative radio host John Catsimatidis on WABC, the Kentucky Republican said he doesn't need the vaccine because he has natural immunity, reports the Hill . “Until...
Report: Ted Cruz Is
Done With the Mask
Apr 16, 2021 8:48 AM CDT
Report: Ted Cruz Is Done With the Mask
CNN reports he joins Rand Paul in his stance
- Ted Cruz is reportedly done with mask wearing, and CNN has jumped all over it. The network reports the Republican senator from Texas is going maskless on the floor of the Senate, which has no mask requirement , and in the halls of the Capitol complex. It questioned him about this,...
Fauci Gets Into It
With Rand Paul
Mar 19, 2021 7:21 AM CDT
Fauci Gets Into It With Rand Paul
White House's chief medical adviser pushes back at senator's claims
- Rand Paul has long pushed back on wearing face masks and previously sparred with Dr. Anthony Fauci . On Thursday, he managed to do both during a Senate hearing on the country's coronavirus response efforts. In what CNBC bills as a "fiery exchange" between President Biden's chief medical...
Rand Paul Suggests
Controversial Pardon Idea
Dec 18, 2020 2:15 PM CST
Rand Paul Suggests Controversial Pardon Idea
Senator wants Trump to let Edward Snowden go free
- As President Trump considers presidential pardons before his term expires, Sen. Rand Paul is suggesting a controversial one in the pages of the
. The Kentucky senator says the president should pardon Edward Snowden , who is now living in exile in Russia. In Paul's view, the former National Security...
With Rand Paul
at Senate Hearing
Sep 24, 2020 6:14 AM CDT
Fauci Clashes With Rand Paul at Senate Hearing
'If you believe 22% is herd immunity, I believe you’re alone in that'
- The nation's top infectious diseases expert clashed with the Senate's top ophthalmologist in a testy congressional hearing Wednesday. The
reports that an irritated Dr. Anthony Fauci "scolded" Sen. Rand Paul after the Kentucky senator slammed the "nanny state" and argued that New York's high...
Rand Paul: Cops
Just Saved My Life
Aug 28, 2020 10:43 AM CDT
Rand Paul: Cops Just Saved My Life
Senator says he was 'attacked' by mob after Trump speech
- Rand Paul says he was leaving the final night of the RNC on Thursday when he was "attacked by an angry mob." The Republican senator from Kentucky thanked Metropolitan Police "for literally saving our lives" in an early Friday tweet , saying he'd been swarmed by more...
Aug 20, 2020 2:30 PM CDT
Another Senator Tests Positive
Louisiana's Bill Cassidy, a medical doctor, will quarantine
- A second US senator has tested positive for COVID-19: Louisiana's Bill Cassidy. The 62-year-old Republican was tested Thursday after learning he had been exposed to an infected person Wednesday night, reports the
. “I am strictly following the direction of our medical experts and strongly encourage others to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
NFL Star Charged With Assaulting Pregnant Girlfriend
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
McCarthy-Trump Relationship Is Back in the Headlines
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.