Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit:
'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
Sep 30, 2022 9:13 AM CDT
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
NFL, Dolphins under fire as Tua Tagovailoa suffers a concussion Thursday night
- The NFL has another controversy on its hands related to concussions after a scary incident Thursday night involving Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Coverage:
The Dolphins' 24-year-old quarterback got sacked in the second quarter and his head came down hard on the ground. His arms appeared to seize,
Former Cowboys Player
Dies in Climbing Accident
Sep 30, 2022 6:20 AM CDT
Former Cowboys Player Dies in Climbing Accident
Gavin Escobar was one of 2 people killed in California accident, firefighters say
- Former Dallas Cowboys tight end Gavin Escobar was one of two people killed in a rock climbing accident in California Wednesday, authorities say. The bodies of Escobar, 31, and fellow Huntington Beach resident Chelsea Walsh, 33, were found in a remote area of the San Bernardino National Forest near Idyllwild,...
Sep 27, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
NFL Star Rolls His Porsche After Practice
All-Pro Myles Garrett of the Cleveland Browns is out of the hospital
- Cleveland Browns star defensive end Myles Garrett was released from a hospital late Monday night after he was injured when he rolled over his Porsche while driving on a rural Ohio road following practice. Garrett suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the one-car wreck, per the AP . He'd been taken to...
Bizarre 'Butt Punt'
May Lead to Endorsement
Sep 26, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
Bizarre 'Butt Punt' May Lead to Endorsement
Miami Dolphins punter kicks one straight into the rear end of a teammate
- They're calling it the "butt punt." A weird play in the NFL on Sunday has been so dubbed by outlets including
, ESPN , the
New York Times
, and the South Florida
. It took place in Miami, late in the Dolphins' game against Buffalo. Thomas...
At Next Pro Bowl, Tackling
Is Out, Flag Football Is In
Sep 26, 2022 9:55 AM CDT
At Next Pro Bowl, Tackling Is Out, Flag Football Is In
Worried about injuries, league is switching for next all-star competition
- The NFL is replacing the Pro Bowl with weeklong skills competitions and a flag football game, the AP has learned. The new event will replace the full-contact showcase started in 1951. It will be renamed “The Pro Bowl Games” and will feature AFC and NFC players showcasing their football...
Super Bowl Has Its Halftime Act
Sep 25, 2022 3:15 PM CDT
Super Bowl Has Its Halftime Act
Rihanna will headline show in Arizona
- The drama involving the selection of the headliner for the next Super Bowl's halftime show is over, but the hype is just beginning. Rihanna will take the stage Feb. 12 in Arizona, per the
. An NFL executive welcomed the singer with a statement calling her "a...
It's Never Happened
Before in the NFL
Sep 19, 2022 9:39 AM CDT
It's Never Happened Before in the NFL
2 teams overcame 20-point halftime deficits for the first time in history, part of a wild Sunday
- Week 2 of the NFL made for some interesting headlines, even for those who might not follow the game closely:
For the first time in NFL history, more than one team overcame a halftime deficit of at least 20 points to win, reports ESPN . The Dolphins trailed by 21
Sep 9, 2022 10:48 AM CDT
NBC Airs 10 Seconds of Ozzy's Halftime Show
His fans are not pleased
- After Thursday night's NFL opener, two groups of fans aren't happy: those of the Rams and those of Ozzy Osborne. The first group is understandable enough, given that Los Angeles lost to the Buffalo Bills 31-10, per the AP . The second group is ticked because NBC chose to...
Matt Araiza's Accuser
Goes Public With Her Claims
Sep 2, 2022 6:25 AM CDT
Matt Araiza's Accuser Goes Public With Her Claims
She speaks to ABC News
- Matt Araiza, dubbed the "Punt God" after an 82-yard punt kick in his debut with the Buffalo Bills, was let go by the team last week after he was accused in a civil lawsuit of participating in a gang rape. "Our culture in Buffalo is more important than...
Rookie NFL Punter
Is Cut After Rape Allegation
Aug 28, 2022 5:42 AM CDT
Rookie NFL Punter Is Cut After Rape Allegation
Buffalo Bills release Matt Araiza, accused of assaulting a teen girl last year
A rookie NFL punter is out of a job after being accused of rape by a teenager. The Buffalo Bills released 22-year-old Matt Araiza on Saturday, two days after a civil suit accused him and two other members of last year's San Diego State football team of raping...
Joint NFL Practice Ends
in Helmet-Swinging Brawl
Aug 25, 2022 6:40 PM CDT
Joint NFL Practice Ends in Helmet-Swinging Brawl
'Emotions run high,' Bengals coach says after fight
- A brawl between the Cincinnati Bengals and Los Angeles Rams put an early end to their joint practice session Thursday, with Rams star Aaron Donald repeatedly swinging a helmet at Bengals players before being thrown to the ground. Players threw fists and helmets during scuffles leading up to a final...
Len Dawson Led Chiefs
to First Super Bowl
Aug 25, 2022 5:08 PM CDT
Len Dawson Led Chiefs to First Super Bowl
Quarterback helped build league's fan base on ' Inside the NFL'
- Whether it was in the huddle during the early days of the AFL or behind the microphone as the NFL grew into the behemoth it is today, Len Dawson carried himself with an unmistakable swagger and self-assurance that earned him the well-worn nickname "Lenny the Cool." He was...
Aug 20, 2022 5:30 PM CDT
NFL Players Aren't Sure About Pads for Helmets
League says protection early in the season can mitigate head injuries later
- "Obviously, they don't look pretty," an NFL defensive lineman said at training camp this week. "You feel like a bobblehead," a lineman on another team said. "They're stupid," a player on a third team said. The complaints were about the Guardian Caps...
A Bigger Penalty, but QB
Isn't Admitting to Wrongdoing
Aug 18, 2022 1:25 PM CDT
A Bigger Penalty, but QB Isn't Admitting to Wrongdoing
Such deals don't 'mean that a person is guilty for anything,' says Deshaun Watson
- Deshaun Watson's punishment from the NFL over allegations of sexual misconduct is finally settled. The league and the NFL Players Association agreed Thursday that the Cleveland Browns quarterback will be suspended without pay for 11 games, pay a $5 million fine on top of that, and undergo professional evaluation...
Brother of Ex-NFLer Turns
Himself in After Fatal Shooting
Aug 15, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
Brother of Ex-NFLer Turns Himself in After Fatal Shooting
Yaqub Talib, brother of former Bronco Aqib Talib, is accused of gunning down youth coach in Texas
This story has been updated with new developments.
The brother of a former NFL cornerback turned himself in Monday after an arrest warrant was issued in connection with the fatal shooting of a youth football coach in Texas. Police in Lancaster issued the warrant for Yaqub Salik Talib, the older...
NFL Says It Is Appealing
Deshaun Watson's Punishment
Aug 4, 2022 7:41 AM CDT
NFL Says It Is Appealing Deshaun Watson's Punishment
League wants a longer suspension for Browns QB
- The NFL has decided to appeal the six-game suspension Deshaun Watson received this week, seeking a tougher punishment for the Cleveland Browns quarterback. The suspension was issued Monday by former federal judge Sue L. Robinson, the league's disciplinary officer. The NFL had recommended an indefinite suspension of at least...
'Ridiculous' Clause Cut From
NFL QB's $230M Contract
Jul 29, 2022 7:40 AM CDT
'Ridiculous' Clause Cut From NFL QB's $230M Contract
Cardinals said Kyler Murray had to carry out 4 hours of 'independent study' per week
- The Arizona Cardinals have backtracked on an unusual clause in star quarterback Kyler Murray's new five-year, $230.5 million contract. The clause, first reported in a tweet from NFL analyst Ian Rapoport, called for Murray to carry out four hours of "independent study" per game week. He would...
She Tried to Sell
JJ Watt Merch
to Raise Money.
Jul 21, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
She Tried to Sell JJ Watt Merch to Raise Money. Watt Responded
Arizona Cardinals player steps up to help woman fundraising for grandfather's funeral
- A sports fan who tried to hawk some of her JJ Watt merch to help pay for her grandfather's funeral ended up hearing from the Arizona Cardinals defensive end himself. Jennifer Simpson's Wednesday tweet noted that she hoped to sell a Watt-branded jersey from when he played for...
Extreme Heat Workout
Habit Killed Marion Barber
Jul 12, 2022 5:53 PM CDT
Extreme Heat Workout Habit Killed Marion Barber
Ex-NFLer died of heat stroke after apparent exercise in 'sauna-like conditions'
Marion Barber III died of heat stroke after apparently exercising in "sauna-like conditions" in his apartment in Frisco, Texas. The Collin County medical examiner ruled the former NFL star's death an accident, police said Monday, per the AP . He hadn't been seen for three weeks before...
Had CTE When He Died
Jul 6, 2022 12:58 AM CDT
Demaryius Thomas Had CTE When He Died
'Educate yourself on this,' says his mom
- Demaryius Thomas died in December at age 33 , just a few months after retiring from the NFL. On Tuesday, his family announced the four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver and former Denver Bronco had chronic traumatic encephalopathy, the degenerative brain disease linked to repeated blows to the head. Like many other...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Queen's 2-Word Cause of Death Is Released
Judge: Trump Doesn't Have to Declare FBI Planted Evidence
Ginni Thomas Tells Committee 2020 Election Was Stolen
So Which 4 Tom Hanks Movies Does He Like Himself?
Danish Queen Strips 4 Grandkids of Royal Titles
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.