Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Miami International Airport
'I Thought I Was Going to Die':
Plane Catches Fire in Miami
Jun 22, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
'I Thought I Was Going to Die': Plane Catches Fire in Miami
3 passengers aboard Red Air Flight 203 sustained minor injuries
- A flight from the Dominican Republic landed at Miami International Airport Tuesday night, then caught fire. After Red Air Flight 203 from Santo Domingo landed around 5:30pm, the landing gear in the nose of the MD-82 aircraft collapsed. That appears to be what started the blaze, NBC Miami reports....
After Plane Lands,
Passenger Exits Onto Wing
Sep 30, 2021 11:13 AM CDT
After Plane Lands, Passenger Exits Onto Wing
Traveler at Miami International went out emergency door, likely faces federal charges
- In today's chronicle of bizarre behavior by airplane passengers , authorities at Miami International Airport say a man exited an emergency door and stood on the wing of his plane after it landed. The incident took place when an American Airlines flight from Colombia landed at the airport Wednesday evening,...
Flight Attendant Tells Customs
He Has $100. It Was $9K
Oct 23, 2019 10:46 AM CDT
Flight Attendant Tells Customs He Has $100. It Was $9K
4 American Airlines flight attendants accused of smuggling $22K in cash into Miami
- Four American Airlines flight attendants have been arrested on money laundering charges after police say they flew into Miami with more than $22,000 in cash. Carlos Alberto Munoz-Moyano was the first to be checked by customs at Miami International Airport after departing the flight from Santiago, Chile, on Monday....
Judge: No Bail for
Airline Worker After
Sep 19, 2019 8:30 AM CDT
Judge: No Bail for Airline Worker After 'Disconcerting' Find
Prosecutors say mechanic who allegedly tampered with plane may have ties to terrorists
- After American Airlines mechanic Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani was arrested earlier this month and accused of tampering with the navigation system of a plane he'd worked on in July at Miami International Airport, he admitted he'd done so. But he told investigators it was done out of a...
They Heard a 'Dog'
in the Plane's Belly.
Then a Voice
Asked for Water
Aug 17, 2019 7:30 AM CDT
They Heard a 'Dog' in the Plane's Belly. Then a Voice Asked for Water
Officials bust alleged stowaway in Miami on Swift Air flight from Havana
- It sounded like a dog in the cargo hold of the Swift Air plane from Havana that had just landed in Miami early Friday. Then: "I'm not a dog." The voice from the belly of the private charter plane, officials say, was that of a Cuban stowaway,...
TSA Officers on Leave
Over Noose at Airport
Jul 31, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
TSA Officers on Leave Over Noose at Airport
Racist display was seen in restricted area of Miami International Airport
- Two TSA officers are on leave after a racist display featuring toy gorillas and a noose was discovered at Miami International Airport. The display (see it here ) was discovered July 21 in a baggage-screening area not accessible to the public, per CNN . A TSA employee tells the outlet that...
Family: We Were Booted Off
Flight Because We're Jewish
Jan 25, 2019 8:21 AM CST
Family: We Were Booted Off Flight Because We're Jewish
American Airlines cites a different reason: body odor
- A family booted off an American Airlines flight while heading home from vacation says it was due to their religion, while the airline cites a completely different reason: an unpleasant scent. Per an American Airlines statement to Local 10 on Wednesday, Yossi Adler, wife Jennie Adler, and their toddler daughter...
Uber Driver Can't Speak
English, Draws a Fine
Jun 20, 2017 9:36 AM CDT
Uber Driver Can't Speak English, Draws a Fine
'I felt discriminated against," says Carmen Hechevarria in Miami
- An Uber driver is outraged after she received a ticket at Miami International Airport. Her crime: not speaking English. An airport security officer spoke in English to Spanish-speaking Uber driver Carmen Hechevarria as she dropped off passengers Sunday, but received no response, reports the
. "She looked at...
2 Dead in Bus Crash
at Miami Airport
Dec 1, 2012 10:56 AM CST
2 Dead in Bus Crash at Miami Airport
It hits overpass at arrivals; 3 others seriously hurt
- A bus carrying more than 30 people hit a concrete overpass at Miami International Airport today, killing two people on board and leaving three others critically injured. The bus was too tall for the 8-foot-6-inch entrance to the arrivals area, said airport spokesman Greg Chin. Buses are supposed to go...
Ammo Caps Explode
at Miami Airport
Dec 29, 2010 1:20 AM CST
Ammo Caps Explode at Miami Airport
Bomb squad moves in as primer caps blow up when worker unloads bag
- Hundreds of bullet detonation caps exploded in a passenger's luggage at Miami International Airport yesterday, triggering a terror scare. A 37-year-old man was arrested and charged with transportation of hazardous materials after the caps blew up as a baggage handler unloaded the suitcase from the Boston plane onto the tarmac....
Sep 3, 2010 7:18 AM CDT
Pipe Bomb-Like Item Triggers Miami Airport Shutdown
Luggage suspicious, bomb squad on scene
- A 70-year-old American scientist is being questioned after screeners spotted a metal canister in his luggage that looked like a pipe bomb around 9pm last night, triggering a shutdown of Miami International Airport. Four of six terminals and airport roadways were closed until 4am, AP reports.
Wife, 5 Kids
Sep 21, 2009 1:46 AM CDT
Cops Hunt Man After Wife, 5 Kids Found Slain
Mesac Damas may have fled to Haiti
- Police are hunting a man whose wife and five children were found slain in their Florida home, reports CNN. The bodies of Guerline Damas, 32, and kids aged 11 months to 9 years were discovered by police after they were contacted by relatives. Investigators believe Mesac Damas, 33, may have...
Worst Airport List
Jul 25, 2009 8:14 AM CDT
Newark Tops Worst Airport List
- With summer vacations increasing your chances of an extended stay at an airport,
Travel + Leisure
offers its annual list of airports likely to leave you grounded. The good news? Airports are getting better; even this year’s “winner” improved its delays by 3%. The list:
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
After Failed Effort to Help New Orleans, Brad Pitt Settles
Lowe's Makes Big Move to Help Workers With Inflation
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Trump Donors Respond to Push After FBI Search
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.