Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Mort Drucker Is Dead
Apr 9, 2020 1:45 PM CDT
Cartoonist Mort Drucker Is Dead
Legendary master of parody illustrations was 91
- If you've spent any time at all with
over the years, you've been entertained by Mort Drucker. But Thursday brings bad news: The legendary cartoonist has died at age 91 at his home in Woodbury, New York, reports the
New York Times
. No cause of death...
to Stop Publishing
Jul 4, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
Magazine to Stop Publishing New Content
It will disappear from newsstands after August
- Alfred E. Neuman, it's time to worry. After reports Wednesday that
magazine was going to cease publication, owner DC Comics said the satirical publication will survive—but not as readers know it. The publisher says the 67-year-old magazine will no longer have new content, apart from end-of-year specials,...
Mad Magazine Doesn't Get
Pete Buttigieg, Either
May 12, 2019 10:49 AM CDT
Mad Magazine Doesn't Get Pete Buttigieg, Either
Trump's comparison to Alfred E. Neuman had baffled the candidate
- Pete Buttigieg might have just lost the Mad vote. The magazine was pulled into politics Friday when President Trump assessed the Democrat's presidential candidacy by telling Politico , "Alfred E. Neuman cannot become president of the United States." He's the gap-toothed cartoon character who has represented the...
Dead at 88
Apr 30, 2014 3:20 PM CDT
Magazine's Al Feldstein Dead at 88
As editor, he turned it into a cultural staple
- Al Feldstein, whose 28 years at the helm of
magazine transformed the satirical publication into a pop culture institution, has died at his Montana home at age 88. In 1956, publisher William M. Gaines put Feldstein in charge of the magazine, which gleefully parodied politicians and mocked traditional morality....
Jan 26, 2009 6:15 PM CST
Obama Already Stressed Out?
Mad turns satirical eye on new president
- Crises at home and abroad seem to be taking a toll on President Obama already—at least through the lens of
’s cartoonists. The current issue depicts a stressed-out president—ashtray full, antacid flowing—poring over screaming headlines and classified reports. “The only thing the artist missed,...
Popular on Newser
Here's What People Are Saying After Biden's State of the Union
Days After 'Dead' Woman Was Found Alive, a New Incident
After a Drowning, Amusement Park Ride Closes for Good
After Tyre Nichols' Beating, a Pic Began Making the Rounds
Finding Puts 'Extra Nail in the Coffin' on Neanderthal Theory
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.