Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
She Wanted Anonymity After
Powerball Win, Didn't Get It
Sep 22, 2023 12:40 PM CDT
She Wanted Anonymity After Powerball Win, Didn't Get It
Cristy Davis advocates for winners being able to stay anonymous after scammers exploited her
- No one matched all the requisite numbers in Wednesday's Powerball drawing, which has sent the jackpot for Saturday night's picks to $725 million . Winning such a huge lottery is a moment most of us have daydreamed about, but Cristy Davis actually lived that dream, after claiming a $70...
$1.08B Powerball Ticket
Was Sold Near LA's Skid Row
Jul 21, 2023 6:48 AM CDT
$1.08B Powerball Ticket Was Sold Near LA's Skid Row
The store is small but the luck is big, says minimarket manager
- The winning ticket for Wednesday night's $1.08 billion Powerball jackpot was sold at a tiny neighborhood store in downtown Los Angeles, which will receive a $1 million bonus from the lottery. Located in the city's Fashion District, the Las Palmitas Mini Market is a few blocks from...
Powerball Jackpot Hits $1B
Jul 18, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Powerball Jackpot Hits $1B
No winner drawn Monday, next drawing is Wednesday
- The Powerball jackpot rose yet again to an estimated $1 billion after no winning ticket was sold for the latest drawing, the AP reports. No ticket for Monday's drawing matched the white balls 5, 8, 9, 17, 41, and red Powerball 2. The jackpot was estimated at $900 million...
The Hopeful Line Up
for $900M Powerball Jackpot
Jul 17, 2023 7:30 PM CDT
The Hopeful Line Up for $900M Powerball Jackpot
Game hasn't had a winner since April
- The Powerball jackpot estimated at $900 million heading into Monday night's drawing—the third biggest Powerball jackpot and the seventh largest in US lottery history—was luring more hopeful ticket buyers into shops. Debbie Kempf, store director at Cosentino's Price Chopper in St. Joseph, Missouri, said the store...
$2B Powerball Winner Indeed
Was a Hot Ticket, Suit Claims
May 26, 2023 4:16 PM CDT
$2B Powerball Winner Indeed Was a Hot Ticket, Suit Claims
Plaintiff says he's the one who bought the lucky ticket, not Edwin Castro
- A bit of the $2 billion Powerball jackpot that a California man won apparently will be going to lawyers. A lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County says the ticket Edwin Castro cashed in was stolen, CBS News reports. Jose Rivera says that he bought the ticket at Joe's Service...
Winner of US' Biggest Jackpot
Scoops Up Quite a Home
in case you missed it
Mar 12, 2023 11:21 AM CDT
Winner of US' Biggest Jackpot Scoops Up Quite a Home
Edwin Castro plunks down $25.5M on jaw-dropping mansion in the Hollywood Hills section of LA
- A "bonkers" mansion boasting a panoramic view of Los Angeles and a list price of almost $30 million popped up in the
last summer, with the magazine noting it seemed like the type of abode "you'd rarely need to leave." That coveted 13,578-square-foot...
Winner of $2.04B Powerball
Feb 14, 2023 5:02 PM CST
Winner of $2.04B Powerball Jackpot Revealed
Edwin Castro was 'shocked, ecstatic'
- The winner of November's record-breaking $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot has been revealed as Edwin Castro. He has opted to take the $997.6 million lump sum payment—and because he lives in California, he won't pay state income tax on it. Castro declined to appear at an...
Powerball Has a $754M Winner
Feb 7, 2023 12:00 PM CST
Powerball Has a $754M Winner
Ticket was sold in Seattle suburb
- A single winning ticket for a $754.6 million Powerball jackpot was sold at a department store in a Seattle suburb, Washington state lottery officials said Tuesday. The winning numbers drawn Monday night were 5,11, 22, 23, 69, and the Powerball 7. The winning ticket was bought Sunday at...
A Single Winning
Powerball Ticket Was Sold
Nov 8, 2022 12:29 PM CST
A Single Winning Powerball Ticket Was Sold
Record $2.04B jackpot goes to someone who picked up a ticket in California
- Someone who bought a Powerball ticket in California has won a record $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot after more than three months without anyone hitting the top prize. California Lottery officials tweeted that the winning ticket was sold at Joe’s Service Center on West Woodbury Road in Altadena, which...
$2.04B by the Time
Numbers Were Drawn
Nov 8, 2022 9:20 AM CST
Powerball Hit $2.04B by the Time Numbers Were Drawn
It's not yet clear if there was a winner
- After an overnight delay, Powerball numbers were drawn Tuesday morning after 9am Eastern time, CNN reports. The already record-high jackpot had reached $2.04 billion by the time the drawing took place. Winning numbers: 10-33-41-47-56, with a Powerball of 10. It's not yet clear if there was a winner.
After Powerball Drawing,
You're Still Not a Billionaire
Nov 6, 2022 6:05 AM CST
After Powerball Drawing, You're Still Not a Billionaire
Nobody had a winning ticket, pushing the record jackpot on Monday to $1.9B and counting
- In another universe, you might have played the Powerball Saturday and picked the numbers 28, 45, 53, 56, 69 with a Powerball of 20. However, that bit of luck did not happen for you or anyone else who played the record $1.6 billion lottery, reports Fox Business . For the...
Is Now a Record
Nov 4, 2022 12:38 PM CDT
Powerball Jackpot Is Now a Record
Drawing Saturday night will be for $1.6B
- The Powerball jackpot is now a mind-boggling $1.6 billion, which the AP notes is the biggest lottery prize ever. The next drawing is Saturday night. For the record, a lucky winner who opts for the cash payout would get about $782 million. Also for the record, your odds of...
Just Keeps Swelling
Nov 1, 2022 5:19 AM CDT
Powerball Jackpot Just Keeps Swelling
No, you didn't win Monday night; next drawing is Wednesday night
- There were no big treats from the Halloween night Powerball drawing, as none of the tickets sold matched all six numbers, the AP reports. The lack of a winner means the next drawing Wednesday night will be for a massive $1.2 billion jackpot. The winning numbers drawn Monday were:...
How Does a
Oct 31, 2022 10:10 AM CDT
How Does a $1B Powerball Prize Sound?
Because that's the updated estimate for Monday's drawing after no one won on Saturday
- If you thought you'd be hurling virtual daggers at some lucky stranger who won the $825 million Powerball drawing held over the weekend, put them away until at least Tuesday morning. That's because no one won the Saturday jackpot, meaning the kitty for Monday night's drawing has...
You Might Want to Grab a
Ticket for Saturday's Powerball
Oct 29, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
You Might Want to Grab a Ticket for Saturday's Powerball
Prize is set for $825M, which will be 2nd-largest ever for the game if someone wins
- If you're feeling particularly lucky this weekend, you may want to pick up a Powerball ticket. CNN reports that officials from the Multi-State Lottery Association have bumped up the prize for Saturday night's drawing in Tallahassee, Fla., from a paltry $800 million to $825 million (cash value: $410....
Someone Just Won 7th-Largest
Jackpot in US Lottery History
Oct 5, 2021 7:44 AM CDT
Someone Just Won 7th-Largest Jackpot in US Lottery History
Winning ticket for $700M Powerball pot was sold in California
- After 40 drawings without a big Powerball winner, a single ticket sold in California matched all six numbers and was the lucky winner of the nearly $700 million jackpot prize, officials said. The winning numbers drawn Monday night were 12, 22, 54, 66, and 69. The Powerball was 15. Thanks...
Powerball Jackpot Swells As
Winnerless Streak Continues
Oct 3, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
Powerball Jackpot Swells As Winnerless Streak Continues
There's been no winner for 40 consecutive drawings
- The biggest lottery prize in months grew larger after no ticket matched all five numbers and the Powerball drawn on Saturday night, per the AP . The estimated jackpot for the next drawing on Monday is $670 million. Saturday night's numbers were 28, 38, 42, 47 and 52. The...
Powerball Goes 0 for 39,
Leading to Massive Jackpot
Sep 30, 2021 12:27 PM CDT
Powerball Goes 0 for 39, Leading to Massive Jackpot
It's now up to $620M ahead of Saturday's drawing
- After nearly four months without a big winner, the Powerball jackpot has climbed to an estimated $620 million, making it the 10th largest US lottery prize ahead of Saturday night's drawing, per the AP . There have been 39 drawings in a row without a Powerball grand prizewinner, dating back...
Jun 18, 2021 8:40 AM CDT
Someone Won $731M Here. Now, 'Strange Things' Are Happening
Powerball mystery continues in Lonaconing, Md.
- Whoever won this Powerball jackpot "is no fool." That's the assessment of the
, which covers a group of still-anonymous $731 million lottery winners in Lonaconing, Md., and the "strange things" that have been happening since the win was announced in January. Everyone in the...
$731M Powerball Winner
Was Sold in Hard-Up Town
Jan 22, 2021 3:10 AM CST
$731M Powerball Winner Was Sold in Hard-Up Town
'We’re really happy for somebody' in Lonaconing, Maryland
- The latest jackpot-winning Powerball ticket, worth $731.1 million , was sold in a struggling coal mining town whose biggest previous claim to fame was being the hometown of baseball Hall of Famer Lefty Grove. Someone bought it at Coney Market, a convenience store in the Allegany County town of Lonaconing,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Strange Case of Mom Accused in Husband's Death Gets Stranger
On Tuesday, an 'Absolutely Unprecedented' Move by Biden
26-Year-Old Tech CEO Found Dead in Baltimore
3 Boys 'Paid the Ultimate Price' for Mom's Addiction
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.