Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Young Aide Who Testified
About Jan. 6 Pens a Book
Jul 14, 2023 1:09 PM CDT
Young Aide Who Testified About Jan. 6 Pens a Book
Cassidy Hutchinson was a key witness in hearings on Capitol riot
- A former White House aide to President Trump who became a prominent congressional witness against him and his allies in the wake of the Jan. 6 siege of the US Capitol has an upcoming book, reports the AP .
by Cassidy Hutchinson will be released Sept. 26. "With
Gets a Scathing
Oct 27, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
Barrett's Book Gets a Scathing Literary Reaction
In open letter, literati blast publisher, SCOTUS justice over 'fundamental human right' of abortion
- Not everyone is thrilled about Amy Coney Barrett's upcoming book , including a couple hundred literary notables who've signed a scathing open letter to her publisher. The
reports on the letter —titled "We Dissent" and signed by close to 250 "members of the writing, publishing,...
Jul 8, 2022 5:10 PM CDT
Cuomo Abused Authority for Book: Report
Investigation finds New York governor misused state resources on $5M project
- Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo improperly used state resources for a book he received $5.1 million to write, according to a report by a law firm. New York's soon-to-be-disbanded ethics commission, the Joint Commission on Public Ethics, voted Thursday to make the report public. It had sought...
'The Deal Is One of
the Biggest of All Time'
Feb 22, 2022 2:02 AM CST
'The Deal Is One of the Biggest of All Time'
Britney Spears reportedly lands $15M book deal
- Britney Spears has scored a $15 million book deal, publishing insiders tell Page Six . The sources say the deal was made after a bidding war that Simon & Schuster won. "The deal is one of the biggest of all time, behind the Obamas," says one source. A source...
Ethics Panel Says Cuomo
Can't Keep Book Proceeds
Dec 14, 2021 2:46 PM CST
Ethics Panel Says Cuomo Can't Keep Book Proceeds
Investigators say he broke promise not to have staffers work on 'American Crisis'
- Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo received a hefty sum for his book on the pandemic—and a state ethics panel has now ordered him to turn it over. The Joint Commission on Public Ethics voted 12-1 to order Cuomo to hand over the proceeds from
American Crisis: Leadership Lessons
Gets a New
Jun 16, 2021 2:15 AM CDT
Jared Kushner Gets a New Side Hustle
Former president's son-in-law expected to publish book next year
- Jared Kushner is the latest former member of the Trump administration to score a book deal. Former President Trump's son-in-law is working on an as-yet-untitled memoir about his time in the Trump administration that is expected out early next year, the AP reports. It will be published by Broadside...
Cuomo's Book Deal
Was Really Rich
May 18, 2021 2:51 AM CDT
Cuomo's Book Deal Was Really Rich
$5.1M, at least, according to tax records
- The world knew Andrew Cuomo received somewhere north of $4 million for his book on the coronavirus pandemic, but now it's clear just how far north. The Crown Publishing Group, a subsidiary of Penguin Random House, is set to pay the New York governor more than $5.1 million...
Looks Like Amy Coney Barrett's
Story Just Got More Lucrative
Apr 19, 2021 9:55 AM CDT
Looks Like Amy Coney Barrett's Story Just Got More Lucrative
Supreme Court justice reportedly gets $2M book deal
- Local media in Indiana is abuzz after Amy Coney Barrett and her husband put their South Bend home up for sale so they can move to DC, but it appears that's not the only big news for the Supreme Court justice. Three sources tell Politico that the conservative justice,...
'Immersive Historical Saga'
Coming Soon From Fergie
Jan 13, 2021 7:40 AM CST
'Immersive Historical Saga' Coming Soon From Fergie
Romance novel based on Sarah Ferguson's ancestor will be published by Mills & Boon
- An "immersive historical saga" with a lovestruck heroine is on its way to readers, and though the author is a rookie at writing romance novels—or any novels, for that matter—it's a name you'll recognize. Sky News reports the Duchess of York herself, Sarah Ferguson, has...
Melania Shops Around
Book Deal, Source says
Nov 29, 2020 4:25 PM CST
Melania Shops Around Book Deal, Source says
'It would be her money,' a source tells the New York Post
- Melania Trump is apparently shopping around a book deal with the full support of her husband, Business Insider reports. "Melania is in meetings to write her White House memoir," an unidentified source tells the
New York Post
. "And it would be her money—a chance for her...
for a Book
Nov 12, 2020 4:35 PM CST
Haberman Has Deal for a Book on Trump
White House reporter began covering future president for the New York Post
- One of the top chroniclers of the Trump administration,
New York Times
White House reporter Maggie Haberman, has a book deal. Penguin Press announced Thursday that the Pulitzer Prize winner's book, currently untitled, would come out in 2022, the AP reports. "Maggie has had a front row seat...
Boy, 4, Lands Book Deal
Jul 22, 2020 6:20 PM CDT
Boy, 4, Lands Book Deal
Nadim Shamma-Sourgen writes 'purely childlike' poems
- Not many poets try picking their nose on national television. But then, Nadim Shamma-Sourgen doesn't have much media experience: He just landed his first book deal at the age of four, the
reports. "The poems talk about such important feelings, like love and loneliness, and Nadim finds...
Big Name in
a Book Deal
Nov 9, 2019 2:34 PM CST
Big Name in Impeachment Inquiry Has a Book Deal
Sources say John Bolton got a $2M deal
- Former national security adviser John Bolton has a book deal, the AP has learned. The hawkish Bolton departed in September because of numerous foreign policy disagreements with President Trump. He reached a deal over the past few weeks with Simon & Schuster, according to three publishing officials with knowledge of...
Sanders Leaves With 'Head
Held High' and ... a Book Deal?
Jul 1, 2019 7:47 AM CDT
Sanders Leaves With 'Head Held High' and ... a Book Deal?
Sources tell Axios she'll likely write about her WH experience after some R&R in July
- Whether Sarah Huckabee Sanders runs for governor of Arkansas remains to be seen, but she may have at least one other project to keep her busy in the interim. Sources tell Mike Allen at Axios that, after taking some R&R time with her family in July, the former White...
Trump Jr. Reportedly
Following in Dad's Footsteps
May 22, 2019 10:55 AM CDT
Trump Jr. Reportedly Following in Dad's Footsteps
He'll publish first book late this year, per Politico
- Donald Trump Jr. is writing a book to be published late this year, according to Politico . President Trump's eldest son, who is to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee in mid-June , has signed a deal with Center Street Books for a tome to focus on "politics, current events,...
Nov 25, 2018 11:05 AM CST
New Trump Tell-All Blasts His 'Embedded Enemies'
Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie have a sequel book out
- Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie are out with the sequel to their first book,
Let Trump Be Trump ,
and in it they allege that the 45th president of the United States is under constant siege from within by "embedded enemies" in various parts of government who "attack the...
Story of a Bad Date Went Viral,
Lands Woman a $1M Book Deal
Dec 21, 2017 8:33 AM CST
Story of a Bad Date Went Viral, Lands Woman a $1M Book Deal
Kristen Roupenian wrote 'Cat Person' for the 'New Yorker,' and it hit a collective nerve
- An unknown writer became a viral sensation earlier this month after her short story "Cat Person," an uncomfortable narrative about an unpleasant date, appeared in the
. Now that 36-year-old author Kristen Roupenian has been thrust into the public eye, she's making yet another headline—this...
but Not With
Oct 25, 2017 9:20 AM CDT
Kaepernick Just Signed, but Not With NFL: Report
Page Six says he's inked a $1M book deal
- Colin Kaepernick has so far failed to secure a new NFL contract, but he's reportedly just landed a major book deal. A day after reporting that Kaepernick was seen meeting with publishers at the New York offices of talent agency WME, Page Six reports the athlete has nabbed a...
Comey to Dish
on Trump in
Aug 3, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
Comey to Dish on Trump in Upcoming Book
It will explore 'what good, ethical leadership looks like'
- James Comey isn't done discussing his unusual tenure under President Trump. The former FBI director has signed a $2 million deal for a book that will explore "what good, ethical leadership looks like and how it drives sound decisions," publisher Flatiron Books tells NPR . That will mean...
Clinton's Next Book: a Thriller
Written With James Patterson
May 8, 2017 12:17 PM CDT
Clinton's Next Book: a Thriller Written With James Patterson
- Bill Clinton's books: a 1,000-page autobiography , a couple of treatises on his political philosophy, books on the importance of giving and government , and ... a thriller? Yes, Clinton is collaborating with best-selling novelist James Patterson on
The President Is Missing
, due out June 2018, the AP reports. The book...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
One of America's Best-Paid CEOs Abruptly Steps Down
Dallas Mayor Switches Parties
Missing Toddler Found in Woods With 2 Furry Protectors
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.