Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Vikings: Everson Griffen
Is Getting Help After Crisis
Nov 25, 2021 4:54 AM CST
Vikings: Everson Griffen Is Getting Help After Crisis
Player left home peacefully after disturbing Instagram posts
- Minnesota Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen is getting the help he needs after an apparent mental health crisis Wednesday, the team says. Griffen called 911 from his home in Minnetrista, 25 miles outside Minneapolis, around 3am saying somebody was in his home and he had fired a shot,
KC Chiefs to Take Care of
Girl in Britt Reid Crash for Life
Nov 20, 2021 6:30 AM CST
KC Chiefs to Take Care of Girl in Britt Reid Crash for Life
NFL team will offer lifetime medical, financial support for Ariel Young, who was 5 when injured
The little girl seriously injured in a February car crash involving former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid is now set with a lifetime of support from the NFL team. According to a joint statement from the Chiefs and attorneys for the family of Ariel Young, who was...
Former NFL Player Arrested
After Disturbing Video
Nov 19, 2021 7:41 AM CST
Former NFL Player Arrested After Disturbing Video
Zac Stacy accused of vicious attack on a former girlfriend
Former NFL player Zac Stacy has been arrested in Florida after a disturbing video emerged that reportedly shows him beating his ex-girlfriend, reports WSMV . Stacy was taken into custody at Orlando International Airport on Thursday, and he is being held without bond on charges including aggravated battery. Ex Kristin...
Pay $300, and You Can Tell
People You're an NFL Owner
Nov 16, 2021 12:30 PM CST
Pay $300, and You Can Tell People You're an NFL Owner
Green Bay Packers selling stock in the team again, but buyers get 'bragging rights' only
- The Green Bay Packers are selling stock in the team starting Tuesday, and interested parties can scoop up a share for $300 through February. The team spells out the details here , but the
Wall Street Journal
notes the giant asterisk involved. This isn't stock in the traditional sense. The...
Sideline Another Star QB
Nov 14, 2021 5:45 AM CST
COVID Protocols Sideline Another Star QB
Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger cannot play Sunday
- Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID-19 list and will miss the Steelers' game Sunday against the Detroit Lions. The Steelers announced Saturday night that Roethlisberger was ruled out for the game, per the AP . Roethlisberger is the second prominent quarterback in two weeks to miss a...
Nov 13, 2021 5:30 PM CST
Packers Activate Rodgers
Quarterback is off the COVID list in time to play Sunday
- The Green Bay Packers said Saturday they've activated Aaron Rodgers, meaning the star quarterback can play in Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks. Rogers had been on the NFL's reserve/COVID-19 list since testing positive for the coronavirus last week. He was in quarantine for 10 days, CNN...
Gruden Sues NFL, Accuses
League of 'Malicious' Campaign
Nov 13, 2021 6:30 AM CST
Gruden Sues NFL, Accuses League of 'Malicious' Campaign
Former Raiders coach also names Commissioner Roger Goodell in his complaint
- Jon Gruden resigned last month as the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders after reports emerged about a series of emails in which he was said to have used racist, misogynistic, and homophobic language. Now, Gruden is suing the NFL and its commissioner, Roger Goodell, for leaking those emails to...
Panthers Bring Back
Nov 11, 2021 4:40 PM CST
Panthers Bring Back Cam Newton
Former star quarterback 'loves Charlotte,' coach says
- Superman has returned. But whether or not Cam Newton can save the Carolina Panthers' sinking season remains to be seen. The Panthers (4-5) have announced they've agreed to a one-year contract with Newton, bringing him back to the franchise that drafted him No. 1 overall in 2011—and later...
One More Raiders Controversy:
Player Cut Over Gun Video
Nov 9, 2021 7:11 AM CST
One More Raiders Controversy: Player Cut Over Gun Video
Team releases former first-round draft pick Damon Arnette
- The NFL has had plenty of controversies lately, and the trouble keeps escalating for one team in particular—the Las Vegas Raiders. First, the team lost coach Jon Gruden over offensive emails. Then it cut Henry Ruggs after he was charged with DUI after a fatal crash at mind-boggling speed....
State Farm: Rodgers Has
Been a 'Great Ambassador'
Nov 8, 2021 1:03 PM CST
State Farm: Rodgers Has Been a 'Great Ambassador'
But his ads for the firm haven't been airing much lately
- State Farm is standing by Aaron Rodgers, with its words if not its actions. A company spokeswoman told
Monday that the Green Bay Packers quarterback has been "a great ambassador for our company for much of the past decade," and while State Farm doesn't support...
Nov 7, 2021 6:30 AM CST
Aaron Rodgers Loses Sponsorship Over Vaccine Views
Wisconsin's Prevea Health cuts ties
Aaron Rodgers has lost a major sponsorship over his vaccination controversy . Prevea Health, a health care provider in Wisconsin, is cutting ties with the Green Bay QB, reports
. Rogers tested positive for COVID after going unvaccinated, and in an interview Friday, he challenged the efficacy of the...
Browns Cut Star Receiver
After Dad's Instagram Post
Nov 5, 2021 5:30 PM CDT
Browns Cut Star Receiver After Dad's Instagram Post
Odell Beckham Jr. is out, with video critical of QB apparently the last straw
- Odell Beckham Jr. has run his last route for the Browns. The polarizing wide receiver is being released by the Cleveland Browns, who are cutting ties with Beckham after a drama-filled stay that ended with him being told to stay home from practice, per the AP . Beckham's unceremonious exit—...
After Positive Test,
Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Nov 4, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
After Positive Test, Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Packers QB claimed to be 'immunized,' but he wasn't vaccinated
- When reporters asked Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in August if he'd been vaccinated, he said, "Yeah, I've been immunized," adding, "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision." But on Wednesday, NFL....
Nov 3, 2021 4:47 PM CDT
Police Put Ruggs' Speed at 156mph Before Crash
NFL player appears in court after fatal wreck
- An NFL player was driving 156mph about 2 seconds before his car slammed into another vehicle in Las Vegas early Tuesday, killing a 23-year-old woman, a police report says. When the airbags deployed in Henry Ruggs' Corvette, it was moving at 127mph, airbag data show. Ruggs appeared in court Wednesday...
Raiders Release Henry Ruggs
After Fatal Alleged DUI Crash
Nov 3, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Raiders Release Henry Ruggs After Fatal Alleged DUI Crash
He's been charged with felony DUI
The Las Vegas Raiders released wide receiver Henry Ruggs on Tuesday night after he was involved in a fatal car crash, for which he has been charged with felony DUI resulting in a death, CNN reports.
Our previous story from Tuesday follows:
$1M in Bitcoin
Nov 2, 2021 2:01 AM CDT
Aaron Rodgers Giving Away $1M in Bitcoin
The Green Bay Packers quarterback announces partnership with CashApp
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is investing in cryptocurrency in a big way. "I’m pumped to share that I’ve recently teamed with CashApp," he said in a video shared on Twitter on Monday, per Yahoo Sports . "They’ve enabled me to take part of...
to Focus on
Nov 1, 2021 11:00 AM CDT
NFL Player Is Sidelined to Focus on Mental Health
Calvin Ridley of the Atlanta Falcons is stepping away from the game
- Atlanta Falcons receiver Calvin Ridley says he's stepping away from football, at least temporarily, to focus on his mental health. Ridley was a last-minute scratch from Sunday's game against Carolina, the second game he's missed this season for what the team would only describe as a personal...
Brady Fan Returns
Oct 25, 2021 6:45 AM CDT
Brady Fan Returns Historic Ball, Forfeits Big Payday
Byron Kennedy returns 600th TD football to the team
- Tom Brady did something on Sunday no NFL quarterback has ever done—he threw the 600th touchdown pass of his career. (Watch it here .) And then things got a little weird. Receiver Mike Evans, apparently unaware he had just made a historic catch, handed the ball to a fan...
Gruden's Target: His Comment
'Makes Your Head Explode'
Oct 13, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Gruden's Target: His Comment 'Makes Your Head Explode'
DeMaurice Smith says coach's resignation presents an 'opportunity'
- As an investigation of the Washington Football Team wrapped up over the summer—with a $10 million fine for workplace abuse —another was just beginning. During that initial probe, prompted by sexual harassment complaints, the NFL had received 650,000 emails from the work account of former Washington executive...
Oct 12, 2021 6:52 AM CDT
Raiders Coach Resigns After More Comments Are Revealed
Jon Gruden allegedly used homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic language
- Just one day after he insisted he's not racist , Las Vegas Raiders head coach Jon Gruden is out. Gruden resigned Monday, saying in a statement issued by the NFL team, "I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
2 Planes Flew in From South Africa. 61 People Had COVID
Taylor Swift Just Outdid 'American Pie'
Bannon: Make My Court Documents Public
Dow Just Had Worst Black Friday on Record
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.