Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Ex-NFL Linebacker Dies
Days Before 26th Birthday
Jan 26, 2023 3:50 PM CST
Ex-NFL Linebacker Dies Days Before 26th Birthday
No cause of death given for Jessie Lemonier, who played for Lions, Chargers, and Cardinals
- Former NFL linebacker Jessie Lemonier has died at age 25, reports
. No cause of death has been released. The linebacker out of Liberty University made his NFL debut with the Los Angeles Chargers in 2020, playing in six games that season. He played for the Detroit Lions the...
For 2nd Straight Year,
49ers Are a Win Away
From Super Bowl
Jan 23, 2023 12:01 AM CST
For 2nd Straight Year, 49ers Are a Win Away From Super Bowl
They'll play Philadelphia Eagles in NFC championship game Sunday
- Christian McCaffrey scored on a go-ahead 2-yard run in the fourth quarter and San Francisco's defense did the rest, sending the 49ers to their second straight NFC title game with a 19-12 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, the AP reports. The 49ers (15-4) used back-to-back long scoring...
Game Will Be a Rematch
Jan 23, 2023 12:00 AM CST
AFC Championship Game Will Be a Rematch
Cincinnati Bengals play Kansas City Chiefs in AFC championship game Sunday
- Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals threw a big wrench into the highly anticipated travel plans of the Buffalo Bills, their fans, and perhaps even the NFL offices. Burrow threw two touchdown passes and Cincinnati’s defense swarmed Josh Allen on a snow-slicked field in a 27-10 win Sunday to...
3 Noteworthy Things
About Monday Night's
NFL 'Playoff Dud'
Jan 17, 2023 12:35 AM CST
3 Noteworthy Things About Monday Night's NFL 'Playoff Dud'
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are out of the playoffs
- The Dallas Cowboys eliminated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in a wild-card NFL playoff game Monday night that was making headlines for a few reasons. Among them:
Late in the fourth quarter, Tampa Bay wide receiver Russell Gage took a hard shot to the neck after stumbling to the
This Was the Craziest
Play of the NFL Weekend
Jan 16, 2023 6:03 AM CST
This Was the Craziest Play of the NFL Weekend
Bengals return a fumble for a playoff record 98 yards in the 4th quarter in their win
- Most of the NFL playoff games over the weekend were close—like this hard-to-believe comeback —and one play in particular stood out. It came during the fourth quarter of the Baltimore Ravens-Cincinnati Bengals game Sunday night. With the score tied at 17, the Ravens were on the Bengals' 2-yard-line...
Crazy Win Was Third-Biggest
Comeback Ever in Playoffs
Jan 15, 2023 7:40 AM CST
Crazy Win Was Third-Biggest Comeback Ever in Playoffs
Jacksonville trailed 27-0, won 31-30
- At one point late in the first half of their playoff game against the Los Angeles Chargers Saturday night, the Jacksonville Jaguars trailed 27-0. The Jaguars, however, ended up winning 31-30 on a last-second field goal in front of their home fans. The stunning victory ranks as the third-biggest post-season...
Hero Ex-NFL Star Is
'on the Road to Recovery'
Jan 13, 2023 7:40 AM CST
Hero Ex-NFL Star Is 'on the Road to Recovery'
Girlfriend says Peyton Hillis is now breathing on his own after almost drowning
- Angela Cole, girlfriend of former NFL player Peyton Hillis, shared an encouraging update Wednesday night, a week after he was hospitalized in critical condition,
reports. Relatives said Hillis almost drowned while rescuing one of his children and the child of a relative from the ocean off Pensacola, Florida,...
No. 1 Pick Is Decided
in Surprising Fashion
Jan 9, 2023 7:55 AM CST
No. 1 Pick Is Decided in Surprising Fashion
Houston rallies to win late, and the victory costs them the top 2023 draft pick
- To tank or not to tank is an age-old sports dilemma, one that came into sharp focus in the NFL on Sunday. Heading into their final game, the Houston Texans were 2-13-1 and would have locked up the No. 1 pick in the next NFL draft with another loss. Instead,...
Jan 8, 2023 5:30 AM CST
In First Comments, Damar Hamlin Says Thanks
Buffalo Bills players tweets from the hospital, where he continues to recover
- As his recovery continues, the NFL's Damar Hamlin made his first public comments Saturday in the wake of his life-threatening injury . “Putting love into the world comes back 3xs as much," reads a tweet from the 24-year-old's account. The message added that Hamlin was "thankful...
Hit May Have
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 7, 2023 12:10 PM CST
Incredibly Rare Hit May Have Felled Bills Player
'It's almost like getting struck by lightning,' doctor says of heart condition that can be set off by impact
- Serious injuries in the NFL these days often involve the head . But in the case of Monday night's shocking injury to Damar Hamlin of the Buffalo Bills, it involved the heart. The 24-year-old suffered cardiac arrest and required CPR and the use of a defibrillator on the field. He...
After Hamlin Collapsed,
Radio Calls Got Intense
Jan 6, 2023 11:32 AM CST
After Hamlin Collapsed, Radio Calls Got Intense
Emergency recordings lend insight into grave scene on the field
- As Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin continues to heal following his collapse during an NFL game Monday night after suffering from a cardiac arrest, recordings have been released of the red-alert emergency response on the field at Cincinnati's Paycor Stadium. "I don't like how he went down"...
Damar Hamlin Is Now
Breathing on His Own
Jan 6, 2023 9:34 AM CST
Damar Hamlin Is Now Breathing on His Own
Buffalo Bills player's 'remarkable' recovery continues
- After Thursday's good news on Damar Hamlin , more has followed on Friday: The NFL player is now breathing on his own and able to talk, according to the Buffalo Bills and Hamlin's agent. The team tweeted that the 24-year-old's breathing tube was removed overnight as he "...
NFL Makes 'Difficult, but
Necessary, Decision' on Game
Jan 6, 2023 7:26 AM CST
NFL Makes 'Difficult, but Necessary, Decision' on Game
Meanwhile, Hamlin has reached a recovery 'turning point'
- When Damar Hamlin woke up Wednesday evening after two days of sedation, the first words he wrote down to a nurse were: "Who won the game?" The 24-year-old Buffalo Bills safety was referring to the matchup Monday night between his team and the Cincinnati Bengals where he'd collapsed...
After Damar Hamlin
Employee May Have
Saved His Life
Jan 6, 2023 1:38 AM CST
After Damar Hamlin Collapsed, This Employee May Have Saved His Life
Denny Kellington is said to have taken critical action
- After Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field Monday night, an assistant athletic trainer for the Buffalo Bills rushed to his side: Denny Kellington, who quickly got to work performing CPR and is now being hailed as a "hero." Writes sports journalist Albert Breer in a tweet cited by...
Jan 5, 2023 2:55 PM CST
Damar Hamlin's First Question: Who Won the Game?
Doctors say he asked it in writing upon waking up
- When the NFL's Damar Hamlin woke Wednesday night from two days of sedation, doctors say he asked a fitting question in writing: Who won the game? Dr. William Knight IV of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine says he responded, "Damar, you've won. You've won...
Damar Hamlin Showing
Jan 5, 2023 10:29 AM CST
Damar Hamlin Showing 'Remarkable Improvement'
Buffalo Bills say he appears to be 'neurologically intact'
- The news on Damar Hamlin had a decidedly optimistic bent on Thursday. The Buffalo Bills cited "remarkable improvement" in an update from a Cincinnati hospital, where the 24-year-old spent the last two days sedated after suffering cardiac arrest during a game on Monday night. (He even asked in writing...
He Died on NFL
Field in 1971.
His Widow Speaks
Jan 4, 2023 12:26 PM CST
He Died on NFL Field in 1971. His Widow Speaks on Hamlin
'I was very emotional' about Bills player, says Sharon Hughes, wife of Chuck Hughes
- Emotions ran high Monday night in Cincinnati after Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest and collapsed on the field during a game against the Bengals, receiving CPR before being rushed to a local hospital. One person watching at home was especially distraught: Sharon Hughes, the widow of...
Team Says Hamlin Is
Still in Critical Condition
Jan 3, 2023 3:05 PM CST
Team Says Hamlin Is Still in Critical Condition
Family asks fans to keep him in their prayers
- Damar Hamlin's family is asking fans to keep the Buffalo Bills safety in their prayers as he remains in critical condition after Monday night's shocking medical inciden t. "We are deeply moved by the prayers, kind words, and donations from fans around the country,” Hamlin’s...
'While You Pray for Damar
Say One for Tee Higgins, Too'
Jan 3, 2023 9:20 AM CST
'While You Pray for Damar Say One for Tee Higgins, Too'
Messages of support come pouring in for Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver who hit Bills' safety Hamlin
- Prayers are pouring in from across the country for the Buffalo Bills' Damar Hamlin, but also for the man who tackled him immediately before his heart stopped. The Cincinnati Bengals' Tee Higgins was seen leaving Paycor Stadium with his arm wrapped around his mother after Hamlin was taken to...
Jan 3, 2023 6:31 AM CST
Bills Player's Charity Flooded by Fans
Donations for Damar Hamlin's Chasing M's Foundation toy drive reach over $3.2M
- The charity of Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin has received more than $3.2 million in donations following his on-field collapse Monday. Hamlin had created a GoFundMe campaign , seeking $2,500 for the Chasing M's Foundation's third annual toy drive, to benefit Kelly and Nina's Daycare Center...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Five Fired Memphis Cops Are Charged With Murder
The Suspects in Calif. Shootings Are 'Particularly Stunning'
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Lawsuit: Woman, 97, Froze to Death in View of Facility's Security Cameras
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.