Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oct 6, 2023 3:00 PM CDT
Drake Reveals Career-Pausing Stomach Issues
Says he 'probably won't make music for a little bit'
- Just hours after new album
For All The Dogs
dropped, Drake announced ... the opposite of a world tour. While on his SiriusXM show "Table for One" Friday morning, he revealed he's taking some time off to focus on his health, reports
. "I'ma lock the door...
Hit by Drake, the Weeknd
Went Viral. It Wasn't Theirs
Apr 19, 2023 8:48 AM CDT
Hit by Drake, the Weeknd Went Viral. It Wasn't Theirs
We have a new can of worms, courtesy of AI
- A song that went viral on streaming platforms over the weekend appeared to feature Drake and The Weeknd trading verses about fellow singer Selena Gomez. But as Mashable reports, "Heart On My Sleeve" was both "very good and very fake." The AI-generated tune had actually come from...
Drake Just Made a Huge
Super Bowl Bet
Feb 10, 2023 5:15 PM CST
Drake Just Made a Huge Super Bowl Bet
Canadian rapper plunked down nearly $1M on the Kansas City Chiefs, playing the Eagles on Sunday
- The sports betting machine is already in overdrive ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles, but one big bet in particular is making everyone put down their beer and wings. CBS Sports reports that Canadian rapper Drake has plunked down $965K on...
Apple Music Reveals
No. 1 Song of the Year
Nov 29, 2022 11:16 AM CST
Apple Music Reveals No. 1 Song of the Year
'Stay' by The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber tops the list
- "Stay," the smash hit by The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber, topped Apple Music's global songs chart in 2022 as the giant music streamer released its end-of-year lists and provided listeners with data on their own most listened-to tunes. Some details, per the AP :
to Have Lost
a Very Large
Bet on Fight
May 8, 2022 7:30 AM CDT
Drake Appears to Have Lost a Very Large Bet on Fight
Rapper put down $427K on losing fighter in UFC bout
- The rapper Drake placed a losing $427,000 bet on a big UFC bout Saturday night. Drake showed off his betting slip before the fight between Charles Oliveira and Justin Gaethje, one that would have netted him about $1 million had Gaethje won the UFC 274 contest, reports TMZ . However,...
Drake Withdraws His
2 Grammy Nominations
Dec 6, 2021 5:50 PM CST
Drake Withdraws His 2 Grammy Nominations
Move appears to be unprecedented
: Drake has abruptly withdrawn his two nominations for the 2022 Grammy Awards. Sources tell
that the Canadian star and his management have asked for "Certified Lover Boy," nominated for best rap album, and song "Way 2 Sexy," nominated for best rap performance, to be...
BTS Wins Big at AMAs: 'This
Whole Thing Is a Miracle'
Nov 22, 2021 7:18 AM CST
BTS Wins Big at AMAs: 'This Whole Thing Is a Miracle'
Big night for South Korean boy band at American Music Awards, including first artist of the year win
- South Korean superstars BTS were crowned artist of the year at the American Music Awards on Sunday, brushing aside challenges from Taylor Swift, Drake, and The Weeknd as they took home a total of three awards, teamed up with Coldplay for a raucous " My Universe," and closed the...
Travis Scott's Moves After
Concert Are Dissected
Nov 10, 2021 2:50 PM CST
Travis Scott's Moves After Concert Are Dissected
Sources say he went to party, left as soon as he found out people had died at Astroworld
- Travis Scott has said he wasn't aware a tragedy was unfolding during his set at Astroworld Friday night—a claim that may be backed up by his behavior after the show. Sources tell TMZ that the rapper went directly from Houston's NRG Park to an afterparty at Dave...
Kanye West Is
Now Officially 'Ye'
Oct 18, 2021 2:57 PM CDT
Kanye West Is Now Officially 'Ye'
Judge approves request for name change
: Kanye West is officially no longer Kanye West. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michelle Williams Court has approved the rapper's petition to have his name changed from Kanye Omari West to "Ye," with no middle name or last name, Deadline reports. In an August filing, Ye...
Prof to Teach
Class on Drake,
Sep 27, 2021 8:13 AM CDT
Prof to Teach Class on Drake, the Weeknd: 'It's Time'
Canada's Ryerson University is offering deep-dive course on Toronto-born performers
- If you're an undergrad at the Creative School, part of Toronto's Ryerson University, there's a class on Aubrey Drake Graham and Abel Makkonen Tesfaye that may interest you. Don't recognize those names? You likely know them as Drake and the Weeknd, and if you want to...
Artist of 2020
Dec 1, 2020 7:38 AM CST
Here's Spotify's Most-Streamed Artist of 2020
Bad Bunny leads a list that includes Drake, J Balvin, Juice WRLD, and The Weeknd
- The year's most played artist on Spotify? Globally speaking: Bad Bunny. The Puerto Rican superstar is the music platform’s most-streamed artist of the year with 8.3 billion streams globally. The Latin Grammy winner and hitmaker, who released a new album last week, leads a top five list...
OK to Play
Him in Biopic
Nov 29, 2020 11:55 AM CST
Obama Gives Rapper the OK to Play Him in Biopic
The former president says Sasha and Malia won't mind either
- Barack Obama has a message for Drake: Go for it. The former president appeared on
360 With Speedy Morman
and said he's OK with the singer/rapper portraying him in a possible future biopic,
reports. "I will say this, Drake seems to be able to do anything he...
With 'Oprah's Bank Account,'
a Record for Drake
Mar 17, 2020 9:20 AM CDT
With 'Oprah's Bank Account,' a Record for Drake
Canadian rapper has his 208th song on the Billboard Hot 100 chart
- The cast of
had a good run, but Drake's now taking over. The AP reports that the Canadian rapper's latest single, "Oprah's Bank Account," performed with Lil Yachty and DaBaby, debuted at No. 89 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, making it his 208th...
These Are the
Songs of the Decade
Dec 3, 2019 10:50 AM CST
These Are the Most-Streamed Songs of the Decade
Ed Sheeran, Drake come out on top
- As we approach the end of the 2010s, Spotify is out with the most-streamed songs and artists of the decade, per the BBC . The top five songs streamed around the world:
Ed Sheeran, "Shape of You"
Drake, Kyla, Wizkid, "One Dance"
Post Malone, "rockstar (feat. 21 Savage)"
Drake Smashes a Record,
Has Big Words for His Mom
May 2, 2019 4:37 AM CDT
Drake Smashes a Record, Has Big Words for His Mom
A recap of the 2019 Billboard Music Awards
- Mother's Day is in a couple weeks, but Drake gave his mom an early gift with a heartfelt speech at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards, where the rap star also broke Taylor Swift's record for most wins. Drake turned up the love for his mom when he picked...
Video of Drake With Girl, 17,
Resurfaces, to Internet's Horror
Jan 6, 2019 5:48 AM CST
Video of Drake With Girl, 17, Resurfaces, to Internet's Horror
He learns she's 17, then talks about her breasts
- "Drake is cancelled," declares one Twitter user, and he's not alone in that sentiment. This after a video of Drake with a 17-year-old fan was posted to Twitter late last week and has raised the Internet's collective eyebrow. In the clip, which TMZ reports is from...
No. 1 Song
of Year: the
Dec 17, 2018 12:12 PM CST
No. 1 Song of Year: the 'Anthem 2018 Deserves'
According to Digg, Ariana Grande rules the roost with 'Thank U, Next'
- "Everyone" has weighed in, and they've told Digg what the best songs of 2018 are. The site confesses it didn't use a "super fancy algorithm" to figure out what tunes were resonating with the people at large. Instead, a "human Digg Editor" pored over a...
Dec 7, 2018 10:00 AM CST
Here Are Your Grammy Nominations
It's a woman-centric year, with the ladies heavily represented in the 4 big categories
- The music of
, with Kendrick Lamar in its starring role, officially owns the 2019 Grammy Awards. Also of note: Women are heavily represented in the major four categories. The Recording Academy announced Friday that Lamar is the top contender with eight nominations, including seven for his musical companion...
Celeb Most Tweeted About
in US Isn't American
Dec 6, 2018 12:05 PM CST
Celeb Most Tweeted About in US Isn't American
K-Pop band BTS nabs most mentions in 2018
- Twitter data once again shows that South Korean boy band BTS is indeed a "global phenomenon," per
. Year-end stats released by the site identify the K-Pop group as the most tweeted about celeb in the US for a second year in a row. One individual member also...
Drake Just Broke an
Old Beatles Record
Oct 23, 2018 10:25 AM CDT
Drake Just Broke an Old Beatles Record
He notches his 12th top-10 hit of the year
- Drake is averaging more than one top-10 hit per month in 2018, and his remarkable roll just allowed him to surpass a long-standing milestone of the Beatles. Drake just notched his 12th top 10 in a single year, beating the 11 put up by the Beatles in 1964, reports
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.