Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jul 24, 2022 6:10 AM CDT
2 Murdoch Newspapers Go After Trump
'New York Post' and 'Wall Street Journal' publish scathing editorials
- Is Rupert Murdoch parting ways with Donald Trump? The conservative editorial pages of two of his US newspapers have published blistering editorials against the former president in the wake of the most recent Jan. 6 hearing , notes CNN .
Wall Street Journal:
In an editorial headlined, "The President Who Stood
Jerry Hall, Rupert Murdoch
Jul 3, 2022 6:01 AM CDT
Jerry Hall, Rupert Murdoch Are Divorcing
91-year-old media mogul married 66-year-old Hall six years ago
Last month's rumors were true: The high-profile marriage of Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall is ending. Hall, 66, has filed for divorce from Murdoch, 91, citing "irreconcilable differences," reports the BBC . Hall, who was famously married to Mick Jagger previously, is seeking unspecified financial support. She...
Biden's Pick as
the World's Most
Apr 4, 2022 5:36 PM CDT
Book Names Biden's Pick as the World's Most Dangerous Man
Comments about Fox News owner are the president's first on the record
- President Biden has never commented publicly on Rupert Murdoch. Now there's evidence of what he's been thinking all along about the owner of Fox News. A new book says the president referred to Murdoch last year as "the most dangerous man in the world," the Hill...
Mind on Trump
Nov 18, 2021 1:20 AM CST
Rupert Murdoch Speaks His Mind on Trump
Says former president should stop focusing on the past
- Rupert Murdoch doesn't often speak poorly—or, for that matter, at all—about former President Trump, but the News Corp founder let his opinion be known at the annual meeting of company stockholders Wednesday. Speaking of "the current American political debate," he said, "It is crucial...
'I'm Going Home'
Sep 16, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
Piers Morgan: 'I'm Going Home'
He's joining News Corp., will host new weeknight show on Fox Nation
- Piers Morgan has found a new job following his explosive departure from
Good Morning Britain
. The political pundit is joining News Corp. and Fox News Media in a partnership that will see him host a new weeknight show to air in the US, UK, and Australia in 2022. He'll...
Fox Decides Weather
Is the New Politics
Jul 6, 2021 1:38 PM CDT
Fox Decides Weather Is the New Politics
As cable news ratings fall, streaming weather channels will try to pick up the slack
- The news can slow down at times—over a holiday weekend, for example. And with the presidential election over, national demand for political news has eased, too, with ratings for the major cable news channels all down this year. But weather is hotter than ever. So Fox Weather, a 24/7...
Who Wrote Fake
'Kam On In'
Story Is Out
Apr 28, 2021 2:10 AM CDT
Reporter Who Wrote Fake 'Kam On In' Story Is Out
Article claimed VP's book was included in 'welcome kit' for migrant children
- The reporter who penned a
New York Post
article peddling a fake claim about Vice President Kamala Harris is out. Laura Italiano announced her resignation on Twitter on Tuesday, calling the "incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against" her...
Jan 26, 2021 8:11 AM CST
Murdoch Puts Cancel Culture on Blast
News Corp chairman rails against censorship in rare public remarks
- Freedom of speech is being suppressed by "awful woke orthodoxy," according to the head of the conservative publishing empire that includes Fox News. News Corp Executive Chairman Rupert Murdoch spoke against "cancel culture" and a "wave of censorship" in rare public remarks Saturday as he accepted...
Trump Loses Another
Big Voice in His Fight
Dec 28, 2020 8:41 AM CST
Trump Loses Another Big Voice in His Fight
'New York Post' tells him to 'stop the insanity' over election challenges
- Another staunch ally of President Trump wants him to give up his fight over the election. The
New York Post
is out Monday with a headline blaring "Stop The Insanity" on its cover, reports the Hill . The editorial board refers to Trump's ongoing challenge of the results as...
James Murdoch Quits
the Family Business
Aug 1, 2020 12:30 PM CDT
James Murdoch Quits the Family Business
James Murdoch writes a terse resignation letter
- Well that's it—James Murdoch is officially out of the family business. The youngest son of media magnate Rupert Murdoch wrote a terse letter Friday quitting the board of directors at News Corp, a conservative publishing empire that owns dozens of newspapers. "I hereby tender my resignation,"...
Buyer for Superyacht
Apr 10, 2020 11:31 AM CDT
Berlusconi Seeking Buyer for Superyacht
'Morning Glory' will set you back $11M
- Looking to escape the coronavirus in style? This option will cost a mere $11 million. The "first-class" superyacht
—complete with five suites, a formal dining area, spiral staircase, marble fireplace, and sprawling decks—is being sold by the former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, per CNN . The...
Lachlan Murdoch Pays
$150M for Mansion,
Sets LA Record
Dec 12, 2019 4:17 PM CST
Lachlan Murdoch Pays $150M for Mansion, Sets LA Record
The Clampetts' old place could use some work
- The most surprising fact about the Bel-Air mansion bought by Rupert Murdoch's son Lachlan might not be the selling price, which is about $150 million. Or the fact that the house, called Chartwell, was used for exterior shots of the Clampetts' place in the credits for
The Beverly Hillbillies
At 12:02am, Disney Made
a World-Shaking Acquisition
Mar 20, 2019 6:47 AM CDT
At 12:02am, Disney Made a World-Shaking Acquisition
Its $71B purchase of 21st Century Fox properties is complete
- "Disney had been a mere behemoth," observes the
New York Times
. At 12:02am Wednesday, it became something greater, a Goliath among Davids. That's thanks to the closing of its $71.3 billion acquisition of 21st Century Fox properties, transforming Disney into an entertainment company of unprecedented...
: Fox Killed
2016 Stormy Daniels Scoop
Mar 4, 2019 10:10 AM CST
: Fox Killed 2016 Stormy Daniels Scoop
Jane Mayer reports on the ties between network and Trump
- Jane Mayer of the
is out with a lengthy story about the relationship between Fox News and President Trump that revolves around a question stated in the headline: "Fox News has always been partisan. But has it become propaganda?" Here are three nuggets generating early attention:
Rupert Murdoch Is Not
Pleased With Mark Zuckerberg
Jan 22, 2018 5:10 PM CST
Rupert Murdoch Is Not Pleased With Mark Zuckerberg
Medial mogul thinks Facebook ought to start paying for news content
- Media mogul Rupert Murdoch says Facebook should pay fees to "trusted" news producers for their content. Facebook said last week that it will boost news sources that its users rank as most trustworthy, while shrinking the percentage of news posts overall in users' news feeds. Murdoch, whose companies own...
: Kushner Told to Be
Wary of Wendi Deng Murdoch
Jan 16, 2018 7:11 AM CST
: Kushner Told to Be Wary of Wendi Deng Murdoch
But warning is described as a fairly routine one to make
- Not long into Donald Trump's presidency, Jared Kushner was told to tread carefully in his friendship with Wendi Deng Murdoch, the
Wall Street Journal
reports. The warning came via US counterintelligence authorities, per the
sources, and was based on the belief that Murdoch could be capitalizing on...
Women Who Settled
With O'Reilly 'Tired
of Being Smeared'
Dec 20, 2017 6:26 PM CST
Women Who Settled With O'Reilly 'Tired of Being Smeared'
2 former Fox News employees suing O'Reilly for defamation
- Two women who previously settled sexual harassment claims against Bill O'Reilly are now suing the former Fox News host for defamation, the
New York Times
reports. Former Fox News employees Andrea Mackris and Rebecca Gomez Diamond have joined the defamation suit filed against O'Reilly and Fox News earlier...
Saw This Fox-Disney
Deal Coming 20 Years Ago
Dec 14, 2017 1:29 PM CST
Saw This Fox-Disney Deal Coming 20 Years Ago
Meanwhile, some are worried about a decline in the quality of movies
- Disney was already a behemoth enterprise, but its proposed $52.4 billion purchase of the bulk of 21st Century Fox would make it even more of a giant. As the
notes, Disney is currently the biggest US studio in terms of box office returns, with the Marvel and...
Mega Merger: Disney Is
Buying a Big Chunk of Fox
Dec 14, 2017 6:37 AM CST
Mega Merger: Disney Is Buying a Big Chunk of Fox
$52.4B deal must still be approved by regulators
- It's a mammoth deal, and one that could have huge repercussions in the entertainment and media worlds. Disney is buying a large part of the Murdoch family's 21st Century Fox in a $52.4 billion deal, including film and television studios, cable, and international TV businesses as it...
Fox News No Longer
Airing in the UK
Aug 30, 2017 3:07 AM CDT
Fox News No Longer Airing in the UK
Citing low ratings, Fox says airing on Sky no longer commercially viable
- As of Tuesday, TV viewers in the UK can no longer get their Sean Hannity fix. Per the BBC , 21st Century Fox announced it has pulled its news feed from UK broadcaster Sky in a deal it says is no longer in the company’s “commercial interest.” The...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
After Failed Effort to Help New Orleans, Brad Pitt Settles
Lowe's Makes Big Move to Help Workers With Inflation
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Trump Donors Respond to Push After FBI Search
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.