Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
in Plot to
Aug 10, 2022 2:23 PM CDT
Iranian Charged in Plot to Kill Bolton
Killing was to be revenge for the death of a Revolutionary Guard commander, officials say
- The US has charged a member of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard with plotting to assassinate former national security adviser John Bolton. Shahram Poursafi, 45, offered late last year to pay $300,000 for the killing, the Daily Beast reports. The Justice Department said in a statement Wednesday that the...
Bolton: I Planned Coups, and
Trump Wasn't Capable of One
Jul 13, 2022 8:51 AM CDT
Bolton: I Planned Coups, and Trump Wasn't Capable of One
'It takes a lot of work' and 'that's not the way Donald Trump does things'
- Planning a coup d'etat "takes a lot of work," according to John Bolton. He should know "as somebody who has helped plan coups d'etat" outside of the US, the former national security adviser to President Trump told CNN on Tuesday. While it's no secret...
Havana Syndrome Happening
in US, Too:
Feb 21, 2022 6:39 AM CST
Havana Syndrome Happening in US, Too:
Former national security adviser John Bolton corroborates accounts of suspected victims
- The baffling ailment known as Havana syndrome has had a common denominator in reported cases: They occurred overseas. Now, however,
reports that several cases have been reported not just in Washington but at the White House itself. In Sunday night's segment, a number of national security officials...
Feds Drop Trump-Era
Lawsuit Over Bolton Memoir
Jun 16, 2021 6:55 PM CDT
Feds Drop Trump-Era Lawsuit Over Bolton Memoir
Trump administration tried to block release, seize Bolton's profits
- The Justice Department has dropped its investigation of John Bolton and a related lawsuit exactly one year after the Trump administration sued to block the release of memoir
The Room Where It Happened
. The criminal investigation into whether the former national security adviser violated laws on the disclosure of classified...
for John Bolton
Sep 15, 2020 12:57 PM CDT
Bad News for John Bolton Over Trump Book
Justice Department opens a criminal investigation
- John Bolton might be in a heap of trouble over his book about the Trump White House. The
New York Times
reports that the Justice Department has opened a criminal investigation into the former national security adviser's memoir, called
The Room Where It Happened
. The issue is whether Bolton...
Trump Tweet: 'Corrupt Joe
Is Shot' and 'White Power!'
Jun 28, 2020 12:39 PM CDT
Trump Tweet: 'Corrupt Joe Is Shot' and 'White Power!'
The president's retweet sparks outcry on 'State of the Union'
- President Trump grabbed the media's attention Sunday morning by retweeting a video that appeared to promote white power, NBC News reports. The video (WARNING: profanity) features a line of golf carts trundling past anti-Trump protesters who shout "racist," to which a Trump supporter yells, "white power!...
Jun 25, 2020 10:55 AM CDT
Another Big Republican Won't Vote for Trump
Carly Fiorina is OK voting for Biden instead
- Carly Fiorina voted for Donald Trump in 2016 after running against him in the GOP primary, but he won't be getting her vote in 2020. "I've been very clear that I can't support Donald Trump," she tells the
She was then asked if that...
Bolton to a Mocking
Colbert: 'I Couldn't
Believe It Was That Bad'
Jun 24, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
Bolton to a Mocking Colbert: 'I Couldn't Believe It Was That Bad'
'Late Show' host grills former national security adviser, pokes fun at how 'naive' he was on Trump
- Former national security adviser John Bolton popped in Tuesday for a guest appearance on Stephen Colbert's
, and it probably didn't go as he'd envisioned it. Bolton, who's been making the rounds to promote his upcoming tell-all book , was grilled by an "unimpressed" Colbert,...
Book, Gets Muted
Jun 23, 2020 2:10 AM CDT
Reporter Asks About Bolton's Book, Gets Muted
During a phone briefing on ... press freedom
- "AT&T, we can mute that line." That was the bulk of the response from State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus on Monday when, during a phone briefing on Chinese propaganda, a reporter tried to ask about John Bolton's new book. The Reuters journalist was asking if any...
Sarah Sanders Has Unflattering
Story About John Bolton
Jun 22, 2020 10:19 AM CDT
Sarah Sanders Has Unflattering Story About John Bolton
In memoir, she says he was 'drunk on power' and cites a London trip
- Another White House memoir is surfacing, and this time John Bolton is on the receiving end of criticism. In an excerpt of
Speaking for Myself
obtained by Axios , former press chief Sarah Sanders calls Bolton "a classic case of a senior White House official drunk on power, who had...
Here's Who John Bolton
Jun 22, 2020 3:43 AM CDT
Here's Who John Bolton Is
- You probably could have guessed that John Bolton won't be voting for President Trump come November—but in an interview with ABC News on Sunday night, the former national security adviser says he won't be voting for Trump's main rival, either. "I don't think he'...
Federal Judge Rules
on John Bolton's Book
Jun 20, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
Federal Judge Rules on John Bolton's Book
Looks like Bolton's book is coming out after all
- A federal judge ruled Saturday that former national security adviser John Bolton can move forward in publishing his tell-all book despite efforts by the Trump administration to block the release because of concerns that classified information could be exposed, the AP reports. The decision from US District Judge Royce Lamberth...
The Unredacted Version
of Trump's Request to Xi
Jun 19, 2020 8:11 AM CDT
The Unredacted Version of Trump's Request to Xi
'Make sure I win,' he said, according to 'Vanity Fair'
- One of the big allegations made by John Bolton in his new book is that President Trump tried to get China's Xi Jinping to help him win re-election. According to Bolton, who is known as a prolific note-taker, Trump asked Xi to buy American farm products specifically to boost...
CBS Reporter Asks Trump
Why He Keeps Hiring 'Wackos'
Jun 19, 2020 7:41 AM CDT
CBS Reporter Asks Trump Why He Keeps Hiring 'Wackos'
President declined to answer
- President Trump has slammed former national security adviser John Bolton as a liar, a "wacko," "incompetent," and a "sick puppy," which raised a question about the former
host's hiring practices for CBS journalist Paula Reid. "Mr. President, why do you keep...
Jun 18, 2020 10:19 AM CDT
Bolton: Trump Is Not 'Fit for Office'
Former national security adviser says all Trump decisions revolve around reelection prospects
- John Bolton has begun doing interviews to promote his controversial new book , and one of the first is generating strong words. "I don't think he's fit for office," Bolton tells ABC News in regard to President Trump. "I don't think he has the competence...
Federal Prosecutors Mull
Whether to Charge Bolton
Jun 18, 2020 2:10 AM CDT
Federal Prosecutors Mull Whether to Charge Bolton
Plus more revelations from Bolton's upcoming book
- President Trump warned John Bolton might have a "criminal problem" on his hands were he to go ahead with releasing his White House memoir. Now, federal prosecutors are considering making good on that threat, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. Specifically, they're mulling whether to charge the former national...
Bolton Says He Reported
Trump to AG Multiple Times
Jun 17, 2020 4:15 PM CDT
Bolton Says He Reported Trump to AG Multiple Times
He says president asked Xi Jinping to help him get re-elected
- The Trump administration has sued to block John Bolton's White House memoir for being an alleged threat to national security—but the book portrays the "erratic" President Trump himself as the real threat to national security, according to the
New York Times
and other outlets that have received...
Trump Sues to Block
John Bolton Book
Jun 16, 2020 6:17 PM CDT
Trump Sues to Block John Bolton Book
Lawsuit seeks order to have copies already printed "retrieved and disposed of'
- John Bolton's White House memoir has been printed and shipped to warehouses ahead of a scheduled June 23 release date—but the Trump administration doesn't want it to see the light of day. The administration filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking to block the release of
The Room Where
Trump: If Bolton
Jun 16, 2020 12:02 AM CDT
Trump: If Bolton Releases Book, Charges Could Follow
President says Bolton didn't complete pre-publication review process
- President Trump said Monday that his former national security adviser, John Bolton, could face a “criminal problem” if he doesn't halt plans to publish a new book that describes scattershot, sometimes dangerous, decision-making by a president focused only on getting re-elected . Trump said it would be up to...
Jun 15, 2020 8:31 AM CDT
Trump's Niece Plans a Tell-All
Mary Trump is coming out with a book
- John Bolton isn't the only notable figure coming out with a tell-all about President Trump. The Daily Beast reports that his niece, Mary Trump, plans to release an unflattering book about her uncle in August. The 55-year-old is the daughter of Fred Trump Jr., an older brother of the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
Court in India Sets Free Men Who Raped Woman
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.