Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Disney, Charter Reach Deal
Just in Time for Football Fans
Sep 11, 2023 1:17 PM CDT
Disney, Charter Reach Deal Just in Time for Football Fans
Cable company's customers will be able to watch ESPN's 'Monday Night Football'
- America's second-largest cable company has reached a deal with Disney just in time for subscribers to be able to watch the season's first
Monday Night Football
on ESPN. An impasse that began Aug. 31 left Charter Communications' 14.7 million customers without access to Disney channels including ESPN,...
Disney Relents After Players
Say They Want Their ESPN
Sep 7, 2023 6:30 PM CDT
Disney Relents After Players Say They Want Their ESPN
US Open competitors were unable to watch their rivals play because of Disney-Charter lockout
- A lot of people complained when Disney cut off its ESPN programming from Charter Spectrum last week during a dispute over fees. But the company was listening when tennis stars such as Coco Gauff and Daniil Medvedev publicly objected to not being able to watch their rivals' matches at the...
Ex-Disney CEO: Working
There Was '3 Years of Hell'
Sep 7, 2023 9:55 AM CDT
Ex-Disney CEO: Working There Was '3 Years of Hell'
CNBC reports on friction between former chief Bob Chapek, former/current chief Bob Iger
- When Bob Chapek assumed the leadership mantle at Disney in early 2020, it was no secret there was some friction between himself and former CEO Bob Iger—and in late 2022, the Disney board fired Chapek amid criticisms of his management, and Iger came out of retirement and reassumed his...
a Disney Cash-In
Jul 28, 2023 12:50 PM CDT
: a Disney Cash-In Without Heart
It 'ultimately exists to sell more tickets to Disney World,' writes one critic
- Inspired by Disney's theme-park attraction of the same name,
, a remake of the 2003 film starring Eddie Murphy, sees a single mother (Rosario Dawson) take ownership of a home occupied by various ghosts, which she attempts to banish with help from a medium (Tiffany Haddish), a priest...
World's Biggest Disney
Collection Is Up for Sale
Jul 9, 2023 3:25 PM CDT
World's Biggest Disney Collection Is Up for Sale
Vast collection of the 'Toy Scout' is on the auction block, featuring rare posters and Dumbo car
- Fans who agree Disneyland is indeed the happiest place on Earth will soon be able to take home more than a souvenir. A passionate collector has brought Disney magic to a sprawling 30,000-square-foot building in Burbank, California, where fans can hear birds chirping in the Enchanted Tiki Room section...
Jun 6, 2023 1:30 AM CDT
Tim Scott Braves
, Gets Booed
Whoopi Goldberg chided the audience as Scott commented on DeSantis, Disney
- Tim Scott braved
on Monday to discuss his presidential campaign, and the Republican senator got booed—though co-host Whoopi Goldberg had his back, in a way. The boos came when Scott, commenting on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' ongoing feud with Disney, said, "Disney and Ron have been...
Pixar Just Had Its
Biggest Round of Layoffs
in 10 Years
Jun 5, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
Pixar Just Had Its Biggest Round of Layoffs in 10 Years
Producer who saved 'Toy Story 2' has lost her job
- The Pixar employee who famously saved
Toy Story 2
back in 1998 has lost her job as part of the animation studio's first large-scale layoffs in a decade. Galyn Susman had been working from home after giving birth to her son when almost 90% of the film was accidentally...
May 13, 2023 10:45 AM CDT
Has Anyone Seen Bruce?
Liz Atkinson is 'completely desperate' to find stuffed elephant with late son's ashes, lost in Florida
- "I am completely desperate and hoping this blows up and we find our elephant!" So begins a May 6 Facebook plea from Liz Atkinson, an ER nurse from Iowa who's doing all she can to find a stuffed animal that went missing during a family vacation in...
Apr 28, 2023 12:24 PM CDT
Did DeSantis Miscalculate Against Disney?
Even fellow Republicans are questioning his escalating fight against the company
- Now that Disney has fired back in a big way at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a common theme in coverage has emerged, one that questions whether DeSantis has taken on too big of a fight ahead of his expected entry into the 2024 race. He may well prove the naysayers...
of Bad News
Apr 24, 2023 3:08 PM CDT
New Round of Bad News at Disney
Company is laying off thousands of workers this week
- Workers under the Walt Disney umbrella have been bracing for what they have referred to as the "big one" for weeks now, reports Deadline . On Monday, it arrived—a new round of layoffs and the biggest in a series of them that will see the company cut 7,000...
Could Get 5 Years for
Alleged 'Guilty Pleasure'
Apr 24, 2023 8:22 AM CDT
Ex-Disney Worker Could Get 5 Years for Alleged 'Guilty Pleasure'
Cops say Jorge Diaz Vega, 26, had 500 videos on phone that were recorded up women's skirts
- Troubling news emerged out of Disney over the past few days, on both sides of the country. First, a 45-foot-tall animatronic dragon went up in flames over the weekend in California's Disneyland, though thankfully no one was hurt. Now, out of Florida, a disturbing development from Disney World. According...
A Fan Favorite
Is Back for New
Apr 7, 2023 2:25 PM CDT
A Fan Favorite Is Back for New
Daisy Ridley will reprise her role as Rey in final installation of new Lucasfilm/Disney trilogy
- If you've noticed an abundance of
- themed hashtags on social media, there's a reason for it. Deadline reports that Disney and Lucasfilm kicked off their "Star Wars Celebration" event in London on Friday, with thousands of attendees eager to hear what's in store...
Get Live-Action Remake
Apr 4, 2023 5:28 PM CDT
to Get Live-Action Remake
Stars highlight film's cultural resonance
- Disney plans to remake
, but this version won't be animated. The company said Monday it's developing a live-action version of the 2016 hit , reports NPR . The story is based on Pacific Islander cultures, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who was in the first film, will appear...
Disney Has a Big
Surprise for DeSantis
Mar 30, 2023 6:31 AM CDT
Disney Has a Big Surprise for DeSantis
Surprise language in 11th-hour deal effectively wrests power away from Florida governor's board
- Last month, Ron DeSantis declared himself the "new sheriff in town" at Disney World, after he hand-picked members for a board that oversees what was formerly known as the Reedy Creek Improvement District, the special tax district for Disney's Orlando-area theme parks. His move came amid a contentious...
a Truly Bonkers
Mar 22, 2023 11:45 AM CDT
Fan Completes a Truly Bonkers Disney Challenge
Nathan Firesheets rode every available ride at all 12 Disney theme parks in 12 days
- It's fair to call Nathan Firesheets a Disney superfan, especially after he ventured to all 12 Disney theme parks, spread across the globe from Paris to Tokyo, in exactly 12 days. And not just to take a quick look at each. To prove his dedication, Firesheets made it onto...
Disney Has Another
Throwdown for DeSantis
Mar 22, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
Disney Has Another Throwdown for DeSantis
Company to host major LGBTQ conference in September
- Ron DeSantis' very public battle with Walt Disney World continues, now with another move by the latter to support LGBTQ rights. Disney World will be hosting a major summit from Sept. 11-14 to help boost lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender rights in the workplace, with execs and team members from...
Man Who Worked for Disney
Longer Than Anyone Has Died
Feb 28, 2023 12:27 PM CST
Man Who Worked for Disney Longer Than Anyone Has Died
Burny Mattinson was set to receive company's first 70-year service award
- Disney's longest-serving employee—an animator, writer, and director who worked on films ranging from 1955's
Lady and the Tramp
—has died. Burny Mattinson, described by CEO Bob Iger as a "legend" and "a true icon" of Disney Animation, died Monday at...
Sequels Are in the Works
Feb 9, 2023 1:50 PM CST
Sequels Are in the Works
New 'Zootopia' movie is also on the way, Iger says
- Disney CEO Bob Iger announced 7,000 layoffs as part of a $5.5 billion cost-cutting package Wednesday—but he had better news for fans of some of the company's biggest animated hits. Iger announced that
sequels are in the works, Deadline reports. "...
Disney Is Cutting 7K Jobs
Feb 8, 2023 5:23 PM CST
Disney Is Cutting 7K Jobs
'I do not make this decision lightly,' Bob Iger says
- The Walt Disney Co. said Wednesday it will cut about 7,000 jobs as part of a "significant transformation" announced by CEO Bob Iger. The job cuts, which amount to about 3% of the company's global workforce, were announced Wednesday after Disney reported quarterly results that topped Wall...
Episode Criticizing China
Feb 7, 2023 1:13 AM CST
Episode Criticizing China
Episode mentioning 'forced labor camps' not available in Hong Kong
- Amid ongoing tensions between the US and China, an episode of
that mentions forced labor camps has been removed from Disney's streaming service in Hong Kong. The episode, "One Angry Lisa
" which premiered in October, includes a scene in which the Great Wall of China...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Florida Man Bitten 41 Times by Rabid Otter
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.