Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Fetterman Explains Tattoos
After Tucker Carlson's Rant
Sep 27, 2022 5:41 AM CDT
Fetterman Explains Tattoos After Tucker Carlson's Rant
The dates on his forearm are quite meaningful, Senate candidate writes
- Earlier this month, Tucker Carlson went on what John Fetterman calls a "nearly 20-minute long," "unhinged" rant about Fetterman's tattoos, among other things. In an essay on NBC News on Sunday, Fetterman responded. According to the Hill , one of Carlson's comments—while decrying Fetterman as...
Doubt Cast on
in case you missed it
Feb 13, 2022 7:45 AM CST
Doubt Cast on 'Most Shocking Holocaust Item'
Tattoo stamps allegedly used at Auschwitz may have been made later
A tattoo kit touted as "the most shocking Holocaust item" may not date to the Holocaust at all. After the planned auction of the steel-needle stamps, which were allegedly used to tattoo Jews at Auschwitz, was blocked in November, the court asked Israel's Yad Vashem center to...
Covered His Face
on YouTube Videos,
Forgot His Tattoos
in case you missed it
Apr 3, 2021 11:16 AM CDT
Alleged Mobster Covered His Face on YouTube Videos, Forgot His Tattoos
Tats were visible on cooking show of alleged 'Ndrangheta gangster from Italy, hiding in DR
- Come for the pasta making, stay for the arrest. Since 2014, Marc Feren Claude Biart, a purported member of Italy's infamous 'Ndrangheta crime syndicate, has been on the run from authorities in his home country after allegedly taking part in a Dutch cocaine trafficking operation. The BBC reports...
Ky. Woman Gets a
Poorly Timed Tattoo
Mar 3, 2021 7:08 PM CST
Ky. Woman Gets a Poorly Timed Tattoo
It's supposed to be a self-affirmation, she says
- Leah Holland wants you to know that she is not an anti-masker—despite what her tattoo says. The 25-year-old from Georgetown, Ky., had the words “courageously & radically refuse to wear a mask” inked onto her left arm on March 4, 2020, Lex 18 reports, just two days before...
Reality Show Pulled Over
Face Tattoo Controversy
Oct 20, 2020 7:00 PM CDT
Reality Show Pulled Over Face Tattoo Controversy
Viewers said some tattoos were neo-Nazi code
- The broadcast of a new reality show in Britain was postponed after viewers got a good look at one of the contestant's tattoos. In a promotional clip for
The Chop: Britain's Best Woodworker
, numerical tattoos including 88 could be seen on the heavily tattooed face and head of...
New Patriots Kicker Will
Cover Controversial Tattoo
Apr 26, 2020 5:32 AM CDT
New Patriots Kicker Will Cover Controversial Tattoo
Justin Rohrwasser's tattoo has been adopted by a right-wing militia group
- New Patriots kicker Justin Rohrwasser says a tattoo on his arm is not representative of a loosely organized right-wing militia group that has adopted the symbol. Rohrwasser, who played at Rhode Island and Marshall, was taken 159th overall in the fifth round of the draft Saturday. He said in a...
to Do With
Mar 17, 2020 4:42 PM CDT
Presley Gerber's News Has Nothing to Do With Coronavirus
Cindy Crawford's son got another face tattoo
- Can't handle any more coronavirus news? Thank Presley Gerber, then, for this headline that instead involves facial tattoos. The 20-year-old son of Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber now has a second one, because his first went over so well . The new face tat is a star with "LA"...
Worse: It's His
Own Kid's Name
Feb 14, 2020 7:19 AM CST
Actor's Tattoo Is Misspelled. Worse: It's His Own Kid's Name
Morse code ink gets the little guy's name wrong
- Getting a tattoo that honors your child is a rather sweet thing to do. Orlando Bloom would like to show you his, for his son Frynn—er, Flynn. The latter is the real name of the 9-year-old, the actor's only child with ex Miranda Kerr, but the former is...
Cindy Crawford's Son
Defends His Face Tattoo
Feb 10, 2020 12:45 PM CST
Cindy Crawford's Son Defends His Face Tattoo
'F--- you if you don’t like it,' says Presley Gerber
- Presley Gerber is perfectly happy with his face tattoo, thank you very much. That's the message the 20-year-old son of supermodel Cindy Crawford and liquor mogul Rande Gerber has for haters after he revealed the new ink via two Instagram posts from tattoo artist Jon Boy. Those posts garnered...
In Hong Kong, Another
Form of Protest Emerges
Oct 28, 2019 9:05 AM CDT
In Hong Kong, Another Form of Protest Emerges
Anti-government protesters show their support with tattoos
- Mike Chan's tattoo needle buzzes gently as he draws a design on his customer's thigh—a figure wearing a helmet, goggles, and mask. Dipping his needle into black, red, and yellow ink, Chan hunches over his client's leg as he painstakingly brings to life the image of...
Artist Removes Tattoos
From Larry Bird
Aug 25, 2019 10:46 AM CDT
Artist Removes Tattoos From Larry Bird
Former NBA star objected to additions
- Larry Bird was surprised to see his tattoos in a mural painted on the side of a building in Indianapolis. The spider web tattoo on his left shoulder, the dagger on his right cheek, "Hoosier" on his neck—and more—don't exist on the real Larry Bird. So...
Man With Tattooed Eyes
Taunts the Police
Jun 1, 2019 12:30 PM CDT
Man With Tattooed Eyes Taunts the Police
Ethan Bramble isn't exactly turning himself in
- Yes, Ethan Bramble looks unusual. He also posts unusual messages for Australian police while they seek him on an assault charge, the BBC reports. "Nananana you'll never catch me," the 23-year-old posted on Facebook with a pic of him eating ice cream, per Australia's News Network...
What Karl Lagerfeld Thought
About Tattoos, the Middletons
Feb 19, 2019 9:55 AM CST
What Karl Lagerfeld Thought About Tattoos, the Middletons
Legendary fashion designer has died
- Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who died Tuesday , was almost as famous for his biting and often controversial quips as he was for his fashion designs. Here are a few of his memorable quotes, per the AP :
"If you come and ask me, 'I want to be
Tattoo 'Fix' Not
Actually a Fix
Jan 31, 2019 4:01 PM CST
Ariana Grande's Tattoo 'Fix' Not Actually a Fix
'Japanese BBQ finger'? 'Ring seven finger'? 'Seven finger ring'?
- Ariana Grande has now "fixed" her new palm tattoo ... kind of. Much drama ensued when the singer posted a photo of the tattoo, which was supposed to be the Japanese characters for "7 Rings" in honor of her latest single, only to find out a character was missing...
There's One Little Problem
With Ariana Grande's Tattoo
Jan 30, 2019 1:17 PM CST
There's One Little Problem With Ariana Grande's Tattoo
It reads ... 'charcoal grill'?
- Ariana Grande got a new tattoo that's supposed to read "7 Rings" in Japanese to honor her latest single. What it actually reads:
. What does that mean? A small barbecue grill, the
New York Post
reports. Japanese fans noticed the error when Grande posted a picture of...
Told to Cover Up,
Turns in Her
Aug 4, 2018 9:57 AM CDT
Told to Cover Up, Beauty Queen Turns in Her Crown
Sierra Leyde says tattoos are the new normal
- A beauty queen in the Southern California desert community of Phelan has given up her crown rather than cover up her tattoos, the AP reports. Sierra Leyde didn't have tattoos when she was named Miss Phelan at age 17. But she celebrated her 18th birthday with tattoos of flowers...
Death May Not
Aug 4, 2018 6:30 AM CDT
'Zombie Boy' Death May Not Have Been a Suicide
Family thinks Rick Genest leaned too far back on a balcony while smoking a cigarette
- His death Wednesday was widely reported to be a suicide , including by Lady Gaga , whose music video "Born This Way" helped make his tattooed face famous. But the family and manager of model Rick Genest, aka "Zombie Boy," are telling everyone to pull back on the conclusion...
I Have PTSD From
Jun 5, 2018 10:25 AM CDT
Ariana Grande: I Have PTSD From Concert Attack
Her new tattoo honors Manchester
- Ariana Grande says she suffers from PTSD in the aftermath of a bombing that killed 22 people at her concert in Manchester, England, last May. "It's hard to talk about because so many people have suffered such severe, tremendous loss. But, yeah, it's a real thing,"...
Ben Affleck Finally Speaks
on His Enormous Back Tattoo
Mar 30, 2018 12:57 PM CDT
Ben Affleck Finally Speaks on His Enormous Back Tattoo
'Garish,' is how he described it on Twitter
- If you've been wondering what's up with what
calls Ben Affleck's "very large, very colorful" back tattoo, well … so has everyone else. His uncontained tat (see a pic here ) of a phoenix ascending out of the ashes has spurred exes Jennifer Garner and...
It Looks Like a Smudge.
But Its Significance Is Huge
Mar 1, 2018 11:25 AM CST
It Looks Like a Smudge. But Its Significance Is Huge
Mummy tattoos among the oldest ever found, say scientists
- The ancient Egyptian mummy has been a favorite attraction at the British Museum since it was discovered a century ago in Gebelein, but only keen-eyed passers-by would've wondered at the dark smudges on the male's upper arm. Turns out, they were worth noticing. Infrared scans have revealed them...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Final Autopsy Results Released
Polygamous Leader Had 'Wives' as Young as 9: FBI
What Sleeping With a Weighted Blanket Does to Your Brain
Germany Uncovers Alleged Coup Plot Involving Aristocrat
Midshipmen Take Prank Tradition to New Heights
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.